End of maduro - hopefully. - Page 67 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

QatzelOk wrote:UN says that Israel and Netanyahu are committing crimes against humanity.

JohnRawls pom-poms are temporarily silenced as he looks for lower-status races to scapegoat.

And UN is right that it says that because Israel does take things over the top. Although it is funny how you are trying to equate the situation between Israel and Palestein to Venezuela. At least in Israels case there are certain excuses that can be brough up like Israel being in a semi state of war or the other side basically not caring for human rights either etc etc.

What is your point here exactly Qatz? That war crimes are okay when it is somebody who you like or not okay when it is somebody you dislike?
wat0n wrote:Why don't they believe the UN now?

Because with billionaires censoring our information sources, and other billionaires starting wars and stealing trillions of dollars, humanity is watching all its institutions turn into hollowed-out whores of really nasty people.

Our media is trying to encourage rich countries to destroy the civilian infrastructure of a defenseless nation.... again. If they can get the UN involved, it might convince some of the "left-wingers" who wanted everyone locked up a few months ago.
High-ranking ex UN official agrees with the earlier article I shared.

QatzelOk wrote:UN says that Israel and Netanyahu are committing crimes against humanity.

JohnRawls pom-poms are temporarily silenced as he looks for lower-status races to scapegoat.

People who ignore Palestine do not care about human rights at all, despite their pretences when they even bother. JohnRawls did go so far as saying Israel "goes over the top" :lol: though, gotta hand it to him for going out on a limb there with that "over the top" comment. Yeah, over the top, for near 100 years now. Babies and children piled up in ice-cream freezers due to a lack of space in the morgues weren't worthy of his pom-poms in the last massacres in Gaza and neither were the protesting children being executed in their hundreds for demanding to get out of their concentration camp last year. JohnRawl's pompoms only wave about for war on countries under Western aggression, which he laughably pretends he's interested in because of "human rights". As Alan Partridge once said: Scum...sub-human scum.
annatar1914 wrote: Venezuela is not going to be allowed to develop independently her own way, if the West can do anything about it they will.

Even Western countries will never be allowed to develop independently in their own way... if the mafia can do anything about it, they will.

And with the docile citizens that we have in the West, our tyrants can do whatever they like to anyone and we won't lift a finger to help them, ourselves, or anyone else.

They get all their information about the world from the same billionaires who profit from destroying it.
QatzelOk wrote:Even Western countries will never be allowed to develop independently in their own way... if the mafia can do anything about it, they will.

And with the docile citizens that we have in the West, our tyrants can do whatever they like to anyone and we won't lift a finger to help them, ourselves, or anyone else.

You may call them Bandits, and you'd be right. But great bandits restrain smaller bandits, so that some peace can be maintained and a society possible, with almost everyone getting something for the common good rather than everyone getting so little that society isn't possible.
annatar1914 wrote:But great bandits restrain smaller bandits, so that some peace can be maintained and a society possible, with almost everyone getting something for the common good rather than everyone getting so little that society isn't possible.

I completely disagree with that philosophy. I take my cue from St Michael:

Sivad wrote:I completely disagree with that philosophy. I take my cue from St Michael:

Fighting obvious evils is fine, as long as one 'is not driving out the devils by the means of the prince of devils'.

Since one is speaking of government. To me the particular form and machinery of government is just a tool of the rulers, and I think people need a stronger hand on them, hopefully a wise and paternal hand but a firm one nonetheless. ''Has Maduro been good for the people of Venezuela, in spite of foreign interference?'' needs to be the question asked here. Has he been that 'strong hand' but benevolent one?

It angers me for example when I see pro-life American ''conservatives'' who rail against Venezuela but don't see that Venezuela protects the rights of the unborn in it's Constitution.
annatar1914 wrote:Fighting obvious evils is fine, as long as one 'is not driving out the devils by the means of the prince of devils'.

Yeah, that's definitely a problem. That's pretty much the extremist MO : identify a relatively minor issue, blow it out of all proportion, and then use the hoax as a pretext to takeover society and bring in totarditarian government.
annatar1914 wrote:It angers me for example when I see pro-life American ''conservatives'' who rail against Venezuela but don't see that Venezuela protects the rights of the unborn in it's Constitution.

Didn't know Venezuela had this in their constitution. The Dominican Republic amended their constitution in 2009 to make it illegal as well. In 2012 they even made it illegal for a women to seek/inquire a doctor about abortions. Not that I support that, but those countries are two pees in a pod it seems. Except for when the Dominican dictator failed when he ordered the assassination of the Venezuelan president. :lol:
Rancid wrote:Didn't know Venezuela had this in their constitution. The Dominican Republic amended their constitution in 2009 to make it illegal as well. In 2012 they even made it illegal for a women to seek/inquire a doctor about abortions. Not that I support that, but those countries are two pees in a pod it seems. Except for when the Dominican dictator failed when he ordered the assassination of the Venezuelan president. :lol:

Well, you've got people in America who will talk the talk, but when it comes to taking care of people in general, being truly ''pro-life'' for everybody, they fall silent. Venezuela is doing things right all around and I think that's why the attempts to overthrow their government will fail, I hope.
annatar1914 wrote:
Well, you've got people in America who will talk the talk, but when it comes to taking care of people in general, being truly ''pro-life'' for everybody, they fall silent. Venezuela is doing things right all around and I think that's why the attempts to overthrow their government will fail, I hope.

I agree that any sort of overthrow will fail. I think it would have happened already.

@JohnRawls, human rights be damned, the reality is, no one care about that.
Rancid wrote:I agree that any sort of overthrow will fail. I think it would have happened already.

It would take a sustained military intervention. And that I can't rule out because they can't have the Venezuelan political and socio-economic model succeeding.
Sivad wrote:Nobody's losing sleep over that. :lol:

You'd be surprised. To some in the US, it's Castro and the Cuban Revolution in the 1950's all over again, the dominoes falling in Latin America to Communism and all that.
annatar1914 wrote:You'd be surprised. To some in the US, it's Castro and the Cuban Revolution in the 1950's all over again, the dominoes falling in Latin America to Communism and all that.

I think it's more about losing access to Venezuela's resources, I doubt anyone's worried about a Venezuelan success story.
Sivad wrote:I think it's more about losing access to Venezuela's resources, I doubt anyone's worried about a Venezuelan success story.

It's the same problem the West had with Iran's Mossadegh in the 1950's; a populist government nationalized it's resources for the benefit of the people and this was enough to make Mossadegh enemy number one who had to be overthrown.
annatar1914 wrote:nationalized it's resources for the benefit of the people

I don't know if I would go that far, the resources were nationalized for the benefit of someone but I doubt it was for "the people's" benefit.
Sivad wrote:I don't know if I would go that far, the resources were nationalized for the benefit of someone but I doubt it was for "the people's" benefit.

The perception was still there in any case, then as now. Ironically this turned the Elites against President Trump in the United States, who is a Populist/Nationalist himself, as much as against Chavez and Maduro's Boliviaran Revolution in Venezuela.
annatar1914 wrote:The perception was still there in any case, then as now. Ironically this turned the Elites against President Trump in the United States, who is a Populist/Nationalist himself, as much as against Chavez and Maduro's Boliviaran Revolution in Venezuela.

perception does have a way of becoming reality so maybe you're right. you're thinking has some depth to it, I appreciate that.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This war is going to drag on for probably another[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]