Joe Biden - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15110726
XogGyux wrote:You do realize the PTSD analogy only works as an analogy right? There is no actual thing that you are claiming. :lol:


Apparently, he cannot do that today either. Not without being harassed.
By any chance are you suggesting: "You lucky that you are only being harrassed and discriminated, 50 years ago we would have lynched your ass off just for having a bit extra melanin in your skin.
They should just be quiet and not annoy you with their "PTSD" crap :lol: . Fuck off.


LOL


Sometimes you have nice coherent responses and at other times you come up with Dr. Lee SJW stuff. I don't mean this as an insult.
I suspect you are avoiding the theme of embracing the noble victim role and racial PTSD.

Am Psychol
. 2019 Jan;74(1):101-116. doi: 10.1037/amp0000339.
Posttraumatic stress disorder in African American and Latinx adults: Clinical course and the role of racial and ethnic discrimination
Nicholas J Sibrava 1, Andri S Bjornsson 2, A Carlos I Pérez Benítez 3, Ethan Moitra 4, Risa B Weisberg 5, Martin B Keller 4
Affiliations expand
PMID: 30652903 PMCID: PMC6338337 DOI: 10.1037/amp0000339
Free PMC article
Abstract
Research has suggested that African American and Latinx adults may develop posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) at higher rates than White adults, and that the clinical course of PTSD in these minority groups is poor. Factors that may contribute to higher prevalence and poorer outcome in these groups are sociocultural factors and racial stressors, such as experiences with discrimination. To date, however, no research has explored the relationship between experiences with discrimination and risk for PTSD, and very little research has examined the course of illness for PTSD in African American and Latinx samples. The present study examined these variables in the only longitudinal clinical sample of 139 Latinx and 152 African American adults with anxiety disorders, the Harvard/Brown Anxiety Research Project-Phase II. Over 5 years of follow-up, remission rates for African Americans and Latinx adults with PTSD in this sample were 0.35 and 0.15, respectively, and reported frequency of experiences with discrimination significantly predicted PTSD diagnostic status in this sample, but did not predict any other anxiety or mood disorder. These findings demonstrate the chronic course of PTSD in African American and Latinx adults, and highlight the important role that racial and ethnic discrimination may play in the development of PTSD among these populations. Implications for an increased focus on these sociocultural stressors in the assessment and treatment of PTSD in African American and Latinx individuals are discussed. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2019 APA, all rights reserved).

The Link Between Racism and PTSD
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... m-and-ptsd
User avatar
By XogGyux
#15110727
Its like trying to talk to a dumb deaf wall in the middle of a rock concert that is using noise-canceling headphones.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15110728
Drlee wrote:
I was in the outpatient clinic the other day with an internist friend who is from Guatemala. (By the way of John's Hopkins and Cornell.) As we walked through the lobby, both in scrubs, a lady shouted please help me. My friend turned and asked her if he could help and she indignantly said, "I was talking to the doctor." We had a good laugh but I know it offended him. It offended me.



An anecdote to promote the concept of victimhood.


Is that what you got out of that? No surprise there. That is why I accuse the right of shallowness.

Victimhood? Who would that be? My friend? He is a respected and wealthy doctor. A doctor's doctor. I know a great many people who would like to be victimized to the tune of a couple of hundred thousand a year. No son. If you want to label someone the victim it is that woman. She is the victim of her own ignorance and racism. She is the one whose life is negatively influenced by her lack of intelligence or, worse, her anger and insecurity.

But if you want to talk about victims then there are plenty of them to go around. Your preposterous assertion that "they" have it better than ever before, on the very day that we have an obvious racist in the White House, is proof.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15110737
XogGyux wrote:Its like trying to talk to a dumb deaf wall in the middle of a rock concert that is using noise-canceling headphones.


You have done this before. This is your MO.
I will not press the issue.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15110740
Drlee wrote:Is that what you got out of that? No surprise there. That is why I accuse the right of shallowness.

Victimhood? Who would that be? My friend? He is a respected and wealthy doctor. A doctor's doctor. I know a great many people who would like to be victimized to the tune of a couple of hundred thousand a year. No son. If you want to label someone the victim it is that woman. She is the victim of her own ignorance and racism. She is the one whose life is negatively influenced by her lack of intelligence or, worse, her anger and insecurity.

But if you want to talk about victims then there are plenty of them to go around. Your preposterous assertion that "they" have it better than ever before, on the very day that we have an obvious racist in the White House, is proof.


Here you go:

Watch this video by a guy who grew up a 1000 times more woke than you:
User avatar
By Drlee
#15110749
I would not watch a video you posted unless you can personally guarantee that it includes the Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders naked.

Grow up troll.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15110750
Drlee wrote:I would not watch a video you posted unless you can personally guarantee that it includes the Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders naked.

Grow up troll.

Translation:
I like my echo chamber and I am not confident enough to evaluate another point of view.
No problem!
User avatar
By Drlee
#15110758
Translation:
I like my echo chamber and I am not confident enough to evaluate another point of view.
No problem!


I evaluated the views of unrepentant racists long before you were born. And I rejected them as ignorant at best and willful stupidity usually.
User avatar
By Hindsite
#15110766
Drlee wrote:I would not watch a video you posted unless you can personally guarantee that it includes the Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders naked.

Grow up troll.

Actually, to me, you act and sound like a child that thinks he has grown up.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15110998
Hindsite wrote:Actually, to me, you act and sound like a child that thinks he has grown up.

Getting back on topic i hear from a reliable source that one of Joe's testicles hangs lower than the other .......... Not presidential .... to say the least :eek: .
User avatar
By Drlee
#15111003
At least he has a pair.
User avatar
By Wulfschilde
#15111653
Joe Biden has suggested that him having to take a cognitive fitness test is akin to people getting tested for cocaine before being given a job. Normal people's reactions:
Image
User avatar
By Drlee
#15111683
Give us a source for that young man.
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15111725
Drlee wrote:Give us a source for that young man.

Biden hits back at [BLACK] reporter asking if he took a cognitive test: ‘Are you a junkie?’
Biden gets involved in hubbub over cognitive testing: ‘Why the hell would I take a test? Come on, man’

Biden isn't going to debate, because Trump would wipe the floor with him on a single matter other than the issues: Biden's dementia is progressing rapidly.
User avatar
By XogGyux
#15111728
blackjack21 wrote:Biden hits back at [BLACK] reporter asking if he took a cognitive test: ‘Are you a junkie?’
Biden gets involved in hubbub over cognitive testing: ‘Why the hell would I take a test? Come on, man’

Biden isn't going to debate, because Trump would wipe the floor with him on a single matter other than the issues: Biden's dementia is progressing rapidly.


Rofl, Trump can barely survive an interview by his owns stooges on FOX and friends or Hannity. There was never going to be a debate, we would either have the shit throwing monkey that Trump is, or nothing. I for one have enough Trump to last me the next few hundred year, don't need a single second of this imbecile talking nonsense.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15111733
XogGyux wrote:Rofl, Trump can barely survive an interview by his owns stooges on FOX and friends or Hannity. There was never going to be a debate, we would either have the shit throwing monkey that Trump is, or nothing. I for one have enough Trump to last me the next few hundred year, don't need a single second of this imbecile talking nonsense.


Freud called the above rationalization.
User avatar
By XogGyux
#15111734
Julian658 wrote:Freud called the above rationalization.

How about you deal with the psychiatrists' warnings about your Idol Trump before you try to google-diagnose people over the internet?
https://www.businessinsider.com/psychia ... ng-2019-12

We are speaking out at this time because we are convinced that, as the time of possible impeachment approaches, Donald Trump has the real potential to become ever more dangerous, a threat to the safety of our nation

Shortly after that, he fails with a pandemic, he fails with mass protests, he makes the police attack protesters in Washington, he sends secret police to portland, he taunts postponing the elections, he makes a rally in Tulsa that skyrocketed their coronavirus cases and might have lead to the death one of his very rare Black supporters...
The predictive capacity of a theory is one of the most important features in its favor. I think these doctors were spot on.
User avatar
By blackjack21
#15111736
XogGyux wrote:Rofl, Trump can barely survive an interview by his owns stooges on FOX and friends or Hannity.

At least Trump talks to the press every day. Biden talks to them every two weeks at best, and flubs it each time.

XogGyux wrote:There was never going to be a debate, we would either have the shit throwing monkey that Trump is, or nothing.

Well, if Biden is so good, then the contrast should help him.

MAGA :rockon:
User avatar
By XogGyux
#15111737
blackjack21 wrote:At least Trump talks to the press every day. Biden talks to them every two weeks at best, and flubs it each time.

That sounds like a smart strategy to me. If you know you have a propensity to quickly slur out disparate non-sense, it is better if you stay out of the spotlight. Trump should take notes on that.

Well, if Biden is so good, then the contrast should help him.

As if we didn't know these two guys plenty to need even more hours of nonsense.
MAGA :rockon:

Thats the one thing I agree with you.
America was pretty great before trump, lets make it great again. :lol:
User avatar
By Drlee
#15111740
Biden isn't going to debate, because Trump would wipe the floor with him on a single matter other than the issues: Biden's dementia is progressing rapidly.


:lol: :lol:

Right.

Blackjack is on a trolling roll tonight. Actually Biden would make mincemeat of Trump. But Biden should refuse to debate until Trump releases his tax records. You know. Like he promised to do several time before going to court to keep from having to do it.

Well. The New York prosecutor has the records now from DB. Wouldn't it be fun if they indicted him in October? They no doubt could on bank fraud alone. They don't even need a conviction. Trump would flee to Russia anyway. In fact, my guess is that if he is not reelected he will do that anyway rather than go to jail.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 10

Well firstly, it's a very lose definition you're […]

You talking to yourself now? more like farting […]

Trump's Taxes Revealed Finally

I wonder if Trump really is donating his salary. […]

End of maduro - hopefully.

Didn't know Venezuela had this in their constitut[…]