Welcome to PoFoLandia - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Saeko
To the Great and Honorable Chairman [CLASSIFIED],

As you well know, during the last 10 years, we've managed to restore something resembling capitalism in this country after the overthrow of Saeko, The Accursed. Unfortunately, all financial institutions were wiped out during the Reign of Madness after she demanded that all finances be measured in prime numbers of square Kelvins per nautical watermelon. Then, all machines were ordered to be destroyed after her economic advisors told her there was no way to make the GDP graph "look like a smiley face." But we do still have a few million surviving hands ready to work in the growing service economy.

After an initial unprecedented growth spurt, the economy has stagnated. We believe that only you are capable of bringing prosperity to our people once more.

Here is the current situation:

Our government currently spends $20B per year on the service industry. The prevailing wage rate is $1.00 per hour, and incomes are taxed at 20%. Wages cannot exceed $100.00 per hour, and taxes cannot go above 99%. Just post what variables you would like to change and by how much in you post, and we will report back to you in 10 years time. Or maybe in 100 or 1000 years depending on the weather. The space-time continuum hasn't been the same since taxes were imposed on hypercubical thoughts. Here are some additional stats for you to ponder:

Legend:

G_s = G_d = government spending
T_s = T_d = taxes
theta = tax rate
R = Gov debt to GDP ratio
C_d = C_s = consumption
WB = total wage bill
W = wage rate
YD = disposable income of households
Y = GDP
N_s = employment level, i.e., number of workers employed in the private sector
WI = wealth inequality, %share of all wealth owned by firms
Time = years since capitalism was re-established.

Best of luck, Chairman [CLASSIFIED]
By ness31
They’re taxing my ‘hypercubical thoughts‘?
By Potemkin
This "Saeko the Accursed" sounds like she had some interesting ideas.... :)
By ness31
To be honest, I’m still not entirely sure what we’re meant to be doing. I will however declare the 11th of August a public or bank holiday.

You’re welcome.
As Chairman, I hereby declare myself to be the living incarnation of the Spirit of PoFoLandia. This is, of course, a lifetime position. As such, all the gold bullion remaining in the State Treasury can now be moved into the shed at the bottom of my garden. Don't worry; I'll take good care of it. :)
By ness31
Sivad wrote:hypercubical thoughts are rewarded with tax credits.

Should work wonders for the space time continuum.
By Saeko
Potemkin wrote:As Chairman, I hereby declare myself to be the living incarnation of the Spirit of PoFoLandia. This is, of course, a lifetime position. As such, all the gold bullion remaining in the State Treasury can now be moved into the shed at the bottom of my garden. Don't worry; I'll take good care of it. :)

Success!

Due to the wise leadership of Chairman @Potemkin, who, due to a gold shortage, accepted a $10,000,000,000/year payout (for the rest of his life) instead, the economy seems to be back on track. In the 10 years of Chairman Potemkin's reign, household wealth (him mostly), GDP, employment, consumption, and tax revenues have all increased. Unfortunately, both wealth inequality and government debt are also up, but Former Chairman Potemkin doesn't care now that he is filthy stinkin' rich. Rich people like the former Chairman now own 99% of all wealth in the country.

Saeko wrote:Success!

Due to the wise leadership of Chairman @Potemkin, who, due to a gold shortage, accepted a $10,000,000,000/year payout (for the rest of his life) instead, the economy seems to be back on track. In the 10 years of Chairman Potemkin's reign, household wealth (him mostly), GDP, employment, consumption, and tax revenues have all increased. Unfortunately, both wealth inequality and government debt are also up, but Former Chairman Potemkin doesn't care now that he is filthy stinkin' rich. Rich people like the former Chairman now own 99% of all wealth in the country.

My innate modesty and humility prevent me from acceding to the more extravagant gestures of gratitude of my people (at least, those of them who have survived the recent unfortunate famine), some of whom have even suggested erecting a gigantic golden statue of their Lord and Saviour (my good self, of course) in the centre of the capital city. No, no, I have a much better use for all that gold, and besides, it's been done before. No, I think my idea of renaming all the months of the year after myself would be a much more fitting symbol of my people's undying gratitude. I realise, of course, that every month of the year being called 'Potemkin' might become a tad confusing for some of my slower-witted citizens, but I'm sure they'll get used to it. :)
Rugoz wrote:Wtf is this?

This is the future, @Rugoz. :)
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/ForensicArchi/status/177308040[…]

Who needs a wall? We have all those land mines ju[…]

Puffer Fish, as a senior (and olde) member of this[…]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]