For the first time in 4 years, we have a president that is a president - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15151538
Finfinder wrote:How do you increase the minimum wage of people that don’t have jobs due to the pandemic, is the timing and logic something that escapes the leftists? Biden said one of the first executive orders he’s going to sign is canceling the keystone pipeline.


Do you know what FDR did the last time people didn't have jobs? He created them. But can America tolerate a social program like the New Deal? There is many ways out of this clusterfuck, especially when you are already printing money for fun. But you need to break your 'Capitalism rules everything' mentality and actually look at what can be done to address the Blue collar issues instead. Watching the price of oil isn't going to do much.
#15151540
Rancid wrote:Good on them. Oil will never be made obsolete (plastics and rubbers are still extremely important), but most oil is used for transport, and that segment of oil use will become obsolete in the next decade or two.


The same was said about coal. Although I doubt as you say oil will be obsolete. It will however become significantly cheaper. Lets not forget that last year oil had a negative price when demand stopped. When the world drives electric cars, that is going to have a huge effect on oil. So looking at oil today to determine who is the better president is pointless. In four years time oil prices may well dip due to the green initiative.
#15151541
Finfinder wrote:
Oil prices are traded on the futures market the speculation is occurring now what part of that is hard for you to understand. It’s the Biden affect just what people need when they don’t have jobs, just what people need a repeat a history when the economy sucked what did Obama do? He doubled down on spending and regulations. Hold on tight for another shit economy that could break records again. I’m real glad that all the snowflakes feelings won’t get hurt because they can now watch the president on TV fumble and stumble..

So is this the forums first “but Trump” you should get an award for that



You are writing fiction again.

Lay off the happy juice if you're going to post here...
#15151543
Istanbuller wrote:Isn't it funny that even central planist and communist head of China knows better what is good for their country and people? :D


Don't worry apparently Joe Biden is the new FDR. :lol: :lol:

B0ycey wrote:Do you know what FDR did the last time people didn't have jobs? He created them. But can America tolerate a social program like the New Deal? There is many ways out of this clusterfuck, especially when you are already printing money for fun. But you need to break your 'Capitalism rules everything' mentality and actually look at what can be done to address the Blue collar issues instead. Watching the price of oil isn't going to do much.
#15151545
Finfinder wrote:Don't worry apparently Joe Biden is the new FDR. :lol: :lol:


I haven't said Biden is the new FDR. Although if he is to be a great president he should be. I just told you one way to address unemployment. So you have written a strawman. But in regards to Biden, he does need to address the wealth divide. And if he doesn't, then I don't see how he thinks he can unite America. Buy today is his first day. Let's see where he's at next year.
#15151548
B0ycey wrote:
I haven't said Biden is the new FDR. Although if he is to be a great president he should be. I just told you one way to address unemployment. So you have written a strawman. But in regards to Biden, he does need to address the wealth divide. And if he doesn't, then I don't see how he thinks he can unite America. Buy today is his first day. Let's see where he's at next year.


The issue is, there's this weird paradox with Trump types like finfinder. They want the government to somehow create jobs for them, but then they don't want the government to create jobs for them because socialism. They don't understand the problem with the wealth divide, let alone the solution.

Thus, biden will never be able to address the wealth divide.
#15151549
B0ycey wrote:I haven't said Biden is the new FDR. Although if he is to be a great president he should be. I just told you one way to address unemployment. So you have written a strawman. But in regards to Biden, he does need to address the wealth divide. And if he doesn't, then I don't see how he thinks he can unite America. Buy today is his first day. Let's see where he's at next year.


Lol Strawman that’s hilarious considering you’re asking to give Joe Biden a year before he’s criticized. You got to be fucking joking based off of the rhetoric the last four years.
#15151550
Rancid wrote:The issue is, there's this weird paradox with Trump types like finfinder. They want the government to somehow create jobs for them, but then they don't want the government to create jobs for them because socialism. They don't understand the problem with the wealth divide, let alone the solution.

Thus, biden will never be able to address the wealth divide.


INDEED!

YES YES YES!

That is the actual issue. And it is a paradox that cannot be easily fixed. Just like social healthcare. People would rather go bankrupt due to "Socialism".
#15151552
Rancid wrote:The issue is, there's this weird paradox with Trump types like finfinder. They want the government to somehow create jobs for them, but then they don't want the government to create jobs for them because socialism. They don't understand the problem with the wealth divide, let alone the solution.

Thus, biden will never be able to address the wealth divide.


See this is why you have no idea why people supported Trump. I don’t want any of that I want the fucking government to get out of the way so we can all do our own thing . All you have is your little bigoted rib shot anti-Trump , I hate half of America bullshit. Guess that plays well to all your buddies in this echo chamber but it doesn’t make for a good argument.
Last edited by Finfinder on 20 Jan 2021 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
#15151553
Finfinder wrote:Lol Strawman that’s hilarious considering you’re asking to give Joe Biden a year before he’s criticized. You got to be fucking joking based off of the rhetoric the last four years.


I'm not asking you to wait a year to criticise him. I would be surprised if I waited a year to do so actually as I expect he will turn out to be a corporate sellout like every president before him since Reagan. But you never know, he might surprise me. I do however expect you to criticise him once he has done something to be criticised for. And that can only happen with time.
#15151555
Finfinder wrote: I don’t want any of that I want the fucking government to get out of the way so we can all do our own thing you have no clue.


That's the thing though, if the government got out of your way, you will still not get your job, or nice paying wages. Capitalism (not government) has already optimized that away. The free market in its current state cannot provide you with what you want. The goal of the free market is to take wages down to zero.

Again, you don't understand the problem.
#15151556
B0ycey wrote:I'm not asking you to wait a year to criticise him. I would be surprised if I waited a year to do so actually as I expect he will turn out to be a corporate sellout like every president before him since Reagan. But you never know, he might surprise me. I do however expect you to criticise him once he has done something to be criticised for. And that can only happen with time.


Well like I said his rhetoric on fossil fuels has already cause speculation in fuel prices along with his plan to cancel the keystone pipeline and by the way no one knows what he plans to do because he never said during his campaign. According to this OP the most important thing is he doesn’t hurt peoples feelings when he’s on TV.
#15151559
Rancid wrote:That's the thing though, if the government got out of your way, you will still not get your job, or nice paying wages. Capitalism (not government) has already optimized that away. The free market in its current state cannot provide you with what you want. The goal of the free market is to take wages down to zero.

Again, you don't understand the problem.


I completely understand the problem. I had two choices one choice would make things much much more worse than it already is. It’s that simple in terms of what I can control.
#15151560
Finfinder wrote:See this is why you have no idea why people supported Trump. I don’t want any of that I want the fucking government to get out of the way so we can all do our own thing . All you have is your little bigoted rib shot anti-Trump , I hate half of America bullshit. Guess that plays well to all your buddies in this echo chamber but it doesn’t make for a good argument.

You should take $2000 check which Biden offers. Use it in a wiser way.

Dumb policies lead to national disasters but it can be personally nice. 8)
#15151564
Rancid complains why he can't rob the country as some crony capitalist corporations and corrupt politicians. He surely wants to be one. I would also want to be one. Who wouldn't want to be one?

The difference is I know it is a bad thing but Rancid does not know. Crony capitalist Jeff Bezos also doesn't know. Both Rancid and Jeff Bezos voted for the same party. Isn't it obivious what is the problem here? :lol:
#15151570
Finfinder wrote:What is the problem again? You’re saying capitalism is the problem?


No. The problem is even more fundamental than that. The problem is our understanding of what capitalism actually is. This misunderstanding makes it impossible to actually address the issues that come along with capitalism.

Personally, I like free enterprise and the innovation it brings. However, the natural effect of capitalism is to, as I said above, take all wages down to zero (i.e. eliminate all jobs). Capitalism seeks to maximize profits and minimize overhead. Jobs are overhead.

I'm generally moderate/centrist, so I am not calling for the elimination of capitalism. However, I am calling for managing capitalism. In particular, manage the fact that capitalism seeks to eliminate jobs. Because, well, we should be prioritizing the wellbeing of people over profit. Thus, we need to check capitalism somehow. Once we all understand this about capitalism, then we can have real discussions around potential solutions to how to manage this unfortunate side effect of capitalism.

Also, fuck the commies.

I can think of historical examples of Indigenous […]

Trump on trial

I absolutely do not understand how anyone can thin[…]

Election 2020

The Democrats sued and won to get nearly 8k milit[…]

Everything is fragile

"Everything is fragile." That's what […]