Election 2020 - Page 432 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Dimetrodon
colliric wrote:At least my country is already out of the Covid-19 Depression. Centre-right Liberal federal government pulled us out of it pretty quickly. State Labor Governments wanted to clamp down even harder.

Same shit is happening in your country even worse. Federal Republicans pushing economic recovery versus State Democrats pushing endless Covid lockdowns. And you think it was all Trump's fault.

Economic recovery is not what the GOP is proposing.
By colliric
The Electoral College's perceived flaws come down to a lack of full enforcement in my opinion.

It was originally when the election result was formally announced following the election day. It allowed for recounts and challenges to take place prior to official formal announcement of a winner and a loser.

The main flaw with the Electoral College is how the modern international media(rather understandably) chooses to call the election as the results are being received rather than follow the classical process of announcing the winner following recounts and formally tabulating the points.

I think your country as a whole should go back to not announcing the full results till mid-december(only the candidates get to see it as it happens and if they go public on Election Day it's their choice), and should legally enforce that, bringing back the main historical function of the EC. But its a pipe dream, it'll never happen. That's not how modern media works I guess.

Americans were more patient in the past.....

You have a fundamentally flawed system as a result.
By Godstud
Yes, @colliric, Trump's an idiot. Thank you for 46 minutes of dumbass footage of this idiot convincing his moronic cultists that there's fraud where there is none. :roll:
By colliric
He was addressing the nation, not just his Supporters.

Sounds like you are going to have a crisis no matter what happens at the moment. Pennsylvania got to the US Supreme Court.

I would not be surprised if he appoints a special investigator.
By ingliz
colliric wrote:Pennsylvania got to the US Supreme Court.

Wrong!

The U.S. Supreme Court does not second-guess state courts when they are interpreting their own constitutions.

:lol:
By colliric
ingliz wrote:The U.S. Supreme Court does not second-guess state courts when they are interpreting their own constitutions.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just reporting what's happening.

Trump is also going to hold a "Victory Rally" in Georgia.

It seems a crisis is incoming.
By Godstud
@colliric I am holding a Coronation party, today. It sure as hell doesn't mean I am going to be King! :lol:

Trump and his idolaters are idiots.
By ingliz
colliric wrote:a crisis is incoming

What crisis?

Trump's request that the SC invalidates all votes cast by mail is a joke.

Some of the petitioners included candidates for office who had urged supporters to cast their ballots by mail for god's sake!

By pugsville
colliric wrote:Trump's Address to the Nation:

Yawn, just claims without any evidence or foundation.

The man is extremely dishonest even for a politician.

Why report the claims of a man who lies , and lies and lies?

How about a bit of truth?

like why yo are repeating Dumb likes like This?
By JohnRawls
colliric wrote:Trump's Address to the Nation:

I am pretty sure that Republican party senior members are in a sort of panic right now. Trump is proceeding on a path that might cause irreparable damage to the Republican party.

That is bad because if that happens then the Democratic party will be the in charge of America for the next decade or two until another collection of interests can come together and challenge them. (Yes, both Democrats and Republicans are collections of a lot of interests from all over the country)
By colliric
@JohnRawls

No. The high likelihood of your country suffering a succession of several single term Presidents is more likely.

The Republicans will put forward a very different candidate next election. Most likely a Tea Party candidate.

(Please.... Sarah your time has come for a run at the top of the ticket).
By JohnRawls
colliric wrote:@JohnRawls

No. The high likelihood of your country suffering a succession of several single term Presidents is more likely.

The Republicans will put forward a very different candidate next election. Most likely a Tea Party candidate.

(Please.... Sarah your time has come for a run at the top of the ticket).

While it has been fun making fun of the people who said that Trump will win as it was fun making fun of people who said Clinton had no chance of loosing, it is time to cut it out from my side.

In all seriousness, what Trump is doing right now has a very good chance of burying the Republican party for good. This is not just about the Senate race anymore which Republicans will probably loose because of this. They might win and that will only be despite what damage Trump is doing and just very good propaganda of sorts.

While the rest of the Republican supporters who are more sane are very unhappy about this. Just think a bit about it. Republican party has been about extreme freedom and extreme respect for democracy. Trying to usurp democracy and taking a dump on an election is an anathema to a lot of Republican voters and anybody besides the die-hards understand this. Republican party will loose voters because of this. The question is, will they loose them forever or just for a period of time? This is especially a good question for Boomers and Gen X.
By Rugoz
I can totally see Trump fucking up the Republican party if he wants to. Basically he will just claim fraud whenever he loses, even at the Republican primaries. Enough of his followers will believe it.
By colliric
The Republican Party survived Nixon and Watergate and a shitload of other "should have killed the party" scandals in the past.

It'll survive this too.

They got 74 million votes, the most ever for an incumbent president, and the most ever for a losing ticket.

They'll win again after the usual soul searching. You guys are doing exactly what I did in 2016.

The situation reminds me of those many turd Aussie footy matches I've been to, where both sides played like absolute shit for 2 hours barely managing a score but one of them had to technically win by a fluke kick and a lucky umpire decision anyway.
By Rugoz
colliric wrote:The Republican Party survived Nixon and Watergate and a shitload of other "should have killed the party" scandals in the past.

It'll survive this too.

They got 74 million votes, the most ever for an incumbent president, and the most ever for a losing ticket.

They'll win again after the usual soul searching. You guys are doing exactly what I did in 2016.

The situation reminds me of those many turd Aussie footy matches I've been to, where both sides played like absolute shit for 2 hours barely managing a score but one of them had to technically win by a fluke kick and a lucky umpire decision anyway.

It's about the next 4-8 years. The question if whether Trump will be satisfied with being a water carrier for the GOP, which is what ex-presidents usually end up being. I doubt it.
By ingliz
Rugoz wrote:I can totally see Trump fucking up the Republican party if he wants to.

Trump's attorneys are busy now fucking up the Georgia runoffs for the Republican party...

By JohnRawls
Istanbuller wrote:JohnRawls and Rugoz doesn't know anything about US politics. They don't even try to learn. You can just skip their posts.

Yet i somehow was able to properly predict that Trump will win the first time and Biden will win over Trump for example. Both of which were "underdog" decisions in the eyes of the public.(People dind't believe in Trump win and people also didn't believe in Biden win although Biden was leading in the polls, lolz) And not only that for the matter, I have accurate predictions for elections in other democratic countries. Yeah surely, i do not understand how the US political system works compared to people who spout propaganda and miss like every 2nd or more calls which is hard to do considering that even if you do it at random then you should be at 50% with binary choices. Not to mention compared to people who live in authoritarian states and who never take part in their own elections.

Yes, please teach me how democracy works. Do go on and tell me.

By Rancid
Many Republicans are sitting on the fence by either not backing up Trump, or condemning his behavior. I think this strategy is likely not a good one. They have to make a choice, else they lose more votes for their re-election.

If the condemn Trump, they lose his rabid supports. If they support Trump, they lose swing voters (like myself), if they do nothing, they very likely will lose both groups of people. They have lost me. I don't see myself voting for Republicans anytime in the future. They are basically honor-less scum.

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]

First two sentences: "The ICJ didn't say tha[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all of[…]