Just an Opinion - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By Jeremiah Squatpump
#15138849
Sprinkled with facts.

I was born at the back end of the British Empire. I did my fair share of waving a little flag and can still remember most of the words to ‘Rule Britannia.’ Sometimes, I still compare values in old £sd and my earliest memory is being told to sit under a desk with my hands protecting my head during the Cuban missile crisis.

I lived through the 70s and watched Britain turning towards communism under Labour. I saw Margaret Thatcher destroy British industry in the 80s under individualism and ‘There is no such thing as society.’ Blair came in and in a bankrupt country with the heavy industries gone, flooded it with borrowed money in the hope that would stimulate a collapsed economy. It didn’t and the 2008 collapse followed. I don’t need Google to give me a second hand opinion, I lived through it.

In between the forces and uni’ I travelled about a lot and saw countries try to build utopias, which never worked, but was always told it was someone else’s fault. What I saw were facts and they undoubtedly shaped my opinions, just as Google shapes the opinions of the present generation which leads many to assume they are facts.

My experiences produced facts of my own. I know that you can’t socially engineer societies using socialism or communism and pretend the dictatorships they all result in are democratic. There is also truth in Aristotle’s saying of, ‘Society is something that precedes the individual.’ What this means is that over a period of time the ideology we’re born into shapes our world view. The 99% never owned anything, but elected the 1% who promised them they would. Imagine my surprise then (not), when Britain threw in its lot with the EU through treaties signed by a succession of pro-EU PMs. My initial thought at the time was, ‘Oh no, here we go again.’

Which brings us to the present. If Aristotle was correct, Britain now closely resembles the EU ideology of liberal democracy. The BBC, once world renowned for its impartiality is now a mouthpiece for woke liberalism. The police meant to uphold the law have been politicized to the extent of bending a knee to BLM and EU propaganda is pumped into schoolchildren. All that is not a surprise, it’s the consequences reflecting the beliefs of a generation in which the institutions have come to resemble the same beliefs.

As we sit in our politically correct EU utopia socially engineered around multiculturalism, diversity and equality and led by an elite political class, we should spare a thought for all the other societies who went down the same road. The minimum wage gig-economy, the rising poverty, huge unemployment, crime … countered by TV adverts of fictitious multicultural families in luxurious homes spending like there’s no tomorrow and stories of coming starvation if we Brexit, we can always console ourselves that we’re doing great (compared to Bulgaria). And as it all collapses and it will, the same cry will go up as all the others, ‘it’s someone else’s fault.’ :)

Image
#15138852
Have you heard the latest? We now have the proposed introduction of a ‘freedom pass.’ This allows us to move around freely if we test negative for the covid flu for two week periods and it’s renewable. Isn’t that something? Now we really can prove we have freedom. :roll:

Exclusive: Two Covid tests a week could win people a 'freedom pass.'
‘Mr Hunt has been urging the Government to go further and give people an incentive to be tested by allowing them “to go out, shop and go to work” if they test negative.’

As Britain starts to collapse under a quarter century of EU led stupidity, be prepared for more drip fed authoritarianism.
By B0ycey
#15138865
Jeremiah Squatpump wrote:Have you heard the latest? We now have the proposed introduction of a ‘freedom pass.’ This allows us to move around freely if we test negative for the covid flu for two week periods and it’s renewable. Isn’t that something? Now we really can prove we have freedom. :roll:

Exclusive: Two Covid tests a week could win people a 'freedom pass.'
‘Mr Hunt has been urging the Government to go further and give people an incentive to be tested by allowing them “to go out, shop and go to work” if they test negative.’

As Britain starts to collapse under a quarter century of EU led stupidity, be prepared for more drip fed authoritarianism.


Perhaps start a thread on this Squaty....

It shows the desperation of the government especially as it will be open to fraud. But maybe I am pessimistic. Perhaps it will be a success like our world beating app. :lol:
#15138867
B0ycey wrote:Perhaps start a thread on this Squaty....

It shows the desperation of the government especially as it will be open to fraud. But maybe I am pessimistic. Perhaps it will be a success like our world beating app. :lol:


I’m sure someone will come along and do a thread on it and tell us all how democratic and freedom loving it is. ;)
User avatar
By AFAIK
#15138868
I'm happy to hear the gov't is restricting people's freedom to spread disease.
By B0ycey
#15138869
Jeremiah Squatpump wrote:I’m sure someone will come along and do a thread on it and tell us all how democratic and freedom loving it is. ;)


Nobody will do that because the Covid cheerleaders on here are all of a "certain age" or not from the UK.

Nonetheless I would make more threads myself but it is a pain in the ass as I tend to use my phone on PoFo (so post on the run) and providing sources is basically impossible without copy and paste. So all I will say is who does the government think is going to be paying for the 140 million tests a week and who do they think is going to verify the results for your "Freedom Pass"?

I have never bought this notion that we shouldn't isolate the vulnerable because it will be ineffective (we haven't tried it so how can you think that), but if the government wants to try and open up society, letting people take responsibility for their own health seems at better way forward than freedom passes that everyone will ignore, forge or manipulate. Besides I read mass vaccination will be available by April so perhaps advising those who stay home during the winter months anyway isn't as far fetched as the doubters might think.
Last edited by B0ycey on 22 Nov 2020 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By ingliz
#15138874
Jeremiah Squatpump wrote:Sprinkled with facts

And this is not one of them.

"being told to sit under a desk with my hands protecting my head during the Cuban missile crisis.

This never happened in the UK.


:lol:
#15138875
ingliz wrote:And this is not one of them.

"being told to sit under a desk with my hands protecting my head during the Cuban missile crisis.

This never happened in the UK.


:lol:


It may have not happened on Google, but it did in real life and the testing of the old air raid sirens.
Last edited by Jeremiah Squatpump on 22 Nov 2020 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
#15138876
A vaccine for flu?! I had the covid NHS one a few months ago. What does testing prove except to say on a particular day you didn’t have it, but doesn’t prove you won’t have it tomorrow?

I spent all this morning clearing the dead off the streets and yesterday piling the bodies into fridge trailers in hospital car parks. I saw the dying sprawled all over the floor in the A&E departments … You do believe me, don’t you? :lol:
User avatar
By ingliz
#15138877
Jeremiah Squatpump wrote:It may have not happened on Google, but it did in real life.

Bollocks!


:lol:

testing old air raid sirens

That is true and they kept testing them well into the eighties.


:lol:
Last edited by ingliz on 22 Nov 2020 14:21, edited 1 time in total.
By B0ycey
#15138879
Jeremiah Squatpump wrote:What does testing prove except to say on a particular day you didn’t have it, but doesn’t prove you won’t have it tomorrow?


Indeed. This is another issue with "Freedom passes". And who is allowed to verify the pass can I ask? Jimmy Bullshit on checkouts in TesBury's? I suspect not.

Nonetheless we had this discussion on here when we were talking about passes for those who already had the virus... you know the ones who 'survived'. The concensus was everyone would deliberately get the virus. :lol:

Fake Freedom passes will be the order of the day and as you say, it doesn't stop the spread if you catch the virus day one after the second test anyways.
Last edited by B0ycey on 22 Nov 2020 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
#15138881
B0ycey wrote:Indeed. Another issue with "Freedom passes". And who is allowed to verify the pass can I ask? Jimmy Bullshit on checkouts in TesBury's? I suspect not.

We had this discussion on here when we were talking about passes for those who already had the virus and you know 'survived'. The concensus was everyone would deliberately have the virus. :lol:

Fake Freedom passes will be the order of the day and as you say, it doesn't stop the spread if you catch the virus day one after the second test.


Covid is a variation of SARS. It’s a respiratory disease and the deaths are from secondary effects such as pneumonia. It primarily effects those with weak immune systems such as the elderly and those with pre-conditions such as bronchitis and asthma. The vast majority of deaths are from patients in this category, which is why when someone dies who isn’t elderly it makes news headlines because it’s so rare.
Covid is the next panic installment after Greta’s end of the world prediction that many fell for and this link is a lot nearer the truth.

NHS Consultant Says Staff Are Being Silenced Over COVID-19
By B0ycey
#15138883
Jeremiah Squatpump wrote:NHS Consultant Says Staff Are Being Silenced Over COVID-19


Yeah, I have heard this. Some nurse in Cornwall has said the same thing. Gagging seems wrong in a world of free speech so whoever is making that call needs to be brought up on why they feel the need to do this at the very list.

As for Gretna, her prediction of 12 years might be far fetched but climate change most definitely isn't.
#15138889
B0ycey wrote:Yeah, I have heard this. Some nurse in Cornwall has said the same thing. Gagging seems wrong in a world of free speech so whoever is making that call needs to be brought up on why they feel the need to do this at the very list.

As for Gretna, her prediction of 12 years might be far fetched but climate change most definitely isn't.


It’s all far-fetched. From Al Gore and his ice caps melting in 2015 to Greta and her doomsday prediction to environmentalist Sheryl Crowe’s using one sheet of toilet paper to save the planet … Following Feed the World and Claude Junker in touch with aliens from another planet. The whole lot is a nonsense and the ramblings of a belief based society.
User avatar
By ingliz
#15138890
Jeremiah Squatpump wrote:ice caps melting in 2015

Ice caps were melting in 2015 and are melting in 2020, though.





:)
Last edited by ingliz on 22 Nov 2020 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
By B0ycey
#15138891
Jeremiah Squatpump wrote:It’s all far-fetched. From Al Gore and his ice caps melting in 2015 to Greta and her doomsday prediction to environmentalist Sheryl Crowe’s using one sheet of toilet paper to save the planet … Following Feed the World and Claude Junker in touch with aliens from another planet. The whole lot is a nonsense and the ramblings of a belief based society.


Can't argue stats. All top ten global temperatures are in 2000s. This debate reminds me of 'smoking doesn't cause cancer' BS in the 80s. Old habits are hard to change it seems. Convenience before logic.

And yes, the ice caps are melting. They have had to move the Halley Research Centre because of it.
#15138893
ingliz wrote:Ice caps were melting in 2015 and are melting in 2020, though.



:)


Depends on which source you go to, which is why they’re predictions based on beliefs.

Image
User avatar
By Tainari88
#15138900
My opinion is that the value system that the economic matrix of the world is built on is false and detrimental. If you change the value system you change the world. If you change yourself and take full responsibility for everything you do and live your live fully cognizant of the mindful choices you make minute by minute, day by day, hour by hour and grow a sense of responsibility and duty along with love and caring for yourself and others in society? You change the world.

Got to start that process and not blame what is wrong with the world on people who you find repulsive and wrong. Got to work on what you can control. Yourself and the people who you can influence because you care about them, respect them and trust them. if we do that? We get to the part about making a better world.

Meanwhile if we keep thinking our culture, language, nation, socioeconomic class, sex, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic group, and so on is the end all of humanity and believe a bunch of lies and bad values that say we too can be some casino type get rich capitalist without effort or work and just by magically thinking our needs will be met by forcing a failed system down the throat of everyone else wanting to do something different? Our destiny as a group will not be good. :roll:
User avatar
By ingliz
#15138905
Jeremiah Squatpump wrote:2015 NASA REPORT SAYS...

The problem is the 2015 study yielded results that flew in the face of past measurements made by another more accurate NASA tool, the GRACE satellites, which record the changing mass of ice based on differential tugs of gravity on the spacecraft as they pass over the planet.


:lol:

Thank you. I see that you are not using the same […]

Election 2020

But something did happen, Finfinder. Something tr[…]

Qatzel uses words, I use diagrams: philosophical[…]

If people lack the intelligence to put the proper[…]