Trump overload? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Torus34
This section of this forum has suddenly gone quiet. New posts are not to be seen. Discussions of existing threads have more or less died out. The feeling is one of general malaise or ennui. [Ed.: Considering etymologies, are the French, as a people, given to more than the usual amount of boredom?]

One possibility is that we're more or less trumped out. The day's news carries yet another instance of President of the United States of America Donald Trump making statements designed* to get the attention of the press. The statements are debugged by the usual debuggers and defended by the usual defenders. Quelle tristesse. I've nothing novel** or interesting to read with my morning cuppa.

Hallo! Anyone out there?

* Let's give President Trump credit for enough smarts to know what will set the press off baying like a pack of blue ticks after a 'possum, shall we?

** Even the 'novel' virus is now just plain old Covid-19. '19' itself suggests a certain ho-hum-ness, oui? I mean, there's a certain sense of excitement that comes along with 1 and, perhaps even with 2 and 3. But 19? Really.
Last edited by Torus34 on 26 Sep 2020 14:02, edited 2 times in total.
By Rancid
That's one of the things I hope happens. That basically Trump wackiness get ignored.

The one thing that gets under the skin of a narcissist if not being the center of attention.
By Torus34
Rancid wrote:That's one of the things I hope happens. That basically Trump wackiness get ignored.

The one thing that gets under the skin of a narcissist if not being the center of attention.

Good morning! Two quickies.

Quickie the first: Even more effective is laughter.

Quickie the second: Recommended reading's Mr. Ray Bradbury's delightful The Watchful Poker Chip of H. Matisse.

Wishing you and yours a safe and well weekend.

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]

how 'the mismeasure of man' was totally refuted.[…]

I saw this long opinion article from The Telegraph[…]

It very much is, since it's why there's a war in t[…]