Election 2020 - Page 269 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Patrickov
Doug64 wrote:Image

I still see this a stupid and probably false simplification of matters.

What politicians represent or enable do not necessarily reflect their true intentions.

Trump is himself an admirer of both Putin and Xi Jinping, but he essentially represents a hawkish faction that stirs things up. Biden's faction, on the other hand, supports peaceful re-approachment, but in times like these such methodology only gives the baddie space to deal its killing blow.

Using such propaganda essentially means the person in concern is on a level as low as China apologists -- the very people anyone with even minimal conscience would staunchly oppose.
By SpecialOlympian
Branco is one of the shittiest political cartoonists out there and I find his clumsy, hamfisted drawings to be lol. You know it's a good cartoon when you don't just need tons of labels (which, to be fair, is a convention of the genre), but also a literal explanation of what you're trying to convey because you're a complete hack. Of course he's pissed off that the boring Biden shit didn't land, but he's going to blame the media and not Rudy Giuliani, a drunken moron, for ruining the rollout on Trump's October surprise. Also the inconvenient fact that Trump's constant whirlwind of scandal and fucking up has pretty much drained America's attention span and raised the bar for what qualifies as a scandal these days.

Like, straight up, Rudy fucked up the plans that more organized Trump surrogates had to roll out the story in a way that would have made it land better. Because the president's personal attorney is drunk all the time, and it's lol that the fact that he tried to fuck a 15 year old completely overshadowed the fact that in that same scene from Borat he was slugging a glass of neat whiskey in the middle of the day. On camera.

Here's a fun video of the President of the United States of America's personal attorney on Fox News so fucking blasted on the sauce that he can barely keep his eyes open:

The only good political cartoonist is Kelly from The Onion, who mocks the medium.

I love his ironic self-inserts about how he's a drunk divorcé. Note how there are no large speech bubbles explaining the premise of the cartoon he is drawing. Kelly not only gives you an insight into the life of the fictional political cartoonist he has created, but he does so in a much more artistic and nuanced way. Branco is shit, and just a clumsy old man hamfistedly smashing colored pencils onto a piece of paper in the hopes of reiterating Fox News talking points for the people dumb enough to forget their favorite TV channel's marching orders.
By colliric

.....This is cruel, this man clearly needs to retire and enjoy his retirement.
By Doug64
Patrickov wrote:I still see this a stupid and probably false simplification of matters.

The usual response of a politician accused of something they didn’t do is, perhaps, to proclaim their innocence? Something the Bidens have refused to do.

Trump is himself an admirer of both Putin and Xi Jinping, ...

You’re taking Cohen’s testimony on anything?

... but he essentially represents a hawkish faction that stirs things up. Biden's faction, on the other hand, supports peaceful re-approachment, but in times like these such methodology only gives the baddie space to deal its killing blow.

I’d phrase it differently, but overall we actually agree on something.

Using such propaganda essentially means the person in concern is on a level as low as China apologists -- the very people anyone with even minimal conscience would staunchly oppose.

Unless, of course, it’s actually true—the Bidens are almost certainly corrupt, and the MSM(D) have done their best to ignore the whole issue and social media have done their best to suppress any mention of it.
By ingliz
colliric wrote:This is cruel, this man clearly needs to retire and enjoy his retirement.

All this 'Biden is a shit' talk is irrelevant.

Shit he may be. But he only has to be seen as less of a shit than Trump to win.

:)
By Sivad
colliric wrote:
.....This is cruel, this man clearly needs to retire and enjoy his retirement.

that motherfucker deserves every bit of it and then some. Fuck that guy.
By MistyTiger
Look at it this way, you do not have to marry Biden. As long as he does not rob ya blind, spread hate and ignorance around and he makes some positive changes in the US (with the help of his administration) then he is doing a whole lot better than the current fat guy in the WH.
Well, it's good to see Former President Barack Obama back on the campaign trail supporting Biden. Obama has been the best President in my lifetime. Love the guy!
By Stormsmith
MistyTiger wrote:Look at it this way, you do not have to marry Biden. As long as he does not rob ya blind, spread hate and ignorance around and he makes some positive changes in the US (with the help of his administration) then he is doing a whole lot better than the current fat guy in the WH.

*like*
By Godstud
@Doug64 More like this:

By Patrickov
Doug64 wrote:You’re taking Cohen’s testimony on anything?

What about this collection of Tweets and Fox interviews?
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/1 ... rus-188736

He says literally anything at anytime. I can only judge him by what he did / enabled (or lack of it if necessary)

Doug64 wrote:I’d phrase it differently, but overall we actually agree on something.

Even for my worst enemies I would not say I am 100% opposed. I think it's a 50-50 or 60-40 between us.

Doug64 wrote:Unless, of course, it’s actually true—the Bidens are almost certainly corrupt, and the MSM(D) have done their best to ignore the whole issue and social media have done their best to suppress any mention of it.

Anybody employing this trick as a norm is despicable, regardless of the person's position. I personally don't want to do that unless I am in a wicked mood.

Just curious, why there is a suffix (D) after "MSM"? Does this mean something like "MSM(R)" exists?
By Patrickov
Unthinking Majority wrote:Trump is the oldest POTUS to assume office, at 70 years. If Biden wins he's be 78 at the Jan inauguration. Holy crap.

Even Sanders isn't any younger.

I wonder what's happening to the Democratic Party? Why could they nominate young, energetic candidates like Kennedy, Carter, Clinton or Obama (the Great?) previously, but not now?

Of course, as I said before, with the presidential candidates being so advanced in age, vice presidents will inevitably have more important roles.
By wat0n
Patrickov wrote:Even Sanders isn't any younger.

I wonder what's happening to the Democratic Party? Why could they nominate young, energetic candidates like Kennedy, Carter, Clinton or Obama (the Great?) previously, but not now?

Of course, as I said before, with the presidential candidates being so advanced in age, vice presidents will inevitably have more important roles.

That can be said about the GOP as well.

I also don't understand what's up with the American voters on this matter. I think it's a symptom of something bigger, but can't quite pin down what would that be.
By Rancid
Patrickov wrote:Even Sanders isn't any younger.

I think it's some weird loyalty to the seniors of the party. Basically, these old people are people that have taken a backseat for decades and now they are being "rewarded" for their sticking it out with the party all these years.
By ingliz
Democracy in action...

Trump is a bit closer to fiddling a win through judgements given by 'Republican' Justices appointed to the State and Federal courts - An estimated 1.5 million valid votes declared invalid and unlikely to be counted in 4 swing states - 900,000 in Florida alone.

:lol:
By Doug64
Taking a last pre-election look at various stats, starting with mail-in ballots returned and early in-person voting in some battleground states by party breakdown, and how the total compares to 2016:

• Ohio: R 49% (+1), I 13%, D 38% (-1), +94% (-10)
  • Michigan: R 42% (+1), I 19% (-1), D 39%, +192% (-14)
  • Texas: R 53%, I 11% (+1), D 36% (-1), +73% (-121)
  • Wisconsin: R 43% (+1), I 22%, D 35% (-1), +235% (-46)

Here's the latest from RealClearPolitics:

Over the past week, Biden's lead in the RCP's average betting odds holds steady, at Biden +30.5 29.5 (R+1.0).

RCP National Average: Biden 51.5 Trump 43.9 Spread Biden +7.6 (R+0.5)
    Battleground States Average: Biden 47.7 Trump 46.4 Spread Biden +1.3 (R+0.1 )

Electoral College Map: Biden 242 (-20) Trump 125 (-1) Toss Ups (spread <= +5) 171 (+21)
    Electoral College No Toss Ups: Biden 369 Trump 169 D+14)
    Electoral College No Toss Ups (<=Biden+3): Biden 279 Trump 259 (D+1)
    Electoral College No Toss Ups (<=Biden+4): Biden 242 Trump 296

Battlegrounds
    Arizona: Biden 47.6 Trump 46.5 Spread Biden +1.1 (R+1.3 )
    Florida: Biden 48.3 Trump 47.6 Spread Biden +0.7 (R+1.1)
    Georgia: Biden 48.0 Trump 47.2 Spread Biden +0.8
    Iowa: Biden 45.8 Trump 46.5 Spread Trump +0.7 (R+1.7)
    Maine CD2: Biden 46.0 Trump 42.0 Spread Biden +4.0 (D+6)
    Minnesota: Biden 47.5 Trump 43.5 Spread Biden +4.0
    Nebraska CD2: Biden 50.0 Trump 47.0 Spread Biden +3.0
    Nevada: Biden 49.0 Trump 45.7 Spread Biden +3.3 (R+0.7)
    North Carolina: Biden 47.8 Trump 47.5 Spread Biden +0.3 (R+1.2)
    Ohio: Biden 47.5 Trump 46.5 Spread Biden +1.0 (D+1.3)
    Pennsylvania: Biden 49.3 Trump 45.3 Spread Biden +4.0
    Texas: Biden 46.0 Trump 47.5 Spread Trump +1.5 (D+2.0)

2020 vs. 2016
    Top Battlegrounds: 2020 D+3.1 2016 D+1.3 Spread Biden +1.8 (D+1.8 )
    RCP National Average: 2020 D+7.2 2016 D+2.2 Spread Biden +5.0 (D+0.7)
    Favorability Ratings: 2020 D+19.7 2016 D+5.4 Spread Biden +3.9 14.3 (D+10.4)

For the Senate, as per the Cook Report, this week there is one shift, but not one likely to make a difference. Giving each party 2/3 of their leaners, 1/2 of the toss-ups, and 1/3 of the opposite party's leaners, this would give the Democrats 51.8 and the Republicans 48.2:

• No election Democrat (35)
  • Safe Democrat (10): Delaware (D), Illinois (D), Massachusetts (D), Minnesota (D), New Hampshire (D), New Jersey (D), New Mexico (D), Oregon (D), Rhode Island (D), Virginia (D)
  • Leans Democrat (3): Arizona (R), Colorado (R), Michigan (D)
  • Toss-Ups (7): Georgia (R), Georgia (R), Iowa (R), Maine (R), Montana (R), North Carolina (R), South Carolina (R)
  • Leans Republican (4): Alaska (R), Alabama (D), Kansas (R), Texas (R)
  • Likely Republican (2, +1): Kentucky (R), Mississippi (R)
  • Safe Republican (9, -1): Arkansas (R), Idaho (R), Louisiana (R), Nebraska (R), Oklahoma (R), South Dakota (R), Tennessee (R), West Virginia (R), Wyoming (R)
  • No election Republican (30)

And for the House, again per the Cook Report, there are no changes this week. Giving each party 2/3 of their leaners, 1/2 of the toss-ups, and 1/3 of the opposite party's leaners, that gives us Democrats 239.7, Republicans 195.3. So again absent a wave that's a small Democratic increase from 2018's 235 D / 199 R:

• Safe Democrat: 191
  • Likely Democrat: 18
  • Leans Democrat: 19
  • Toss-Ups: 25
  • Leans Republican: 15
  • Likely Republican: 13
  • Safe Republican: 153

There are eleven governors up for election, and once again no change from last week. This would give us Democrats 23.5, Republicans 26.5—maybe the Republicans will net a +1:

• No election Democrat (20)
  • Safe Democrat (2): Delaware (D), Washington (D)
  • Leans Democrat (1): North Carolina (D)
  • Toss-Up (1): Montana (D)
  • Leans Republican (1): Missouri (R)
  • Safe Republican (6): Indiana (R), New Hampshire (R), North Dakota (R), Utah (R), Vermont (R), West Virginia (R)
  • No election Republican (19)

Patrickov wrote:What about this collection of Tweets and Fox interviews?
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/1 ... rus-188736

He says literally anything at anytime. I can only judge him by what he did / enabled (or lack of it if necessary)

Yes, Trump a) has no filter, and b) has no sense of subtlety--whether he is condemning or praising someone, defending his own actions or attacking someone else's, he lays it on with a trowel. Which is why I don't bother to listen to Trump's speeches or press conferences. All you can judge him by is his actions, and in the case of both Russia and China Trump has taken a harder line than the Obama/Biden administration.

Even for my worst enemies I would not say I am 100% opposed. I think it's a 50-50 or 60-40 between us.

Fair enough, I like to think I'm the same.

Anybody employing this trick as a norm is despicable, regardless of the person's position. I personally don't want to do that unless I am in a wicked mood.

I have to disagree. Yes, it is negative campaigning, but if it is both accurate and relevant then there is nothing despicable about it. And what Biden as vice president knew about Hunter's activities, whether he encouraged it, ignored it, or tried to discourage it is relevant to how his character. Since it pretty clear that Biden at least knew about it (and lied about that fact), at best Biden is in the same position as Eli in 1st Samuel 2.

Now the sons of Eli were scoundrels who had no respect for the Lord or for their duties as priests. Whenever anyone offered a sacrifice, Eli’s sons would send over a servant with a three-pronged fork. While the meat of the sacrificed animal was still boiling, the servant would stick the fork into the pot and demand that whatever it brought up be given to Eli’s sons. All the Israelites who came to worship at Shiloh were treated this way. Sometimes the servant would come even before the animal’s fat had been burned on the altar. He would demand raw meat before it had been boiled so that it could be used for roasting.

The man offering the sacrifice might reply, “Take as much as you want, but the fat must be burned first.” Then the servant would demand, “No, give it to me now, or I’ll take it by force.” So the sin of these young men was very serious in the Lord’s sight, for they treated the Lord’s offerings with contempt.

Now Eli was very old, but he was aware of what his sons were doing to the people of Israel. He knew, for instance, that his sons were seducing the young women who assisted at the entrance of the Tabernacle. Eli said to them, “I have been hearing reports from all the people about the wicked things you are doing. Why do you keep sinning? You must stop, my sons! The reports I hear among the Lord’s people are not good. If someone sins against another person, God can mediate for the guilty party. But if someone sins against the Lord, who can intercede?” But Eli’s sons wouldn’t listen to their father, for the Lord was already planning to put them to death.

“Therefore, the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I promised that your branch of the tribe of Levi would always be my priests. But I will honor those who honor me, and I will despise those who think lightly of me. The time is coming when I will put an end to your family, so it will no longer serve as my priests.”

Patrickov wrote:Just curious, why there is a suffix (D) after "MSM"? Does this mean something like "MSM(R)" exists?

Yes, there is are MSM(R), they have names like Breitbart, Newsmax, Townhall, RedState. The MSM(D) have names like MSNBC, CNN, New York Times, Washington Post.

ingliz wrote:Democracy in action...

Trump is a bit closer to fiddling a win through judgements given by 'Republican' Justices appointed to the State and Federal courts - An estimated 1.5 million valid votes declared invalid and unlikely to be counted in 4 swing states - 900,000 in Florida alone.

:lol:

So how are these "Republican" justices ordering changes to state laws to allow the counting of invalid votes?
Last edited by Doug64 on 01 Nov 2020 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
By JohnRawls
Doug64 wrote:Taking a last pre-election look at various stats, starting with mail-in ballots returned and early in-person voting in some battleground states by party breakdown, and how the total compares to 2016:

• Ohio: R 49% (+1), I 13%, D 38% (-1), +94% (-10)
  • Michigan: R 42% (+1), I 19% (-1), D 39%, +192% (-14)
  • Texas: R 53%, I 11% (+1), D 36% (-1), +73% (-121)
  • Wisconsin: R 43% (+1), I 22%, D 35% (-1), +235% (-46)

Here's the latest from RealClearPolitics:

Over the past week, Biden's lead in the RCP's average betting odds holds steady, at Biden +30.5 29.5 (R+1.0).

RCP National Average: Biden 51.5 Trump 43.9 Spread Biden +8.1 7.6 (R+0.5)
    Battleground States Average: Biden 47.7 Trump 46.4 Spread Biden +1.3 (R+0.1 )

Electoral College Map: Biden 242 (-20) Trump 125 (-1) Toss Ups (spread <= +5) 171 (+21)
    Electoral College No Toss Ups: Biden 369 Trump 169 D+14)
    Electoral College No Toss Ups (<=Biden+3): Biden 279 Trump 259 (D+1)
    Electoral College No Toss Ups (<=Biden+4): Biden 242 Trump 296

Battlegrounds
    Arizona: Biden 47.6 Trump 46.5 Spread Biden +1.1 (R+1.3 )
    Florida: Biden 48.3 Trump 47.6 Spread Biden +0.7 (R+1.1)
    Georgia: Biden 48.0 Trump 47.2 Spread Biden +0.8
    Iowa: Biden 45.8 Trump 46.5 Spread Trump +0.7 (R+1.7)
    Maine CD2: Biden 46.0 Trump 42.0 Spread Biden +4.0 (D+6)
    Minnesota: Biden 47.5 Trump 43.5 Spread Biden +4.0
    Nebraska CD2: Biden 50.0 Trump 47.0 Spread Biden +3.0
    Nevada: Biden 49.0 Trump 45.7 Spread Biden +3.3 (R+0.7)
    North Carolina: Biden 47.8 Trump 47.5 Spread Biden +0.3 (R+1.2)
    Ohio: Biden 47.5 Trump 46.5 Spread Biden +1.0 (D+1.3)
    Pennsylvania: Biden 49.3 Trump 45.3 Spread Biden +4.0
    Texas: Biden 46.0 Trump 47.5 Spread Trump +1.5 (D+2.0)

2020 vs. 2016
    Top Battlegrounds: 2020 D+3.1 2016 D+1.3 Spread Biden +1.8 (D+1.8 )
    RCP National Average: 2020 D+7.2 2016 D+2.2 Spread Biden +5.0 (D+0.7)
    Favorability Ratings: 2020 D+19.7 2016 D+5.4 Spread Biden +3.9 14.3 (D+10.4)

For the Senate, as per the Cook Report, this week there is one shift, but not one likely to make a difference. Giving each party 2/3 of their leaners, 1/2 of the toss-ups, and 1/3 of the opposite party's leaners, this would give the Democrats 51.8 and the Republicans 48.2:

• No election Democrat (35)
  • Safe Democrat (10): Delaware (D), Illinois (D), Massachusetts (D), Minnesota (D), New Hampshire (D), New Jersey (D), New Mexico (D), Oregon (D), Rhode Island (D), Virginia (D)
  • Leans Democrat (3): Arizona (R), Colorado (R), Michigan (D)
  • Toss-Ups (7): Georgia (R), Georgia (R), Iowa (R), Maine (R), Montana (R), North Carolina (R), South Carolina (R)
  • Leans Republican (4): Alaska (R), Alabama (D), Kansas (R), Texas (R)
  • Likely Republican (2, +1): Kentucky (R), Mississippi (R)
  • Safe Republican (9, -1): Arkansas (R), Idaho (R), Louisiana (R), Nebraska (R), Oklahoma (R), South Dakota (R), Tennessee (R), West Virginia (R), Wyoming (R)
  • No election Republican (30)

And for the House, again per the Cook Report, there are no changes this week. Giving each party 2/3 of their leaners, 1/2 of the toss-ups, and 1/3 of the opposite party's leaners, that gives us Democrats 239.7, Republicans 195.3. So again absent a wave that's a small Democratic increase from 2018's 235 D / 199 R:

• Safe Democrat: 191
  • Likely Democrat: 18
  • Leans Democrat: 19
  • Toss-Ups: 25
  • Leans Republican: 15
  • Likely Republican: 13
  • Safe Republican: 153

There are eleven governors up for election, and once again no change from last week. This would give us Democrats 23.5, Republicans 26.5—maybe the Republicans will net a +1:

• No election Democrat (20)
  • Safe Democrat (2): Delaware (D), Washington (D)
  • Leans Democrat (1): North Carolina (D)
  • Toss-Up (1): Montana (D)
  • Leans Republican (1): Missouri (R)
  • Safe Republican (6): Indiana (R), New Hampshire (R), North Dakota (R), Utah (R), Vermont (R), West Virginia (R)
  • No election Republican (19)

Yes, Trump a) has no filter, and b) has no sense of subtlety--whether he is condemning or praising someone, defending his own actions or attacking someone else's, he lays it on with a trowel. Which is why I don't bother to listen to Trump's speeches or press conferences. All you can judge him by is his actions, and in the case of both Russia and China Trump has taken a harder line than the Obama/Biden administration.

Fair enough, I like to think I'm the same.

I have to disagree. Yes, it is negative campaigning, but if it is both accurate and relevant then there is nothing despicable about it. And what Biden as vice president knew about Hunter's activities, whether he encouraged it, ignored it, or tried to discourage it is relevant to how his character. Since it pretty clear that Biden at least knew about it (and lied about that fact), at best Biden is in the same position as Eli in 1st Samuel 2.

Yes, there is are MSM(R), they have names like Breitbart, Newsmax, Townhall, RedState. The MSM(D) have names like MSNBC, CNN, New York Times, Washington Post.

So how are these "Republican" justices ordering changes to state laws to allow the counting of invalid votes?

PRESINDET BIDEN, PRESIDENT BIDEN, PRESIDENT BIDEN!!

By ingliz
Doug64 wrote:how

Suppressing the vote...

In Texas, by voiding the 100,000+ votes cast in Electoral Commission authorised drop off boxes and drive thru voting stations.

In Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, by overturning lower court rulings that late mail-in votes, postmarked on or before the 3rd November, should be counted with a postal service that is barely running at 85% on time delivery (Coincidentally, or not, the service has worsened this past fortnight. The only time posting a vote was possible due to their Commissions late mail out of ballots).

In Florida, by imposing a poll tax on the poor.

:)
By jimjam
For months now Fat Donald has been drumming up support for his Plan B …… what possible reason could there be for him losing other than the election was stolen from. It is interesting to see that he accuses his opponents of doing what he himself and his fellow Republican gang members propose to do …. steal the election. This is blatantly obvious but his so called "base" insists upon demonstrating one more time their abject stupidity by lapping it up.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

He was "one of the good ones". Of cours[…]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]