Paying My Respects to Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Doug64 wrote:The results of the last presidential election? Trump won majorities in thirty out of fifty states for a total Electoral College result of 304 to Clinton's 227. Though now, Trump might be the second president to win re-election with a lower percentage of the electoral vote count than his first one (Obama was the first to do so, I believe).

I like how you didn't realize that the joke you were making is that you're illiterate.

Drlee wrote:Why would we want to insult Nazi's?

Please, he's an avowed leftist who just thinks the left has gone too far and that the nazis happen to be right about everything. He's Tim Pool, basically.
SpecialOlympian wrote:he's an avowed leftist who just thinks the left has gone too far

I don't think the left has gone too far, I think there are a bunch of fakewad pmc yuppies posing as leftists waging corporate astroturf class war against working people under the guise of social justice identitarianism.
Sivad wrote:Maybe all these critical theory new class fancy lads do need to check their fucking privilege. Low rent white trash assholes like me never had any privilege to speak of but these fancy lad dildos are writing hate literature about us. :lol:

You think I ever had any privilege?

Here in Southern Oregon, is the child homelessness capital of America.

I have slept beside railroad tracks and on middle school rooftops.

I am barely hanging on right now, by fencing and logging.

Everything is fucked, dude. Don't join the dark forces. I know you are an individual, and have your own views, but really man. Come back to your senses, you seem to have some strange views.
Last edited by Crantag on 20 Sep 2020 08:15, edited 1 time in total.
Well the Democrats are warning Republicans of retaliation if they fill Ruth's seat on the Supreme Court by expanding the size of the court if they win these upcoming elections.

Manu Raju of CNN wrote:Senate Democrats, lacking votes to stop President Donald Trump's pick to fill the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat, are weighing an array of tactics to battle back -- ranging from bringing the chamber to a screeching halt this year to pushing legislation to expand the court if they win the majority in the fall.

Democrats began discussing their options on Saturday, with senators all vowing a furious fight to keep the seat vacant until next year when a new Senate convenes and when Joe Biden may occupy the White House. And while no specific course of action was detailed, Democrats said they were united on this: They planned to engage in an all-out battle to stop the nomination in its tracks by pressuring four Republicans to break ranks.

"Mitch McConnell believes that this fight is over. What Mitch McConnell does not understand is this fight has just begun," said Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat, speaking at a Ginsburg vigil on Saturday.

First, Democrats want to stop the nomination, and they are considering taking unusual steps to bottle up all business in the Senate to drag out the proceedings as long as possible, senators said. Under the rules, which require the chamber to operate by unanimous consent, Democrats can object to routine business of the day and essentially ground the chamber to a halt.

McConnell could eventually get around such stall tactics if he has the support of 51 senators, but they could drag out the proceedings.
And if the Democrats ultimately fail to stop the nominee, they are indicating that they may push legislation to expand the Supreme Court by adding additional seats to retaliate against what they view as Republicans' heavy-handed tactics.

It's an option that has picked up increased interest in the wake of Ginsburg's death -- and one that Democratic leaders are not ruling out.
"We basically have kept options open," Senate Minority Whip Dick Durbin told CNN's Newsroom anchor Ana Cabrera Saturday night when asked about adding more seats to the court.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/19/politics ... index.html
Crantag wrote:I am ready for the war that the Trump Death Cultists like to claim the Left wants. Fuck all of you. Come at me, bros. I'm prepared, but you probably have to run to your dialysis appointment and are probably too obese to walk far out the door. Fuck you, cult members. Come at me bros.

Wow, the meltdowns. It's like, I sort of want to try and help but I'll just be called a Nazi by someone who is so uncultured he doesn't know what Jojo is.

Your next post will be: "I didn't read your post."

I personally would bet that the left is either rioted out already or that the public will have no sympathy for any new shenanigans and protests. They've used up all of their tantrum credits.

Seriously, 99% of these people have never read a Supreme Court opinion.
Wulfschilde wrote:Wow, the meltdowns. It's like, I sort of want to try and help but I'll just be called a Nazi by someone who is so uncultured he doesn't know what Jojo is.

Your next post will be: "I didn't read your post."

I personally would bet that the left is either rioted out already or that the public will have no sympathy for any new shenanigans and protests. They've used up all of their tantrum credits.

Seriously, 99% of these people have never read a Supreme Court opinion.

In the words of maz, i am going to try to chill the fuck out.

I was really stressed out for some days there, watching my hometown burn down.

What's Jojo? You can educate me.

I'm not a big gamer, if it's a game.

Ever heard of Disco Elysium?

The most amazing game which I ever played. Check it out. I dabble in gaming now and than, but I'm not a big gamer.
Crantag wrote:In the words of maz, i am going to try to chill the fuck out.

I was really stressed out for some days there, watching my hometown burn down.

What's Jojo? You can educate me.

I'm not a big gamer, if it's a game.

Ever heard of Disco Elysium?

The most amazing game which I ever played. Check it out. I dabble in gaming now and than, but I'm not a big gamer.

It's an anime/manga that is really good half the time and really cringe the other half of the time. Glad you are chilling out.

I am not done making fun of the meltdowns yet though. Like, this was originally directed at you but I'm not stopping just because you are more chill now, I already wrote it out and everything.

"Okay so I have never read an opinion by RBG but we need to BURN THIS MOTHERFUCKER DOWN if we don't get what we want!"

"She surely wouldn't have wanted you to do that but more tacitly, you already burned all of your shit down."

"Come at me bro, come at me!"

"That's not how this works."

Related:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/19/ruth ... pick-2016/

In 2016 RGB said that the President doesn't stop being the President in his last year and that a new judge should be appointed.
Wulfschilde wrote:It's an anime/manga that is really good half the time and really cringe the other half of the time. Glad you are chilling out.

I am not done making fun of the meltdowns yet though. Like, this was originally directed at you but I'm not stopping just because you are more chill now, I already wrote it out and everything.

"Okay so I have never read an opinion by RBG but we need to BURN THIS MOTHERFUCKER DOWN if we don't get what we want!"

"She surely wouldn't have wanted you to do that but more tacitly, you already burned all of your shit down."

"Come at me bro, come at me!"

"That's not how this works."

Related:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/19/ruth ... pick-2016/

In 2016 RGB said that the President doesn't stop being the President in his last year and that a new judge should be appointed.

Sounds like the makings of a screenplay, you got going there. Keep writing.
Sivad wrote:Well that's Ortardian. :lol:

One of my lesser brethren got himself brainwashed into the woketard cult. He went off to college and that was the last anyone ever saw of him.

I don't actually think you are racist.

Sorry for that, dude, and that is a real apology, I mean it.

I have never seen evidence of you being racist, and I was talking out of my ass.
Yeah sorry your home burned down bro. I hope they catch the AntiFA who probably did it.

Along with RGB saying that a replacement should be picked in this situation in 2016, the Democrats certainly thought so too the last time this happened:

Looking forward to the #DoYourJob hashtags when Democrats do the thing that they were against while crying about hypocrisy.
Wulfschilde wrote:Yeah sorry your home burned down bro. I hope they catch the AntiFA who probably did it.

Along with RGB saying that a replacement should be picked in this situation in 2016, the Democrats certainly thought so too the last time this happened:

Looking forward to the #DoYourJob hashtags when Democrats do the thing that they were against while crying about hypocrisy.

Imma smoke a big fat bowl, and keep chilling, and being calm and relaxed. It was Fukushima which really fucked me up. I was in the middle of it. This fire shit, was pretty bad. At least there were no plutonium rods present.

My house didn't burn down. I did evacuate, in the middle of the night.

A bunch of friends lost their homes. And I watched my hometown burn down for 5 days. I live on a mountain. I had a good vantage point.

I have too many stories to recount honestly, but one story was sitting on my mountain with 2 friends, who are a couple, and we watched their house burn down through binoculars.

I evacuated to a lake, figured I can jump in the water, the lake probably won't boil. I came back to find my house still standing the next day. We were under evacuation alert but not evacuation orders at the time. I watched the fire creep closer and closer, toward the ridge line. If it jump the ridge line it would just run up the hill. I decided fuck this, I'm out.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Everything is good here, @wat0n :)

For those who apparently did not see this post pro[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]