Trump and Russiagate - Page 263 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By jimjam
FBI Director Christopher Wray on Thursday described “very active efforts” by Russia to interfere in the 2020 election, primarily by working to damage former Vice President and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

Wray said Russians have been using social media, as well as “proxies, state media, online journals" and other vehicles to hurt Biden and what it views as anti-Russian factions in U.S. politics.
By Finfinder
jimjam wrote:FBI Director Christopher Wray on Thursday described “very active efforts” by Russia to interfere in the 2020 election, primarily by working to damage former Vice President and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

Wray said Russians have been using social media, as well as “proxies, state media, online journals" and other vehicles to hurt Biden and what it views as anti-Russian factions in U.S. politics.

Overkill, the one thing Biden does well is damage himself every time he comes out of the basement to speak. :D
By Oxymoron
jimjam wrote:FBI Director Christopher Wray on Thursday described “very active efforts” by Russia to interfere in the 2020 election, primarily by working to damage former Vice President and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

See Russia truly is a true friend, helping us avoid Leftist scum.
By jimjam
Oxymoron wrote:See Russia truly is a true friend, helping us avoid Leftist scum.

i respect your opinion
By Hindsite

Just more Russia, Russia, Russia conspiracy theories. President Trump has a replacement ready after his reelection when he plans to fire Wray.

Trump Admin Eyeing Awesome Replacement For Christopher Wray At FBI…Guess Who?

Now, the Trump administration may have their eyes on an awesome replacement for Wray.

None other than Sidney Powell, the former federal prosecutor and current lawyer for General Michael Flynn, who was set up by the Deep State in the early days of the Trump administration.

Newsmax reports:

During a Friday update on Newsmax TV’s “John Bachman Now,” Robinson said she was exclusively told that the White House “is formulating a list of replacements right now” for Wray.

She said the list has been in the works for over a month, but a change won’t be made until after the election.

Robinson shared Powel’s name as one being floated for the job.

Minutes later, Powell made an already scheduled appearance on the show. She told host John Bachman that she has not been contacted about serving in the position, but said she has “seen comments like that on Twitter.”

“I am honored to be considered for it,” she said of Robinson’s announcement that her name could be on the shortlist, adding “I can only imagine the number of people in Washington, and elsewhere, that would need laundry service upon that announcement.”

Powell, a former federal prosecutor, has been critical of Wray, especially when it comes to his handling of the Flynn case.

Back in May, Powell had retweeted a post that called for Wray to be fired, Axios reported.

Speaking to Newsmax TV on Friday, Powell said that she has “never been favorably impressed” by Wray.

Robinson says that Trump’s advisors are urging him to keep Wray in his role after the election so that any potential fallout doesn’t damage his campaign.

https://www.rightcountry.com/trump-admi ... guess-who/
By skinster
The brilliant Russian historian Stephen Cohen died a couple of days and that's real sad because he was really good.

He annihilated the lies that are the Russiagate conspiracy theory. I can't believe people still believe that shit today. Propaganda works.

By jimjam
Iran and Russia have both obtained American voter registration data, top national security officials announced late on Wednesday, providing the first concrete evidence that the two countries are stepping in to try to influence the presidential election as it enters its final two weeks.

Two weeks ago, Cyber Command, a part of the military, helped paralyze a complex network developed by Russian-speaking hackers and used in ransomware attacks on cities and towns across the United States, along with on many companies. Microsoft led a team of firms doing the same, armed with court orders that enabled them to take down the command-and-control servers used to distribute the tools, which are called TrickBot. The move was made to disrupt the system so that it could not be used to lock up voter registration systems.

In recent days, another Russian hacking group called Energetic Bear, often linked to the F.S.B. — one of the successors to the Soviet Union’s K.G.B. — appears to have focused its attentions on gaining access to state and local government networks. That has caught the attention of federal investigators because, until now, the group had largely targeted energy firms, including public utilities.
By Ivan_R
I really hate to say that. But the first thing I was going to say here was this.

For many years, we witnessed how the so-called ‘Soft Power’ was used to make people and different groups within countries to hate each other and, in the end, kill each other in civilian wars. Being Russian I am an eyewitness of its use in Ukraine and Belorussia. Now it is obvious that what was initially intended to be the most humane weapon ever turned out to be the exact opposite. While the traditional war results in military casualty on both sides, the ‘soft war’ results mainly in civilian losses, mainly on one side (some country being targeted). So what I intended to say first was there should be some justice in making the civilians on the other side feel the same, feel the inhumanity of the methods used. So they make their authorities stop using those methods. Whether those were actually ‘Russians’ or any others meddling in elections, ‘supporting’ Trump and stirring up hatred, they had some reasons and even right within the current ‘paradigm’.

Thus, I suddenly found myself a ‘Devil’s advocate’. Since as Dostoevsky said, no universal harmony worth the tears of a child. There cannot be neither justice nor justification in making ordinary civilian people suffer like that. Even if you see those people as your ‘opponents’.
jimjam wrote:Iran and Russia have both obtained American voter registration data, top national security officials announced late on Wednesday, providing the first concrete evidence that the two countries are stepping in to try to influence the presidential election as it enters its final two weeks.

Two weeks ago, Cyber Command, a part of the military, helped paralyze a complex network developed by Russian-speaking hackers and used in ransomware attacks on cities and towns across the United States, along with on many companies. Microsoft led a team of firms doing the same, armed with court orders that enabled them to take down the command-and-control servers used to distribute the tools, which are called TrickBot. The move was made to disrupt the system so that it could not be used to lock up voter registration systems.

In recent days, another Russian hacking group called Energetic Bear, often linked to the F.S.B. — one of the successors to the Soviet Union’s K.G.B. — appears to have focused its attentions on gaining access to state and local government networks. That has caught the attention of federal investigators because, until now, the group had largely targeted energy firms, including public utilities.

From public lists I can collate myself using a browser and my ISP.

Wow, the deep state sure is running scared, it really wants Trump to lose for some reason...
By colliric
Igor Antunov wrote:From public lists I can collate myself using a browser and my ISP.

Wow, the deep state sure is running scared, it really wants Trump to lose for some reason...

It's like they don't understand how the internet works, yet it's been with us since the 1980s.
By jimjam
Let's try for the impossible and remove any consideration of American politics from the equation. Putin rose through the Russian spy hierarchy on his way to the top spot. With this in mind, I think that it is highly unlikely that he would not place strong emphasis on the use of covert means to interfere with systems that keep global rivals of Russia in business. Internet media is today immensely powerful. What can we expect………………. :?:
By Ivan_R
I would say, the propaganda based on Web 3.0 (social media, semantic networks, etc.) is the most powerful and efficient type of propaganda we have ever seen throughout the whole history. All those waves of ‘colour revolutions’ have been so successful just because they were based almost exclusively on that.
And I was the one back in late 00-s who warned that those who used that should have thoroughly thought about the problem of self-applicability (boomerang effect). That was just obvious.
By Finfinder
I was thinking this might possibly need its own thread like Chinagate between Hunter Biden and Eric Swalwell. I can't wait for the mob to defend pee pee pants Swalwell.
The current crop of Democrats on the House Intel committee are some worst traitorous scum in this country.

Swalwell mum on sex with China spy, but family remains Facebook friends with honeytrap

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) is refusing to say if he had sex with an accused Chinese spy who cozied up to a slew of US elected officials, including him, in a bid to infiltrate the US political system.

The 40-year-old congressman was among a group of Bay Area Democrats targeted by the honeytrap — also known as Christine Fang — who entered the US as a college student in 2011 and spent the next four years wooing the lawmakers to get close to sensitive government intelligence, according to a report in Axios.

Swalwell, a member of the House Intelligence Committee, has cooperated with federal investigations into Fang, according to his spokesperson.

“Rep. Swalwell, long ago, provided information about this person — whom he met more than eight years ago, and whom he hasn’t seen in nearly six years — to the FBI,” Swalwell’s office told Axios. “To protect information that might be classified, he will not participate in your story.”

And Swalwell’s office relied on the “classified information” line when Fox News’ Tucker Carlson questioned them about whether the California Democrat engaged in sexual relations with Fang.
https://nypost.com/2020/12/09/rep-swalw ... inese-spy/
By jimjam
This week, we learned that SolarWinds, a publicly traded company that provides software to tens of thousands of government and corporate customers, was hacked. Evidence in the SolarWinds attack points to the Russian intelligence agency known as the S.V.R., whose tradecraft is among the most advanced in the world.

One more way in which the man who proclaimed he would make America great again has left it weaker than ever before. Even without going to conspiracy theories about Trump intentionally assisting Russia against the national interest of the U.S., the soon-to-be ex-President's incompetence and lack of interest in governing have made Russia's way easier. Even if there was not "collusion" between Russia and the 2016 Trump campaign (in the sense of action in which Trump and his people knowingly participated), it's hard to avoid concluding that the Russians knew what they were doing when they took action to support his candidacy.
By Finfinder
Russia Collusion Wasn’t About Donald Trump, It Was Designed to Protect Hillary Clinton
Lee Smith
Lee Smith
December 16, 2020

Barack Obama’s spy chiefs never believed that Donald Trump was a Russian spy. The Trump-Russia collusion narrative originated as a diversionary tactic in the event emails from Hillary Clinton’s private email server went public. FBI Headquarters attached itself to the project, devoting manpower and resources to investigating Trump, when the Bureau learned that foreign intelligence services had her correspondence.

U.S. Attorney John Durham’s nearly two-year-long investigation into the origins of the FBI’s probe of the 2016 Trump campaign is, according to news reports, making “excellent progress” and expanding. The shape of the case has been clear for some time, as I reported in my 2019 book, “The Plot Against the President”: the Clinton campaign was worried about the candidate’s emails going public. The decision to protect her could not possibly be made by mid-level FBI field agents and lawyers but only by senior U.S. officials.

This week a former senior intelligence official in the Obama administration confirmed to me that in the lead-up to the 2016 election, elements of the U.S. intelligence community informed the FBI that the Democratic candidate’s emails had been compromised. “They concluded that there were approximately 30,000 emails in the possession of foreign entities,” said the former Obama official. “The FBI was provided with digital copies of some of the emails and then evaluated them, determining their veracity and identifying what sensitive issues were being addressed. The FBI had been informed of this prior to James Comey’s press conference exonerating Clinton.”

With this new information, it is clear that the FBI ran a two-part cover-up on behalf of Clinton. The first part was the year-long investigation into her use of a private server, called “Midyear Exam,” which began July 10, 2015, and would inevitably exculpate her. Obama’s Justice Department was never going to indict his chosen successor.

The second part, “Crossfire Hurricane,” was designed to deflect attention from the contents of her emails in the event they leaked—the American secrets or corrupt Clinton Foundation deals they might disclose—by fabricating another issue: Trump was in league with the Russians, who leaked the emails on his behalf. After Trump’s election, collusion became a weapon to bludgeon the president with over the next four years. “It is my understanding,” says the former Obama intelligence official, “that the FBI still has Clinton’s emails, unless they have made them disappear.”

The two parts of the FBI’s Clinton cover-up meshed seamlessly. On July 5, 2016, the same day that Comey cleared the former secretary of state of charges of mishandling classified information, Clinton campaign contractor Christopher Steele first pushed Trump-Russia collusion reports to FBI agent Michael Gaeta.

MOST READ
Russia Collusion Wasn’t About Donald Trump, It Was Designed to Protect Hillary Clinton
Recount Confirms Trump Won Michigan County That Reported Biden Win on Election Night
The FBI seemed to have become aware several months earlier that her emails had been compromised and was already planning the second leg of its cover-up before it had concluded the first. On May 4, FBI agent Peter Strzok texted FBI lawyer Lisa Page “Now the pressure really starts to finish [Midyear Exam].” Page texted back: “It sure does.”

I asked the former Obama official why the FBI’s interests dovetailed with those of the Clinton campaign. Was the Bureau concerned that its counterintelligence mission would be tarnished with Clinton’s emails in possession of a foreign spy service? “They were on Team Hillary,” says the former Obama official. “They didn’t care about their mission. According to John Brennan’s handwritten notes, Russia knew what the Clinton campaign was doing with its Russia collusion plan. The FBI must have also known Russia knew and went ahead with it anyway. And then Brennan used it as the basis of the January 2017 intelligence community assessment, even though the Russians knew it was based on a fabrication.”

Government documents further substantiate the assessment that the purpose of Crossfire Hurricane was to defend against the potential release of Clinton’s emails and protect her candidacy.

RELATED
Hillary Clinton’s Emails Were Sent to Gmail Address Similar to Name of Chinese Company
Hillary Clinton’s Emails Were Sent to Gmail Address Similar to Name of Chinese Company
In an Aug. 20, 2016 interview with Carter Page documented in the DOJ’s inspector general’s report, the FBI’s confidential human source Stefan Halper probed the Trump aide to find out if the “Trump campaign could access information that might have been obtained by the Russians.” When Page asked if he was referring to Clinton’s “‘33 thousand’ emails,” Halper replied, “the Russians have all that don’t they?” Page said he didn’t know.

Halper was the source FBI lawyer Lisa Page was referring to in her July 2018 congressional testimony. When asked about the text exchange between her and Strzok regarding an “insurance policy,” she told House members the Crossfire Hurricane team was debating whether or not to “burn sources.” She explained the thinking was that if Trump “is not going to be President, then we don’t need to burn longstanding sources.”

Had the FBI been truly concerned Trump was a Russian asset, his chances of electoral success would have been irrelevant in deciding the course of the investigation. The FBI’s concern rather was to protect Clinton’s candidacy—did they need an “insurance policy” in addition to Steele’s reports to ascertain whether her opponent’s campaign had access to the correspondence a foreign spy service lifted from Clinton’s unsecured server?

In light of this information, it’s hard not to question the Justice Department’s decisions to delay until after the November election the investigation of Crossfire Hurricane and announcement of an investigation of Hunter Biden. Were senior U.S. law enforcement officials once again protecting the campaign of their preferred candidate?

Lee Smith is the author of the recently published book, “The Permanent Coup: How Enemies Foreign and Domesti
By jimjam
The most stunning thing about Russia’s latest hack of 18,000 computer networks—including those of at least six federal agencies, including the State Department, the Homeland Security Department, and the National Nuclear Security Administration—is not how sophisticated the attack was. It’s that these sorts of attacks are still happening—are still possible, in some cases easy—and that months can go by with nobody noticing them.

In the wake of news of Russia’s massive cyber-intrusion into a swath of private and public networks, including, alarmingly, agencies controlling the nuclear stockpile, the main lacuna of the story, as it has been for four years, is the president’s subservient relationship with Russia. Trump, though, has said nothing. He has mentioned Russia a few times since news broke of its massive operation, but only in the context of complaining about “the Russia hoax.”

In 2017 trump boasted that he had discussed forming a joint cybersecurity unit with Putin, the very person who is trying to penetrate American cybersecurity.Trump is surrounded by supporters whose interest in the Russia question is wholly partisan. They would love for him to own the libs by making a forceful statement against some of Putin’s acts of internal violence or aggressive hacking. That Trump can’t bring himself to do it tells us a great deal.

Trump did not respond publicly as his former homeland security adviser Thomas P. Bossert said the "magnitude of this ongoing attack is hard to overstate" and noted that Trump was "on the verge of leaving behind a federal government, and perhaps a large number of major industries, compromised by the Russian government."
By jimjam
Hours after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told a conservative radio show host that “we can say pretty clearly that it was the Russians” behind the vast hack of the federal government and American industry, he was contradicted on Saturday by President Trump. Trump also played down the severity of the hack, saying “everything is well under control.” :eek: (Reminds me of: “on November 4 you won’t hear anything about it (Covid)" D.J.Trump)

Trump’s comments on Saturday had echoes of his stance toward the hacks during 2016 presidential campaign, when he contradicted intelligence findings to claim it was China, or a “400 pound” person “sitting on his bed,” not Russia, who interfered in that election. Two years later, Mr. Trump’s own Justice Department indicted 12 Russian intelligence officers.

“Never has there been a President working so hard to provide cover for Russia,” said Clint Watts, a former F.B.I. special agent and Russian information warfare expert at the Foreign Policy Research Institute.

Until Mr. Pompeo, who ran the C.I.A. for the first two years of the Trump administration, made his assessment in an interview on “The Mark Levin Show,” the administration had all but ignored the attack in public — perhaps realizing that an administration that came into office on the heels of Russian interference in the 2016 election was leaving as the victim of one of Russia’s most well-executed cyberattacks.
By jimjam
Donald Trump was cultivated as a Russian asset over 40 years and proved so willing to parrot anti-western propaganda that there were celebrations in Moscow, a former KGB spy has told the Guardian.

Yuri Shvets, posted to Washington by the Soviet Union in the 1980s, compares the former US president to “the Cambridge five”, the British spy ring that passed secrets to Moscow during the second world war and early cold war.

Then, in 1987, Trump and Ivana visited Moscow and St Petersburg for the first time. Shvets said he was fed KGB talking points and flattered by KGB operatives who floated the idea that he should go into politics.

The ex-major recalled: “For the KGB, it was a charm offensive. They had collected a lot of information on his personality so they knew who he was personally. The feeling was that he was extremely vulnerable intellectually, and psychologically, and he was prone to flattery.

“This is what they exploited. They played the game as if they were immensely impressed by his personality and believed this is the guy who should be the president of the United States one day: it is people like him who could change the world. They fed him these so-called active measures soundbites and it happened. So it was a big achievement for the KGB active measures at the time.”

Trump’s election win in 2016 was again welcomed by Moscow. Special counsel Robert Mueller did not establish a conspiracy between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. But the Moscow Project, an initiative of the Center for American Progress Action Fund, found the Trump campaign and transition team had at least 272 known contacts and at least 38 known meetings with Russia-linked operatives.
jimjam wrote:Donald Trump was cultivated as a Russian asset over 40 years and proved so willing to parrot anti-western propaganda that there were celebrations in Moscow, a former KGB spy has told the Guardian.

Bwhahahaha! 40 years ago, it was the Soviet Union. So you're going to tell us now that Trump is a communist, eh?

jimjam wrote:Yuri Shvets, posted to Washington by the Soviet Union in the 1980s, compares the former US president to “the Cambridge five”, the British spy ring that passed secrets to Moscow during the second world war and early cold war.

What do you think he told them? The secrets of how to build skyscrapers in New York City?

jimjam wrote:Then, in 1987, Trump and Ivana visited Moscow and St Petersburg for the first time. Shvets said he was fed KGB talking points and flattered by KGB operatives who floated the idea that he should go into politics.

Oh, so that's where he got the idea, huh?

jimjam wrote:Trump’s election win in 2016 was again welcomed by Moscow.

They must have just loved the sanctions Trump put on them, and for leaving the sanctions in place that Obama put on them too.

jimjam wrote:But the Moscow Project, an initiative of the Center for American Progress Action Fund, found the Trump campaign and transition team had at least 272 known contacts and at least 38 known meetings with Russia-linked operatives.

So you're saying that Robert Mueller and a bunch of Democrat donors turned prosecutors of the Trump campaign were totally incompetent? Had Mueller only hired the Center for American Progress Action Fund instead, they would have nailed Trump?

Is this what you really believe jimjam?
By jimjam
blackjack21 wrote:Is this what you really believe jimjam?

Well ….. until yesterday I did but, today, I purchased a half dozen AK-47's and joined the Republican party. I now believe that Democrats eat dead babies and are shooting laser beams down from outer space to start forest fires.

Confessions extracted under torture...seems legit.[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]