Do you believe that Donald Trump will be coming after people for PoFo posts if he wins the election? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will Donald Trump's administration take action against people for PoFo posts?

Yes
8%
No
76%
Other (explain).
16%
What a pathetic fantasy world these anti Trumpers live in. There are a huge areas of American society where people are afraid to admit that they support Trump. it has to be said that some American Conservatives also engaged in pathetic fantasy claiming that Obama was going to make himself king.

Really the idea that anyone is going to get away with abolishing the other party in America or stop the supporters of the the other party from hating their party's leaders is just absurd. Obama couldn't stop people expressing not just disagreement but hatred of him. Trump has got even less chance and similarly if Biden is elected he won't be able to stop people expressing hatred of him.
Other.
I think he will try to silence dissent and any negative opinions on him. He's already attacked media, and continues to do so. Dictators like to do this.
Last edited by Godstud on 21 Aug 2020 13:22, edited 1 time in total.
Since the Edward Snowden revelation it is public knowledge that the intelligence agencies of the 5-eyes countries, especially the NSA in the US and the British GCHQ, use mass observation to monitor all electronic communications including social media. It is also known that they use agents provocateurs, and the like, to manipulate discussions on social media. I have also no doubt that they have the technical means to find out the real identities behind user names on Pofo and other social media.

Having said that, Pofo is far too small for them to bother. They focus their efforts on big platforms like reddit. To monitor and/or manipulate every discussion forum on the net would require too many resources. I think we probably have a couple of Russian trolls from time to time. I really don't know why they bother. Their bias is so obvious. But there are probably no paid NSA shills in this forum, plenty of free-lancers, though. :lol:

Trump is ruthless and as unrefined as former Soviet propagandists when it comes to manipulating the media. His attempt to ban Tik Tok because their users messed with his campaign rally is silly and counter-productive. If he were to be reelected, a crack down on social media will likely be the least of our worries.

Anyways, if I'm not mistaken, Pofo is based in Europe. The European Court of Justice has recently ruled against transfers of European data to the US. The EU will be the last bastion for protecting our freedom. Don't mess it up.
, Pofo is far too small for them to bother. They focus their efforts on big platforms like reddit. To monitor and/or manipulate every discussion forum on the net would require too many resources. I think we probably have a couple of Russian trolls from time to time. I really don't know why they bother. Their bias is so obvious. But there are probably no paid NSA shills in this forum, plenty of free-lancers, though. :lol:

PoFo is small but has high quality posts. I guess 30% work in politics either as analysts or advisers...
Donald Trump certainly would hate me that's for sure. However, I am not afraid. I know Donald Trump is a weak coward at heart hiding behind wealth, money, privilege and power. You never know what the future will bring. All you can do is, worry about what you have to do today.
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:PoFo is small but has high quality posts. I guess 30% work in politics either as analysts or advisers...

High Quality that is a laugh. This place is just Anti American propaganda echo chamber. There is very little truth and mostly foreign Anti American haters on here.

The title alone on this post is pure projection. The left and only the left censures speech.
I say other.

This website is based in the EU and I don't think it is subject to the USA's Patriot Act stuff.

Noemon is not an Alt-Right adherent. I also think posting here is NOT about having enormous audiences.

Most people are on Twitter or Reddit or Youtube or Facebook.

Also, if things get really bad and violent in the USA there will be a fairly substantial amount of American citizens seeking asylum in Canada the EU and in Latin America and the Caribbean. Mostly for economic reasons to keep from paying taxes if the Left starts taxing the one percent properly.

:D
This is actually a simple question, and the answer is yes. He would if he could.

The reality of power for a dictator is that you kill politics, often literally. His power comes from fear. There is no choice here, he keeps his boot on your neck, or gets replaced by someone who will.
late wrote:This is actually a simple question, and the answer is yes. He would if he could.

The reality of power for a dictator is that you kill politics, often literally. His power comes from fear. There is no choice here, he keeps his boot on your neck, or gets replaced by someone who will.

No his power comes from the uncensored truth. You fear Trump because he has broken the monopoly on the liberal narrative and is winning the information war.

To the OP Like the Twitterites you seem incorrectly convinced this or any echo chamber is in the majority of opinion, it is far from that. Why would Trump go after opinion that only a minority essentially cares about. Obviously if he was re-elected that is the proof you need to understand the relevance of echo chambers and the power of a post. .
I voted no. While there is no doubt that Donald Trump is someone who is authoritarian and has no qualms about crushing dissent, but a forum like this probably wouldn't be within the top 100 places that he'd go after, even if he gained autocratic powers. Not everyone here is American after all and there are organizations that would pose a bigger threat to him, such as human rights NGOs and news agencies. Here, we're just a bunch of laymen talking about politics.
Random American wrote:human rights NGOs

Trump is reportedly considering moving against organisations that document Israeli rights abuses.

"The declaration is expected to take the form of a report from the office of Elan Carr, the US special envoy to monitor and combat antisemitism, and would urge the US government to withdraw support for named groups and encourage other countries to follow suit, despite opposition from state department lawyers."
ingliz wrote:Trump is reportedly considering moving against organisations that document Israeli rights abuses.

Then the Democrats will have to move even more aggressively against these attacks against "the fund-raising committee."

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

@skinster well, you've been accusing Israel of t[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]