How are the BLM protests different from the hist. Boston Tea Party? My alternativ to defund the cops - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

How are the BLM protests different from the historical Boston Tea Party?

What makes them different and my responses to several possible differences.

1] That was then and this is now. Back then the gov. was oppressing the people. Now we live in a democracy and so oppression is impossible.
. . . Reply: White people don't get to tell minorities that they are not being oppressed when they are being murdered by the cops.
2] The Boston Tea Party (BTP) only destroyed tea, nobody was injured.
. . . Reply: The BLM protests are much bigger so some few people were injured, so what they were 100 to 1000 times bigger. Is looting stores all that different from throwing tea into the ocean? And, how do we know NOBODY was injured in 1774?
3] The BLM protesters have no right to protest.
. . . Reply: the 1st Amendment gives them that right.
4] The BLM protesters should be more peaceful and obey every police order.
. . . Reply: It's is impossible for a protest of over 100,000 people to have no trouble makers, some of whom are working for the gov. to cause reasons for the police to crack heads. Protests (as the BTP showed) to be effective protests MUST cause some problems for the powers that need to change.
5] The BTP protesters were right and the BLM protesters are wrong.
. . . Reply: So you say. About 80% of the American people polled say they are right.
6] The BLM protesters want white people to make changes and this white person doesn't want to change.
. . . Reply: Well I (as in this white person) says, tough Sh*t. America needs alot of changes right now, this is just one of them.
7] The bog difference is the BTP protesters were white and the BLM protesters are Black.
. . . Reply: This is so racist it boggles the mind. Besides, many, if not most, of the BLM protesters are actually not Black.

My alternative to defund the cops is:
"Upfund" the Social workers.
That is, have 1 Social Worker in every cop car to handle the situations where their expert experience is the better way to go. Also, to be a witness of what happens. Have the Fed. Gov. fund this with MMT-allowed Federal so-called deficit spending.
Capitalism and Libertarianism died with the Marion reforms. The Marion reforms spelled the death-knell for the Roman Republic as de-facto reality as opposed to a legal fiction. After the reforms it was clearly on borrowed time. The American rebellion was to some extent an attempt to re-stablish Roman Republicanism, capitalism and Libertarianism. However while the Roman Republic Republic lasted 400 years before it instituted the Marion reforms, the pathetic joke of an experiment that was the American independence movement didn't last a year till they instituted the Continental Army.
Steve_American wrote:Rich, "Marion" is not a Latin name. IIRC, you mean Marius's reforms.
Beyond that, I don't grok your point about the Continental Army.

Besides, I think you are off topic. How does this relate to the BTP or BLM?

You brought in the Boston Tea Party. I don't see the Boston Tea Party as some noble moral cause. The taxes that the Tea Party were protesting were to pay off the debt built up by the British government. The demand for representative was totally reasonable. The demand for independence was wicked and immoral. The United States was stolen from Britain. It is my birth right as a British person to live and work and receive the same benefits in the United States as those that are born. My rights are being denied by Americans.
Rich wrote:You brought in the Boston Tea Party. I don't see the Boston Tea Party as some noble moral cause. The taxes that the Tea Party were protesting were to pay off the debt built up by the British government. The demand for representative was totally reasonable. The demand for independence was wicked and immoral. The United States was stolen from Britain. It is my birth right as a British person to live and work and receive the same benefits in the United States as those that are born. My rights are being denied by Americans.
OK, you're British. I didn't knw.
So, why are you replying to a post about the USA.
Americans see the BTP protesters as American patriots.
Frankly, you're opinion on this is not relevant.
So, you're opinion is that the UK would be within its rights to invade America and make it a colony again. Stolen art can be returned to its old owners as soon as the truth is determined. See art stolen by Nazis in WWII.
Who said that you as a British subject living in the US has less benefits than a native born citizen? Maybe you mean the $1200 checks. I don't know because you didn't say. If this is your beef, then tough cookies.
Would I as an American citizen if I lived in the UK get all the benefits of a native born subject?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Russia doesn't have endless supply of weapons and[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]