IS DONALD TRUMP CHRISTIAN? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
Hindsite wrote:My own opinion is that Donald Trump is definitely more Christian than Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, the Muslim.

If the standard of being Christian is merely paying lip-service to it, then yes, he qualifies. If you mean actually embodying certain Christian values, then no, he doesn't qualify. Jesus tells people to help the sick, the poor, and people who are vulnerable, and that doesn't seem to be Trump's prerogative.
Hindsite wrote: Few men would give up their comfortable life to be subjected to this torment and abuse, Jesus did, Trump has

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This thread is bad on three levels. One is that it's not entirely fair to judge a person's interior state, regardless of what the surface actions might suggest. All do evil deeds and fall short of the glory of God.

Second, for many of his followers President Trump doesn't have to be ''Christian'' anyway. He gets a pass in their opinion.

Others see the advantages his Presidency has conferred on them, and they need no persuasion on Trump being Christian.
Trump is just trying to figure out how he's going to pay that 400 million loan that's due in the next few years.

Maybe he'll sell the presidency.
@Rancid Forbes put out an article stating that it's closer to $1 Billion that he owes.

Donald Trump Has At Least $1 Billion In Debt, More Than Twice The Amount He Suggested
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexand ... 7482d44330

Trump is as much a Christian, as Ted Bundy.
:lol:

Trump lies about absolutely everything, although I am sure that was a rhetorical question. :D
Christians are supposed to be sheep following their good shepherd Jesus, which is not exactly as Trump is, he's more like a wolf in sheep's clothing preying on them. Not that his clothing is convincing much, it's like a pig's rather than a sheep's clothing. :lol:
quetzalcoatl wrote:There is a necessary humility in being a Christian, as described in Paul's analysis of the human condition (reflected in his own behavior): "For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it." So there is a critical difference between, on one hand, having the desire to do good and failing, and on the other, completely lacking the desire to do good. God will forgive us, but we have to first have the intent

Being a religious Jew and a homosexual was certainly humiliating for St Paul. St Pauls proto Christian predecessors believed in a figure Jesus Christ that had been killed in a cosmic drama sacrifice that had taken place in the heavens. The abode of many supernatural beings. Paul, as so many believers do took an already existing religious fantasy and manipulated it for his own psychological ends. Paul invented the idea that Jesus was crucified, a humiliating death where the victim was naked. Paul very much emphasises Jesus' humiliation not his suffering.

Only later Jesus was given an earthly biography and the early Christians and apostles reimagined as his companions. The reason that Paul, a man who had never met the earthly Jesus was so able to theologically dominate the development of early Christianity is because none of the early protagonists had ever met Jesus because he never existed. This is why the Synoptics, the Gospel of john and Acts and the Pauline letters all give differing accounts of who Jesus's leading disciples were.
Trump is the incarnation of the antichrist. I can't think of anybody who fulfills this role more than Trump. Even Stalin or Hitler seem benign by comparison. They committed great evil at a time their respective countries were under great strain. Trump inherited the richest and most powerful country in history at the zenith of its power. People of great moral rectitude can be corrupted by power. Trump was corrupt through and through even before he had any power.
Atlantis wrote:Trump is the incarnation of the antichrist. I can't think of anybody who fulfills this role more than Trump. Even Stalin or Hitler seem benign by comparison.

whoa, that's some serious TDS you got going on there.
Atlantis wrote:Trump is the incarnation of the antichrist. I can't think of anybody who fulfills this role more than Trump. Even Stalin or Hitler seem benign by comparison. They committed great evil at a time their respective countries were under great strain. Trump inherited the richest and most powerful country in history at the zenith of its power. People of great moral rectitude can be corrupted by power. Trump was corrupt through and through even before he had any power.

Little-known fact: if you lift Trump's combover, you'll find a birthmark in the shape of '666'.... :eek:
Sivad wrote:whoa, that's some serious TDS you got going on there.

And yet they're the same sort of person that would have been disgusted by all the people who were and are convinced that Obama is the Antichrist... And is Atlantis Christian?

It's actually a fairly common political sport in America to suggest that the President is a candidate for being Antichrist. Such power concentrated in one man's hands, especially beginning with the Cold War and the advent of nuclear weapons...
annatar1914 wrote:It's actually a fairly common political sport in America to suggest that the President is a candidate for being Antichrist.

The POTUS could actually be, as the Roman Emperor was, the anti-Christ, or rather the antithesis of Christ by definition, regardless of who it is at the moment. Although Trump seems especially well suited for that role, it would be really hard for him to beat the Sith aura of the Bush-Cheney administration. :lol:
Beren wrote:The POTUS could actually be, as the Roman Emperor was, the anti-Christ, or rather the antithesis of Christ by definition, regardless of who it is at the moment. Although Trump seems especially well suited for that role, it would be really hard for him to beat the Sith aura of the Bush-Cheney administration. :lol:

I could totally envision Trump as a 21st century version of Nero. That is scary. Or there was that disgusting Malcolm McDowell movie called Caligula. Not hating Malcolm, but that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Caligula...so gross.

And wow, I had forgotten this thread. It was all kinds of cringe and bitter laughing for me. I still stand by my statements from 2017, Trump does not care a fig for religion. If he did like religion it would be because religious leaders can use religion to control the sheep. Oh those poor sheep! Oh wait, they chose to follow the pied piper. Never mind! :lol:
Beren wrote:The POTUS could actually be, as the Roman Emperor was, the anti-Christ, or rather the antithesis of Christ by definition, regardless of who it is at the moment. Although Trump seems especially well suited for that role, it would be really hard for him to beat the Sith aura of the Bush-Cheney administration. :lol:

Yes, there is that Scriptural and Traditional distinction between ''the Antichrist'' before the Second Coming and ''a'' Antichrist who embodies Satan's persecution of God's people. However, those same records indicate another person as candidate for the ''the'' Antichrist role.
MistyTiger wrote:I could totally envision Trump as a 21st century version of Nero. That is scary.

I could rather imagine Donald Jr. as such. He seems really fucked up and could be the next phase. That'd be scary indeed.

ImageImage
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Find Someone Who Loves You Like Israel Loves Att[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over mains[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainl[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0pAf3aBt18 How […]