Capital Punishment - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15140081
Capital punishment is more reason for warning against committing a crime than imprisonment. For example, Anders Breivik, who killed 77 people, received only 21 years in prison. Do you think that this is tantamount to the death of 77 people? However, I understand how much this is a controversial issue, and more humane people will answer that every life has a price, even a criminal. I recently wrote a research paper on the death penalty and used the article https://studydriver.com/capital-punishm ... -and-cons/ . I looked at two positions: for and against the death penalty. Having described all the pros and cons, I made an obvious conclusion for myself - in rare cases, the death penalty is necessary.
Last edited by JeremyCapone33 on 29 Nov 2020 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15140082
Pants-of-dog wrote:Your feelings about the death penalty do not, in any way, address the racism involved.

POD, you antiracist sentiment is pathologic. You are one of those that thinks silence is racism. IN other words you think a true non-racist person speaks against racism 24/7. That is totally insane.

Lastly, trying to find racism when I said ZERO death penalty is illogical
#15140109
Julian658 wrote:POD, you antiracist sentiment is pathologic. You are one of those that thinks silence is racism. IN other words you think a true non-racist person speaks against racism 24/7. That is totally insane.

Lastly, trying to find racism when I said ZERO death penalty is illogical


This is all irrelevant.

If it bothers you so much when I point out racism, maybe you can just not respond to posts I made almost a whole year ago.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15140145
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is all irrelevant.

If it bothers you so much when I point out racism, maybe you can just not respond to posts I made almost a whole year ago.

Pointing out racism where there is none does not bother me at all. However, I am telling you that it turns off many people and it is detrimental as the word racism lose its true meaning. I suspect you have read the books by Kendi and D'Angelo.
#15140161
Julian658 wrote:Then stop crying racism where there is none.


Are you arguing that racism plays no factor in how sentencing the death penalty is carried out?

If so, please provide evidence for that claim.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15140164
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you arguing that racism plays no factor in how sentencing the death penalty is carried out?

If so, please provide evidence for that claim.

Your views are virulent and detrimental to black people POD. Instead of blaming others why not simply preach people the following:

THE BEST WAY TO AVOID PRISON OR THE DEATH PENALTY IS TO NOT DO CRIME.

Your peddling of racism 24/7 does not change the condition among those that have a proclivity to do crime. In fact it gives them a sense of "It s not me it is the system" and therefore crime continues.
Last edited by Julian658 on 29 Nov 2020 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
#15140166
@Julian658

Since you have no evidence for your claim that there is no racism associated with the death penalty, I will ignore your post.

————————

Back to the topic, Trump is planning to kill three more people before Biden takes over, bringing the total of inmates he has killed to ten, a record high for a POTUS. He will also be the only president to kill an inmate during the transition period.

And because lethal injection drugs are hard to come by, he wants to loosen the rules to make things like firing squads legal.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15140167
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Julian658

Since you have no evidence for your claim that there is no racism associated with the death penalty, I will ignore your post.



Yes, in the old days black people were lynched. Racism has been an issue since the beginning of time.

Since you pose the question it is up to you to show that people in death row in 2020 are there because they are black. Feel free to present your case.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15140177
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Julian658

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=166801&start=80#p15053056

Your complete lack of support for any of your claims is noted.

I notice you also refuse to condemn Trump despite your supposed opposition to the death penalty.

I am 100% against the death penalty. However, I would still vote for a Republican candidate in 2024 whether he is for or against the death penalty. The conservatives are wrong in the issue of the death penalty.

Can you present your point of view in a better manner? Please show how the list of prisoners in death row in 2020 is racist. You are saying it is racist, so tell us how it is racist. I suspect this is one of those questions you will avoid answering. But, who knows!
#15140181
Julian658 wrote:I am 100% against the death penalty. However, I would still vote for a Republican candidate in 2024 whether he is for or against the death penalty. The conservatives are wrong in the issue of the death penalty.


If you support politicians who kill people, then you are not against the death penalty in any practical way. For all intents and purposes, you support the death penalty.

Can you present your point of view in a better manner? Please show how the list of prisoners in death row in 2020 is racist. You are saying it is racist, so tell us how it is racist. I suspect this is one of those questions you will avoid answering. But, who knows!


No, I have already presented evidence, and given you a ink to it.

You, on the other hand, have not presented evidence.

Until you do present evidence, I see no evidence for me to present even more than I already have.

Now, present evidence that there is no racism in how the death penalty is applied.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15140197
@Julian658 Of course there's racism associated with the death penalty, but you choose to ignore it because it does not fit that racist narrative of yours.


RACE AND THE DEATH PENALTY
The color of a defendant and victim's skin plays a crucial and unacceptable role in deciding who receives the death penalty in America. People of color have accounted for a disproportionate 43 % of total executions since 1976 and 55 % of those currently awaiting execution. A moratorium of the death penalty is necessary to address the blatant prejudice in our application of the death penalty.

While white victims account for approximately one-half of all murder victims, 80% of all Capital cases involve white victims. Furthermore, as of October 2002, 12 people have been executed where the defendant was white and the murder victim black, compared with 178 black defendants executed for murders with white victims.

https://www.aclu.org/other/race-and-death-penalty


Now fuck off back to your Klan meeting that you missed.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15140198
Godstud wrote:@Julian658 Of course there's racism associated with the death penalty, but you choose to ignore it because it does not fit that racist narrative of yours.


RACE AND THE DEATH PENALTY
The color of a defendant and victim's skin plays a crucial and unacceptable role in deciding who receives the death penalty in America. People of color have accounted for a disproportionate 43 % of total executions since 1976 and 55 % of those currently awaiting execution. A moratorium of the death penalty is necessary to address the blatant prejudice in our application of the death penalty.

While white victims account for approximately one-half of all murder victims, 80% of all Capital cases involve white victims. Furthermore, as of October 2002, 12 people have been executed where the defendant was white and the murder victim black, compared with 178 black defendants executed for murders with white victims.

https://www.aclu.org/other/race-and-death-penalty


Now fuck off back to your Klan meeting that you missed.


Here is the other Kendi/D'Angelo devotee who calls everything under the sun racism. Just because 43% of executed people are black does not mean there is racism. I will give you the chance to figure that one out. Let's see you try. Explain. why that 43% means racism. Maybe POD can help you. :lol:
User avatar
By Julian658
#15140199
Pants-of-dog wrote:If you support politicians who kill people, then you are not against the death penalty in any practical way. For all intents and purposes, you support the death penalty.



No, I have already presented evidence, and given you a ink to it.

You, on the other hand, have not presented evidence.

Until you do present evidence, I see no evidence for me to present even more than I already have.

Now, present evidence that there is no racism in how the death penalty is applied.


Tell me in your own words how it proves racism. You have a stem degree so I am not asking much of you.

I am against the death penalty, but I do not lose any sleep about it. By now you should know i am not a social justice warrior.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15140201
Read the fucking article, @Julian658 . ACLU is the source, not some unreliable blogger like the shit you use.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15140203
Godstud wrote:Read the fucking article, @Julian658 . ACLU is the source, not some unreliable blogger like the shit you use.

The ACLU is not what it used to be. It is a collection of left wingers that like you and POD see racism everywhere. Tell me in your own words why 43% black executions is racist.
#15140212
Julian658 wrote:Tell me in your own words how it proves racism. You have a stem degree so I am not asking much of you.


No.

Anyone who wants to read the evidence can do so for themselves.

Also, it is hard to accept that you actually want a careful analysis of the evidence since you still refuse to provide the evidence to support your claim.

I am against the death penalty, but I do not lose any sleep about it. By now you should know i am not a social justice warrior.


I would say that you are theoretically against the death penalty, but your actions support the death penalty in practice.

For example, you ignore the racism associated with the death penalty.

And you support Trump who is killing a record number of inmates.

——————————

https://richmond.com/news/state-and-reg ... f8929.html

    ....

    The report contends that racial bias persists today: the murders of white people are more likely to lead to capital murder charges; the systemic exclusion of jurors of color from service in death penalty trials; and disproportionate imposition of death sentences against defendants of color.

    The authors said evidence of racial bias in the report includes a 2015 analysis of 30 studies showing that the killers of white people were more likely than the killers of Black people to face a capital prosecution.

    The DPIC report cited other evidence to support the argument that discrimination remains in the application of capital punishment:

      A North Carolina study cited in the report showed that qualified Black jurors were struck from juries at more than twice the rate of qualified white jurors. As of 2010, 20% of those on the state’s death row were sentenced to death by all-white juries.
      Since executions resumed in 1977, 295 African-Americans defendants have been executed for the murder of a white victim, while only 21 white defendants have been executed for the murder of an African-American victim.
      Exonerations of African Americans for murder convictions are 22% more likely to be linked to police misconduct.
    ...
  • 1
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
Election 2020

I've never understood the obsession among some Am[…]

Key Rasmussen Polls

For a change, here's a couple polls that aren't […]

Well Disney did turf white Peter Parker Spider-Ma[…]

Right, that I can understand. I do wonder though […]