Private Bone Spurs: soldiers are losers and suckers - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Trump confronted a political crisis on Friday that could undercut badly needed support in the military community for his re-election campaign as he sought to dispute a report that he privately referred to American soldiers killed in combat as “losers” and “suckers.” The report in The Atlantic by its editor in chief, Jeffrey Goldberg, said that Mr. Trump decided against visiting a cemetery for American soldiers killed in World War I during a 2018 visit to France because the rain would have mussed his hair and because he did not believe it was important to honor the war dead. During a conversation with senior officials that day, according to the magazine, Mr. Trump said: “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” On the same trip, the article said, he referred to American Marines slain in combat at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

The article also said that Mr. Trump’s well-known antipathy for Senator John McCain, a Republican from Arizona and a Vietnam War hero, was on display after the senator’s death in August 2018. “We’re not going to support that loser’s funeral,” the article quotes Mr. Trump telling his staff. He became furious at seeing flags lowered to half-staff. “What the fuck are we doing that for? Guy was a fucking loser,” the president told aides, according to the article. Mr. Trump famously mocked the senator’s military service and five and a half years in captivity in Vietnam. “He’s not a war hero,” Mr. Trump said. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

People familiar with Mr. Trump’s private conversations say he has long scorned those who served in Vietnam as being too dumb to have gotten out of it, as he did through a medical diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels. At other times, according to those familiar with the remarks, Mr. Trump would marvel at people choosing military service over making money.

As to Belleau Woods...all the other leaders made it. But someone says Trump couldn’t make it because it would have been a two hour trip in his luxury limo? Lord, what better thing did he have to do over there? Watch Fox in his bathrobe? Play golf? Tweet? Have his hair done?
People familiar with Mr. Trump’s private conversations say he has long scorned those who served in Vietnam as being too dumb to have gotten out of it, as he did through a medical diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels. At other times, according to those familiar with the remarks, Mr. Trump would marvel at people choosing military service over making money.

Trump, like most religious fanatics, takes his religion very seriously. And that religion is, of course, capitalism - the art of making money. His contempt for those who value other things than just making money - such as sacrificing one's own life for the good of one's nation, for example - is the contempt of a religious fanatic for infidels and heretics.
The Atlantic had 10 on-the-record people who indicated this was false, and four "anonymous sources" who came up with this story. Either the Atlantic made this up from whole cloth, or a bunch of embittered neoliberal/neoconservative types came up with it and pitched it to the Atlantic. Virtually nobody believes the story--not even you guys. You can pretend that you believe it and are horrified by it, but the act has worn pretty thin. :roll:
blackjack21 wrote:The Atlantic had 10 on-the-record people who indicated this was false, and four "anonymous sources" who came up with this story. Either the Atlantic made this up from whole cloth, or a bunch of embittered neoliberal/neoconservative types came up with it and pitched it to the Atlantic. Virtually nobody believes the story--not even you guys. You can pretend that you believe it and are horrified by it, but the act has worn pretty thin. :roll:

When you lie countless times every day it’s hard to get people to believe you when you want them too. We have all seen the disrespect for Gold Star families, for John McCain, for veterans who don’t fall on the “right” side of political lines. We have heard zero about the bounty placed on soldiers by the Russians. Actions speak louder than words.

And remember when Donald was asked how his "bone spurs" were doing and he said, "They just went away." :lol: :lol:

Sorry #21, after about 2500 lies your man doesn't have a whole lot of credibility ….
I'm genuinely amazed that after FIVE years of Trump being in the public eye, liberals still think the "vulgar hypocrite" attack line will work. I'm starting to think we could generate broad popular support, across ideological lines, for putting the likes of David Frum and Jennifer Rubin in a human zoo. It's past time that we studied the physiological basis of Extreme West Wing Brain. :lol:
The Atlantic magazine published a story on Thursday in which four sources close to Donald Trump said he cancelled a visit to pay respects at an American military cemetery outside Paris in 2018 because he thought the dead soldiers were “losers” and “suckers” and DID NOT WANT TO MESS UP HIS HAIR .

Elizabeth Neumann, a former assistant secretary of counter-terrorism in the Department of Homeland Security, and Miles Taylor, a former chief of staff in that department, said the account was true, asserting that Trump’s low opinion of soldiers killed and wounded in combat was well known inside the administration.

Reports by the Washington Post and the Associated Press and other media outlets, Fox News among them, also corroborated the Atlantic story.

Democratic Illinois senator Tammy Duckworth, who lost both her legs in combat in Iraq, accused Trump of attempting to “politicize and pervert our military to stroke his own ego”. “I take my wheelchair, and my titanium legs over Donald Trump’s supposed bone spurs any day,” she added, referring to one reason Trump received draft deferments during the Vietnam war.
If I understand him correctly, he doesn't refer to all soldiers, he just means those killed or captivated in battle as "suckers and losers". I think he is trying to emulate Stalin or Hitler who had little sympathies for soldiers who didn't achieve victory. I don't know if it's true, but it has been claimed that he keeps a copy of Mein Kampf on his bedside table.
Biden sent tens of thousands of soldiers to be maimed and slaughtered on a bullshit hoax so his banskster backers could soak up more of the world's wealth but Trump's the guy who doesn't respect the troops. :knife: Fucking libtards.

Trump Military Story FALLS APART As War Machine Strikes BACK Over Afghanistan Plans
Potemkin wrote:such as sacrificing one's own life for the good of one's nation, for example

With the exception of the establishment of the Jewish homeland in Palestine, I'm at a loss to see what good that came out of the First World War, that could not have been achieved without war. I really can't see how it was in the US's national interest to sacrifice their young men's lives on the Western Front. If America had actually had some balls at the beginning of World War I, they would have told Britain where to go and announced that they would be trading with all countries and any interference in that trade by any belligerent would be considered an act of war.
Rich wrote:With the exception of the establishment of the Jewish homeland in Palestine, I'm at a loss to see what good that came out of the First World War, that could not have been achieved without war. I really can't see how it was in the US's national interest to sacrifice their young men's lives on the Western Front. If America had actually had some balls at the beginning of World War I, they would have told Britain where to go and announced that they would be trading with all countries and any interference in that trade by any belligerent would be considered an act of war.

The First World War destroyed most of the European Empires and crippled the ones which survived. It also led directly to the establishment of Communism in the ex-Russian Empire, and thereafter in China and elsewhere. Quite frankly, the First World War was one of the best things which ever happened to humanity.

Discuss.

:)
Potemkin wrote:The First World War destroyed most of the European Empires and crippled the ones which survived. It also led directly to the establishment of Communism in the ex-Russian Empire, and thereafter in China and elsewhere.

It also smote the idea that war is a glorious thing.

As for Trump, he may simply believe that dying or being captured on the battlefield is completely useless and doesn't require any special ability, so thus it just shouldn't be glorified and only suckers choose or have to do that, so dodging military service is neither cowardice nor irresponsibility.
Potemkin wrote:The First World War destroyed most of the European Empires and crippled the ones which survived. It also led directly to the establishment of Communism in the ex-Russian Empire, and thereafter in China and elsewhere. Quite frankly, the First World War was one of the best things which ever happened to humanity.

Discuss.

:)

It also led to Nazism and WW2. Not that Communism in Russia, China etc. wasn't terrible enough.
Rugoz wrote:It also led to Nazism and WW2. Not that Communism in Russia, China etc. wasn't terrible enough.

Nazism and Communism taught the world about the horrors of totalitarianism. It was a brutal lesson but it was crucial to the preservation of human freedom so we should all be eternally grateful to all those who suffered so immensely under it. Their horrific ordeal provided world civilization with invaluable edification.
Beren wrote:It also smote the idea that war is a glorious thing.

smote is a good word. there are so many kinds of fuckers that need smotething in this bitch. If I were the Lord thy Bog I would smoteth the retards hardcore. Retards need to get wrath smotethed.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

[quote='ate"]Whatever you're using, I want[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]