Blast in Beirut, Lebanon - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Rich wrote:The oldest hatred is the hatred of the Jews for the Gentiles. This goes back to the genocide of the Canaanites. People tend to object to being genocided. Blaming the Gentiles for their historic antipathy towards Jews is like blaming the Blacks of the Haiti revolution or the Nat Turner for their antipathy towards racial-Europeans people. At certain stage in their history Jews policy of genocidal expansion was no longer possible. But Jews took their extreme racist attitudes into the diaspora.

Jews historically operated a form of Apartheid in the exact same way that Southern American racists practised Apartheid when forced to give up slavery. Jewish supremacists and Cultural Marxists are trying to gas light us into thinking that Jews separation was some sort of accidental by product of their religiosity, when the whole point of the strict religious laws is to create separation and stop tribal / racial mixing.

During the Middle Ages ruling elites often used Jews as middle men, because of their racist contempt for ordinary poor gentiles and the fact that the Jews were not a threat to usurp them. Everyone else had no choice in their religious beliefs. Jews were privileged in Medieval Europe in being able to choose their religious beliefs. Its hardly surprising that ordinary people felt resentment towards Jews. People whine on about the unfair treatment of the Jews in the Middle Ages. Yeah right! :roll: Try practising Odinism or Wicca in Middle Ages Europe and see how long you last. Christian Europe was a totalitarian regime where even the King didn't have the human right to freely choose his religion.

And then there's the whining about Jews' treatment in the Roman Empire. Jews were privileged in the Roman Empire being exempted from the normal requirements of Emperor worship. The whole religion of Christianity is founded on the attempt by Christians to claim the privileges given by the Roman authorites to the Jews. When the Jews rose up, they were brutally put down. Yeah and so, I don't remember the Romans offering much in the way of human rights to the Carthaginians or the Gauls. The Romans gave exactly the same brutal treatment to Gentile uprisings. Yet Jewish supremacists whine on about their treatment in past times as if they are the innocents of history.

Eat a Dick you Nazi fuck
Oxymoron wrote:
Participation by countries that couldn't rescue a cat from a tree :lol:

Hmmmm, why so *dismissive* -- ?

Isn't it a *positive* step, geopolitically, for U.S.-sanctioned, 'out-faction' nations to cooperate with each other, similarly to the '70s non-aligned countries?

Spoiler: show
The Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) is a forum of 120 developing world states that are not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc. After the United Nations, it is the largest grouping of states worldwide.[2][5]

Drawing on the principles agreed at the Bandung Conference in 1955, the Non-Aligned Movement was established in 1961 in Belgrade, SR Serbia, Yugoslavia through an initiative of the Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, Ghanaian President Kwame Nkrumah, Indonesian President Sukarno, Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser and Yugoslav President Josip Broz Tito.[6][7] This led to the first Conference of Heads of State or Governments of Non-Aligned Countries.[8] The term non-aligned movement first appears in the fifth conference in 1976, where participating countries are denoted as "members of the movement".

The purpose of the organization was enumerated by Fidel Castro in his Havana Declaration of 1979 as to ensure "the national independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity and security of non-aligned countries" in their "struggle against imperialism, colonialism, neo-colonialism, racism, and all forms of foreign aggression, occupation, domination, interference or hegemony as well as against great power and bloc politics."[9][10] The countries of the Non-Aligned Movement represent nearly two-thirds of the United Nations' members and contain 55% of the world population. Membership is particularly concentrated in countries considered to be developing or part of the Third World, though the Non-Aligned Movement also has a number of developed nations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Aligned_Movement

---

Oxymoron wrote:
Without citizenship, Palestinians in Lebanon do not have Lebanese identity cards, which also entitles the holder to health, education and other government services. To receive health, education and other social services, Palestinian refugees are obligated to live in the twelve refugee camps in Lebanon set up by UNRWA. According to Human Rights Watch, Palestinian refugees in Lebanon live in "appalling social and economic conditions." Non-citizen Palestinians are also legally barred from owning property and barred from entering a list of desirable occupations.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestini ... ccupations.

On 8 January 2015, Egypt's expansion resulted in the destruction of about 1,220 homes,[22] while destroying more than 1,600 tunnels.[23] Some tunnels discovered ranged over 1 kilometer long and contained lighting, ventilation and phone systems.[24] The total cost of this phase of the buffer zone is expected to cost $70 million.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza%E2%80%93Egypt_border

just a small sampling

Okay, thanks -- noted.

Oxymoron wrote:Israel who has one of the best emergency recovery services in the world offered help, so far not accepted.

Lebanon and Israel are still at war. The latter threatened the former for the thousandth time just hours before this explosion took place. Israel has bombed Lebanon recently and has been attacking it constantly for years and threatening it with a new war every other day. Members of the Knesset have been publicly celebrating what took place in Lebanon this week. Of course the Lebanese don't want anything to do with Israel, not to mention, who trusts a racist and violent state that's daily oppressing millions in the land it controls; if they were serious about humanitarianism they could start with applying it at home.

I hope death roll is as suggested and does not go higher, what an insane explosion.

How odd, you were celebrating it when you first heard about it in TLTE. I wonder what changed.
Judging from the debates here from people who are familiar with the Middle East, we can see that the Middle East is still a crazy place and has not lost any share of their lunatics.
Politics_Observer wrote:Judging from the debates here from people who are familiar with the Middle East, we can see that the Middle East is still a crazy place and has not lost any share of their lunatics.

The Middle East is representative of the world, just only more so. We Americans willfully blind ourselves to that reality because it runs counter to our common American narrative about life that most hold, ''conservatives'' and ''liberals'' alike.
skinster wrote:

How odd, you were celebrating it when you first heard about it in TLTE. I wonder what changed.

I thought it was a strike on a military complex housing weapons against Israel. I did not watch the actual video when I posted that.
When I found out what happened and it was mostly civilians who got killed, I changed my mind about the celebrating.
ckaihatsu wrote:Hmmmm, why so *dismissive* -- ?

Isn't it a *positive* step, geopolitically, for U.S.-sanctioned, 'out-faction' nations to cooperate with each other, similarly to the '70s non-aligned countries?

Russia and Iraq and Iran are not well know for their rescue operations ability. Israel is very well respected in this area.
Oxymoron wrote:
Russia and Iraq and Iran are not well know for their rescue operations ability. Israel is very well respected in this area.

Why are you so *insistent* on this point? Are you a Zionist?

Why aren't you calling for Lebanese *self-determination* on this, and all other issues that are pertinent to Lebanon?

And, what about *this* overarching reality:

skinster wrote:
Lebanon and Israel are still at war. The latter threatened the former for the thousandth time just hours before this explosion took place. Israel has bombed Lebanon recently and has been attacking it constantly for years and threatening it with a new war every other day. Members of the Knesset have been publicly celebrating what took place in Lebanon this week. Of course the Lebanese don't want anything to do with Israel, not to mention, who trusts a racist and violent state that's daily oppressing millions in the land it controls; if they were serious about humanitarianism they could start with applying it at home.
ingliz wrote:Just musing...

But another thing I found odd was that none of the 'fireworks' had lifting charges. Usually, when a fireworks warehouse goes up, there's shit flying everywhere.

It's very strange.

This dude has speculated that it could be munitions ‘cooking off’...whatever that means :|

ness31 wrote:This dude has speculated that it could be munitions ‘cooking off’...whatever that means :|

Apparently the port was under "control" of Hesbollah. This is one of the way that they are making money from racketeering of some sort. So it is not that unusual for their being semi-explosives being stored in a business that belongs to the hesbollah.
JohnRawls wrote:
Apparently the port was under "control" of Hesbollah. This is one of the way that they are making money from racketeering of some sort. So it is not that unusual for their being semi-explosives being stored in a business that belongs to the hesbollah.

MV Rhosus

Main article: MV Rhosus

Beirutnorth.jpg1

1 The explosion occurred behind the grain elevator in this view.

On 23 September 2013, the Moldovan-flagged cargo ship MV Rhosus, owned by Russian businessman Igor Grechushkin, set sail from Batumi, Georgia, to Beira, Mozambique, carrying 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate fertilizer.[8][9] In October, it was forced to port in Beirut with engine problems.[10][11] After inspection by port state control, the Rhosus was found unseaworthy, and it was forbidden to set sail.[11][10] Eight Ukrainians and one Russian were aboard,[a] and with the help of a Ukrainian consul, five Ukrainians were repatriated,[when?] leaving four crew members to take care of the ship.[13][b]

The owner of the Rhosus, the Cyprus-based Russian businessman Igor Grechushkin, went bankrupt,[c] and after the charterers lost interest in the cargo, the owner abandoned the ship.[13] The Rhosus then quickly ran out of provisions, while the crew were unable to disembark because of immigration restrictions.[8] Creditors also obtained three arrest warrants against the ship.[13][8] Lawyers argued for the crew's repatriation on compassionate grounds, because of the danger posed by the cargo still aboard the ship, and an Urgent Matters judge in Beirut allowed them to return home after having been stuck aboard the ship for about a year.[8][13] By order of the judge, the dangerous cargo was brought ashore in 2014 and placed in Hangar 12 at the port,[14] where it remained for the next six years.[8][9][11][15]

Various customs officials had sent letters to judges requesting a resolution to the issue of the confiscated cargo, proposing that the ammonium nitrate either be exported, given to the army, or sold to the private Lebanese Explosives Company.[d][9] Letters had been sent on 27 June and 5 December 2014, 6 May 2015, 20 May and 13 October 2016, and 27 October 2017.[9] One of the letters sent in 2016 noted that judges had not replied to previous requests, and "pleaded":[9]

In view of the serious danger of keeping these goods in the hangar in unsuitable climatic conditions, we reaffirm our request to please request the marine agency to re-export these goods immediately to preserve the safety of the port and those working in it, or to look into agreeing to sell this amount ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Beir ... #MV_Rhosus
ckaihatsu wrote:text

Yeah i know that side of the story also that around 2013-2014 the ship was abandoned in the port with that cargo by some Russian dude that lives on Cyprus.
wat0n wrote:
Why is it that Marxists constantly need to project their own genocidal racism onto others? Why is it that such irrational hatred of Jews is so common among them anyway?

viewtopic.php?p=15111678#p15111678

---

wat0n wrote:
Saying "Jews follow the religion of hucksterism" is not prejudiced at all, heh? This is unironically what happens to your brain when you get into the Marxian dogma.

viewtopic.php?p=15111687#p15111687

Here's for *contrast*, and context:

The fascist attacks in Erfurt are part of a wave of right-wing extremist and anti-Semitic violence. These have increased considerably in Germany. Even the federal Interior Minister, Horst Seehofer, had to admit this when he spoke of a “long trail of blood” in May, when presenting the police crime statistics, which leads from the actions of the neo-fascist NSU, responsible for a series of xenophobic murders, to the attacks in Munich, Halle and Hanau, to the murder of Kassel’s district president Walter Lübcke. Seehofer said, “The greatest threat in our country comes from the right.”

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/0 ... i-a06.html
By wat0n
@ckaihatsu yes, fascists are even worse as far as anti-Semitism goes. Nothing new under the sun.

Now, going back to Lebanon, they've been arresting the people who were in charge of managing the port. How is it that they forgot about the ammonium nitrate that was abandoned there for six years?
Has anyone else seen that footage claiming to be from the explosion in Lebanon, but then you see a missile making impact? Its been changed to a weird infrared type hue.

Anyone seen it?
ness31 wrote:Has anyone else seen that footage

"If it were less amateurish, we could identify the actual missile type, estimate the reentry trajectory and speed, as well as look for digital artifacts. But this isn’t good enough to bother with. This is more derp fake than deep fake"

— Jeffrey Lewis, a missile expert at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies in Monterey, California

obviously fake.

— Hany Farid, professor at the University of California, Berkeley, who focuses on digital forensics

@JohnRawls

The immediate reaction to the blast from those on the ground in Beirut...

"My phone started ringing. The immediate suspicion was that Israel had staged an air strike against a consignment of weaponry destined for the Iran-backed Hezbollah that was being stored in—or transferred from—Beirut port [...] The phone lines buzzed with reports of people hearing Israeli jets and drones over Beirut shortly before the blast. But residents of Beirut—and Lebanon as a whole—hear the sound of Israeli jets and drones on a daily basis."

— Nicholas Blanford, who was in the hills above Beirut at the time of the blast, a senior fellow with the Scowcroft Middle East Security Initiative
Last edited by ingliz on 07 Aug 2020 11:44, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, it was always going to be fake. But it was quite annoying when I wanted to see it again and I couldn’t find it anywhere on YouTube. I’d have thought it would be all over YouTube. So if they’re taking it down to counter false information, it isn’t helping. I don’t need a nanny to tell me what to believe.
@ingliz

Yeah and that just an outcome of anti-israel and anti-semitic beliefs. In case of Lebanon, i can understand it at least because there are conflicts between Lebanon and Israel. In your case or in skinsters case that i can't understand. Also if you haven't noticed but the officials in Lebanon are not blaming Israel nor have they at any point that i am aware of. Considering Israel is a easy scapegoat and they are not doing it then it is not Israel. I can't believe that i need to spell this out to you.

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong???[…]

Sure, but they are too stupid to understand, Trum[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]

@annatar1914 do not despair. Again, el amor pu[…]