Louisville To Announce Results Of Breonna Taylor Grand Jury Investigation; National Guard Activated - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
One officer charged with 3 counts of 1st degree wanton endangerment in Breonna Taylor case

The announcement comes more than six months after Breonna Taylor was killed inside her apartment.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The grand jury is expected to announce a decision in the Breonna Taylor case to Jefferson County Circuit Judge Annie O'Connell Wednesday at 1:15 p.m. Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron has announced a press conference following the grand jury's decision at 1:30 p.m.

Editor's note: This story will be continually updated below. Refresh often for the latest update. All times listed in Eastern Time.

It has been nearly 200 days since Breonna Taylor was shot and killed inside her Louisville apartment by Louisville Metro police officers. According to LMPD, officers were executing a no-knock search warrant at Taylor's apartment as part of a drug investigation.

Taylor's boyfriend Kenneth Walker admittedly fired towards the door thinking it was a break-in. His shot hit officer Johnathan Mattingly in the leg. Officer Myles Cosgrove and former officer Brett Hankison opened fire into the apartment. Taylor was struck multiple times.

Cameron was asked to start an investigation into the incident on May 13. A month later, on June 18 Cameron held his first public news conference about the investigation. He asked for patience.

"An investigation of this magnitude, when done correctly, requires time and patience. However, I can assure you at the end of our investigation, we will do what is right. We will find the truth," Cameron said.

WHAS11 will begin live coverage at 1 p.m. Bookmark this page and watch in the video above or view it on our YouTube channel.

Dropping the link to Twitter for relevant updates and content:

National Guard activated and curfew implemented in Louisville ahead of Breonna Taylor investigation announcement.

Police are getting shot now. Apparently gun violence is no big deal now because media outlets appear to be disinterested in who the shooting suspect(s) are.

I didn't know anything about the case until today. Apparently the police actually didn't perform a no-knock raid as the media has been inaccurately stating for six months straight. I guess that didn't stop the Biden campaign from ignoring the facts and continuing perpetrating this false claim.

Kentucky AG denies cops executed ‘no-knock warrant’ in Breonna Taylor case

Two cops shot. Is it true she was in on the drug dealing operation?

These chuds pretending that you can distinguish between people in a room when someone in there is shooting at you, as if drug dealers don't deserve to get shot anyway.
maz wrote:I didn't know anything about the case until today. Apparently the police actually didn't perform a no-knock raid as the media has been inaccurately stating for six months straight. I guess that didn't stop the Biden campaign from ignoring the facts and continuing perpetrating this false claim.

Actually, it seems the cops did have a no-knock warrant, so the reports of that are indeed accurate. What was not reported, probably because the press wasn't informed because it was evidence presented to the grand jury, is that the police serving it chose not to treat it as a no-knock warrant even though they had the right to. So basically, these "mostly peaceful protestors" are attacking the police because a couple of officers were fired upon in the performance of their duty, fired back in self-defense, and their attacker's girlfriend was caught in the crossfire. They ought to be holding the boyfriend responsible, not the police he attacked.
Doug64 wrote: So basically, these "mostly peaceful protestors" are attacking the police because a couple of officers were fired upon in the performance of their duty, fired back in self-defense, and their attacker's girlfriend was caught in the crossfire. They ought to be holding the boyfriend responsible, not the police he attacked.

The cops supplied false information to obtain a warrant and then killed a woman while executing that bogus warrant by firing recklessly into a residence without even knowing who or how many people were in there. The acquittal is a fucking travesty.
Sivad wrote:The cops supplied false information to obtain a warrant and then killed a woman while executing that bogus warrant by firing recklessly into a residence without even knowing who or how many people were in there. The acquittal is a fucking travesty.

I agree. So too would any rioting be a travesty, a travesty against innocent people just like Breonna Taylor was.

I am a firm believer in law and order. But unjust acts or failure to act on the part of officials are not law and order and even criminal itself. With power comes responsibility, duty.
annatar1914 wrote:I agree. So too would any rioting be a travesty, a travesty against innocent people just like Breonna Taylor was.

I don't know about that, anybody who knows how corrupt these cities are and how the kleptocracies that run them work knows that there is plenty of good cause to burn them all down. If those innocent people didn't want their shit looted and burned down they should have cleaned up their cities a long time ago. When you let the fuckards hold sway you stop being innocent. I don't have a problem with the rioting, I have a problem with the yuppie shitstains and the corporate billionaires behind these particular riots.
It was them white nationalists gov'na, I swear on me mum.

Some of the liberal logic on display in this thread:
1) Cops should have to run away without firing back if they get shot at.
2) Refuses to actually read the news in order to understand the situation regarding the warrant and the suspects.
3) Drug dealers do not deserve to get shot (see #2).
Doug64 wrote:Actually, it seems the cops did have a no-knock warrant, so the reports of that are indeed accurate. What was not reported, probably because the press wasn't informed because it was evidence presented to the grand jury, is that the police serving it chose not to treat it as a no-knock warrant even though they had the right to.

I think you are incorrect. The cops who killed Breonna Taylor did not announce themselves as police. They did not knock. They literally broke in.

So basically, these "mostly peaceful protestors" are attacking the police because a couple of officers were fired upon in the performance of their duty, fired back in self-defense,

The police did not fire at the shooter. They fired indiscriminately into the building, endangering everyone in the building and killing an innocent woman.

and their attacker's girlfriend was caught in the crossfire. They ought to be holding the boyfriend responsible, not the police he attacked.

You are now arguing that a person in their home should be charged with a crime for defending his home with a gun. I assume you also do not support stand your ground laws or castle doctrine.
Pants-of-dog wrote:I think you are incorrect. The cops who killed Breonna Taylor did not announce themselves as police. They did not knock. They literally broke in.

During the trial, a neighbor said they both knocked and announced themselves. Others said they did knock but without announcing themselves, something even her boyfriend is alleging.
Wulfschilde wrote:
Some of the liberal logic on display in this thread:
1) Cops should have to run away without firing back if they get shot at.
2) Refuses to actually read the news in order to understand the situation regarding the warrant and the suspects.
3) Drug dealers do not deserve to get shot (see #2).

blatant idiocy.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Breonna Taylor was not a “thug”

Breonna Taylor was freely associating with thugs. I'm not saying she deserved to die but when you choose to live in that world that's just the risk you run. None of that changes the fact that those crooked ass narco cops lied to get a warrant and then shot up an apartment complex with total disregard for human life.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

There seems to be no counter argument to the clai[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]