First 2020 Debate Thread - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15123914
Well, if it was a competition about who had the better manners Biden would have won. Trump was loud, rude and quite disrespectful.

Having said that, Trump does know what he’s talking about. It’s obvious. He’s less scripted and natural.
#15123916
Hey you know I'll spoil it. It's pretty obvious what it means. Trump has taped evidence of them staging an illegal coup against him and if Biden somehow wins the election despite that, likely through coronavirus-inspired mail-in vote fuckery, even though they've been praising oft-violent mass protests for several months now, his loss would likely be fake and he doesn't intend to leave peacefully. He has more or less said this and I for one completely agree with him for the previously mentioned reasons, there is no way Biden and co. should be allowed to steal this.

Your next post will be: "boo hoo hoo you're a white supremacist, why should anyone care if he has taped evidence of an illegal coup attempt by the other side?"
#15123917
Igor Antunov wrote: The moderator was too involved, at one point debating trump himself. His mic should have been switched off.

I thought that was funny. However, it's funny because Trump was there. That's the sort of thing that McCain, Romney, and other milquetoast Republicans would cave in to. Trump just pushes right back, and makes the whole thing comical.

Igor Antunov wrote:Over 66% of (presumably) Hispanic people watching Telemundo thought Trump trounced Biden.

That's interesting. It will be interesting to see if that has any effect on their vote. Debates really don't mean much to the base voters.

Wulfschilde wrote:And a lot of people are going to be very angry when they find out that Biden was foisted upon them so that he might safeguard himself.

They were just trying to prevent Bernie Sanders from running away with it. That's why it's inexplicable that Biden had fewer delegates than his competitors and they all mysteriously dropped out just before South Carolina to leave the nomination to him. If they hadn't, it would have been Sanders going into the convention with the most delegates.
#15123931
And for the Washington Times take on the “debate”:

Winners and losers from the first presidential debate

    WINNERS:

    CHAOS — Chaos reigned. America got a binge session of politicians gone wild. That’s sort of like President Trump winning.

    JOE BIDEN — He got through it without a major mental meltdown or one of his eyeballs exploding.

    CLOWNS — They almost never get a shout out at a presidential debate.

    CLIMATE-CHANGE ACTIVISTS — Mr. Trump gave them an unexpected nod by saying he believed human pollution and greenhouse gases contribute to climate change.

    ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS — They flew under the radar in this debate.

    LOSERS:

    HUNTER BIDEN — His dad scrambled to defend him and his sweetheart deals. On his drug problems, Joe Biden offered that, “He got over it.”

    CHRIS WALLACE — He both lost control of the debate and alienated Trump supporters who saw him as a biased referee.

    IMPEACHMENT — Crickets.

    PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES — Love it or hate it, this one is going to be tough to top.

    FACE MASKS — Only Jill Biden bothered to don one.

    OBAMACARE — Mr. Trump and Mr. Biden both said they could do it better.

For my own adds from the clips I’ve seen (I skipped the debate, seeing how I prefer to avoid wasting my time on the factually challenged), Biden had two major flops—his refusal to say whether he agrees with packing the Supreme Court, and his inability to name a single law enforcement organization that supports him. On the plus side, now he can refuse to hold any further debates with Trump and seem reasonable.
Last edited by Doug64 on 30 Sep 2020 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
#15123958
After 10 minutes it's a complete shit show. Trump doesn't let anybody talk, including the moderator himself who's not in charge at all. I'm already upset with Trump and the moderator.
By wat0n
#15123966
Istanbuller wrote:Joe Biden looks (and sounds) mentally well. Another good thing, he rejects socialist projects like green new deal. Trump made him shift toward the center.


He was always in the moderate wing of the party.
#15123975
wat0n wrote:He was always in the moderate wing of the party.

Except when he’s stumping for Far Left votes, then you get things like “sure, let’s ban fracking” and failing to condemn the Left-wing rioting we’ve been experiencing for months until only recently, when his silence began hurting him in the polls.
#15123985
Doug64 wrote:.... Left-wing rioting ...


How are the riots “left wing”?

Are they, for example, part of a deliberate strategy used by Marxists for some nefarious agenda?
#15124012
I can't believe that I am saying this but the current US situation is collapsing the US democracy and system bit by bit. I really thought that the US system is resilient but a way was found i guess on how to abuse it.

So what is happening? I think that Trump understands that he is going to loose. Considering his behaviour durring the debate, he clearly knows that he can't fight on issues or the situation. He needs to turn this in to a clown shown and distract people. The only other way that he sees is that if he stacks the Supreme court then this Supreme court will block the investigation in to the election like they did durring the Bush vs Gore days. Supressing the mail vote is just one ways to do it.

I do not understand how people do not see this as a direct threat to the US system. Rigging the election is one thing and can be self-corrected BUT stacking of the supreme court is a problem. This is de facto breaking the separation of power principle. Basically the most influential body of the legislative branch comes under political control of the other branch. That is a serious problem.
#15124014
JohnRawls wrote:I can't believe that I am saying this but the current US situation is collapsing the US democracy and system bit by bit. I really thought that the US system is resilient but a way was found i guess on how to abuse it.

So what is happening? I think that Trump understands that he is going to loose. Considering his behaviour durring the debate, he clearly knows that he can't fight on issues or the situation. He needs to turn this in to a clown shown and distract people. The only other way that he sees is that if he stacks the Supreme court then this Supreme court will block the investigation in to the election like they did durring the Bush vs Gore days. Supressing the mail vote is just one ways to do it.

I do not understand how people do not see this as a direct threat to the US system. Rigging the election is one thing and can be self-corrected BUT stacking of the supreme court is a problem. This is de facto breaking the separation of power principle. Basically the most influential body of the legislative branch comes under political control of the other branch. That is a serious problem.


You are no more right about the situation in the United States and President Trump than you are about Assad and Syria or Maduro in Venezuela. You sure like your color revolutions though, don't you?
#15124015
annatar1914 wrote:You are no more right about the situation in the United States and President Trump than you are about Assad and Syria or Maduro in Venezuela. You sure like your color revolutions though, don't you?


We shall see. A little more than a month of waiting will clear the situation up.
By wat0n
#15124016
Trump is far from being the first POTUS to try to abuse the system, there is nothing particularly new about it. Even stacking the SCOTUS is not a new idea, and I don't know how could Trump do it come January. It's not impossible but seems unlikely.
#15124017
JohnRawls wrote:We shall see. A little more than a month of waiting will clear the situation up.


In the interim, there will be major war elsewhere. Your allies are impatient, and want to use this time of American distraction from foreign affairs as a means of engaging in adventures they otherwise wouldn't be able to.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 10
Election 2020

@SpecialOlympian , so what facts reported in the […]

@blackjack21 , you replied; This is the issue[…]

Is a Marxist receiving financial backing through t[…]

Being a philosophical-*materialist*, can I just p[…]