Another Black Man's death blamed on Police - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Crantag wrote:I'm not bullshitting you, I do regular bible studies. I think you are a little over the top, but I actually am a Christian. That might seem paradoxical to you, but your mind works in mysterious ways.

I bet it is your mind that must work in mysterious ways.
Tainari88 wrote::D I believe you are one of those men that find girlfriends fairly easily. Lol.

This scene being trapped in the USA due to pandemic issues and work visas is common. My husband has the same problem. I hate this situation. Got to get through it though.

I say you try for a Puerto Rican girlfriend in that small town. If there aren't any? Then you will be in deep problems. Ha ha ha...

Hermano, it is hard not to like you when you want a peleita (a little fight with these trolls we got here). :lol:

I've never met any Puerto Ricans or Columbians here. I did meet a nice Columbian girl in Tokyo once, but it was all platonic, and I was dating a Vietnamese girl at the time. She was hot though. There are a lot of Mexicans here, and I made friends with some Guatemalan dudes once, who lived next to me in my apartment building, when I was living in town to attend college. I did have a big crush on a Mexican girl once (when I say Mexican I mean from Mexico). We worked together, in a factory. She was young and hot, and we were friendly. But she was from a traditional family, and I believe they didn't approve. I worked with her older sister on the same factory floor, so the parents probably got regular reports of our flirtations. Or maybe the chemistry never quite reached a boiling point. Sorta suspect the former, but could be the latter. I think in my circumstances a Mexican girl might be good. Or, nothing wrong with American girls. This is a pretty white and Hispanic area. Maybe I could find a nice Chinese girl in the weeds, lol.
Crantag wrote:I've never met any Puerto Ricans or Columbians here. I did meet a nice Columbian girl in Tokyo once, but it was all platonic, and I was dating a Vietnamese girl at the time. She was hot though. There are a lot of Mexicans here, and I made friends with some Guatemalan dudes once, who lived next to me in my apartment building, when I was living in town to attend college. I did have a big crush on a Mexican girl once (when I say Mexican I mean from Mexico). We worked together, in a factory. She was young and hot, and we were friendly. But she was from a traditional family, and I believe they didn't approve. I worked with her older sister on the same factory floor, so the parents probably got regular reports of our flirtations. Or maybe the chemistry never quite reached a boiling point. Sorta suspect the former, but could be the latter. I think in my circumstances a Mexican girl might be good. Or, nothing wrong with American girls. This is a pretty white and Hispanic area. Maybe I could find a nice Chinese girl in the weeds, lol.

Hee hee. The way you write I would say a nice girl of any background is what you are looking for.

I have so many beautiful girls I know....but the truth is you will have to have compatibility. That is not at all an easy thing to accomplish.

This dating thing nowadays is a very hard situation.

But in Mexico? It is important to speak Spanish and be acceptable to her family. But the dating is not as restricted at all as it was in the past.

White and Hispanic area?

Oops, time for breakfast. I have a busy schedule today. And I got an immigration appointment today.
Tainari88 wrote:Hee hee. The way you write I would say a nice girl of any background is what you are looking for.

I have so many beautiful girls I know....but the truth is you will have to have compatibility. That is not at all an easy thing to accomplish.

This dating thing nowadays is a very hard situation.

But in Mexico? It is important to speak Spanish and be acceptable to her family. But the dating is not as restricted at all as it was in the past.

White and Hispanic area?

Oops, time for breakfast. I have a busy schedule today. And I got an immigration appointment today.

Nah, you misread me.

I'm looking for my sweet Maria. That was her name.

I'll settle for another sweet Mexican girl.

But, girls are girls, I like American girls too, if they ain't too stuck up, there are cool girls out there.

I'm sorta heart broken though, in all honesty, I still love my Chinese former girlfriend. But I can't go back.

You gotta wait for your man, though. Different situations.

Unthinking Majority wrote:Anecdotes aren't stats.

They are not.

But we all know what the stats say:

If you are black, you are more likely to be killed by cops.

If you suffer from mental illness, you are more likely to be killed by cops.

If you live in the USA, you are more likely to be killed by cops.
Crantag wrote:Nah, you misread me.

I'm looking for my sweet Maria. That was her name.

I'll settle for another sweet Mexican girl.

But, girls are girls, I like American girls too, if they ain't too stuck up, there are cool girls out there.

I'm sorta heart broken though, in all honesty, I still love my Chinese former girlfriend. But I can't go back.

You gotta wait for your man, though. Different situations.

Well, I know how waiting around feels. It is not good. Lol.

Anyway, I sent you a PM. If you press the English version on the upper right hand side of the website it gives you all the info in English.

I am writing an article for the website now.

Love,

T.

I just spoke to a Cuban legal secretary, she says she doesn't want to move to the USA. She sees images of black people getting killed by cops on international news networks and she thinks the USA cops are trigger happy. It is bad publicity folks.
Pants-of-dog wrote:They are not.

But we all know what the stats say:

If you are black, you are more likely to be killed by cops.

I would also go with this hypothesis. But what's the evidence? What is the likelihood of getting shot per encounter with police for blacks vs other races?

If you suffer from mental illness, you are more likely to be killed by cops.

I would also go with this hypothesis. What are the stats?

If you live in the USA, you are more likely to be killed by cops.

I would guess this to be accurate. But what is the reason? Are cops in America worse? Is it because cops are scared because the US populace is highly armed?
Unthinking Majority wrote:I would also go with this hypothesis. But what's the evidence? What is the likelihood of getting shot per encounter with police for blacks vs other races?

I am not sure of the exact numbers. It is an easy Google search.

More importantly, we should look at the causes and find ways of addressing them.

I would also go with this hypothesis. What are the stats?

Again, you can look it up. I think the conservative estimate is one in five shootings by cops kills a person suffering from mental illness.

Mire important is the fact that we already know the solution: send mental health professionals to deal with people suffering from mental illness, not cops.

I would guess this to be accurate. But what is the reason? Are cops in America worse? Is it because cops are scared because the US populace is highly armed?

These are good questions.

What I usually do when I think I have good questions is to do a Google search for studies that can verify or disprove these questions.

I would Google “ study causes of police brutality” and “ study relationship of police brutality and number of guns population”.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I am not sure of the exact numbers. It is an easy Google search.

More importantly, we should look at the causes and find ways of addressing them.

Yes but you're making a claim that it's worse for black people. As I said, my hypothesis is that this would be true. But is it? And by how much?

I don't believe claims and narratives by media and activists unless it's supported by statistical evidence.

Mire important is the fact that we already know the solution: send mental health professionals to deal with people suffering from mental illness, not cops.

Yes I agree with this. We're seeing some departments hiring social workers, which is good to see. I think having more women in departments is also good, because people tend to feel less threatened by them.

These are good questions.

What I usually do when I think I have good questions is to do a Google search for studies that can verify or disprove these questions.

I would Google “ study causes of police brutality” and “ study relationship of police brutality and number of guns population”.

Yes I agree with this too. But I'm too lazy to do this LOL.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Yes but you're making a claim that it's worse for black people. As I said, my hypothesis is that this would be true. But is it? And by how much?

I don't believe claims and narratives by media and activists unless it's supported by statistical evidence.

Again, it is true and the statistical evidence is easy to find.

The more important question is: what are the causes and how do we address them.

Yes I agree with this. We're seeing some departments hiring social workers, which is good to see. I think having more women in departments is also good, because people tend to feel less threatened by them.

The police department does not need to be involved at all, except in the rare circumstances where the person suffering from mental illness is a danger to others.

As I said in another thread, the professionals can always call 911. Until that point, cops are more of a danger and need to be excluded unless the mental health professionals allow the cops to intervene.
Last edited by Pants-of-dog on 18 Sep 2020 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
Unthinking Majority wrote:If it's easy to find then post a link to the evidence.

No, since that is not the important part of my post. It would make more sense to focus on the causes of police brutality and killings.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/ForensicArchi/status/177308040[…]

Who needs a wall? We have all those land mines ju[…]

Puffer Fish, as a senior (and olde) member of this[…]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]