Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Oxymoron wrote:results might be the same now, I do not see Roy having a chance.

It's possible. I don't know how menacing Tyson is anymore, since all I see of him these days is him solving mysteries with a Victorian ghost and a bird that sounds like Norm MacDonald.
By Oxymoron
Goranhammer wrote:It's possible. I don't know how menacing Tyson is anymore, since all I see of him these days is him solving mysteries with a Victorian ghost and a bird that sounds like Norm MacDonald.

From videos i see he is incredible shape and fast and powerful
By ness31
He is being accused of taking PEDs - past and present.

No one has explained the postponement.
By Crantag
Goranhammer wrote:Yeah Tyson was on the shallow end of the heavyweight division but I never remember RJJ ever being close to heavyweight. I remember his fights against guys like Antonio Tarver and Felix Trinidad. Was he class-hopping and fighting Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis when I wasn't looking?

Roy Jones beat John Ruiz for the WBA heavyweight belt prior to fighting Tarver.
By Crantag
Goranhammer wrote:Then it's probably good for Jones that it never happened, because if we're talking about TRUE Tyson prime (Cus D'Amato still alive, Rooney in his corner, and he never even heard of Robin Givens or Don King), Tyson would've fucked him like he paid for dinner. Late 80s Tyson was the scariest son of a bitch I have ever seen in my life.

Roy Jones was a 1988 Olympian middleweight, different eras. There was talk of them fighting at the end of Tyson's career, in the late 2000s.

By the way this is going to be easy work for Roy Jones.
Crantag wrote:Roy Jones was a 1988 Olympian middleweight, different eras. There was talk of them fighting at the end of Tyson's career, in the late 2000s.

By the way this is going to be easy work for Roy Jones.

He probably would've beaten Tyson in the late aughts because Tyson was a shell of himself. He basically was fighting to keep the repo man off his property and prison took a toll on him.
ness31 wrote:He is being accused of taking PEDs - past and present.

No one has explained the postponement.

Which one? I assume RJJ.

I fully believe Tyson was natural because a) he was a gym rat, and b) if he was on roids, he would've absolutely self-destructed because he'd rage out without pharmaceutical assistance. With it, I truly believe he would've killed someone.
By Crantag
Goranhammer wrote:Which one? I assume RJJ.

I fully believe Tyson was natural because a) he was a gym rat, and b) if he was on roids, he would've absolutely self-destructed because he'd rage out without pharmaceutical assistance. With it, I truly believe he would've killed someone.

I meant to say early 2000s, Tyson last fought in 2004.
By ness31
Goranhammer wrote:Which one? I assume RJJ.

I dunno, some dude called Chael Sonnen is talking smack about Tyson.

You are very kind to Tyson. It’s not like he didn’t self destruct and in retrospect don’t you think he could pass for a bit of a roid rager? :eh:
By Crantag
ness31 wrote:I dunno, some dude called Chael Sonnen is talking smack about Tyson.

You are very kind to Tyson. It’s not like he didn’t self destruct and in retrospect don’t you think he could pass for a bit of a roid rager? :eh:

A recent headline was "Tyson admits to using a prosthetic penis in his career."

He actually talks about it in his book. Specifically, when he knocked out Andrew Golota, he failed the post-fight drug test because he wasn't able to get his 'wizzer' on before he got tested (I know because I read the book not because I clicked the bait, I don't know what was said in the recent clickbait pieces) and as a result the fight was a no contest.

By the way, the substance he failed the test for was........ marijuana.
ness31 wrote:I dunno, some dude called Chael Sonnen is talking smack about Tyson.

No, although I can see why someone would think that on the surface.

There are subtleties between a man who gets his physique with enhancements and someone who does it au naturale. Yeah he was prone to fits of rage. Yeah, he was ripped. However, those are easily explained. He basically just lived in a gym. He had a passion, a raw determination, and simply used boxing as an outlet for what could be POLITELY considered a shitty childhood.
By Crantag
Goranhammer wrote:No, although I can see why someone would think that on the surface.

There are subtleties between a man who gets his physique with enhancements and someone who does it au naturale. Yeah he was prone to fits of rage. Yeah, he was ripped. However, those are easily explained. He basically just lived in a gym. He had a passion, a raw determination, and simply used boxing as an outlet for what could be POLITELY considered a shitty childhood.

I'm not the least surprised to hear of any high level athlete using PEDs, but in Tyson's case, he was already huge when he was 12 apparently, around when he started boxing. He's short, but stout, it's his natural condition, and obviously refined in the gym. That he did fail a test because of the situation I mentioned but all he had in is system was marijuana is in his favor for this imo, and there's basically no reason to accuse him of PEDs that I know of. Roy Jones might have had some questions in the past, I don't know the details really.
By ness31
Crantag wrote:A recent headline was "Tyson admits to using a prosthetic penis in his career."

He actually talks about it in his book. Specifically, when he knocked out Andrew Golota, he failed the post-fight drug test because he wasn't able to get his 'wizzer' on before he got tested (I know because I read the book not because I clicked the bait, I don't know what was said in the recent clickbait pieces) and as a result the fight was a no contest.

By the way, the substance he failed the test for was........ marijuana.

No surprises about the weed. The prosthetic penis is somewhat confusing. I um..ah, I’m not even going to speculate how a prosthetic would work if you are in possession of your own. It sounds...invasive :|

No, although I can see why someone would think that on the surface.

While his physique never looked ‘fake’ it was just his excessive aggression that might make one suspicious.

In what world do you think you can bite another athletes ear off and get away with it? I watched that footage over and over. Tyson is genuinely surprised when they stop the fight for his lapse into cannibalism :lol:

Anyway, I never thought he used PED, but I’m a bit dumb with this stuff.
ness31 wrote:While his physique never looked ‘fake’ it was just his excessive aggression that might make one suspicious.

There were mumblings that he was diagnosed bipolar and that he was intentionally denied lithium in the times up to the fight to increase his aggressiveness. I seriously hope that wasn't true. If so, it's cruel and borderline criminal.

Eventually it just morphed into him being a man of excess. He was the quintessential case of young money who eventually started surrounding himself with "yes-men", to the point where he thought he was invincible and the rules didn't apply to him. Took a rape conviction to prove otherwise.
By ness31
The interview after the fight was amusing :lol:

I dunno, I think Tyson dominated. It took them 4 rounds to warm up, but they got there in the end :lol:
ness31 wrote:The interview after the fight was amusing :lol:

I dunno, I think Tyson dominated. It took them 4 rounds to warm up, but they got there in the end :lol:

The fact that it was called a draw is basically just a way to let Roy Jones Jr. save face.

They made a deal that Tyson wouldn't go high, so that son of a bitch worked the ribs like Rocky pounding a freezer carcass.

Even with that caveat, I still haven't seen a soul that says Tyson didn't win that fight resoundingly. Also if Tyson did go for the face, everyone knows that he would've FUUUUUUCKED up Roy.

It's a good thing that this was an exhibition because Tyson could've put him in a real hurt locker.
By ness31
so that son of a bitch worked the ribs like Rocky pounding a freezer carcass.

It may have just been my impression, but in the interview it seemed as though Roy was clutching at his midriff, you know, crossing his arms uncomfortably...
Poor bastard, god knows how he pulled up the next day.
By Godstud
Tyson won it handily. The 5th round was the only round where Jones even showed a little bit of offense.

Calling it a "draw" was laughable. Still, if you have 4 judges, this is bound to happen. It's also another guaranteed payday. :knife:

Warnings for civilians to evacuate, including drop[…]

You have mentionned "rape" in about a q[…]

What interests are those? He is an honorary US […]

The tail has been wagging the dog.. Israel is a[…]