Facebook says it may quit Europe over ban on sharing data with US - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
@Politics_Observer, remind me, when was the last time your "homeland" was invaded by a foreign army. Did you mean the settlers that stole the land from the natives? You should be fighting against yourself, you are the enemy.

There is no excuse whatsoever for you imperial wars all across the planet. You are the most belligerent and violent nation. Don't give me that crap about your nice-guy image. You can fool yourself but nobody else. You are the greatest threat to humanity.
@Politics_Observer, US imperialism affects us everywhere and on an everyday basis. I just don't get why you think you have the right to decide how the rest of us ought to live. The US has merely 4% of the World's population. What gives the 4% the right to dominate the 94%?

You are as brainwashed by your American ideology as Nazi soldiers were brainwashed by the Nazi ideology. They believed they were fighting for their "homeland" just like you. What difference is there between you and a Nazi soldiers who only followed orders? There is none. At least the Nazi soldier could have claimed that refusal to obey orders could have cost him his life. You have no such excuse. Refusing to serve imperial aggression will have no negative consequences for you personally. You just let others do the dirty work and pretend it has nothing to do with you.

I'm writing against imperialism not against Americans per se. I respect any American who joins the fight against imperialist aggression. You are on the wrong side of history just like the Nazis were on the wrong side of history 80 years ago.
AFAIK wrote:Was the US on the wrong side of history when it genocided one continent and enslaved another because that worked out pretty well for them?

It's about controlling the narrative. The UK/US try to tell us that they are fighting the just fight because they helped defeat the Nazis. Having fought the just war against the Nazis, they derive from that that all wars they fought since and before were also just wars. That's what @Politics_Observer, @Unthinking Majority, et al., are trying to tell us.

But since that narrative is getting a little worn, they now try to tell us that we need them to protect us from the Commis, from the Ruskies, the Islamists or the Chinks. They try to tell us that it is their patriotic duty to kill the non-believers, those who don't prey at the altar of the free market. Those who don't believe in the freedom of (the white) man to exploit nature and his fellow humans. These heathens have to be killed just like Gilgamesh killed Humbaba the guardian of the forest 5,000 years ago because he didn't worship the gods of the city of Ur. Five millennia have passed, but humans have not changed one little bit.

They can only win if people believe in their narrative. Trump was in part elected because Americans are tired of the endless wars needed to maintain the empire. He believes that by increasing the US military power it won't be necessary to fight all those messy wars. Digital control by corporate America and the CIA with the implicit threat of airstrikes will be enough to perpetuate the stranglehold of the empire. That's why they want to exclude competition from Huawei and TikTok to gain total control of our data via Facebook et al.

It only works as long as we believe in their narrative.
Atlantis wrote:It's about controlling the narrative. The UK/US try to tell us that they are fighting the just fight because they helped defeat the Nazis. Having fought the just war against the Nazis, they derive from that that all wars they fought since and before were also just wars. That's what @Politics_Observer, @Unthinking Majority, et al., are trying to tell us.

WTF you mentioning me for? What wars do I support?

@FiveofSwords Apropos the potato ... Why do […]

Back then, it was the flowers that were harvested[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Is Israel a “settler colonial” state? That ch[…]

Maybe the problem is that you're still gay, Agent […]