Hello from Greece! - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Please introduce yourself here.
By Suska
i sense a subtle mind, very welcome sir.

PoFo would not be very fun without the Humanities, If what you want is tidiness, I suggest that you asking for monotony. People are what they make themselves, is it really such a wonder that they want to be different? All the social sciences observe invented and dynamic behaviors - you can find anything you want if you look far enough into something thats wholly imagined in the first place. The question here is what do you want from life, naturally its easier to talk about how to make it happen, but how banal.

how do you feel about Brits swiping chunks of the Acropolis? Personally I've always thought we have the means to create new and equally sacred monuments so while bothering about ancestral artifacts - its a waste of time, why cant we make cool stuff like that anymore?
By Abood
Architecture these days sucks. People in a couple of thousands years' time will have nothing to preserve.

"Oh, let's preserve this 3,000-year-old building that looks like a failed remake of a 6,000-year-old-building."
By Emlou
Just a note, Libertarians tend to be condescending, because they believe that if you don't believe in the Holy Free Market, you must be unenlightened and thus ignorant. Ignoring them is your best deal.

lol

What is your first language?

English french, greek since 7

I dont understand why the science debate is so great here. There are pure sciences (math, physics, etc) that are verifiable or try to be at least. They all have in common the use of the scientific method (hypothesis, experiment, verification, or something like that, cant remember).
Then there are social sciences, that try to apply this scientific method, and especially scientific tools such as statistics, methodical data gathering etc, to human behaviour. Human behaviour not always being verifiable, social sciences are not always as scientifically accurate, that is not as predictable (if you boil water, itll steam whatever happens, people have tended to react strong to extreme oppression, however doesnt mean there arent exceptions), and are often very dependent on circumstances ( as are pure sciences, except that human circumstances change in a less predictable manner).

The chimp question: https://www.newsweek.com/coul[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]