BEWARE Trump's evil genius plot this November - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Trump, the GOP, and 3rd party pro-Trump groups have already insidiously stacked things in their favor come the election. Democrats are already well aware of decades of voter suppression by the GOP. This is already happening.

Trump has already sown distrust among his supporters about the potential for fraud in the mail-in ballot process. Polls already show that 69% of Biden supporters intend to vote by mail, while only 19% of Trump voters do. What this is means is that voter suppression by mail-in ballots is ripe for the GOP to take advantage of. There's already cases of pro-Trump 3rd party groups mailing out absentee applications to voters with the wrong return addresses on them, that these groups say were simply "printing errors". These means some Biden voters voting by mail are going to get screwed.

There's a 2nd situation at hand: in-person voting ballots will be counted on election night, while mail-in ballots won't be fully counted until the next few days. Since Trump voters will be voting in person at numbers likely 3x higher than Biden voters, at the end of election night projections show Trump in a lead in the majority of states, including all of the swing states. This is being referred to as the "Red Mirage".

A few days later (possibly longer) after all the mail-ins are counted, If Biden then takes the lead from Trump and wins the election, Trump can (and will) cry foul that there was voter mail-in fraud and he can dispute the election, initiate lawsuits, and convince his supporters that the election was stolen, and possibly even refuse to leave office.

Imagine the political unrest among the right this is likely to cause? Now imagine if Trump actually wins with the help of mail-in voter suppression targeted at Democrats? Imagine the political unrest among the right this is likely to cause? It's going to be a shitshow far bigger than the 2000 election. You've been warned.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/15/politics ... index.html

annatar1914 wrote:Supreme Court ruling ''Bush v. Gore 2000''. This has a time expiration on it, no matter what.

What's the expiration?

What if Trump doesn't accept any legal decisions and refuses to leave? Does the FBI come and remove him by force? What if the CIA or the military agree with Trump (and enforcement is typically right-leaning).
No doubt Trump will dispute a loss one way or another, but I don't see how that could safe him.

Unthinking Majority wrote:What if Trump doesn't accept any legal decisions and refuses to leave? Does the FBI come and remove him by force? What if the CIA or the military agree with Trump (and enforcement is typically right-leaning).

It's not up to the military to decide and I don't think the US is that kind of banana republic yet. :lol:
Rugoz wrote:No doubt Trump will dispute a loss one way or another, but I don't see how that could safe him.

It's not up to the military to decide and I don't think the US is that kind of banana republic yet. :lol:

The military, or some inside it, can decide to defend him against what they would see as an illegal takeover.

That's a far-fetched scenario, but not impossible. I could more likely see private armed right-wing groups/individuals crying "coup d'etat" and by the Democrats and not being very peaceful with their response.

We're talking about a political environment that has become more polarlized and institutions that have become as corrupt as they've ever been. Now add media disinformation, foreign interference, and twitter rage to the pile.
@Unthinking Majority , you asked;

What's the expiration?

Votes all in by before December 14th, otherwise it's ruled a violation of the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment and the votes are voided that come in after that date no matter what.

What if Trump doesn't accept any legal decisions and refuses to leave?

More projection from his enemies, they ''reason'' that they'll not accept any legal decisions and refuse to concede when he wins. But I suspect that they'll settle down, the more sane ones anyway. The non-rational actors can and probably will go to jail if they do thwart the election. Next time, they need to pick a populist and nationalist Democrat instead of decrepit freaks of nature like Clinton, Biden, and Sanders. I'm sure at least one is out there.

Does the FBI come and remove him by force?

See above.

What if the CIA or the military agree with Trump (and enforcement is typically right-leaning).

They do agree, that's why he's President in the first place. A faction of the Establishment supports him, obviously. And they know that a significant portion of the American people do too.
Unthinking Majority wrote:The military, or some inside it, can decide to defend him against what they would see as an illegal takeover.

That's a far-fetched scenario, but not impossible. I could more likely see private armed right-wing groups/individuals crying "coup d'etat" and by the Democrats and not being very peaceful with their response.

We're talking about a political environment that has become more polarlized and institutions that have become as corrupt as they've ever been. Now add media disinformation, foreign interference, and twitter rage to the pile.

Well, I still cling to the hope that most Trump voters don't actually take his antics seriously. The rest can be dealt with.

For example, Trump just proclaimed at a rally he's "probably entitled" to a third term. You can't take that seriously, RIGHT?

Of course Hitler was not taken seriously either, but that's another story. :lol:
This is really transparent since Dems keep encouraging and praising huge crowds of people partying (at best) in the street but you can't use a voting machine in a sanitized environment. 0% chance that the conservative Supreme Court plays along with this desperate maneuver.
The American system is as much as it can be said to be designed at all, is designed to discriminate in favour of the Democrats and the Republicans and against any other party that exists or might emerge. This is why I advocate for zero tolerance policy any whining about the system by those that support the system.

Either you support proportional representation or you don't. I have no problem with fascists. I have no problem with people who oppose proportional representation, but I will not tolerate their whining about unfairness. The same goes to people complaining about cheating. Of course you can still cheat under proportional representation, but there are just not the opportunities to get the same payoff from cheating that you get with first past the post and executive presidencies. So parties just spend a lot less energy on it. I'm quite consistent in this, that's why I had not time for all the hand wringing and rending over Lance Armstrong, of course people are going to cheat under first past the post, what is so difficult to understand about this.

And thirdly I have no time for the whining about executive abuse of power, whether by Conservatives about Obama or Liberals about Trump. It must be said that in Britain with the introduction of sofa government, leadership primaries and executive Mayors, we some very keen to follow American cretinism. Americans sure come up with some dumb ideas, but apparently not so dumb that we Brits and quite a few others don't want to copy them.
Adding to this "plot", the White House now wants to see a winner projected on election night, knowing full well that Trump will have a huge lead at the end of election night because the mail-ins won't be counted yet:
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said last Wednesday that the Trump administration wants to see a presidential winner projected on election night this November.
"What we want election night to look like is a system that's fair, a situation where we know who the President of the United States is on election night. That's how the system is supposed to work. And that's ultimately what we're looking for and what we're hoping for," McEnany said in a Fox News interview, where she criticized Democrats for expanding access to mail-in voting.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/politics ... index.html
In the case that he loses, if Trump refuses to give up power, and if we have a bunch of dumb shits actually support him in that, then he will have successfully turned the US into a shit hole country.
Obviously Trump's election-grabbing plot has been helped by the sudden passing of a liberal SCOTUS justice. Trump's new pick now confirmed, the SCOTUS leans strongly conservative 6 to 3.

If Trump challenges the mail-ins, which he will if he loses, it will be a shit-show. Given that every state has different election rules, some that do not allow ballots to be counted if they're mailed before the election but received after election day, we're in for a wild ride if Biden wins.
Unthinking Majority wrote:What's the expiration?

What if Trump doesn't accept any legal decisions and refuses to leave? Does the FBI come and remove him by force? What if the CIA or the military agree with Trump (and enforcement is typically right-leaning).

Then the last vestiges of American democracy are done for and there would be the possibility of a civil war.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Absolutely. If the will of the people is suppressed, people will revolt.

This could also happen if Biden legit wins but the conservative SCOTUS rules in his favour also.

I don't think the modern GOP is above doing a blatant election steal that is more obvious than Bush v. Gore and condemning everyone who rightfully points out that's unconstitutional as "pussy snowflakes."
The only way America can fail is if the Corrupt, Greedy, Leftist Democrats can fool (scare)anyone into voting for them.

Rancid wrote:In the case that he loses, if Trump refuses to give up power, and if we have a bunch of dumb shits actually support him in that, then he will have successfully turned the US into a shit hole country.

if we have a bunch of dumb shits that actually support China's Joe Biden, (The Hawaiian Muslim's former VP), then the Leftist Democrats will have a chance of successfully turning the US into the shit hole. Leftist Democrats have smeared President Trump for Four years. May the scales be peeled from the eyes of the ignorant leftist Democrats that support hair sniffing and China's Joe Biden.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]