Election 2020 - Page 262 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By skinster
Random American wrote:Really, you truly believe propaganda from the DPRK which regardless of what the U.S. is is still a totalitarian dictatorship. And no, it's not all due to sanctions, it's government is obviously not democratic. :roll:

Edit: It appears to be a fake account. Wow, news media outlets even fall for that account.

^ That's an obvious troll page. Of course it'd be an American taking it seriously. :lol:
By Dimetrodon
skinster wrote::lol:

Congrats, you got me for a few seconds which is not as much of a victory as you think it is. But, I do fact-check and I do read. I just expected you to post anything Anti-American, so I thought you'd certainly defend the Norks, but after reading it and looking it up, it is satire, but I didn't need you to tell me that. I did realize like two seconds after posting, which appears to be more that can be said for places like the WaPo apparently. I would have just deleted my post and posted a correction, but post deletions aren't allowed here. You can tell I edited before you responded as edits before responses aren't logged at the bottom.
By Wulfschilde
Democrat's early vote lead in Florida had dropped to 245k.

For context, in 2016 Democrats had an early vote lead of 90k and went on to lose the state to Donald Trump by 100k votes. This is to say then that on election day, Republicans got 190k more votes than Democrats did.

This means that, at a minimum (considering the last election) Democrats are going to need a lead of at least 190k votes in order to win and they've currently got 245k, with 6 days left to go. It seems quite possible that they drop below this number by the time election day arrives, also, most people are assuming that Democrats are more likely to vote early due to COVID and therefore, they might need a bigger lead than the 2016 numbers would suggest. If that is true (and it likely is) they have probably already lost Florida and based upon numbers in other states then, they have likely lost the election at this point.

Also, there is sustained rioting and looting in Philadelphia (largest city in PA) with over 30 officers injured because the police shot a knife-wielding man. At this point it's clear that the BLM/AntiFA alliance just use police shootings as a signal to start trouble, even though there's probably some champs on the internet who would argue that it's not appropriate to shoot a guy coming at you with a knife.
By JohnRawls
Wulfschilde wrote:Democrat's early vote lead in Florida had dropped to 245k.

For context, in 2016 Democrats had an early vote lead of 90k and went on to lose the state to Donald Trump by 100k votes. This is to say then that on election day, Republicans got 190k more votes than Democrats did.

This means that, at a minimum (considering the last election) Democrats are going to need a lead of at least 190k votes in order to win and they've currently got 245k, with 6 days left to go. It seems quite possible that they drop below this number by the time election day arrives, also, most people are assuming that Democrats are more likely to vote early due to COVID and therefore, they might need a bigger lead than the 2016 numbers would suggest. If that is true (and it likely is) they have probably already lost Florida and based upon numbers in other states then, they have likely lost the election at this point.

Also, there is sustained rioting and looting in Philadelphia (largest city in PA) with over 30 officers injured because the police shot a knife-wielding man. At this point it's clear that the BLM/AntiFA alliance just use police shootings as a signal to start trouble, even though there's probably some champs on the internet who would argue that it's not appropriate to shoot a guy coming at you with a knife.

The math is weird because we don't know how many Rs, Ds and Is flipped.
By annatar1914
Rich wrote:The Libertarian myth is at the heart of US nationalist fantasy. America was fundamentally no different to Nazi Germany, an ethnic cleansing, at times genocidal, expansionist slaver empire. The difference between the American Founders and the Nazis is that the American Founders had a much greater sense of entitlement than the Nazis. The Americans thought they were entitled to an ethnic cleansing, at times genocidal, expansionist slaver empire, with minimal taxes, minimal regulation on business and minimal interference in the personal lives of respectable Europeans.

The whole American Constitution was designed around race and slavery, but of course our snow flake founders couldn't even bear to put the words race or slavery into the Constitution. Because that's the other side of small government, small moral responsibility. The American government must be small enough so as it never has to take moral responsibility for anything. Slavery, it wasn't us. The ethnic cleansing of the Amerindians, it wasn't us, the lynchings of the Jim Crow south, it wasn't us. Hypocrisy particularly in politics is fundamental to the human condition, but I have to say Americans seem to have developed hypocrisy into an art form.

Americans like a shape shifting government, big when ever they want it to reach across the oceans to murder Osama Bin Laden, powerful enough to arrest, torture and imprison for life foreigners, without trial, without due process, without even the most minimal of checks and balances, without fear of sanction. But it must be tiny and evanescent when ever there's some moral responsibility to be apportioned. Neville Chamberlain brought back a fantastic deal from Munich, if the Americans had lived up to their responsibilities and actually backed Chamberlain's deal with troops on the ground in Europe, the second world war would never have happened. Maoist China would never have happened. And we wouldn't be suffering from this biological warfare attack now going under the name of Covid-19.

You're painting with a rather broad brush, and I would say engaging in a great deal of fantasy yourself. Of course, it's a Fascist Reactionary's fantasies and historical what-ifs, but still...

It's hard to call it an illusion of Libertarianism, when it's what the bulk of the American population has tried to live by for hundreds of years. I don't agree with it myself, but I as an American know that it is the fundamental foundation upon which my country was built, and I believe in organic developments forming from what is, instead of what is not.
By Wulfschilde
JohnRawls wrote:The math is weird because we don't know how many Rs, Ds and Is flipped.

Yeah this is true. We can only go off of voter affiliation. Trump's approval in unusually high in the Republican party though so we can assume that fewer R's have flipped than D's, possibly not many D's have flipped though, also we don't have any hard evidence of how I's are going.
By Chad
America's youth and it's aged are not falling for the Commie Leftist Democrats pitiful power grab. Antifa, BLM and other rioters should re-discover Cannon Hinnant and Darius Sessoms...etc. Someone, please, stick a fork in Joe Biden and his entire party. Come on Man...... China's bought and paid for Joe and his family. The Biden's and the Clinton family are done. It will be decades before the Democrats can get back to the Center. This is as far left as the Republican Party will ever go. God Bless President Trump's second term. Jehovah Shalom
By Rancid
My son's school is doing a mock election. He said "I'm sure biden will win", I said he shouldn't assume that. When I was a kid, my school had a mock election. Clinton versus Bush senior. All teh teachers were baffled when Bush one the school election. :lol: We were a poor inner city school that was 99% Latino and like 1% black.
By ingliz
@Chad

Russia's bought and paid for the Orange Man and his family. Are you going to stick a fork in Trump and his entire party?

:lol:
Last edited by ingliz on 28 Oct 2020 18:21, edited 1 time in total.
By Doug64
And the latest Rasmussen White House Watch is out, with Trump back in the lead:

• Donald Trump 48%
  • Joe Biden 47%
  • Some other candidate 3%
  • Not sure 2%

Meanwhile, things in Pennsylvania must be looking bleak for Democrats if Nate Silver of 538 is assuring them that they don’t actually need the state to win. And speaking of Pennsylvania:

Pennsylvania county files recusal motion for Justice Barrett in election case
A Pennsylvania county Board of Elections filed a motion for Supreme Court Justice Amy Coney Barrett to recuse herself in an election-related dispute the court will be weighing just days ahead of the Nov. 3 election.

The Luzerne County Board of Elections made the filing at the Supreme Court on Tuesday, arguing that the newly seated justice is compelled to recuse since her “impartiality might reasonably be questioned.”

Liberal groups and progressive legal scholars have argued that Justice Barrett should not participate in any election-related legal battle since she was appointed by President Trump, who has tweeted that he wants the justices to stop mail-in ballot conflicts.

During her confirmation hearing earlier this month, Justice Barrett told senators she did not promise the president — or any executive branch official — to rule a certain way in any case that may come before her on the high court.

“All of this raises a terrible ‘appearance’ problem which can only engulf the Supreme Court in a political stew with poisonous consequences for the independence and perceived integrity of the judiciary,” said the motion for recusal.

The Republican Party is challenging a Pennsylvania law that’s permitting mail-in ballots to be counted through Friday, Nov. 6, three days after Election Day.

The case first came to the high court earlier this month, where the justices split 4-4 on the issue, leaving the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruling in place, which allowed the law to stand and votes to be counted beyond Nov. 3.

Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., a Bush-appointee, sided with the three Democratic-appointed justices to leave the extension intact.

But since Justice Barrett has been nominated and confirmed, the Republican Party has renewed its challenge and the case is back at the high court.
The justices are likely to weigh the issue later this week.

Supreme Court justices do not have strict recusal rules like judges follow in the lower courts, but high court justices have recused themselves in the past when they have known a party involved in a case.

Being appointed by a president has generally not qualified as a reason for warranting recusal.

Their chances of getting Barrett to recuse herself aren’t good, it generally isn’t done because it would be a horrible precedent, and a big part of the reason for pushing Barrett’s nomination through was to avoid a series of 4-4 decisions centered around the election.
By Chad
President Trump has been a worker in America. He has not been a tick on America's taxpayers like corrupt career criminal Joe Biden and the Clinton clan.
ingliz wrote:@Chad

Russia's bought and paid for the Orange man and his family. Are you going to stick a fork in Trump and his entire party?

:lol:

RINOS suck so I cannot talk about the entire Republican Party. Hopefully, President Trump continues to fulfill his campaign promises to America's taxpaying legal citizens. If President Trump does not sell America out to foreign interests and does not shoot anyone in times square.......No forking necessary. Leftist Commie Pinko Joe is a real steaming pile. Glad that Hunter is as stupid as Weiner.
By Dimetrodon
SpecialOlympian wrote:Trump is focusing on Hunter and fringe conspiracy shit because "I'm trying to dismantle your healthcare and also whoops I killed some of your friends and family" isn't a strong argument.

I know. They should actually become populists who propose non-plutocratic policies that help the common people, but I'm aware that with the GOP, that is just a pipe dream.
By Istanbuller
Election can be a success story if officials can stop Democrats's widespread mail in ballots fraud. Any votes come after the election day shouldn't be counted. All world should be able to know who is the US president day after the election.
By annatar1914
Istanbuller wrote:Election can be a success story if officials can stop Democrats's widespread mail in ballots fraud. Any votes come after the election day shouldn't be counted. All world should be able to know who is the US president day after the election.

I suspect that Biden will concede the election to President Trump on November 3rd having lost both the electoral collage and popular votes, make a statement about working with the President to promote national unity, and get the medical help he needs in his retirement. Then the idiots will begin rioting.

But not like 2016 after that election.
By pugsville
Istanbuller wrote:Election can be a success story if officials can stop Democrats's widespread mail in ballots fraud. Any votes come after the election day shouldn't be counted. All world should be able to know who is the US president day after the election.

Where is teh eveidence to support this claim?

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

Eugenics as a concept is quite interesting since […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]

@FiveofSwords You still haven't told us how yo[…]