Planet of the Humans, Jeff Gibbs and Michael Moore expose the Renewables scam. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I created my plan for fighting ACC aka AGW. It was to have the US do a WWII like building program to make factories to make solar panels and give them away with a 'lend lease' like plan. Also, to buy all the solar panels others make at cost + 5% and give them away too. The receiving nation might pay for shipping.

Now, I've watched this film, and I'm not so sure. It seems solar panels are not made from sand, but from quartz that is mined using CO2 creating tools and explosives, and it's melted with natural gas.

The film exposed to folly of burning trees and calling it carbon neutral. We do it because it is profitable because of subsidies.

I also suggested that we build special ships or make giant catamarans out of 2 existing ships. These Catamarans would be necessary because the ship has a very tall "smokestack" that doesn't vent smoke. Instead it pumps sea water very high up and vaporizes it. The intent is to create clouds over the Arctic Ocean to shade it in the summer. The very tall "cloud-venting-stacks" would require a very wide base so the ship doesn't capsize. Obviously, only Gov. or billionaires can do this.

We are fucked.!

Reformed climate activist condemns ‘terrorising school children’ with false science

Former climate activist Michael Shellenberger has condemned alarmists for “terrorising school children” with false claims that the world is about to end.

The life-long environmentalist has given Sky News host Chris Kenny a lengthy interview about his decision to speak out against the alarmist rhetoric which he says is creating anxiety in young people.

“I have a 14-year-old daughter and she is fine because I’ve explained the science to her (but) her friends are very alarmed,” he said.

“Adolescents these days have a lot to worry about, anxiety and depression are rising among everyone really, certainly adolescents, and I thought it was not right to be terrorising school children and giving them false information.”

Shellenberger - who has been invited to be an expert reviewer to the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - maintains that climate change is occurring but says it is not a “catastrophic threat”.

He says the science has been hijacked by a “handful” of activist scientists who are spreading “science fiction”.

“The majority of scientists are not activists, there are actually only a handful of scientists who feel the need to terrify people,” he said.

“I don’t think this is really that complicated, we need to lift everybody out of poverty, and we need to do our best to preserve natural places and things have just spiralled out of control.

“This climate change thing has just got too crazy.”

Shellenberger said he had noticed a “dark tradition” of anti-human rhetoric spilling from climate change activists, including views that humans were a “cancer” or a virus.

In the second half of the interview – which will air on Sky News Australia on the Kenny Report at 5pm on Thursday night – Shellenberger also weighs into whether climate change was a significant cause of the Australian bushfires.

“Yes there is evidence of that,” he said.

“However, It is massively outweighed by two factors; the accumulation of wood fuel in the forests and the development of new houses near forests.

“Is there some contributing role of climate change? Yes. Is it very significant? No”.

'Climate Change Is Real, But It's Not the End of the World:' Michael Shellenberger

If there's one consistent message coming from activists and politicians pushing the Green New Deal and massive new subsidies for renewable energy it's that if we don't take radical action now, life on Earth as we know it will soon be irreversibly destroyed. Greta Thunberg, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D–N.Y.), and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden all have claimed that we have less than a dozen years left in which to save the planet.

The findings of the scientists studying global warming don't support such alarmist claims, according to the new book Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All. Author Michael Shellenberger argues that deforestation and deaths from extreme weather are actually declining, and concerns about environmental damage from plastics are fundamentally misplaced.

Shellenberger, who began his career as an advocate for more government spending on wind and solar, was eventually disillusioned after witnessing the failure of subsidies to fix the inherent drawbacks of renewables. Named a "Hero of the Environment" by Time magazine in 2008, he is an "expert reviewer" for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, whose 2018 report has been widely misinterpreted as saying we had just 12 years to stave off catastrophic climate change. Shellenberger also appeared in the 2013 documentary Pandora's Promise, which was shown at Sundance, and featured several prominent environmentalists who have come around to the virtues of nuclear power.

Nick Gillespie interviewed Shellenberger over Zoom about Apocalypse Never and why he believes that environmentalism has become a replacement for religion in an increasingly secular world.
We live in an era of fake news.

My facts are your fake news.
Your facts are my fake news.

I have decided that you are wrong. A few "reformed" so-called climate scientists can be just new sell-outs who took the money from the-powers-that-be because they believe it is too late anyway. So, it can be fake news.
I have no way of finding the facts about why a person seems to have changed their mind.
Steve_American wrote:We live in an era of fake news.

My facts are your fake news.
Your facts are my fake news.

I have decided that you are wrong. A few "reformed" so-called climate scientists can be just new sell-outs who took the money from the-powers-that-be because they believe it is too late anyway. So, it can be fake news.
I have no way of finding the facts about why a person seems to have changed their mind.

I'm intererested to know which facts you are talking about.

What concerns me is the use of opinion as if it was fact.

Just because Shellenberger and Nordhaus say something is true does not make it true.

One thing is true, there is no something for nothing. All solutions to global warming have their own environmental cost and it's a case of working towards the least damaging.

It seems solar panels are not made from sand, but from quartz that is mined using CO2 creating tools and explosives, and it's melted with natural gas.

True, but the CO2 they offset whilst operating massively exceeds production and there are elements of this that can be made green over time by replacing fossil fuel with biogas and electricity from a greener grid.

The film exposed to folly of burning trees and calling it carbon neutral

True and most environmentalists are opposed to the export of biomass, it should come from local naturally managed forests and agricultural waste.

Then there is this

https://www.anl.gov/article/turning-car ... iquid-fuel

A circular solution that captures the CO2 you generate and converts it to fuel.
Steve_American wrote:@BeesKnee5,
The film said that solar panels are only good for about 20-30 years. Thn they need tobe replaced and maybe recycled.

So, you think solar panels are worth it.

Then why don't you say something about my plan to flood the world with them?

Yes,
Doesn't matter what infrastructure you choose, it all needs replacing after a few decades or it becomes too worn to work efficently.

You name it Solar, Gas, Coal, Nuclear, Wind. Difference with Solar and Wind is you don't have to also feed them fuel.

Recycling is a must and we have no choice but to improve or we will waste what resources we have .
https://www.greenmatch.co.uk/blog/2017/ ... -recycling

However the film is based on footage taken in 2012 and is therefore badly out of date. The solar panels they show have now been replaced with newer more efficient panels. The solar farm they showed as abandoned was actually in the middle of being re-powered and you can go on google maps and see it.

Any plans you or I have are irrelevant, we are not in control of how our power is obtained. The trends I see are to combine renewable sources and wider connections to support them. Floating solar on hydro power reservoirs with wind supporting pumped hydro. Increased virtual power plants and the beginnings of medium term storage from flow batteries and compressed air.

The actual argument (that the definition is being […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Europe being a "tool" in all this is ju[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

...Inane nonsense seeking to derail the topic... […]

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/171886694534[…]