Blast in Beirut, Lebanon - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

You guys are off-topic.

JohnRawls wrote:@skinster Again, as a true anti-semite, you are posting just propaganda. Where are the evidence? Does it way on your consciounce that you are partially responsible for this? People like you were storing the chemicals in that warehouse to fight Israel i suppose. When it actually caused severe pain to the people you "promised" to protect. Was all that a lie?

Spare me your crocodile tears.
skinster wrote:You guys are off-topic.

Stop slandering other posters. In any case, I see you spamming threads with not necessarily relavant and often one-sided "information" more off-topic and boring.
we are past that stage where all sorts of suspicions arise. We have more information, we have more footage and we also have the position of the Lebanese.

Speak for yourself.

What incontrovertible footage have you seen that settles it all for you? What information? And why would I believe corrupt Lebanese officials that allowed it in the first place?

So far we have a Russian ship that went on a one way trip to Lebanon. This would have been known to all and sundry in the intelligence world.
And after 6 or 7 years without incident, a nuclear type explosion occurs killing only about 157 people.

Forgive me, but have I missed what has been determined as the initial cause of the fire?
By wat0n
ness31 wrote:Speak for yourself.

What incontrovertible footage have you seen that settles it all for you? What information? And why would I believe corrupt Lebanese officials that allowed it in the first place?

So far we have a Russian ship that went on a one way trip to Lebanon. This would have been known to all and sundry in the intelligence world.
And after 6 or 7 years without incident, a nuclear type explosion occurs killing only about 157 people.

Forgive me, but have I missed what has been determined as the initial cause of the fire?

Fair point, the inquiry is still going on. But the two latest hypotheses are that the fire was started by workers who were making repairs to the hangar where this all started:

The National wrote:...

Local TV station LBCI said that workers welding a door at the warehouse on Tuesday started a fire that ignited the chemicals, according to people who attended a Higher Defence Council briefing after the blast.

And it seems the hangar had stored fireworks in the past:

The Guardian wrote:Beirut explosion: former port worker says fireworks stored in hangar

Angry Lebanese plan major protest on Saturday, one day before team investigating explosion reports to cabinet

Dozens of bags of fireworks were stored in the same hangar as thousands of tonnes of ammonium nitrate at Beirut’s port and may have been a decisive factor in igniting the explosive chemical compound that fuelled Tuesday’s huge explosion, a former port worker and other sources have told the Guardian.

As angry Lebanese plan a major protest in central Beirut on Saturday, scrutiny has focused on how 2,750 tonnes of the dangerous material could have been stored so close to residential neighbourhoods for years – despite repeated warnings of the risk it posed.

A former port worker, Yusuf Shehadi, told the Guardian he had been instructed by the Lebanese military to house the chemicals in warehouse 12 at the port despite repeated protests by other government departments.

“We complained a lot about this over the years,” said Shehadi, who worked at the port until emigrating to Canada in March this year. “Every week, the customs people came and complained and so did the state security officers. The army kept telling them they had no other place to put this. Everyone wanted to be the boss, and no one wanted to make a real decision.”

In addition, the hangar housed a quantity of fireworks, Shehadi said, which customs had confiscated in about 2009-10 and which he said he had personally seen delivered on a forklift. “There were 30 to 40 nylon bags of fireworks inside warehouse 12,” he said.

“They were on the left-hand side when you entered the door. I used to complain about this. It wasn’t safe. There was also humidity there. This was a disaster waiting to happen. The port workers did not put the chemicals there in the first place. That outrage rests with the government.”

A second source has confirmed the fireworks’ presence, which was also the subject of media reports in Lebanon on Friday.

The emerging new picture of the circumstances that led to the blast comes as investigators and media organisations continue to try to piece together the cause of the fire and subsequent blast.

The claim that fireworks were being stored in the same warehouse as the ammonium nitrate appears to be confirmed by phone footage, apparently filmed by a port worker from the roof of the grain silos that overlooked the seat of the biggest blast – now a 150-metre-wide crater of seawater.

In the brief section of footage posted on social media, a long warehouse – running parallel to the grain silo and separated by a road – is visible, with smoke coming out of the windows on its west side and from the roof.

Geotagging by the investigative website Bellingcat and the Guardian, and comparison of features, strongly suggests that this warehouse is located at the very centre of the devastating blast –locating the initial fire and subsequent explosions in the same area of warehousing.

As the person on the silo roof films the north end of the warehouse from their vantage point, the smoke thickens and then a dozen or so white flashes can be seen occurring in rapid succession inside, triggering thicker red flames that quickly spread southwards before detonating a major explosion in the building within seconds that causes the person filming to duck for cover.

Shehadi said he had spoken to former colleagues at the port who said workers were attempting to fix a gate outside warehouse 12 with an electrical tool ahead of the blast. “This was at 5pm, and after 30 minutes they saw smoke. Firefighters came, and so did state security. Everyone died.”

A video posted to social media depicted firefighters tackling a small blaze in a warehouse that resembled a port building. “It is my belief that this repair work led to this catastrophe,” Shehadi said.

The Lebanese investigation into the disaster is expected to report to the national cabinet by Sunday. Sixteen people linked to the port including its general manager have been placed under house arrest, but figures including the French president, Emmanuel Macron, have called for an independent international inquiry.

The country’s president, Michel Aoun, said the cause of the blast was still unclear and did not rule out the possibility of a hostile act. “The cause has not been determined yet,” Aoun said. “There is a possibility of external interference through a rocket or bomb or other act.”

The Lebanese Red Cross estimated that dozens of people could still be buried under debris from the blast, mostly port employees who worked in and around the hangar.

What I would like to know is where's the evidence that a military attack did this. Evidence is seemingly mounting that this whole thing was basically a huge time bomb, but where's the equivalent extra evidence of a strike?
Welding and fireworks *face palm* It defies belief :hmm:

Evidence is seemingly mounting that this whole thing was basically a huge time bomb

True. I just thought it unfair to paint Ingliz’s hypothetical as anti Semitic.
By Rich
ckaihatsu wrote:What you're talking about happened over 2000 years ago and is not relevant today.

I didn't bring Ancient history into the thread. I was responding to the Jewish supremacist lie, that hatred of Jews is the oldest hatred in the world. I notice this trick in politics where an ideological grouping or groupings will repeat a lie over and over and over again. And then when you focus on exposing their lie or lies, they say why are you obsessed about this. I first noticed this tactic with Christians. Christians love to lie to the ignorant, the last thing they want is someone hanging around and questioning their nonsense.

Note I have never, ever, ever attempted to conflate Jewish Supremacism with Cultural Marxism. I have never ever tried to conflate Jewish Supremacism with Marxism. But both groups have or at least have had a common interest in demonising mainstream racially European Culture, but for very different ends. Certain wiser more intelligent Zionists like Netanyahu are now starting to question the strategy of continually seeking to demonise racially European Gentiles. Of course its very easy to exaggerate one's self importance, but I can't help feeling that things I've been saying on the forum for some time are starting to find their way into the wider political discourse. I have a strong suspicion for example that Melanie Philipps has been picking up things I have been saying.
By wat0n
@ness31 that depends on whether skinster's coming from that place too.

Rich wrote:I didn't bring Ancient history into the thread. I was responding to the Jewish supremacist lie, that hatred of Jews is the oldest hatred in the world. I notice this trick in politics where an ideological grouping or groupings will repeat a lie over and over and over again. And then when you focus on exposing their lie or lies, they say why are you obsessed about this. I first noticed this tactic with Christians. Christians love to lie to the ignorant, the last thing they want is someone hanging around and questioning their nonsense.

Note I have never, ever, ever attempted to conflate Jewish Supremacism with Cultural Marxism. I have never ever tried to conflate Jewish Supremacism with Marxism. But both groups have or at least have had a common interest in demonising mainstream racially European Culture, but for very different ends. Certain wiser more intelligent Zionists like Netanyahu are now starting to question the strategy of continually seeking to demonise racially European Gentiles. Of course its very easy to exaggerate one's self importance, but I can't help feeling that things I've been saying on the forum for some time are starting to find their way into the wider political discourse. I have a strong suspicion for example that Melanie Philipps has been picking up things I have been saying.

Ok, we can leave it as the oldest remaining hatred if you want.
By Rich
wat0n wrote:Ok, we can leave it as the oldest remaining hatred if you want.

Its not the oldest remaining hatred, not even close. Misogyny and misandry have been around far, far longer. You could argue that its oldest remaining ethnic hatred, but that's only because Jews as an identifiable ethnic continuity have been around for longer than any identifiable ethnic-group. Russians have only been hated for six hundred years, but that's because Russia as an entity has only been around for six hundred years. The ancestors of the Russians suffered ethnic hatred without doubt, but they were hated as different ethnic groups and the poverty of the historical record means those hatreds are largely lost to history.

Hatred of the English has only been around for sixteen hundred years, but that's because the English as an ethnic group have only been around for that long. I read Mein Kampf and frankly I found nothing fundamentally different in Hitler's portrayal of the Jews to the Arthurian legends portrayal of the English. The only reason that Egypt doesn't out rank the Jews in terms of its victimhood is that Islamic Egypt is not considered to be the same identity group as Pharaonic Egypt. Where ethnic groups meet or share borders, there is hatred. There were Jewish minorities in numerous countries over millennia of course you're going to find lots of examples of hatred. Its like the Chinese, they seem to get every where in the East and consequently they were the victims of hatred everywhere.

Or take the Germans. That the Germans would be the fall guys for inter European ethnic hatred was entirely predictable. In 1870 the Germans shared land or and borders with the French, the Walloons, the Flemish, the Danish, the Poles, the Lithuanians, the Latvians, the Estonians, the Russians, the Urainians, the Tartars, the Romanians, the Hungarians, the Czechs, the Slovenes, the Croatians, the Italians and the Swiss.

And then there's the problem of the demonisation hatred. Demonisation of hated helps the established powers and the powerful. I don't think the Spartans hated the Helots, but you can be damn sure that most of the Helots hated the Spartans. I really don't think many slave owing Europeans hated Black Africans, but a lot of Black Africans hated racial Europeans. The Black-African Haitians genocided the Europeans, Black African slaves committed genocide in the one chance they really got. But the Europeans never really attempted to genocide the Black-Africans. 3 Million Indians died in the Bengal famine, but few British people if any hated the Bengalis.
Last edited by Rich on 09 Aug 2020 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Rich wrote:I have a strong suspicion for example that Melanie Philipps has been picking up things I have been saying.

Now that I can believe. :lol:
Yusuf Shehadi, a former port worker told the Guardian on Saturday that in 2010 he had been asked to store 30 to 40 large bags of fireworks in the same hangar in which the nitrate was later moved in 2014.

Guardian Link

This is just... Had the dock workers formed a suicide pact? Planning on starting the largest fireworks show in human history? Have the Israelis learned a new mind control technique? :eh:

Who profits from the Beirut blast?
Making the case that the explosion resulted from an attack

The narrative that the Beirut explosion was an exclusive consequence of negligence and corruption by the current Lebanese government is now set in stone, at least in the Atlanticist sphere.

And yet, digging deeper, we find that negligence and corruption may have been fully exploited, via sabotage, to engineer it.

Lebanon is prime John Le Carré territory. A multinational den of spies of all shades – House of Saud agents, Zionist operatives, “moderate rebel” weaponizers, Hezbollah intellectuals, debauched Arab “royalty,” self-glorified smugglers – in a context of full spectrum economic disaster afflicting a member of the Axis of Resistance, a perennial target of Israel alongside Syria and Iran.

As if this were not volcanic enough, into the tragedy stepped President Trump to muddy the – already contaminated – Eastern Mediterranean waters. Briefed by “our great generals,” Trump on Tuesday said: “According to them – they would know better than I would – but they seem to think it was an attack.”

Trump added, “it was a bomb of some kind.”

Was this incandescent remark letting the cat out of the bag by revealing classified information? Or was the President launching another non sequitur?

Trump eventually walked his comments back after the Pentagon declined to confirm his claim about what the “generals” had said and his defense secretary, Mark Esper, supported the accident explanation for the blast.

It’s yet another graphic illustration of the war engulfing the Beltway. Trump: attack. Pentagon: accident. “I don’t think anybody can say right now,” Trump said on Wednesday. “I’ve heard it both ways.”

Still, it’s worth noting a report by Iran’s Mehr News Agency that four US Navy reconnaissance planes were spotted near Beirut at the time of the blasts. Is US intel aware of what really happened all along the spectrum of possibilities?

That ammonium nitrate

Security at Beirut’s port – the nation’s prime economic hub – would have to be considered a top priority. But to adapt a line from Roman Polanski’s Chinatown: “Forget it, Jake. It’s Beirut.”

Those by now iconic 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate arrived in Beirut in September 2013 on board the Rhosus, a ship under Moldovan flag sailing from Batumi in Georgia to Mozambique. Rhosus ended up being impounded by Beirut’s Port State Control.

Subsequently the ship was de facto abandoned by its owner, shady businessman Igor Grechushkin, born in Russia and a resident of Cyprus, who suspiciously “lost interest” in his relatively precious cargo, not even trying to sell it, dumping style, to pay off his debts.

Grechushkin never paid his crew, who barely survived for several months before being repatriated on humanitarian grounds. The Cypriot government confirmed there was no request to Interpol from Lebanon to arrest him. The whole op feels like a cover – with the real recipients of the ammonium nitrate possibly being “moderate rebels” in Syria who use it to make IEDs and equip suicide trucks, such as the one that demolished the Al Kindi hospital in Aleppo.

The 2,750 tons – packed in 1-ton bags labeled “Nitroprill HD” – were transferred to the Hangar 12 warehouse by the quayside. What followed was an astonishing case of serial negligence.

From 2014 to 2017 letters from customs officials – a series of them – as well as proposed options to get rid of the dangerous cargo, exporting it or otherwise selling it, were simply ignored. Every time they tried to get a legal decision to dispose of the cargo, they got no answer from the Lebanese judiciary.

When Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab now proclaims, “Those responsible will pay the price,” context is absolutely essential.

Neither the prime minister nor the president nor any of the cabinet ministers knew that the ammonium nitrate was stored in Hangar 12, former Iranian diplomat Amir Mousavi, the director of the Center for Strategic Studies and International Relations in Tehran, confirms. We’re talking about a massive IED, placed mid-city.

The bureaucracy at Beirut’s port and the mafias who are actually in charge are closely linked to, among others, the al-Mostaqbal faction, which is led by former Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri, himself fully backed by the House of Saud.

The immensely corrupt Hariri was removed from power in October 2019 amid serious protests. His cronies “disappeared” at least $20 billion from Lebanon’s treasury – which seriously aggravated the nation’s currency crisis.

No wonder the current government – where we have Prime Minister Diab backed by Hezbollah – had not been informed about the ammonium nitrate.

Ammonium nitrate is quite stable, making it one of the safest explosives used in mining. Fire normally won’t set it off. It becomes highly explosive only if contaminated – for instance by oil – or heated to a point where it undergoes chemical changes that produce a sort of impermeable cocoon around it in which oxygen can build up to a dangerous level where an ignition can cause an explosion.

Why, after sleeping in Hangar 12 for seven years, did this pile suddenly feel an itch to explode?

So far, the prime straight to the point explanation, by Middle East expert Elijah Magnier, points to the tragedy being “sparked” – literally – by a clueless blacksmith with a blowtorch operating quite close to the unsecured ammonium nitrate. Unsecured due, once again, to negligence and corruption – or as part of an intentional “mistake” anticipating the possibility of a future blast.

This scenario, though, does not explain the initial “fireworks” explosion. And certainly does not explain what no one – at least in the West – is talking about: the deliberate fires set to an Iranian market in Ajam in the UAE, and also to a series of food/agricultural warehouses in Najaf, Iraq, immediately after the Beirut tragedy.

Follow the money

Lebanon – boasting assets and real estate worth trillions of dollars – is a juicy peach for global finance vultures. To grab these assets at rock bottom prices, in the middle of the New Great Depression, is simply irresistible. In parallel, the IMF vulture would embark on full shakedown mode and finally “forgive” some of Beirut’s debts as long as a harsh variation of “structural adjustment” is imposed.

Who profits, in this case, are the geopolitical and geoeconomic interests of US, Saudi Arabia and France. It’s no accident that President Macron, a dutiful Rothschild servant, arrived in Beirut Thursday to pledge Paris neocolonial “support” and all but impose, like a Viceroy, a comprehensive set of “reforms”. A Monty Python-infused dialogue, complete with heavy French accent, might have followed along these lines: “We want to buy your port.” “It’s not for sale.” “Oh, what a pity, an accident just happened.”

Already a month ago the IMF was “warning” that “implosion” in Lebanon was “accelerating.” Prime Minister Diab had to accept the proverbial “offer you can’t refuse” and thus “unlock billions of dollars in donor funds.” Or else. The non-stop run on the Lebanese currency, for over a year now, was just a – relatively polite – warning.

This is happening amid a massive global asset grab characterized in the larger context by American GDP down by almost 40%, arrays of bankruptcies, a handful of billionaires amassing unbelievable profits and too-big-to-fail megabanks duly bailed out with a tsunami of free money.

Dag Detter, a Swedish financier, and Nasser Saidi, a former Lebanese minister and central bank vice governor, suggest that the nation’s assets be placed in a national wealth fund. Juicy assets include Electricité du Liban (EDL), water utilities, airports, the MEA airline , telecom company OGERO, the Casino du Liban.

EDL, for instance, is responsible for 30% of Beirut’s budget deficit.

That’s not nearly enough for the IMF and Western mega banks. They want to gobble up the whole thing, plus a lot of real estate.

“The economic value of public real estate can be worth at least as much as GDP and often several times the value of the operational part of any portfolio,” say Detter and Saidi.

Who’s feeling the shockwaves?

Once again, Israel is the proverbial elephant in a room now widely depicted by Western corporate media as “Lebanon’s Chernobyl.”

A scenario like the Beirut catastrophe has been linked to Israeli plans since February 2016.

Israel did admit that Hangar 12 was not a Hezbollah weapons storage unit. Yet, crucially, on the same day of the Beirut blast, and following a series of suspicious explosions in Iran and high tension in the Syria-Israeli border, Prime Minister Netanyahu tweeted , in the present tense: “We hit a cell and now we hit the dispatchers. We will do what is necessary in order to defend ourselves. I suggest to all of them, including Hezbollah, to consider this.”

That ties in with the intent, openly proclaimed late last week, to bomb Lebanese infrastructure if Hezbollah harms Israeli Defense Forces soldiers or Israeli civilians.

A headline – “Beirut Blast Shockwaves Will Be Felt by Hezbollah for a Long Time” – confirms that the only thing that matters for Tel Aviv is to profit from the tragedy to demonize Hezbollah, and by association, Iran. That ties in with the US Congress “Countering Hezbollah in Lebanon’s Military Act of 2019” {S.1886}, which all but orders Beirut to expel Hezbollah from Lebanon.

And yet Israel has been strangely subdued.

Muddying the waters even more, Saudi intel – which has access to Mossad, and demonizes Hezbollah way more than Israel – steps in. All the intel ops I talked to refuse to go on the record, considering the extreme sensitivity of the subject.

Still, it must be stressed that a Saudi intel source whose stock in trade is frequent information exchanges with the Mossad, asserts that the original target was Hezbollah missiles stored in Beirut’s port. His story is that Prime Minister Netanyahu was about to take credit for the strike – following up on his tweet. But then the Mossad realized the op had turned horribly wrong and metastasized into a major catastrophe.

The problem starts with the fact this was not a Hezbollah weapons depot – as even Israel admitted. When weapons depots are blown up, there’s a primary explosion followed by several smaller explosions, something that could last for days. That’s not what happened in Beirut. The initial explosion was followed by a massive second blast – almost certainly a major chemical explosion – and then there was silence.

Thierry Meyssan, very close to Syrian intel, advances the possibility that the “attack” was carried out with an unknown weapon, a missile -– and not a nuclear bomb – tested in Syria in January 2020. (The test is shown in an attached video.) Neither Syria nor Iran ever made a reference to this unknown weapon, and I got no confirmation about its existence.

Assuming Beirut port was hit by an “unknown weapon,” President Trump may have told the truth: It was an “attack”. And that would explain why Netanyahu, contemplating the devastation in Beirut, decided that Israel would need to maintain a very low profile.

Watch that camel in motion

The Beirut explosion at first sight might be seen as a deadly blow against the Belt and Road Initiative, considering that China regards the connectivity between Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon as the cornerstone of the Southwest Asia Belt and Road corridor.

Yet that may backfire – badly. China and Iran are already positioning themselves as the go-to investors post-blast, in sharp contrast with the IMF hit men, and as advised by Hezbollah Secretary-General Nasrallah only a few weeks ago.

Syria and Iran are in the forefront of providing aid to Lebanon. Tehran is sending an emergency hospital, food packages, medicine and medical equipment. Syria opened its borders with Lebanon, dispatched medical teams and is receiving patients from Beirut’s hospitals.

It’s always important to keep in mind that the “attack” (Trump) on Beirut’s port destroyed Lebanon’s main grain silo, apart from engineering the total destruction of the port – the nation’s key trade lifeline.

That would fit into a strategy of starving Lebanon. On the same day Lebanon became to a great extent dependent on Syria for food – as it now carries only a month’s supply of wheat – the US attacked silos in Syria.

Syria is a huge exporter of organic wheat. And that’s why the US routinely targets Syrian silos and burns its crops – attempting also to starve Syria and force Damascus, already under harsh sanctions, to spend badly needed funds to buy food

In stark contrast to the interests of the US/France/Saudi axis, Plan A for Lebanon would be to progressively drop out of the US-France stranglehold and head straight into Belt and Road as well as the Shanghai Cooperation Organization. Go East, the Eurasian way. The port and even a great deal of the devastated city, in the medium term, can be quickly and professionally rebuilt by Chinese investment. The Chinese are specialists in port construction and management.

This avowedly optimistic scenario would imply a purge of the hyper-wealthy, corrupt weapons/drugs/real estate scoundrels of Lebanon’s plutocracy – which in any case scurry away to their tony Paris apartments at the first sign of trouble.

Couple that with Hezbollah’s very successful social welfare system – which I saw for myself at work last year – having a shot at winning the confidence of the impoverished middle classes and thus becoming the core of the reconstruction.

It will be a Sisyphean struggle. But compare this situation with the Empire of Chaos – which needs chaos everywhere, especially across Eurasia, to cover for the coming, Mad Max chaos inside the US.

General Wesley Clark’s notorious 7 countries in 5 years once again come to mind – and Lebanon remains one of those 7 countries. The Lebanese lira may have collapsed; most Lebanese may be completely broke; and now Beirut is semi-devastated. That may be the straw breaking the camel’s back – releasing the camel to the freedom of finally retracing its steps back to Asia along the New Silk Roads.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/08/who-profi ... rut-blast/
@skinster

I just can't close my eyes to this. What you are essentially doing with some posters like @ingliz is trying to use this tragedy to spread hatred of Israel and the Jews by linking them as the main masterminds of this tragedy with no evidence whatsoever. I don't know how you can't see that. How is this different from encouraging the slaughter of X group or race or religion during the religious wars in France/Europe or by the Nazis or by the communists.

In all of those cases people had "good explanations" or "good intentions" but this doesn't mean that we don't remember those events as slaughters or genocide. I believe that behaviour like your needs to be challenged to prevent atrocities from happening. If something happens then at least my conscience will be clear. I at least tried to do something against people like you while the rest just watched.
By Sivad
The Saudi-Neocon-Zionist axis of evil is definitely the prime suspect but the Chicoms also had means motive and opportunity. A disaster like this could force Lebanon deeper into Belt and Road while casting suspicion on Chicom geopolitical rivals and it's not like the Chinese wouldn't do something like that if they thought could get away with it. My money's on the axis of evil being the culprits but as Escobar pointed out Beirut is a freaking le Carre spook fest so if it wasn't an accident there's no shortage of suspects and it's a real grand chessboard level whodunnit.
@JohnRawls Israel is a shit country, and skinster isn't hating on "Jews", but Israelis. There's a big difference. If she's slamming Zionists, well then, that's OK. :D

That said, I don't think Israel is involved in this incident, unless there's some evidence to the contrary, that I have not yet seen..
Sivad's AsiaTimes article wrote:The whole op feels like a cover – with the real recipients of the ammonium nitrate possibly being “moderate rebels” in Syria who use it to make IEDs and equip suicide trucks, such as the one that demolished the Al Kindi hospital in Aleppo.

...astonishing case of serial negligence...

...Neither the prime minister nor the president nor any of the cabinet ministers knew that the ammonium nitrate was stored in Hangar 12, former Iranian diplomat Amir Mousavi, the director of the Center for Strategic Studies and International Relations in Tehran, confirms. We’re talking about a massive IED, placed mid-city...

The bureaucracy at Beirut’s port and the mafias who are actually in charge are closely linked to, among others, the al-Mostaqbal faction, which is led by former Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri, himself fully backed by the House of Saud...

I want to emphasize what a mafia-run country Lebanon is (and that includes "Jewish" mafia, JohnRawls), and that this is extremely important because of the lack of any kind of competence or concern for the well-being of the people.

Mafia-run means this is what governance looks like. It's also why a hardscrabble group like Hezbollah are left to pick up the trash, and provide some semblance of social programs.
JohnRawls wrote:to spread hatred of Israel

Why would anyone need to? Israel makes a good job of doing that itself.

Anyway, that aside, my position has always been the Israelis fucked up. - That is Israel likely carried out the attack but did not intend for damage of this magnitude.

According to Alison Tahmizian Meuse, a journalist working for the Asia Times, the Lebanese armed forces believe the explosion in Hanger No. 9 was an “act of sabotage”. Why? she asked. Hanger No 9 was holding short-range missiles, allegedly impounded.

Missiles...

"you can clearly see a brick orange column tending to bright red, typical of lithium participation. Lithium-metal is a propellant for military missiles, so I think there were armaments there."

— Danilo Coppe, explosives expert, quoted in the Italian daily Corriere Della Sera.

"I’ve spoken to several [Lebanese former and current] military people that all agreed this was an arms depot exploding.

— Riad Kahwaji, head of the Dubai-based Institute for Near East and Gulf Military Analysis.

:)
ingliz wrote:Why would anyone need to? Israel makes a good job of doing that itself.

Anyway, that aside, my position has always been the Israelis fucked up. - That is Israel likely carried out the attack but did not intend for damage of this magnitude.

According to Alison Tahmizian Meuse, a journalist working for the Asia Times, the Lebanese armed forces believe the explosion in Hanger No. 9 was an “act of sabotage”. Why? she asked. Hanger No 9 was holding short-range missiles, allegedly impounded.

Missiles...

"you can clearly see a brick orange column tending to bright red, typical of lithium participation. Lithium-metal is a propellant for military missiles, so I think there were armaments there."

— Danilo Coppe, explosives expert, quoted in the Italian daily Corriere Della Sera.

"I’ve spoken to several [Lebanese former and current] military people that all agreed this was an arms depot exploding.

— Riad Kahwaji, head of the Dubai-based Institute for Near East and Gulf Military Analysis.

:)

Okay, but what proof do you have of it being Israel. I don't get it. You foster all this hate for Israel and the Jews without any evidence but apparently oblivious where it will lead to eventually. You are more than grown enough to put the 1 to 1 together. Not to mention that you know history otherwise you wouldn't be on this forum.

Israel is not a saint and has fair share what it can be critisized for. But pinning tragedies on Israel without any proof is already something that goes beyond that simple critisism. It is like you are wishing for another pogrom of sorts.
@anasawad, great to read you're OK. First thing I thought of when I heard of this explosion was you.

As for the conspiracy theories which are unfounded, does nobody question why ammonium nitrate was left at such a key area if "Israel" was such at threat, as you know it's like leaving dynamite under the smokers shelter. Any risk of a missile strike would mean you are extremely exposed as the port was a strategic site. As it was left there nobody thought it was a risk. I suppose nobody thought of electrical fire and accidental ignition of fireworks.
B0ycey wrote:@anasawad, great to read you're OK. First thing I thought of when I heard of this explosion was you.

As for the conspiracy theories which are unfounded, does nobody question why ammonium nitrate was left at such a key area if "Israel" was such at threat, as you know it's like leaving dynamite under the smokers shelter. Any risk of a missile strike would mean you are extremely exposed as the port was a strategic site. As it was left there nobody thought it was a risk. I suppose nobody thought of electrical fire and accidental ignition of fireworks.

It was in warehouses that were under de facto control of HEzbollah. Again, you don't need to put 1 to 1 together to figure out why would they need that nitrate. :hmm:
JohnRawls wrote:pinning tragedies on Israel

They pin it on themselves...

"We hit a cell and now we hit the dispatchers."

— Netanyahu warns Hezbollah, Tuesday 4 August 2020

And, Boom! a few hours later the two explosions we have been rattling on about occurred.
Last edited by ingliz on 09 Aug 2020 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]