Election 2020 - Page 415 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By Potemkin
#15138871
JohnRawls wrote:That is because you wouldn't be excited about anybody. May be Bernie could excite you but I think that even he would disillusion you as a "Capitalist sell out".

The main problem with Biden is that he is old. Otherwise his head is in the right place if he will try to unite the country as he has always done during his career. He also comes from the Obama team and considering that Obama was really fucking good all the propaganda aside that is a big plus. (He is actually considered to be the most respected/popular politician in the world right now)

In any sane society, Obama would indeed be regarded as one of the most respected and popular politicians in the world. America is, however, not such a society. Anyone from the "Obama team" is therefore not going to be able to "unite the country", through no fault of their own.
#15138880
Anonymous Voter Fraud Guy: I worked on the failed Bernie campaign. I know a lot about how to cheat at elections to help people win.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15138887
Doug64 wrote:Why is it that Democrats think their voters are too incompetent to follow common sense laws protecting the integrity of the vote? In this case Georgia already requires a photo ID to vote in person, they're just talking about extending that to mail-in ballots. But apparently providing a photocopy of a photo ID with the ballot is too hard.


I made no mention of photo IDs. What does that have to do with you wanting to live in a 1 party state?
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15138892
ingliz wrote:@annatar1914


Judge Matthew William Brann spent years as a Republican Party official in Pennsylvania and was active in the Federalist Society and National Rifle Association


IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA

DONALD J. TRUMP FOR
PRESIDENT, INC., et al.,
Plaintiffs,
v.
KATHY BOOCKVAR, et al.,
Defendants.
No. 4:20-CV-02078
(Judge Brann)
MEMORANDUM OPINION
NOVEMBER 21, 2020


Brann penned an opinion that could support sanctions of discipline against both the lawyers who filed the complaint [then withdrew] and the succeeding counsel who pressed frivolous claims in apparent violation of RPC 3.1.


A case that is “dismissed with prejudice” is completely and permanently over.


:)


It's amusing really in a sick kind of way, when I recall a time when Liberals were concerned about computer hacking of elections, voter fraud on a mass scale, and election integrity. When it was a Republican who apparently won, most recently President Trump. I remember the dark insinuations of the Russians ''rigging the elections for Trump'', and now (but of course!) the 2020 election is suddenly the safest and most secure election in American history :roll:

I know that you specifically don't care about the integrity of the 2020 election, as long as President Trump is beaten, and I suspect most of the resident Liberals feel the same way.To be fair, if they are dishonest about it they probably are dishonest first of all admitting it even to themselves. After all, if the guy is dangerous, perhaps a fascist or something, a criminal-surely they understand elements of the government who never fully accepted his Presidency (especially if they were holdovers from the Clinton, Bush, and Obama years) would engage in and possibly carry out an election steal. And if they themselves meant the United States no good, even more so.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence which necessitates going before the highest court in the land, the US Supreme Court, for final resolution. Gaslighting and obfuscation of that fact is telling in itself, a fear that the results desired by Liberals are a mirage and can be legally overturned, that if these claims are true, some people could even go to jail.

If these claims are true and as this all goes forwards, I fully expect a campaign to discredit the US Supreme Court's conservative judges, an effort to ignore an unfavorable ruling, and rioting in the streets. A favorable ruling will be praised of course, but that is what all this bullshit denial of even the possibility of a stolen election is all about; to prepare the rank and file for an unfavorable ruling and denial of legitimacy of a second Trump administration; not that they conferred much legitimacy on him after 2016. If that's the case, I fully expect another impeachment attempt among other obstructive measures.
User avatar
By Fasces
#15138894
It's amusing really in a sick kind of way, when I recall a time when Liberals were concerned about computer hacking of elections, voter fraud on a mass scale, and election integrity.


Which party was it again that refused to consider measures to improve election security in 2020?

the 2020 election is suddenly the safest and most secure election in American history


According to which official appointed by which President of which Party?

:roll:
User avatar
By Rancid
#15138895
Another pattern you notice with the lawyers is, the that the lawyers that are telling all the lies to the media, are not the same lawyers that are in the court room (most of the time). I wonder if this is some sort of indirection tactic so that the lawyers that are lying to the media don't get in trouble.
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15138896
Fasces wrote:Which party was it again that refused to consider measures to improve election security in 2020?



According to which official appointed by which President of which Party?

:roll:


This is ''Whataboutism'' at it's finest. Not being a Republican or a ''Conservative'', I don't have a partisan dog in this hunt. GOP stupidity is on an epic scale, if you want to call it stupidity because many in the GOP are Establishment politicians who have no particular love for Trump or his Nationalist and Populist ideology. Again, I doubt you would be crying much if it turned out to be a stolen election, as long as Trump were removed.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15138897
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ehind-him/

"No president in American history has ever before spent the end of his time in office trying to discredit our democracy, degrade the federal government and set Americans against each other. And what of the Republican Party? They, too, are finishing the Trump presidency the way they started it, with a show of complicity and cowardice."

I think this whole thing is making me reconsider every voting for a Republican again.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15138898
@annatar1914, what scenario would you want to see played out in order to get the spiritual and moral enlightenment you want to see sweep the globe?
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15138899
Rancid wrote:@annatar1914, what scenario would you want to see played out in order to get the spiritual and moral enlightenment you want to see sweep the globe?


A more just social order, with leadership from good and moral men who are honest, hard-working, intelligent, and have strength of character, who cannot be bought and who have the common good as their sole public interest.

But the present cast of corrupt scum and immoral and unjust ''leaders'' has to go, be removed. I'm not against President Trump failing in his re-election bid, what I'm against are evil means to remove him, and the civil and cultural strife that would be the result. Biden/Harris are not the answer either, unfortunately.
User avatar
By ingliz
#15138901
annatar1914 wrote:Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence which necessitates going before the highest court in the land, the US Supreme Court, for final resolution.

Why, when no evidence, extraordinary or not, has been presented in a lower court?

"[T]his Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence. In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more. At bottom, Plaintiffs have failed to meet their burden to state a claim upon which relief may be granted. Therefore, I grant Defendants’ motions and dismiss Plaintiffs’ action with prejudice."

A case that is “dismissed with prejudice” is completely and permanently over. No leave to appeal. No Supreme Court.


:lol:
User avatar
By Fasces
#15138904
good and moral men who are honest, hard-working, intelligent, and have strength of character, who cannot be bought and who have the common good as their sole public interest.


Ah yes, Donald J. Trump.
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15138908
ingliz wrote:Why, when no evidence, extraordinary or not, has been presented in a lower court?

"[T]his Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence. In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more. At bottom, Plaintiffs have failed to meet their burden to state a claim upon which relief may be granted. Therefore, I grant Defendants’ motions and dismiss Plaintiffs’ action with prejudice."

A case that is “dismissed with prejudice” is completely and permanently over. No leave to appeal. No Supreme Court.


:lol:


I have my serious doubts and reservations about that, as far as the larger effort of Trump's re-election campaign goes. But if it stops here it stops here.

''Peacemakers who sow in peace reap the fruit of righteousness''

There's no need for strife, for evil. This is an election being peacefully resolved through legal means one way or another, perhaps contrary to your desires.
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15138909
Rancid wrote:You mean democracy?


The US is a Republic, and if he has been removed in a legitimate way under the present system that nobody can contradict that's fine. My thinking isn't an endorsement of the present system either necessarily, but of peace, the absence of civil strife.
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15138910
Fasces wrote:Ah yes, Donald J. Trump.


I detect a note of sarcasm there. But no, not Donald J. Trump and not a goodly portion of the politicians in the United States either.
User avatar
By Random American
#15138911
annatar1914 wrote:The US is a Republic, and if he has been removed in a legitimate way under the present system that nobody can contradict that's fine. My thinking isn't an endorsement of the present system either necessarily, but of peace, the absence of civil strife.

We are a Republic with Democratic elements. While we are not a full democracy, it's not like popular opinion should be ignored.
User avatar
By annatar1914
#15138912
Random American wrote:We are a Republic with Democratic elements. While we are not a full democracy, it's not like popular opinion should be ignored.


Even good and just Monarchs have listened to popular opinion and not ignored it. Although popular opinion is not exactly a measure of what is good and right all the time either.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15138913
annatar1914 wrote:
The US is a Republic, and if he has been removed in a legitimate way under the present system that nobody can contradict that's fine. My thinking isn't an endorsement of the present system either necessarily, but of peace, the absence of civil strife.


The terms democracy and republic are used used interchangeably in the US. Regardless, are you saying the current system is evil? Do you think he has not been removed legitimately?

You seem to be beating around the bush a lot here. YOu claim to not care, but then you seem to care. Which is it here? Why do you support Trump, but then claim not to?
Last edited by Rancid on 22 Nov 2020 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Random American
#15138914
annatar1914 wrote:Even good and just Monarchs have listened to popular opinion and not ignored it. Although popular opinion is not exactly a measure of what is good and right all the time either.

I get that, but I do not see a legal way for Trump to stay in power, nor does he have the people on his side except for a bunch of dumb-asses. Trump will have to step down unless he could manage a coup or something.
  • 1
  • 413
  • 414
  • 415
  • 416
  • 417
  • 438
Election 2020

So you have determined before all the evidence is[…]

Thank you. I see that you are not using the same […]

Qatzel uses words, I use diagrams: philosophical[…]

If people lack the intelligence to put the proper[…]