Undocumented Aliens and Crime - Page 22 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I see our Mormon friend continues to make his racist posts. Perhaps he can't help it.
Drlee wrote:I see our Mormon friend continues to make his racist posts. Perhaps he can't help it.

I see you still haven't given up your need to make it all about race instead of law, crime, and responsibility for avoidable injury. Perhaps you can't help it.
Doug64 wrote:Are you still making that claim? The last time you tried to give an example of Breitbart lying, it turned out the reporting was a spot-on example of how reporting is supposed to be done.

No, the last time we discussed it, I quoted a news article where the arresting officer in the case directly contradicted the Breitbrat article.

The fact that you misread it is not an argument.

(Those who wish to understand what Doug64 and I are arguing about here: https://www.politifact.com/california/s ... bout-dead/ )

Breitbrat also accused the Guardian of lying about immigration, but it turns out the Guardian was telling the truth. If the Guardian was telling the truth, then Breitbrat’s version of the truth was probably not the truth.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ight-trump

And then there are the leaked emails that show how a senior trump advisor colluded with Breitbrat to portray immigrants as criminals, which would then support the policies of the advisor. People have demanded that this advisor be fired because of the racist views expressed in the emails.

https://www.newsweek.com/stephen-miller ... on-1473955

So, please explain why you trust this source that has been known to lie, has colluded with racist government officials, and perpetuates a racist paradigm. Thanks.
It's been awhile since I've posted anything here, the Wuhan virus pandemic kinda sucked all the oxygen out of the room. But life moves on, and things are slowly getting back to normal, so, here's how the politicians running New York City think they should protect their citizens:

Illegal immigrant released by police 10 times under N.Y. sanctuary policies now in federal custody

Federal agents say they finally have caught an undocumented immigrant they’ve been after for several years but who was released 10 times by police in New York under sanctuary city policies.

Jhonny Soto-Ubaldo was arrested on federal gun charges this month, giving U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement a new chance to place a detainer on him requesting he be turned over for deportation after his time in the federal prison system is over.

And this time it’s likely to be honored, since New York is not part of the equation.

ICE says New York police departments had Mr. Soto-Ubaldo in their custody at least 10 times dating to June 2018, when he was first arrested in Queens. But he was released despite an ICE request that he be turned over.

Two months later, he was again arrested on local charges and then released without ICE being notified. In 2019, he was arrested six times, with ICE requesting notice each time of his release and authorities defying the requests.

Two more arrests came this year on charges of possession of stolen property and assault.

His full rap sheet in New York also includes arrests for harassment, grand larceny and firearms charges.

“How can local politicians — in good conscience — say they’re protecting their constituents when they pass laws that release criminals back into our communities?” said Thomas Decker, director of deportation operations in the New York field office.

Mr. Soto-Ubaldo, 19, is a citizen of the Dominican Republic. ICE says he entered the U.S. on a six-month visitor’s visa in 2016 but didn’t leave when his time was up.

New York City’s sanctuary policy prohibits police from cooperating with ICE unless someone has been convicted of charges the city considers serious.

Mr. Ubaldo-Soto’s rap sheet does not appear to have met the city’s threshold for cooperation, allowing him to be out on the streets until the federal government intervened.

The FBI picked up Mr. Soto-Ubaldo this month after local police were again tracking him, saying they found his fingerprints on the door of a stolen Jeep Grand Cherokee.

When detectives closed in, he ran, tossing a bag into a construction site as he fled, according to court documents. Police caught him, then recovered the bag and found a .380 caliber Bersa Thunder pistol with the serial number scratched off.

That earned him the federal charge of possessing a firearm with an altered serial number.

Mr. Soto-Ubaldo then escaped briefly from FBI custody, according to local news reports.

He was being taken to a federal detention center when he managed to get out of a moving car. A woman told WABC-TV that her mother-in-law spotted him in her backyard and chased him off with a meat cleaver.

He was later found hiding under bed sheets in a man’s apartment.
@Pants-of-dog, right, because pointing out all the crimes inflicted on the innocent—whether here legally or not—because the Left is fighting to prevent law enforcement, both local and federal, from doing their jobs is racist. As usual, throwing out ad hominem attacks in order to avoid acknowledging reality.
Last edited by Doug64 on 24 Sep 2020 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Doug64 wrote:@Pants-of-dog, right, because pointing out all the crimes inflicted on the innocent—whether here legally or—because the Left is fighting to prevent law enforcement, both local and federal, from doing their jobs is racist. As usual, throwing out ad hominem attacks in order to avoid acknowledging reality.

Would you like me to explain how it is racist?
@Pants-of-dog, you and Drlee have already tried and failed to excuse the inexcusable.
@Doug64

So you understand that this thread perpetuates racist stereotypes about Latinos and Hispanics, and uses questionable sources to support said racist stereotypes. And that these same racist stereotypes have been shown to be incorrect by actual science.

And you continue to add to this racist thread despite having this explained to you.

Okay.

As long as we all know why this 5read is racist.
@Pants-of-dog, no, I don’t understand how highlighting the crimes committed by those people the Leftist elites are refusing to prevent from illegally entering our country or deport once they are here “perpetuates racial stereotypes.”

@Rancid, what’s funny about being LDS?
Doug64 wrote:@Pants-of-dog, no, I don’t understand how highlighting the crimes committed by those people the Leftist elites are refusing to prevent from illegally entering our country or deport once they are here “perpetuates racial stereotypes.”

@Rancid, what’s funny about being LDS?

I just explained how it is racist. What part of my explanation did you find confusing or incorrect?

Again, these articles perpetuate the racist stereotype that Latinos and Hispanics are criminals.

Again, these articles all come from questionable sources, and some of these sources have ties to government who asked for these articles to be pushed so that the government could then enact more draconian policies.

Again, these myths (that Latino immigrants bring crime) have been disproved by science.

So if you keep spreading the stories, the only reason would be to spread the incorrect idea that Latinos are generally criminals.
@Rancid, no problem.

@Pants-of-dog, no, you haven’t explained how highlighting the crimes committed by those people the Leftist elites are refusing to prevent from illegally entering our country or deport once they are here “perpetuates racial stereotypes.” So please do. While you’re at it, please explain how expressing concern about crime inflicted on poor Blacks “perpetuates racial stereotypes.”

The simple fact of the matter is that the race/ethnicity of the undocumented aliens that commit the crimes is irrelevant.
@Doug64

I am sorry, but are you saying that you do not understand how telling people stories about how Latinos are criminals does not make people think that Latinos are generally criminals?

Okay .

People are impressionable.
They believe something if you keep repeating it to them.
This thing you keep repeating does not have to be true.

History has examples of this: Nazis spreading claims about Jews, US conservatives during the civil rights era who portrayed black men as savage rapists.
@Pants-of-dog, if we were to stop talking about political issues because people might draw false conclusions, we’d have to shut down this site. For instance, your automatic conflating of undocumented aliens and Hispanics. The articles I’ve been posting aren’t about how Latinos are criminals, they’re about the cost in lives and property inflicted on us by criminals that, as undocumented aliens, shouldn’t be here in the first place, and about the Leftists that are fighting to allow them in and prevent their deportation.

So tell me, do you think that any discussion of the level of murders suffered by Blacks and what should be done about it “perpetuates racial stereotypes”?
Doug64 wrote:@Pants-of-dog, if we were to stop talking about political issues because people might draw false conclusions, we’d have to shut down this site.

I completely agree.

That does not make this thread any less racist.

For instance, your automatic conflating of undocumented aliens and Hispanics. The articles I’ve been posting aren’t about how Latinos are criminals,

Have any of the articles not been about Latinos and Hispanics and their criminal behavior?

they’re about the cost in lives and property inflicted on us by criminals that, as undocumented aliens, shouldn’t be here in the first place, and about the Leftists that are fighting to allow them in and prevent their deportation.

That stuff is also mentioned, but since the mention of these things does not stop these same "articles" from perpetuating racist stereotypes, these things seem to merely justify the aforementioned racism.

So tell me, do you think that any discussion of the level of murders suffered by Blacks and what should be done about it “perpetuates racial stereotypes”?

Not at all. But many people do not want to look at actual causes of homicide. They simply mention that blacks are disproportionately convicted, and leave it at that. I am glad we agree that a more in depth analysis is required.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Not at all. But many people do not want to look at actual causes of homicide. They simply mention that blacks are disproportionately convicted, and leave it at that. I am glad we agree that a more in depth analysis is required.

I’m glad you acknowledge that, now apply the same critical thinking to stories about criminal undocumented aliens and the determination by the Left to prevent any attempts to keep them out of the country or deport them when they’re caught.
Doug64 wrote:I’m glad you acknowledge that, now apply the same critical thinking to stories about criminal undocumented aliens

Okay.

I note that the articles provide no discussion about the causes of crime.

They also ignore any discussion about whether there is any correlation or causative link between immigration status and crime, and that the articles as a while give the impression that Latinos and Hispanics are criminals. This is further supported by the relationship between Breitbart and the Trump administration, and the emails showing collusion.

I also noticed that the articles almost universally portrayed Latinos and Hispanics as violent criminals.

So, as far as I can tell, these articles are as shallow as the example I gave.

and the determination by the Left to prevent any attempts to keep them out of the country or deport them when they’re caught.

Who are "the Left"?

Do you mean the people who employ undocumented workers like Trump?
@Pants-of-dog, all that, and you managed to avoid any mention of the fact that they are here in the US, aren’t supposed to be, and that people are fighting to let them in or keep them here. There’s really no chance of getting you to open your eyes on the subject, is there? Enjoy your echo chamber.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]