A mob has broken into the capitol building - Page 38 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15149474
@blackjack21 @blackjack21

Well one thing is for sure, Trump is a declining stock and is costing the republicans a lot of fund raising money right now given the boycotts by corporate America on those republicans who refused to recognize the election results. Republicans are going to have a hard time raising money and getting elected if they cling to Trump, that's for sure.
#15149478
Politics_Observer wrote:@blackjack21 @blackjack21

Well one thing is for sure, Trump is a declining stock and is costing the republicans a lot of fund raising money right now given the boycotts by corporate America on those republicans who refused to recognize the election results. Republicans are going to have a hard time raising money and getting elected if they cling to Trump, that's for sure.


You cut off the money to the ones who cling to Trump and they will just switch and say, --I defended democracy and denounced Trump.

They all lie about stuff because they are spineless and go whereever it is most convenient politically. Don't trust people who are unwilling to sacrifice for their principles. Rely only and trust only people who are consistent with their politics. I learned that long ago.

Trump was a foolish authoritarian. What did he think would happen if he staged a coup or a violent takeover? He had a total lack of intelligence with the authoritarian styles in the world. You can get away with a lot in politics but being messy and disorganized and without a real understanding of the long view of political moves is the mark of an incompetent leader and a man without any sense of strategy. He never would have made it in the military at all Politics Observer. That is for sure!!

He lacked self discipline and leadership abilities. He was a silver spoon, entitled, spoiled, narccistic conman. The Republicans need to take a huge hit in political influence for backing that pig at all.

I have seen my share of authoritarian caudillos in my Latin American political studies, but Trump had absolute lack of astuteness on the violent takeover scene. What a major embarrassment to the Republican Party that man turned out to be!
#15149488
Julian658 wrote:The extreme left used to pit the proletariat against the employer to promote socialism. Now they pit ALL minorities (race identity politics) agains Europeans to promote the same extreme left ideology.

That appears to be the case--that they basically abandoned the proletariat, because the proletariat always preferred the rising living standards offered by capitalism rather than the stasis and stability of socialism.

Julian658 wrote:However, it is possible that some people in the minority community, more so among blacks are only driven by racial group hate.

Maybe some, but I think even blacks are changing considerably. One huge fear is that Trump delivered the lowest unemployment rate and rising wages to blacks--the best in the history of the United States. Coronavirus lockdowns are destroying that, but the best they ever had it was under Trump--and ironically, not under Obama. When I hear people angry about race, it's mostly coming from white liberals from my perspective.

XogGyux wrote:This is irrelevant. They can just settle the matter and/or seek damages on court and see if they get awarded anything for it.

As a matter of law, perhaps. As a matter of politics and of economics it isn't. As a matter of politics, many around the world are condemning US social media giants. As a matter of economics, there is anti-trust law, and the apparent risk of dependence on Amazon. As someone who works on open source software, this is more good news for me--as were all the lockdowns forcing people to work from home.

XogGyux wrote:The rest of the noise, is just that, noise, because when they get people to like you railed up they get publicity and they want the publicity.

People like Trump want publicity. AWS and Twitter are platforms. The kind of publicity they are getting are like Angela Merkel, Obrador and others shocked that a CEO of a corporation can cancel not just Donald Trump, but can conspire with Apple, Google and Amazon to squelch the voices of all of Trump's supporters on Twitter from leaving Twitter and going to Parler. In doing so, they have destroyed much of US soft power overseas.

XogGyux wrote:It is a bad bet anyways, even if parler could gain a bunch of users out of this, is not like corporate america is suddently going to move their advertisement machinery completely towards this fringe group of people.

74M Trump voters is not a fringe. They are trying to prevent them from leaving Twitter and going to Parler, which is an anti-trust issue. Advertisers go where the eyeballs are, and their metrics show what's effective and what isn't.

XogGyux wrote:They are already fleeing political donations to certain republican/republican groups that supported opposing certification.

And this bothers you?

XogGyux wrote:LOL.
Trump has no ideology. He would say whatever he thinks benefits him in the moment and that is the end of his political strategy, thats it.

Generally, attacks on Trump hurt the attackers more than they hurt Trump. Why that happens, I have no idea. It almost seems like some divine intervention, but Trump has a way of exposing his opponents.

Politics_Observer wrote:@Julian658 @blackjack21

Ohh please stop trying to draw some kind of false moral equivalence or ask us to put unity over justice. At the end of the day, you can't have unity unless you have justice first.

You brought race into the discussion, probably based on Nancy Pelosi's off-the-wall commentary. People protesting an election is there first amendment right to do. You don't have to agree with it. They aren't allowed to be violent either, or they are subject to prosecution. Trying to argue that somehow the black vote put Biden over the top does not appear to be true.

Politics_Observer wrote:You are asking us to forget justice and let injustice continue simply for the sake of unity. Not going to happen.

Biden is calling for unity while Nancy Pelosi is baying for blood. Nobody was even protesting black people or anything about black people.

Politics_Observer wrote: We need justice first for our black brothers and sisters and we need to make sure that this white rage backlash doesn't intimidate or scare anybody.

Good luck with that. Protesting the stealing of a presidential election has nothing to do with black people.

Politics_Observer wrote:We are not afraid and stand ready to fight for the rights of our fellow citizens against this white backlash.

Whatever dude. I'm sure nobody is going to show up to fight you, because they are pre-occupied with other things.

Politics_Observer wrote:For far too long this country has sought to deny equal rights to our black brothers and sisters and now that the embodiment of white supremacy, namely Donald Trump, has lost an election, white seek to try to intimidate and put others "back in their place." Not going to happen. We stand ready to fight back and to fight for our rights as equal citizens.

:roll: Trump is not a white supremacist. He condemns white supremacists.

late wrote:When they say unity, they mean impunity. Law and tradition apply to others, not them.

Give it a rest. Biden's own campaign staff were making contributions to bail rioters out of jail in 2020, with Kamala Harris cheering them on. Pelosi and the Democrat leadership took a knee in the Capitol Rotunda signalling support for all the violent protesters during 2020. They have no problem with violence generally, when they are directing it. When it's coming their way, then they get their panties in a bunch.

late wrote:The Cult needs to learn a lesson, one way or the other. I'm not fussy about which way..

It's not working out the way you think. War and violence tend to be non-linear, producing counter-intuitive results.

Julian658 wrote: Squashing them will not solve the issues of black America.

Well, with the Coronavirus lockdowns, a lot of them are already economically squashed. I said back in March of 2020 before all the George Floyd stuff that we would see violence, and we have certainly seen it. Squashing people economically will lead to more violence, not less. That's the counterintuitive part of the revenge the Democrats are seeking. They think they will cement some sort of victory, but the country will spiral if they continue with this nonsense.

Julian658 wrote:The institution that destroyed black America is the Democratic Party. And the elite of the party continue to destroy black America to this day.

They need blacks to be dependent on the welfare state, or they will lose power. Our political parties are fractious entities. That's why the desire to destroy Trump even among Republicans is likely to damage them more than it damages Trump.

Politics_Observer wrote: They think they are above the law and rules don't apply to them.

Provide an example. I didn't go rioting in 2020, and I didn't protest on the Capitol steps either. In fact, I've been saying through much of the last year that the Democrats invited protests and dismissed the attendant violence. Anyone watching the violence in 2020 would think that it was perfectly okay to not only enter government buildings, but to burn them down.

XogGyux wrote:Exactly, imagine if we could go around shooting people on the face and then when caught ask for unity and understanding :lol: . Unity, screams the guy wearing the Auschwitz shirt, swastika tattoo, and KKK hood.
:lol: Have unity with your cellmate pal.

It's largely Biden that's asking for unity, but the left and the right are both rejecting him.

Politics_Observer wrote:Well one thing is for sure, Trump is a declining stock and is costing the republicans a lot of fund raising money right now given the boycotts by corporate America on those republicans who refused to recognize the election results.

And I should care about the welfare of Republicans, why?

If you see this from an international perspective, it's causing huge problems for America's soft power. Corporate America is behaving just like Putin's oligarchs. When you've got stuffed ballot boxes and major corporations behaving like oligarchs to squelch free speech--even among elected leaders who are performing their constitutional duties--you cannot sell "Truth, Justice and the American way" overseas. American exceptionalism is a casualty here, because Pelosi et. al. cannot contain their rage. In fact, Merkel, Obrador, and others have found Twitter's actions very troubling. Uganda just suspended Twitter, and Twitter went into a hissy fit about it being a human rights violation as if banning Trump wasn't, or conspiring to get Parler de-platformed wasn't. Turkey's government has ceased using WhatsApp.

Governments around the world are going to be passing legislation to prevent American CEOs from banning their political leaders or free political speech.





That's why Trump is better thought of as Nemesis. Again, for whatever reason, when they unjustifiably attack Trump, it's they themselves who get injured by it. I think the age of US social media having an effect in the domestic politics of foreign countries is going to come to a swift end.

Tainari88 wrote:You cut off the money to the ones who cling to Trump and they will just switch and say, --I defended democracy and denounced Trump.

Then, they will be voted out by the people who voted for them. They are damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Tainari88 wrote:I have seen my share of authoritarian caudillos in my Latin American political studies, but Trump had absolute lack of astuteness on the violent takeover scene.

Yes, but that's because they weren't trying to stage a coup, which is patently obvious. They were protesting ballot stuffing, which is their constitutional right to do.
#15149489
So you 're demanding Politics_Observer censor himself to avoid "violence" cause he's telling you to recognise Black people as equals instead of advertising Black murder porn and making up excuses to undermine BLM that seeks precisely that(equality in practice, not just in theory). :lol:

Your level of entitlement is quite astounding.

Have you considered the possibility that instead of demanding from another individual to censor themselves that perhaps you may be wrong to undermine the cause of BLM? That perhaps these people have a point that must be addressed?

Has that thought even crossed your mind?

Have you even considered how pathetic all this looks to a normal person sitting here trying to do what exactly, apologise for the Capitol Hill insurrection? insult the BLM protests? apologise for the disgraced and now impeached Trump? while the vast majority of the forum is talking about Brexit, China and global relations, you are consuming your energies trying to apologise for nothing and to censor people to not say things you disagree with.
#15149492
blackjack21 wrote:

It's not working out the way you think. War and violence tend to be non-linear, producing counter-intuitive results.




We will start by using legal recourse.

But if the terrorism doesn't stop, that will have to change. This is an existential threat.
#15149552
noemon wrote:So you 're demanding Politics_Observer censor himself to avoid "violence" cause he's telling you to recognise Black people as equals instead of advertising Black murder porn and making up excuses to undermine BLM that seeks precisely that(equality in practice, not just in theory). :lol:

I'm saying he's grandstanding and virtue signaling about fighting off attacks that aren't coming, because nobody is targeting black people regarding the election. It's totally orthogonal.

noemon wrote:Have you considered the possibility that instead of demanding from another individual to censor themselves that perhaps you may be wrong to undermine the cause of BLM?

I'm saying that BLM and the election are totally separate issues. Trump supporters are protesting what they think is a stolen election. They aren't protesting BLM or black people.

noemon wrote:That perhaps these people have a point that must be addressed?

Has that thought even crossed your mind?

Yes. Stop voting for the urban Democrat political machine and dismantle police labor unions.

noemon wrote:while the vast majority of the forum is talking about Brexit, China and global relations, you are consuming your energies trying to apologise for nothing and to censor people to not say things you disagree with.

I haven't complained to you once about Politics_Observer or asked you or any other moderator to remove any of his posts. I just think BLM issues are unrelated to the election protests.

late wrote:We will start by using legal recourse.

Well that's encouraging.

late wrote:But if the terrorism doesn't stop, that will have to change. This is an existential threat.

An existential threat to who?
#15149553
blackjack21 wrote:I'm saying that BLM and the election are totally separate issues. Trump supporters are protesting what they think is a stolen election. They aren't protesting BLM or black people.


The trumpists decided to call and raise the bet that was the use of violence during the BLM protests by attacking the Capitol. They are not separate issues honestly.

And they lost, big time. The environment is feeling more and more like a red scare of sorts, which means the crazier Trumpists who stormed the US Capitol and more generally use violence for their political ends are beginning to be rounded up, and those who encourage so are beginning to be disrupted as much as possible. I think this may set other sort of necessary precedents down the road.
#15149556
wat0n wrote:The trumpists decided to call and raise the bet that was the use of violence during the BLM protests by attacking the Capitol.

I'm not following you. You're saying they are mimicking BLM rioters?

wat0n wrote:And they lost, big time.

That's a matter of perspective. People who broke the law will face prosecution. However, often times an objective of such an action is to provoke an over-reaction, which is precisely what we are seeing right now. Already, the mass censorship efforts have backfired very badly, particularly on people like Jack Dorsey.

wat0n wrote:The environment is feeling more and more like a red scare of sorts, which means the crazier Trumpists who stormed the US Capitol and more generally use violence for their political ends are beginning to be rounded up, and those who encourage so are beginning to be disrupted as much as possible.

Except for fringe types, like QAnon, nobody in the mainstream has made express and imminent threats of violence as far as I know. They cannot round up 74M people. They can only effectively round up people breaking the law. Even with furloughs for covid, prisons are largely pretty full.

wat0n wrote:I think this may set other sort of necessary precedents down the road.

I think it will lead to political instability, but that's the natural outcome when people believe there is electoral fraud on this scale. It's compounded by covid lockdowns destroying so many people's livelihoods. There are a lot of desperate people out there who have nothing left to lose.
#15149557
blackjack21 wrote:I'm not following you. You're saying they are mimicking BLM rioters?


Yes. Those who stormed Oregon's Capitol made an explicit reference to "autonomous zones" like CHAZ.

After all, the use of violence for achieving political ends is not inherently exclusive to any political organization.

blackjack21 wrote:That's a matter of perspective. People who broke the law will face prosecution. However, often times an objective of such an action is to provoke an over-reaction, which is precisely what we are seeing right now. Already, the mass censorship efforts have backfired very badly, particularly on people like Jack Dorsey.


Oh, I don't doubt they backfired and will backfire on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc although the amount of pressure they are facing makes any other course of action untenable under the current circumstances. But groups like the Proud Boys are in much, much worse trouble than Twitter is.

blackjack21 wrote:Except for fringe types, like QAnon, nobody in the mainstream has made express and imminent threats of violence as far as I know. They cannot round up 74M people. They can only effectively round up people breaking the law. Even with furloughs for covid, prisons are largely pretty full.


Correct, yet the vast majority of those 74M people will vote for whatever Republican candidate come 2024. I think you are aware of this.

blackjack21 wrote:I think it will lead to political instability, but that's the natural outcome when people believe there is electoral fraud on this scale. It's compounded by covid lockdowns destroying so many people's livelihoods. There are a lot of desperate people out there who have nothing left to lose.


There has been political instability for quite a while now, and it has been getting worse. But it seems that there will begin to be a stronger government response as time goes by, of the kind that happened during the red scares.

Is it good? No, but actions like storming the Capitol made it unavoidable. Because the Trumpists were stupid enough to pull a stunt there, as opposed to contenting themselves with mass protests, perhaps even rioting, in several cities in the US as we saw last year. This was basically a form of political suicide not unlike that resulting from the assassination of President McKinley in 1901 - which not just led to the rounding up of anarchists but started the process of building the legal and material infrastructure to further repress them during the red scares.
#15149569
Rancid wrote:If he gets impeached again today, he will be the first president to get impeached twice. An accomplishment he can hang his hat on.

KICK TRUMP OUT!

The question is, is there still time to impeach him a third time? :lol:

blackjack21 wrote:As a matter of law, perhaps. As a matter of politics and of economics it isn't. As a matter of politics, many around the world are condemning US social media giants. As a matter of economics, there is anti-trust law, and the apparent risk of dependence on Amazon. As someone who works on open source software, this is more good news for me--as were all the lockdowns forcing people to work from home.

Amazon/apple/Microsoft/google/facebook/etc might all be culprits of being huge monopolies and vulnerable to anti-trust completely independently of how they deal with Parler. Parler does not even represent a drop in the bucket of those companies. Really, the main reason this occured is not because they see them as a competitor or because they wish to censor for shit (after all, until recently facebook/twitter were going ham on political advertisement, even if complete bullshit. They don't really care if you are left or right so long as your pockets are deep. Remember this? https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... n-new-deal

Do you think you going to find resistance from me for criticizing those big companies and/or perhaps wishing that they get broken down/split/regulated? Think again. I might still agree with you on that even if I disagree with the completely ridiculous hypothesis that got you there. Let's put it this way, you think AOC or Warren are going to shed a tear if they get support from angry republicans wanting to regulate bezos and zuckingbird?

People like Trump want publicity. AWS and Twitter are platforms. The kind of publicity they are getting are like Angela Merkel, Obrador and others shocked that a CEO of a corporation can cancel not just Donald Trump, but can conspire with Apple, Google and Amazon to squelch the voices of all of Trump's supporters on Twitter from leaving Twitter and going to Parler. In doing so, they have destroyed much of US soft power overseas.

LOL. You think this is what shocks the leaders of other countries? Not that the president incited violence? Or that rejects the thruth left and right? Or that he is a fucking liar? Or perhaps that he got impeached twice in just 4 years? Imagine that... two impeachments in 1 term, lost popular vote twice...
You don't think they are shocked at the thought of the president's lawyer calling an urgent press conference at the four seasons landscaping right next to the sex toy store (nothing against that btw), or perhaps they are shocked at the president suggesting people inject disinfectant in their veins? Believe me, if they are shocked at all that twitter/facebook/etc banned him, the real reason why they are shocked is because they took so fucking long to do so.

74M Trump voters is not a fringe. They are trying to prevent them from leaving Twitter and going to Parler, which is an anti-trust issue. Advertisers go where the eyeballs are, and their metrics show what's effective and what isn't.

We went over this already. Lets recap. 74M people voted for him, that does not mean that all 74M likes him, much less believe his nonsense, his actual base of loyalist is much much smaller than that.

And this bothers you?

I'll give you a hint, *hell no*.
Republicans especially hate this cancel culture, and that is the whole point isn't it? If your punishment was something that you liked, it wouldn't be a punishment at all. That is why it is so effective. I'll admit, some people take it to the extreme, but hey... it seems it is the only way that republicans listen, when their money starts walking away 8) . Do you think it is coincidence that it now seems mcconnel is signaling he could potentially/possibly vote to impeach trump? This definitely plays a big role.

Generally, attacks on Trump hurt the attackers more than they hurt Trump. Why that happens, I have no idea. It almost seems like some divine intervention, but Trump has a way of exposing his opponents.

LOL, you got it backwards. Trump attacks end up attacking trump and it always seems that he exposes himself. Remember lock her up... as it stands right now, who would you wager that has a higher chances of ending up behind bars? Clinton or Trump? :lol: He managed to piss pence, and pence is the only guy that might throw him a lifeline with a pardon, we still have 6 more days of drama... will he resign to get Pence pardon? Will pence betray him at the last minute out of retribution? stay tuned for more trump drama on all channels.
#15149574
wat0n wrote:Yes. Those who stormed Oregon's Capitol made an explicit reference to "autonomous zones" like CHAZ.


Are you saying that you have evidence that those who stormed the Capitol were an organised group with a spokesman, a plan, a clear objective and a clear narrative? Both the forum as well as the authorities would be very interested to know more about this evidence you purport to have.

If on the other hand you are going off some single individual trying to justify what that single individual did then just because some crazy nutjob considered this cause as or even more valid than the CHAZ occupiers it does not mean anything. People like to justify all the stupid things they do using "whataboutism", it doesn't mean they are correct nor does it mean that the Capitol Hill insurrectionists were imitating CHAZ, and after all why CHAZ particularly and not so many other Occupy movements? But still that evidence above would still be required.

In addition, you are making leaps of logic and replying on the behalf of other users, in this case Jullian658 who did not even mention CHAZ but is trying to what-about the Capitol Hill with BLM in general.

Does that mean you echo his demand that Politics_Observer should censor himself?

blackjack21 wrote:I'm saying he's grandstanding and virtue signaling about fighting off attacks that aren't coming, because nobody is targeting black people regarding the election.


The worst thing is people being in such a denial after spending so many pages and energy trying to what-about themselves into oblivion just so they intimidate people. Politics_Observer hit the nail in the head when he told you:

Politics_Observer wrote:We are not going to be intimidated by your white backlash blackjack. You are not going to "put us back in our place" with your white backlash (I am not black but I stand with my black brothers and sisters in their fight for racial equality and to be recognized as equal citizens). Our black brothers and sisters voted and their vote matters just as much as anybody else's. Your side lost the election so learn to accept defeat and learn to accept African Americans as equal citizens. This hasn't ended well for your side. Next time support candidates who who are not racist, who actually care about the country and are respectful of minority voters and your side might not find itself at such an election loss it is experiencing right now. It sucks to lose and to be a loser given the way your acting in the aftermath of defeat, doesn't it?


And what did Julian reply to him?

"Shut up cause me and my buddies will go crazy and turn violent on you".

:knife:

Now you're sitting here trying to apologise for that too. Cause really the problem for you is what exactly?

What is you problem mate, have you even figured it out yourself?
#15149578
noemon wrote:Are you saying that you have evidence that those who stormed the Capitol were an organised group

The FBI believes the attack on the Capitol was planned and not a spontaneous protest that spiraled out of control.

Evidence uncovered so far, including weapons and tactics seen on surveillance video, suggests a level of planning that has led investigators to believe the attack on the US Capitol was not just a protest that spiraled out of control, a federal law enforcement official says.

Among the evidence the FBI is examining are indications that some participants at the Trump rally at the Ellipse, outside the White House, left the event early, perhaps to retrieve items to be used in the assault on the Capitol.

A team of investigators and prosecutors are also focused on the command and control aspect of the attack, looking at travel and communications records to determine if they can build a case that is similar to a counterterrorism investigation, the official said.


— CNN


:)
#15149583
Rancid wrote:If he gets impeached again today, he will be the first president to get impeached twice. An accomplishment he can hang his hat on.

KICK TRUMP OUT!

Updating me resume today: “has not been impeached twice”
#15149587
I mentioned previously that a lot of the people getting arrested that appeared to have more violent intentions are 30-somethings. My wife mentioned to me that she heard a news report say that yesterday. Damn I'm so insightful. 8)

My theory as to why so many of these knuckle heads are 30-somethings is this:

When you are in your 30s, you've lived long enough such that your personal failures have caught up with you. In other words, reality has killed all your dreams at this point. We also know, that the data say's your 30s are the least happiest time in your life. For some reason, happiness starts to increase dramatically into your 40s and beyond. Of course, you are also pretty happy from childhood to about your 30s too (you still have hopes and dreams, and there are still many new life experiences to be had, so life is exciting). My guess is that these 30-something knuckles heads have a lot of personal failures. More than the typical 30-something, and thus look towards something external to help them either reignite their dreams or simply get back at the world.
Last edited by Rancid on 14 Jan 2021 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
#15149589
Rancid wrote:I mentioned previously that a lot of the people getting arrested that appeared to have more violent intentions are 30-somethings. My wife mentioned to me that she heard a news report say that yesterday. Damn I'm so insightful. 8)

My theory as to why so many of these knuckle heads are 30-somethings is this:

When you are in your 30s, you've lived long enough such that your personal failures have caught up with you. In other words, reality has killed all your dreams at this point. We also know, that the data say's your 30s are the least happiest time in your life. For some reason, happiness starts to increase dramatically into your 40s and beyond. Of course, you are also pretty happy from childhood to about your 30s too (you still have hopes and dreams, and there are still many new life experiences to be had, so life is exciting). My guess is that these 30-something knuckles heads have a lot of personal failures. More than the typical 30-something, and thus look towards something external to help them either reignite their dreams or simply get back at he world.

The latter is probably the only ambition left to them. Though they will quickly discover that the world can hit back harder than they can hit it. Lol.

But yeah, I think your analysis is spot-on. This is probably why people are at their most dangerous at that age - old enough to be dangerously disillusioned, young enough to still be dumb....
#15149593
We went over this already. Lets recap. 74M people voted for him, that does not mean that all 74M likes him, much less believe his nonsense, his actual base of loyalist is much much smaller than that.


There is a key in this number and you hit it right on the head.

Fox News had a poll last evening that proudly boasted that 91% of those who voted for Trump in November would vote for him now. They liked the number but if I was a republican I would be deeply troubled by that 9% who would not. Had the vote been skewed by 9(ish)% in November not only would Trump have been humiliated but the down-ticket races would be a disaster. And I don't mean that if this 9% had voted for Biden. I don't think most of them would have. Just staying home would have made it a rout. Polls after the fact tend to naturally call upon people to decide which candidate. Staying home is an option that virtually nobody in a survey ever picks.

So where do the Trump voters go now assuming that there will be no open armed insurrection? (I am not making this assumption by the way.) The Republican Party has to acknowledge that their base likes Trump's rhetoric. Their challenge is to find someone more sophisticated than Cruz and the little boy Senator to carry it to the people. Can they do it in 2 years? Maybe. The mid term elections are far from in the bag for Democrats. My fear is that they will not work for those votes.

Democrats should not pound themselves on the back about Biden's election. They lost house seats and the Trump voters were fired up. And they came out to vote. The Democrats did not win. Trump lost. The democrats have to deliver on the economy and very popular programs or they are well and truly fucked in 2022.
#15149596
Drlee wrote:
There is a key in this number and you hit it right on the head.

Fox News had a poll last evening that proudly boasted that 91% of those who voted for Trump in November would vote for him now. They liked the number but if I was a republican I would be deeply troubled by that 9% who would not. Had the vote been skewed by 9(ish)% in November not only would Trump have been humiliated but the down-ticket races would be a disaster. And I don't mean that if this 9% had voted for Biden. I don't think most of them would have. Just staying home would have made it a rout. Polls after the fact tend to naturally call upon people to decide which candidate. Staying home is an option that virtually nobody in a survey ever picks.

So where do the Trump voters go now assuming that there will be no open armed insurrection? (I am not making this assumption by the way.) The Republican Party has to acknowledge that their base likes Trump's rhetoric. Their challenge is to find someone more sophisticated than Cruz and the little boy Senator to carry it to the people. Can they do it in 2 years? Maybe. The mid term elections are far from in the bag for Democrats. My fear is that they will not work for those votes.

Democrats should not pound themselves on the back about Biden's election. They lost house seats and the Trump voters were fired up. And they came out to vote. The Democrats did not win. Trump lost. The democrats have to deliver on the economy and very popular programs or they are well and truly fucked in 2022.


Just for everyone's reference.

91% of 74M = 67.34M

Yea, that would be bad for republicans.
  • 1
  • 36
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
  • 40
  • 47
Racism definition & use

Again, is this your example of racism against whi[…]

Online ad immunity

I already have online ad immunity, ever since I st[…]

Western imperialism

why You think that reality is what You believe it […]

They are intended to create a cognitive dissonanc[…]