Another Black Man's death blamed on Police - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@Unthinking Majority

You are free to think whatever you want about me.

Regardless, if you really wish to discuss how policing and justice in the US creates negative impacts for black at a disproportionately rate, it makes more sense to discuss the causes than it does to question easily verifiable facts.

Now, there are (in my mind) two different sets of causes when we are looking at why US cops kill and assault so many black people:

1. Those causes that create such a high rate of police brutality and killings in the USA compared to other countries, and...

2. those causes that create an even higher rate of police brutality and killings for black people in the USA compared to white people.

Obviously, this is a simplified version of what is actually happening, but it helps us understand that the problem is actually a set of problems.
Unthinking Majority wrote:The cop lost his cool and didn't act very professional. He shouldn't have assaulted the person who was being annoying with the camera.

He grabbed the guy's arm to arrest him. Anyway, that guy is a fireman now, and probably a lot happier.

Crantag wrote:A question to Blackjack, by the way. Was that choke hold authorized?

Yes. He was very obviously resisting arrest. When you have four cops trying to arrest you and you are resisting that violently, a choke hold is necessary.

Crantag wrote:This one isn't as much of a political statement, but is sorta a funny video. It is a bit of an anecdote, but look at him go. Seems like PCP is a hell of a drug. Maybe I should try it, lol.

Like I say, they'll get people who break a leg and still run around like that. It makes you absolutely psychotic.

Crantag wrote:He had 4 cops on him, punched one in the face, roll kicked another and then shoulder slammed him. He beat up 2 cops with 4 cops on him. PCP is a hell of a drug, it would seem.

Yes. It's a dissociative drug. It antagonizes glutamate receptors such as n-methyl d-asparate (NMDA) and α-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxazolepropionic acid receptor (AMPA). Under normal levels, it potentiates the synaptic cleft and allows calcium ions to pass through. Calcium has a 2+ charge, so it is excitatory. When taking PCP, it blocks the process and creates a powerful dissociation. When a person starts coming off it, the build up of glutamic acid over potentiates the synaptic cleft and drives them pretty much batshit crazy.

Pants-of-dog wrote:If you live in the USA, you are more likely to be killed by cops.

Not compared to Brazil, for example. Venezuela is even worse. More people die in police custody in India than are killed by US police. On a population weighted basis, Central and South America are generally worse than the US.
I always find it amusing when US liberals (in the actual sense) pat themselves on the back for not being as bad as a few developing countries, while ignoring the fact that other (perhaps even more?) developing countries are doing better than them.
@blackjack21

I don't believe the choke hold was authorized. You can quote it to me from the handbook where it is though, if you want. Those sort of choke holds aren't authorized by most police forces, to my understanding. I could be wrong. Either way, you do love the taste of those police boots, as you sure like to lick those boots.
My black Minecraft character was killed by someone whose avatar was a cop. We smashed and burned down our community-built city in protest, looting all of the chests.

Afterwards we demanded a bailout from the larger collective of players. They came in and turned our former town into a gigantic crater full of those three-headed monsters.
Crantag wrote:@blackjack21

I don't believe the choke hold was authorized. You can quote it to me from the handbook where it is though, if you want. Those sort of choke holds aren't authorized by most police forces, to my understanding. I could be wrong. Either way, you do love the taste of those police boots, as you sure like to lick those boots.

You cannot "choke" the trachea, but a number of departments allow a carotid restraint which is what that was. Obviously, they are losing favor politically.
blackjack21 wrote:You cannot "choke" the trachea, but a number of departments allow a carotid restraint which is what that was. Obviously, they are losing favor politically.

I have a black belt in judo. He was choking the trachea. Blood chokes can be worse, and that was both, but it was primarily a trachea choke. The technical term for it is a bulldog choke (just joking, that's the technical term in MMA I guess).
Wulfschilde wrote:My black Minecraft character was killed by someone whose avatar was a cop. We smashed and burned down our community-built city in protest, looting all of the chests.

Afterwards we demanded a bailout from the larger collective of players. They came in and turned our former town into a gigantic crater full of those three-headed monsters.

What kind of dipshit loser plays mindcraft.
Crantag wrote:What kind of dipshit loser plays mindcraft.

Bro it's only the most popular game of all time. Why you gotta hate on Minecraft? What's next, you hate Jojo too?

Edit: Your next post will be, yes, Jojo is garbage.
Scamp wrote:The media just ignores the tens of thousands of Black on Black shootings. Not news.

But somehow a Black violent criminal suspect dies in Police custody.

National headlines.

White on black shooting isn't news worthy either.

I don't mean to make shit about race.

I'm a white, Lebanese, Jewish kid from Oregon.

I don't mean race in it, but it was pretty bullshit a black 19 year old kid, got shot and killed by a white 40 something in my town, and the news media wanted to talk about the murderer's go fund me.
I just find the senseless killing reprehensible, something happened close to me, this is an edited post. I guess I'm being really vague but I've said I'm from Oregon, and a murder occurred in Ashland last week, which I'm unhappy about, for obvious reasons.

Students can protest on campus, but they can't jus[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]