Joe Biden is the most corrupt vice president of our lifetime - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
We should have left Saddam alone all the way. There was nothing to be gained and a whole lot to lose taking him out. For very little effort he would have come back into the fold. The same is true of Dr. Assad. Oh well.
SpecialOlympian wrote:De-Ba'athification was the dumbest fucking possible thing we could have done for Iraq. You needed to register with the Ba'ath party if you wanted to teach in grade school. Paul Bremmer is a fucking monster who singlehandedly ensured that all professional Iraqis were excluded from rebuilding Iraq.

We fucked it up and we fucked it up hard.

That's the price they paid for bowing to their dictator. I agree with Bremer.
Drlee wrote:We should have left Saddam alone all the way. There was nothing to be gained and a whole lot to lose taking him out. For very little effort he would have come back into the fold. The same is true of Dr. Assad. Oh well.

There was nothing left to privatize in government. The only way for Bush, Cheney, etc. to get rich was to bill the government for ongoing war services. That was it. That's why we invaded. Just like every other time a Republican has been president it was a prolonged bank robbery.

We had fucking bake sales to buy body armor for the troops What the fuck was the point? Meanwhile, ~our brave contractors, businessmen extracting value from the edge of tomorrow~ could charge the government $25 million a month to operate a Burger King at Forward Mission Base Freedom Eagle.
Patrickov wrote:While I also agree with the above deduction, I think it's inappropriate to exaggerate his problem. I simply do not buy the "corrupt" thing -- if anything Trump is by default much more corrupt given that he's a very proactive businessman.

Figuratively speaking, it is stupid to brand someone as a rapist when at worst he's just an introvert who could not stand up to rapist bullies. (This sentence is simply to illustrate the stupidity of unnecessary exaggeration, and does NOT imply anyone being rapist, introvert or "could not stand up to rapist bullies" here)

It is more stupid to label President Trump corrupt simply because he was a proactive businessman and supports businesses to improve the economy of the nation.

Drlee wrote:We should have left Saddam alone all the way. There was nothing to be gained and a whole lot to lose taking him out. For very little effort he would have come back into the fold. The same is true of Dr. Assad. Oh well.

Biden was for all that in case you didn't know.
Hindsite wrote:It is more stupid to label President Trump corrupt simply because he was a proactive businessman and supports businesses to improve the economy of the nation.

I am not opining Trump being corrupt here, just that his business mind means a lot of his actions are out of his self-interest.

Many people would regard Trump's actions as being corrupt, but IMHO there's actually some room between "acting out of self-interest" and "corrupt".

I think most would agree that Trump acts mostly out of self-interest, just that some find Trump's interest matching theirs while others see the opposite.

What I disagree with you is that you seem to be holding a double standard simply because Trump represents your interest and Biden doesn't.
Patrickov wrote:What I disagree with you is that you seem to be holding a double standard simply because Trump represents your interest and Biden doesn't.

I view the Democrats holding a double standard on many things. However, you are right that Biden doesn't represent my interests at all. Biden even believes the Chinese Communist Party is nothing for the USA to be concerned about. Maybe, he is influenced by that billion dollar investment given to his son, Hunter, when they were over there while he was vice president.
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite I can see why Biden doesn't represent you. He's not a stupid. He's also not a misogynist or racist.

Biden is most certainly a racist. His track record from his 1994 crime bill to his many racial gaffes--this week's suggesting that all black people think the same--show a pattern of racist attitudes.
What I am saying, is that people who support and defend racist shit all the time, are in no position to judge others on how racist they are. People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw bricks. :knife:
So you agree with Joe Biden that the Latino community is diverse, unlike the African-American community?

Actually, yes. So did Nixon. Nixon voiced a strategy to lump all Latinos together in order to eliminate their actual ethnic distinctions. Southwestern Mexican Americans are quite a different thing from Miami Cubans or New York Puerto Ricans. Nixon felt that by lumping them together they would lose the motivation to act on their own piece of the pie. He has been proved right.

Similarly the African American community does not actually exist as a separate thing. What it has become is the single point reference for all people who are black or even partially black. It is entirely about skin color. We have bought this hook, line and sinker. The 1960's notion of "passing" by a light skinned black or mixed race person is over. We do not ever discuss in any meaningful way the differences between African Americans and African immigrants. They are just considered one thing. Look a the language. Inner-city black, educated black, professional black, poor black, drive by shooting as opposed to brutal murder.

We in the US do not actually "do" diversity even though we use the term a lot. We have marginalized certain groups and we keep them that way. There is no real movement to elevate blacks and Hispanics. They are useful underclasses after all. And it is about to get a whole lot worse for them. When Biden loses, and he will lose or at least never take office, they will lose also. All that remains to be seen is just how far down they are pushed. Is back to slavery possible? Certainly not by that name but......what shakes out? If and when Trump is reelected it will definitely be seen as a repudiation of multiculturalism and an affirmation of white supremacy. (As if it was ever really a question in the first place.)
Godstud wrote:@Hindsite I can see why Biden doesn't represent you. He's not a stupid. He's also not a misogynist or racist.

Biden doesn't represent me because he is all those things and more, like dementia and a Democrat being pulled further to the political left.

Drlee wrote:We in the US do not actually "do" diversity even though we use the term a lot. We have marginalized certain groups and we keep them that way. There is no real movement to elevate blacks and Hispanics. They are useful underclasses after all. And it is about to get a whole lot worse for them. When Biden loses, and he will lose or at least never take office, they will lose also. All that remains to be seen is just how far down they are pushed. Is back to slavery possible? Certainly not by that name but......what shakes out? If and when Trump is reelected it will definitely be seen as a repudiation of multiculturalism and an affirmation of white supremacy. (As if it was ever really a question in the first place.)

Between Trump and Biden, it is clear to me that Trump is the best person to represent the values of Americans. Dementia Biden would be a dud at best. :lol:

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]

You Zionists just can't stop lying can you. It wa[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]