The End of Lukashenko is near. - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15112633
Patrickov wrote:totalitarian

Says the man calling for an extrajudicial killing, a drone to "tackle" Lukashenko.


:lol:
#15112650
Heisenberg wrote:In fairness to @JohnRawls, Lukashenko got 5% less of the vote than last time around. At this rate, he's scheduled to dip under 50% some time around 2050. So it's fair to say that the "end of Lukashenko is near" in the context of geological time.

:lol:


I guess this means that the 2016 US election was rigged, because in Manhattan, Hillary Clinton carried something like 89% of the vote. :excited:

In other news, this is why NATO should be disbanded. Watching @JohnRawls begging for Moar War every time a country elects a leader he doesn't like, is really annoying.


It was the in Minsk. One place had 90% Lukashenko and other places literally next door were 4to1 or above for Tihonovskaya. Same goes for other cities. I would understand your argument if it was a situation like California vs Alabama. But the voting places are literally next door in a lot of cases.
#15112655
Lukashenko just gave an order to mobilize all of its military personal to supress the protests. :knife:
#15112664
Beren wrote:If you multiply the vote share he got by the turnout, it rather indicates how firm his grip on the country is, I guess. That number was 51.8% in Putin's case in 2018 and it's 66.5% for Lukashenko, the difference is due to a lot higher turnout in Belarus. So it's not his higher popularity that makes him a stronger leader than the Russian president, it's rather his superior ability to mobilise his base. :lol:


Putin is much more subtle in securing his power. Lukashenko arrested opposition leaders to the point where one of their wives had to run. For some reason he didn't arrest her, maybe because he doesn't take women seriously. He also doesn't allow any OSCE observers, so I suspect the result is outright fantasy, whatever he wants it to be.

wat0n wrote:That has always been part of this forum. So have the far-rightists.


They haven't always been as hypocritical and braindead though. Or at least I don't remember it being like that.
#15112688
ingliz wrote:Says the man calling for an extrajudicial killing, a drone to "tackle" Lukashenko.


Totalitarian means indiscriminate cruel treatment to whoever opposing one without alternative.

I have stated clear in post #15112436 that the droning is what I fear.

Even if it's my wish I would contain it to perpetrators in power, or at most their staunchest collaborators.
#15112721
Patrickov wrote:I would contain it to perpetrators in power, or at most their staunchest collaborators.

Why?

Death solves all problems - No man, no problem.

— Stalin


:lol:
#15112722
ingliz wrote:Why?


1. Tyrants are usually what they are because no one gets punished. Many of them are only after the money of power. Death means they have no chance to enjoy what they have, and more likely than not this is the exact opposite of what they want.

Genuine ideological fighters, on the other hand, should be dealt with more carefully -- even the slightest messing with them would make them a martyr.

Lukashenko is obviously not a genuine ideological fighter.


2. People have to concede that sometimes tyrants cannot be removed by peaceful means, especially if they have been so entangled that it would be impractical to expect them give up -- there are always people out there who have been so harmed that only retribution can serve their justice. Tyrants are wicked, but they are not stupid.

When the situation calls, it's fair to both sides to make the inevitable as quick as possible.
Last edited by Patrickov on 11 Aug 2020 07:21, edited 1 time in total.
#15112723
JohnRawls wrote:Lukashenko just gave an order to mobilize all of its military personal to supress the protests. :knife:


Doesn't Anasawad hold a Belarus passport? Not a great week for his citizenship leaders. :hmm:

Besides tackling protesters when they become actively destructive/aggressive is just normal. Do you think Western Liberal nations let their protests turn to riots or something?

Western media will naturally tell just one side of the story which is biased and gives viewers a sense of ignorance. I'm not going to stat that the election wasn't rigged, but I suspect like Maduro, Lukashenko will have his supporters on the street also and if you watch RT they will no doubt show them.

I guess what I am trying to say is that Belarus is polotically divided - like most other nations I guess - and the idea these riots are going to bring down this government is laughable.
Last edited by B0ycey on 11 Aug 2020 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
#15112724
B0ycey wrote:Western media will naturally tell just one side of the story which is biased and gives viewers a sense of ignorance. I'm not going to stat that the election wasn't rigged, but I suspect like Maduro, Lukashenko will have his supporters on the street also and if you watch RT they will no doubt show them. I guess what I am saying is Belarus is polotically divided, like most other nations and the idea these riots are going to bring down this government is laughable.


Russia is probably in dilemma because Lukashenko presents himself as an adversary of Putin rather than his balllicker.
#15112726
Patrickov wrote:it's fair to both sides to make the inevitable as quick as possible.

So you believe Lukashenko should start ' droning' the opposition?


:)
#15112727
Patrickov wrote:Russia is probably in dilemma because Lukashenko presents himself as an adversary of Putin rather than his balllicker.


Putin has always supported what's worse for the US than what is best for Russia. You think the clown Trump is good for Russia? No. But he is a US diplomatic nightmare and US self destruction especially in regards to global relationships is why the Russian bots target Biden.

As for Belarus, they are as close to colonial Russia in terms of SU ethos than any other Baltic nation today actually. It doesn't matter to Putin whether Lukashenko thinks of himself better or even equal to Putin, as long as he doesn't turn into a Western puppet he is good enough.
#15112728
B0ycey wrote:Lukashenko will have his supporters on the street

He will.

Many believe his rule spared Belarus the turmoil that beset other former Soviet countries.

"The president has a genuine support base"

— Tadeusz Giczan, a Belarusian researcher at University College London
#15112729
ingliz wrote:So you believe Lukashenko should start ' droning' the opposition?


In some sense he had already started that, and that's exactly why violence against him is more justified than violence against opposition in the first place.

By default, those in the power should always be on the receiving end.
#15112730
Patrickov wrote:By default, those in the power should always be on the receiving end.


In what sense? A government with no authority is no government at all. This doesn't advocate violence but to expect nothing in return especially when challenging authority isn't to be expected.
#15112735
B0ycey wrote:In what sense? A government with no authority is no government at all.


In the sense that they should be held accountable because they have more resources entitled to their disposal.

I think the authority of the authorities comes from their upholding of the society's principles (not necessarily laws), not from themselves.
#15112739
It seems Tihanovkaya left the country durring the night. Apparently the Government is threatening violence against the children of all opposition leaders. Most of them have sent them out of the country by now.

The problem is that the real opposition leaders are basically in KGB jail already for 4-5 months even before the election and it is basically their wifes running the opposition campaign right now. I guess the opposition leaders will be tortured or killed in the KGB jails if their wifes start being more active and actually lead the protests :hmm:
#15112747
Rugoz wrote:Putin is much more subtle in securing his power. Lukashenko arrested opposition leaders to the point where one of their wives had to run.

Lukashenko is an outright dictator, whereas Putin is a subtle despot. However, Russia is an empire, a major power and a historic and cultural heir to Byzantium, while Belarus is just a marquisate.
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 15
What is Fascism

@Julian658 is once again trying to take this thr[…]

.Where are the 2020 versions of Barry Goldwater? […]

First 2020 Debate Thread

I was disappointed Biden didn’t call Trump a lying[…]

CDC survivability numbers (age 0-19: 99.997%, 20-[…]