Election 2020 - Page 423 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By ingliz
blackjack21 wrote:Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution

For a state legislature to invalidate a popular election would be equivalent to simply refusing to count the citizens’ votes. The Constitution unambiguously prohibits disenfranchising any eligible voters, much less an entire state’s worth.

14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

In other news...

A $3 Million recount in Wisconsin’s largest county demanded and paid for by Trump ended on Friday with the president-elect, Joe Biden, gaining votes.

:lol:
By Istanbuller
This election is probably the most rigged election in memory. It resembles fake elections in dictatorships. Anti- Trumpism fueled election wrongdoings.

Another important thing to be mentioned is divisions within the country. They become more visible. The US now resembles the failed state of Canada. There are no cultural, political, ethnic links between population groups.
By Rugoz
colliric wrote:Well you can't say he isn't a fan of sticking up for tradition, since that is the traditional 19th century time when the loser would concede the result, from before the invention of mass media changed that tradition.

Lol.

The timing of his concession is not really the issue here. Last time I checked Trump still pretends the election was a total scam and we all know he will never stop doing that, even if he concedes.

blackjack21 wrote:It creates kind of an interesting twist. If the Democrats want to stuff the ballot box and pretend Biden got 80M votes, it could be that Republicans revert to the selecting electors by the state legislature, rather than whoever won the popular vote in that state--or perhaps even dumping the winner-take-all system and granting electors based upon who won in particular Congressional districts. So imagine a case where Biden gets 3-4 electors from PA, and Trump gets 16-17. It can happen and it's perfectly constitutional.

Nice Trumpster fantasy. The question is, how many Pennsylvanians believe the election in their own state was fraudulent? Because the GOP there will inevitably and seriously piss off all the others if it overrides the officially certified popular vote. Hence it won't happen.
Please keep the tears coming, folks. Chuck and Nancy stole the election and their ain't shit Trump, the weakest bitch who ever lived, can do to stop them from stealing the election in broad daylight in the most obvious fraud ever.

They just snatched it out of Trump's hands and he's powerless to do anything about it. I am choosing to live in your version of reality because it owns.
By ingliz
SpecialOlympian wrote:a town hall for morons

It looks like Biden may take control of the Senate by default after calls from Trumpist die-hards to boycott the runoff elections gain traction among Georgia's Republican voters.

By SpecialOlympian
ingliz wrote:It looks like Biden may take control of the Senate by default after calls from Trumpist die-hards to boycott the runoff elections gain traction among Georgia's Republican voters.

From what I've read this is why Sydney Powell was let go: for accusing Georgia GOP reps of being in on the vast Biden conspiracy.
By blackjack21
ingliz wrote:For a state legislature to invalidate a popular election would be equivalent to simply refusing to count the citizens’ votes. The Constitution unambiguously prohibits disenfranchising any eligible voters, much less an entire state’s worth.

I suppose you could get the SCOTUS to go along with that. However, we already have states that split their presidential vote. Nebraska and Maine come to mind. At any rate, nobody is claiming citizen's votes shouldn't be counted, provided they are alive, of legal voting age and eligible to vote. Dead people, people who aren't registered to vote, people who voted twice, non-people who registered, and political activists stuffing ballot boxes are among the things people contest.

Istanbuller wrote:The US now resembles the failed state of Canada. There are no cultural, political, ethnic links between population groups.

I don't think it is quite like that. It reveals what I've been saying for awhile now: the urban Democrat political machine is utterly corrupt, and that's plain as day. What kind of working class urbanite is seriously going to vote Democrat when the Democrats own inner city politics, shut down the economy and virtually destroyed working class people economically, de-funded the police and then fostered riots for a full six months? What Trumpism reveals is that the two party system is the fiction in America. Working class people voted for Trump. He gained among blacks and Hispanics. He ended up with six million+ more votes than in 2016. So to create the illusion that he lost, they had to pad the Biden vote with upwards of 10 million phony votes, and it's too obvious--especially considering Biden underperformed Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama in all urban areas except Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and Atlanta. That's not even talking about down ballot. Republicans picked up seats in the house, picked up state legislatures, picked up governor's chairs, etc. This is why I loath people like McCain, Romney, Bush, Biden, and Clinton. They are bad news, and not just in the United States. The so-called Syrian civil war cooked up by the Obama administration is a case in point, or Hillary Clinton's "We came, we saw, he died! (maniacal cackle)" The Democrat version of the war machine is every bit as bad as the Bush Republicans.

Rugoz wrote:Last time I checked Trump still pretends the election was a total scam and we all know he will never stop doing that, even if he concedes.

Given 4 years of Russiagate bullshit from the exact same people, why would Trump ever concede in this way? He should give them 4 years of hell. They didn't make life easy for him, why should he do so for them?

Rugoz wrote:Because the GOP there will inevitably and seriously piss off all the others if it overrides the officially certified popular vote. Hence it won't happen.

I'm inclined to agree that it won't happen, but they have already seriously pissed off a huge plurality outside of the Philadelphia and Pittsburg metro areas. I live in an exurb with a dearth of political signage. Once I go out to my houseboat, I see Trump flags flying. I can tell you, those people are not going to go quietly into the night.

SpecialOlympian wrote:From what I've read this is why Sydney Powell was let go: for accusing Georgia GOP reps of being in on the vast Biden conspiracy.

Neoconservatives are all in on removing Trump. Hell, Romney even voted to convict Trump on phony impeachment charges for merely looking into Biden's corruption in Ukraine.

Istanbuller wrote:It resembles fake elections in dictatorships. Anti- Trumpism fueled election wrongdoings.

It does, and in exactly the same ways in some cases--like where the neoliberals play. It's also why the problem with that approach is that the US will become as ungovernable as the other places where they play.
By Drlee
@Istanbuller This election is probably the most rigged election in memory. It resembles fake elections in dictatorships. Anti- Trumpism fueled election wrongdoings.

Can you point to a single thread of evidence that this is true? If you can I am certain that the Republican party (except those who won their races) will pay you millions for your knowledge.
By Doug64
Reasons why most Republicans are never going to accept that Biden legitimately won the election, and why voter integrity reform is going to be desperately needed before 2022 and especially 2024. We’ve had elections stolen before, such as 1960. We’ve even had an election stolen twice, in 1876. But the country isn’t going to survive a series of elections whose legitimacy isn’t believed by almost half the country:

Reasons why the 2020 presidential election is deeply puzzling
To say out-loud that you find the results of the 2020 presidential election odd is to invite derision. You must be a crank or a conspiracy theorist. Mark me down as a crank, then. I am a pollster and I find this election to be deeply puzzling. I also think that the Trump campaign is still well within its rights to contest the tabulations. Something very strange happened in America’s democracy in the early hours of Wednesday November 4 and the days that followed. It’s reasonable for a lot of Americans to want to find out exactly what.

First, consider some facts. President Trump received more votes than any previous incumbent seeking reelection. He got 11 million more votes than in 2016, the third largest rise in support ever for an incumbent. By way of comparison, President Obama was comfortably reelected in 2012 with 3.5 million fewer votes than he received in 2008.

Trump’s vote increased so much because, according to exit polls, he performed far better with many key demographic groups. Ninety-five percent of Republicans voted for him. Catholics also supported Trump in higher numbers. He did extraordinarily well with rural male working-class whites.

He earned the highest share of all minority votes for a Republican since 1960. Trump grew his support among black voters by 50 percent over 2016. Nationally, Joe Biden’s black support fell well below 90 percent, the level below which Democratic presidential candidates usually lose.

Trump increased his share of the national Hispanic vote by two-thirds to more than four-in-ten. With 60 percent or less of the national Hispanic vote, it is arithmetically impossible for a Democratic presidential candidate to win Florida, Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico. Bellwether states swung further in Trump’s direction than in 2016. Florida, Ohio and Iowa each defied America’s media polls with huge wins for Trump. Since 1852, only Richard Nixon has lost the electoral college after winning this trio, and that 1960 defeat to John F. Kennedy is still the subject of great suspicion.

Midwestern states Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin always swing in the same direction as Ohio and Iowa, their regional peers. Ohio likewise swings with Florida. Current tallies show that, outside of a few cities, the Rust Belt swung in Trump’s direction. Yet, Biden leads in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin because of an apparent avalanche of black votes in Detroit, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee. Biden’s ‘winning’ margin was derived almost entirely from such voters in these cities, as coincidentally his black vote spiked only in exactly the locations necessary to secure victory. He did not receive comparable levels of support among comparable demographic groups in comparable states, which is highly unusual for the presidential victor.

We are told that Biden won more votes nationally than any presidential candidate in history. But he won a record low of 17 percent of counties; he only won 524 counties, as opposed to the 873 counties Obama won in 2008. Yet, Biden somehow outdid Obama in total votes.

Victorious presidential candidates, especially challengers, usually have down-ballot coattails; Biden did not. The Republicans held the Senate and enjoyed a ‘red wave’ in the House, where they gained a large number of seats while winning all 27 toss-up contests. Trump’s party did not lose a single state legislature and actually made gains at the state level.

Another anomaly is found in the comparison between the polls and non-polling metrics. The latter include: party registrations trends; the candidates’ respective primary votes; candidate enthusiasm; social media followings; broadcast and digital media ratings; online searches; the number of (especially small) donors; and the number of individuals betting on each candidate.

Despite poor recent performances, media and academic polls have an impressive 80 percent record predicting the winner during the modern era. But, when the polls err, non-polling metrics do not; the latter have a 100 percent record. Every non-polling metric forecast Trump’s reelection. For Trump to lose this election, the mainstream polls needed to be correct, which they were not. Furthermore, for Trump to lose, not only did one or more of these metrics have to be wrong for the first time ever, but every single one had to be wrong, and at the very same time; not an impossible outcome, but extremely unlikely nonetheless.

Atypical voting patterns married with misses by polling and non-polling metrics should give observers pause for thought. Adding to the mystery is a cascade of information about the bizarre manner in which so many ballots were accumulated and counted.

The following 10 peculiarities also lack compelling explanations:

1. Late on election night, with Trump comfortably ahead, many swing states stopped counting ballots. In most cases, observers were removed from the counting facilities. Counting generally continued without the observers

2. Statistically abnormal vote counts were the new normal when counting resumed. They were unusually large in size (hundreds of thousands) and had an unusually high (90 percent and above) Biden-to-Trump ratio

3. Late arriving ballots were counted. In Pennsylvania, 23,000 absentee ballots have impossible postal return dates and another 86,000 have such extraordinary return dates they raise serious questions

4. The failure to match signatures on mail-in ballots. The destruction of mail in ballot envelopes, which must contain signatures

5. Historically low absentee ballot rejection rates despite the massive expansion of mail voting. Such is Biden’s narrow margin that, as political analyst Robert Barnes observes, ‘If the states simply imposed the same absentee ballot rejection rate as recent cycles, then Trump wins the election’

6. Missing votes. In Delaware County, Pennsylvania, 50,000 votes held on 47 USB cards are missing

7. Non-resident voters. Matt Braynard’s Voter Integrity Project estimates that 20,312 people who no longer met residency requirements cast ballots in Georgia. Biden’s margin is 12,670 votes

8. ‘Over votes.’ Pennsylvania mailed out 1.8 million ballots, but 2.5 million ballots were returned. In 10 Pennsylvania counties, Biden secured more votes than there were registered Democratic voters. In Nevada, there are 77,982 more votes in the presidential election than total ballots cast; Biden’s current margin is 33,596. Ballots exceeded the number of residents by 2.5 times in some Georgia precincts

9. Serious ‘chain of custody’ breakdowns. Invalid residential addresses. Record numbers of dead people voting. Ballots in pristine condition without creases, that is, they had not been mailed in envelopes as required by law

10. Statistical anomalies. In Georgia, Biden overtook Trump with 89 percent of the votes counted. For the next 53 batches of votes counted, Biden led Trump by the same exact 50.05 to 49.95 percent margin in every single batch. It is particularly perplexing that all statistical anomalies and tabulation abnormalities were in Biden’s favor. Whether the cause was simple human error or nefarious activity, or a combination, clearly something peculiar happened.

If you think that only weirdos have legitimate concerns about these findings and claims, maybe the weirdness lies in you.
By XogGyux
:lol: So Trump's campaign paid millions to get a recount on Wisconsin and managed to get an even worse loss? This guy seems to have a fetish with embarrassment... who the fucks pays so much money, and keeps this farse just to get an even larger embarrassment in the end. Seriously, if all he wants is the tiny desk so he can play baby president, I am sure Biden can arrange for Trump to get the desk to take home or at least a good replica of it.
Stop wasting your supporters' money you fucking twat!
By XogGyux
Doug64 wrote:Reasons why most Republicans are never going to accept that Biden legitimately won the election, and why voter integrity reform is going to be desperately needed before 2022 and especially 2024. We’ve had elections stolen before, such as 1960. We’ve even had an election stolen twice, in 1876. But the country isn’t going to survive a series of elections whose legitimacy isn’t believed by almost half the country:

Reasons why the 2020 presidential election is deeply puzzling

And yet he lost by what 7M votes and 5 states? landslide.
The only puzzling thing is his first "win" and even that is not much of a mystery.
By Doug64
XogGyux wrote:And yet he lost by what 7M votes and 5 states? landslide.

Trump lost by 0.1% in the battleground states? Squeaker.
By Doug64
XogGyux wrote:LOST

STOLEN
By XogGyux
Doug64 wrote:STOLEN

Too late... your Freudian brain betrayed you. I have your quote for the future and won't release it. It is my hostage to keep now. :lol:
Besides, even a "stolen" election does not make your precious leader appear any less embarrassed... if the election was "stolen" it would mean the single largest crime against democracy in this country occurring under his own presidency. Believe me, he is better off going away under the "misunderstood" than the inept... although deep down everyone knows he is fucking inept.
By Drlee
So here is what Doug64 et all want us to believe. The the president who controls the entire national security apparatus, had the election stolen from him in several states, including states controlled by Republican governors and legislatures. That this theft occurred in counties run by republicans under the noses of republican secretaries of state and election officials.

Then he wants us to believe that none of these people can find evidence that will hold up in court. Then he wants us to believe that the entire justice department, the NSA, the FBI, and all of the federal courts, including those presided over by his own appointments, are either unable to find this massive fraud or are in on it. Then he wants us to believe that nobody loyal to the president has come forward with evidence that will stand up in court.

Only the most abject of fools could even suggest such things are possible.
By Rugoz
blackjack21 wrote:I'm inclined to agree that it won't happen, but they have already seriously pissed off a huge plurality outside of the Philadelphia and Pittsburg metro areas. I live in an exurb with a dearth of political signage. Once I go out to my houseboat, I see Trump flags flying. I can tell you, those people are not going to go quietly into the night.

No doubt large parts of the Republican party are complete lunatics, like yourself and Doug. I suppose the GOP in Pennsylvania still has to appeal to the sane GOP members and maybe independents.

Drlee wrote:So here is what Doug64 et all want us to believe. The the president who controls the entire national security apparatus, had the election stolen from him in several states, including states controlled by Republican governors and legislatures. That this theft occurred in counties run by republicans under the noses of republican secretaries of state and election officials.

Then he wants us to believe that none of these people can find evidence that will hold up in court. Then he wants us to believe that the entire justice department, the NSA, the FBI, and all of the federal courts, including those presided over by his own appointments, are either unable to find this massive fraud or are in on it. Then he wants us to believe that nobody loyal to the president has come forward with evidence that will stand up in court.

Only the most abject of fools could even suggest such things are possible.

Conspiracy nutters always make up elaborate theories to justify their beliefs. They don't care about plausibility.
By jimjam

The times they are a changing ….

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]