Politically correct vocabulary is not progressive or honest - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

QatzelOk wrote:And in mass media products, like rap videos, that reach the maximum number of people.

Who are supposed to be "brothers" or "members of the klan" or simply fans. But you're not supposed to use it if you're outside that circle, especially if you're white. As a matter of fact whites are banned from using it, or even hearing it perhaps. What if you just make up bogus ideas sometimes?
Beren wrote:Who are supposed to be "brothers" or "members of the klan" or simply fans. But you're not supposed to use it if you're outside that circle, especially if you're white. As a matter of fact whites are banned from using it, or even hearing it perhaps. What if you just make up bogus ideas sometimes?

Rap music with lots of un-PC vocabulary, is the most popular choice of rich white guys driving expensive boom cars.

They like to "keep it real" while driving around at high speed in their own personal roller-coaster rides. "Real" for them, means that "I am a victim! And I deserve a giant SUV and expensive clothing because of this!"
QatzelOk wrote:Rap music with lots of un-PC vocabulary, is the most popular choice of rich white guys driving expensive boom cars.

They're just supposed to be playing black gangsters or rap heroes. However, your basic idea was that white college students invented "African American" to replace the N-word because they wanted us to forget slavery and its historic lessons. Meanwhile, they actually did it because they found it racist and offensive and saw how much blacks were irritated by it. I wonder if blacks had called each other N***** before it became non-pc and whites got virtually banned from using it.
Beren wrote:They're just supposed to be playing black gangsters or rap heroes. However, your basic idea was that white college students invented "African American" to replace the N-word because they wanted us to forget slavery and its historic lessons. Meanwhile, they actually did it because they found it racist and offensive and saw how much blacks were irritated by it. I wonder if blacks had called each other N***** before it became non-pc and whites got virtually banned from using it.

Yes, they saw how reminders of their former slavery... often lead to some kind of "uneasiness" among black students. So, just to make sure that all their contemporaries in their college dorms were acting like characters from a Disney movie, they renamed their former slave populations "African-Americans" as if this was any better than admitting to slavery.

African-Americans are poorer and spend a greater part of their lives in prison today, then they did back when N-word was used much more frequently. So this "strategy" didn't improve the lives of our victims at all.

This is much the same way that recyling tuna cans has not slowed down the destruction of the environment at all.

Both of these are just "feel good" programs for ineffective lower-class people living in pretend-democracies.
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, they saw how reminders of their former slavery... often lead to some kind of "uneasiness" among black students. So, just to make sure that all their contemporaries in their college dorms were acting like characters from a Disney movie, they renamed their former slave populations "African-Americans" as if this was any better than admitting to slavery.

As I said before "African American" clearly refers or admits to slavery, it's just not how slave holders called their slaves. I wonder if how "Caucasian" refers to anything else than a dog breed, on the other hand.
Beren wrote:As I said before "African American" clearly refers or admits to slavery, it's just not how slave holders called their slaves. I wonder if how "Caucasian" refers to anything else than a dog breed, on the other hand.

It refers to the exact same population that was refered to by the N-word.

The word was changed because of the horrible history of Americans and "others."

It was advertised as "a healthier, fairer new word," but what it really did was allowed insulated suburban white college students to forget their own past. That way, they could believe all the feel-good lies about how much positive good they, as the rich offsrping of mercenaries, were going to "do to the world"" :roll:
Beren wrote:Sure, Qatz, white PC college students are totally unaware of their history and don't feel any guilt for it. Is this what you mean to say? :lol:

By using "African American," they are able to pretend that the entire world re-starts from now.

This allows them to keep their entitlement.

This is the most important thing in their lives. Preserving their special advantages over others.
QatzelOk wrote:By using "African American," they are able to pretend that the entire world re-starts from now.

This allows them to keep their entitlement.

This is the most important thing in their lives. Preserving their special advantages over others.

So they should rather use the N-word? Is that how they should call their black mates not to pretend that the entire world is restarting? :lol:

Also, @QatzelOk, your ability and willingness to come up with whatever bullshit idea and then stick to it like a bitch just because you happen to hate someone or something so much is amazing.
Beren wrote:So they should rather use the N-word?

Of course not! If I use an incorrect word, it will show upper-middle class college students that I am from a different class than themselves, and this means that they don't have to listen to anything I have to say.

That's how PC policing works. Only upper-middle-class students and TV characters reading well-scripted lines, get anyone's attention.

your ability and willingness to come up with whatever bullshit idea and then stick to it like a bitch just because you happen to hate someone or something so much is amazing.

In this case, what I am "hating" is the way that a finishing-school vocabulary was introduced in the 80s and 90s, as a way of eliminating working class opinions from "the narrative."

And like most repression campaigns in the Propaganda Age, it was labeled "progressive and inclusive." Just like the bombing of Gaza.
Beren wrote:upper-middle class college students.

Not at all. A banal group of ordinary people trying to get nicer stuff than other people.

Not worthy of hate.

But the stupid political trends that are created to maintain the hegemony of this undeserving clique... is worth hating, if you have love in your heart.

See, by cutting off people who don't have the same finishing-school vocabularies from having a voice, PC vocabulary policing is a way of destroying democracy and ensuring that vapid, entitled social-climbers continue to rule like royalty over people who are wiser and more worldly than they are.

This is a social disaster. But the very ordinary people who fill the designer clothing and SUVs of this class are not "hateful" in their everyday manners or behavior. Their politics, on the other hand, are guillotine-lubricating.
QatzelOk wrote:Not at all. A banal group of ordinary people trying to get nicer stuff than other people.

Not worthy of hate.

Like people hate because the thing they hate is worth hating and it doesn't come spontaneously to them whether it's worth it or not. I'm glad though that you realised how banal your hatred is and it also doesn't look good, so you should rather stop it or hide it at least.

QatzelOk wrote:But the stupid political trends that are created to maintain the hegemony of this undeserving clique... is worth hating, if you have love in your heart.

Sure, Qatz, if you have love in your heart, then you must hate, and your really big heart is filled with so much love for ordinary working class people and the earth that you're entitled to a really big quota for hatred, right? And your hatred is also smart, rational, objective and calculated, it's not like the mindless hatred of the dumb, it just keeps you on the edge, so thus necessary. I admit that hatred can be justified, or rather understandable, but don't justify it with love, please, because it's just Orwellian. However, hatred never does any good anyway, it only makes you come up with ridiculous bullshit ideas that makes you ridiculous too.
Beren wrote:a bunch of words that add up to "you hater!"

Poor systemic trends need to be altered with some sense or urgency, and this means stepping on toes because of natural NIMBYism.

If you call this process of identifying social problems and acting to change them "hate," then you are probably enrolled in a Libertarian school house on a prairie full of Scottish Calvinists burning witches.

Not my cup of tea.

(Relevant content:
Notice how all those smear words changed the conversation without adding any content related to your particular situation? This is because they're just words. Your life has not been altered by them in any way.)
QatzelOk wrote:you are probably enrolled in a Libertarian school house on a prairie full of Scottish Calvinists burning witches.

Not my cup of tea.

Calvinism could actually fit you while leading a primitivist farming collective. Would burning "witches" caught on trying to reinvent some technology by supposedly evil practices be your cup of tea then?
Beren wrote:Calvinism could actually fit you while leading a primitivist farming collective. Would burning "witches" caught on trying to reinvent some technology by supposedly evil practices be your cup of tea then?

Both pyres and witchcraft... are technologies.
Beren wrote:Would you prefer stoning then? :lol:

The language and social organization that "stoning" technology requires... are both technologies themselves.

As are stoning and public shaming. No group can do these things without "words" and "language."

But they can still enjoy great sex. (not a technology)

Post relevance:

PC vocabulary is another technology that was created because of other failed technologies like nationalism and social cliques with an ideology.

And using PC words to describe the disintegration of our temporary societies doesn't help anyone except the oligarchs who don't care about the collective well-being of the group.

Some technologies are just a new PC word for an old, tired concept.

"Work from home" replaces "house arrest."

"Lockdown" replaces "fascism."

"Concerned" replaces "scared all the time."

"Medicated" replaces "drugged by the state."
Beren wrote:See? You couldn't do anything about the return of technology without technology. ;)

Once again, your vocabulary is dishonest and seeks to "prove" certain things by using particular words that seem to "prove" things just by being used in sentences.

Words like "logical," "modern," and "appropriate" are often used to mean "definitely correct and superior to other approaches." They signal this just by being used, in much the same way that a bigoted, racist politician can look PC just by reading the correct PC words off a teleprompteur.

This type of snake-oil narrative is typically used to sell useless products to gullible "word"-believers.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]