Election 2020 - Page 553 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By JohnRawls
#15151569
Rancid wrote:Fear is a strong hook for conservatives.


Fear is a strong hook for anyone period.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15151571
JohnRawls wrote:Fear is a strong hook for anyone period.


I'm glad you said this, because science is showing that the hook is stronger in some than others. In fact, conservationism is correlated to a fear response gene. Early data is showing that there is in fact, a conservative gene, and that gene is directly tied to how we respond to fear and bad news. :)

In other words, images of fear/loss affect a conservative's emotions more strongly than someone that is more left. This is why messages of "they are going to take your jobs" resonates more strongly with conservatives.

On the other side of that coin. People that lean left tend to be more emotionally affect by messages of hope and optimism. Hence why Obama's "yes we can" slogan or Biden's "It's time to heal" were so effective.

Again, there are genes correlated with this stuff. 8) Or more precisely, there are now suspicions that there are genes correlated with this stuff. The research is still very early.
User avatar
By JohnRawls
#15151572
Rancid wrote:I'm glad you said this, because science is showing that the hook is stronger in some than others. In fact, conservationism is correlated to a fear response gene. Early data is showing that there is in fact, a conservative gene, and that gene is directly tied to how we respond to fear and bad news. :)

In other words, images of fear/loss affect a conservative's emotions more strongly than someone that is more left. This is why messages of "they are going to take your jobs" resonates more strongly with conservatives.

On the other side of that coin. People that lean left tend to be more emotionally affect by messages of hope and optimism. Hence why Obama's "yes we can" slogan or Biden's "It's time to heal" were so effective.

Again, there are genes correlated with this stuff. 8) Or more precisely, there are now suspicions that there are genes correlated with this stuff. The research is still very early.


Well okay Mr not afraid of anything.

I am just waiting our Trump supporters to come back being like "German bombing of Pearl Harbour was not the end of the WAR !!"
User avatar
By Julian658
#15151579
XogGyux wrote:Really? That didn't seem to last long. Seems to be +260 currently, hitting records highs.
Let's be clear, I didn't give much crap about the stock market under trump, I certainly don't give much crap about it now that biden is in office. It was a fake measure of success (and therefore also failure) given that it does not necessarily track with our economy. Cannot possible be making the argument that the economy is 50% healthier today than it was last march. Why is this so hard to get across?

I misread the number, LOL.


That the stock market is up despite Covid is an effing miracle. Once we get out of Covid it should be great assuming the left wing does not get a hold of Biden.

My kids work from home and they have more work than ever. They earned more last year than in previous years. It is a crazy world! The ones hurting are in the food service industry. America is a resilient country!
User avatar
By Julian658
#15151580
Rancid wrote:The markets were down back when the fall/winter covid spike started. I told my wife "BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!" we bought, and I'm making money baby. 8)


Buy the bad news!

You are not tribal. You are also a normal guy! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
By Saeko
#15151586
Rancid wrote:Funny how these corporations always refer to the government as a (equal) "partner". :eh:


Wow. Our masters must be so humble to lower themselves like that. Wow. :)
User avatar
By XogGyux
#15151592
Julian658 wrote:I misread the number, LOL.


That the stock market is up despite Covid is an effing miracle. Once we get out of Covid it should be great assuming the left wing does not get a hold of Biden.

My kids work from home and they have more work than ever. They earned more last year than in previous years. It is a crazy world! The ones hurting are in the food service industry. America is a resilient country!


Let it be shown that you jumped to conclusions that fit your narrative. Next time you try to claim you are not a Trump fanboy, remember this instance.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15151595
XogGyux wrote:Let it be shown that you jumped to conclusions that fit your narrative. Next time you try to claim you are not a Trump fanboy, remember this instance.


Tovarish:

You and your comrades or like you say back home compañeros assume that anyone that is not to the left of your idols El Ché Guevara and Fidel must be a Trumper. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am no conservative: I am pro-choice, favor Medicare for all, fully accept the LGBTQIA++, and endorse free college for those that pass the entrance exam. However, I believe in capitalism and despise socialism and group ID politics.

Carry on!
User avatar
By XogGyux
#15151598
Julian658 wrote:Tovarish:

You and your comrades or like you say back home compañeros assume that anyone that is not to the left of your idols El Ché Guevara and Fidel must be a Trumper. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


ROFL. I have seen sewage water less shitty than the nonsense you are writing.
Tell me one time that I defended fidel or el che or anyone of the kind, only time. Go ahead, I fucking dare you.
User avatar
By Igor Antunov
#15151607
Godstud wrote:Hit the road, Trump! :lol:


Cmon Trump cultists! Come out and concede, you pathetic losers!!


Where are you @blackjack21, @Hindsite @Wulfschilde @Oxymoron @Igor Antunov and others? Time to admit you backed a losing nag.


I backed a losing nag in 2016? Huh? I didn't support trump in 2020, I said he was a disgraced charlatan and could give no confident prediction for the election. Biden is yet another terrible thing to happen to the US. I'm not complaining.
User avatar
By Julian658
#15151608
XogGyux wrote:ROFL. I have seen sewage water less shitty than the nonsense you are writing.
Tell me one time that I defended fidel or el che or anyone of the kind, only time. Go ahead, I fucking dare you.


Compañero:
I never agreed with El Ché, but I admire the fact that he was the real deal and not a BS left winger. I do not have time to go back and search the forum. I take your word for that.
User avatar
By Igor Antunov
#15151612
This is hilarious, enjoy.
Image
User avatar
By JohnRawls
#15151613
Igor Antunov wrote:This is hilarious, enjoy.
Image


Enjoy.

Image
User avatar
By Igor Antunov
#15151617
I am, I agree trump is either a charlatan or a bitch. Pick one. I tend toward a little bit of both. My cartoon is far funnier though.

Now if Biden doesn't start a direct invasion/war I will be surprised. He does employ the Clinton foreign policy playbook. Let's play bingo. Is Iran next? Or maybe an African or Peninsular country this time. Ethiopia? Yemen? Hmmm. Or maybe he gets real ambition and goes for south east asia. One of China's allies? Laos? Cambodia? Closer to home, central america? South america? And there's always the possibility he sparks one at home.
User avatar
By XogGyux
#15151629
Julian658 wrote: I do not have time to go back and search the forum

Time to make false accusations, check.
Time to search for the evidence of your claims, no.
Got it.
User avatar
By JohnRawls
#15151631
Rancid wrote:Apparently there is mass hysteria and panic among the QAnon crowd. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I shouldn't laugh at these people. They must have mental disorders.


SO is probably having a field day I would imagine writing how he personally raped Q just not here. :hmm:
User avatar
By Igor Antunov
#15151644
This is far less entertaining than 2016-2017 when thousands of never-trumpers were out in the streets self flagellating. Conservatives are a huge disappointment. It was just MIGA with Trump, and now its MIGA again. Biden has his cabinet loaded with chosen people. Over 30% I believe, a new record. That would be like if around 7-8 of the 25 politburo seats in China were being held by Europeans. Suspicious indeed.
User avatar
By JohnRawls
#15151647
Igor Antunov wrote:This is far less entertaining than 2016-2017 when thousands of never-trumpers were out in the streets self flagellating. Conservatives are a huge disappointment. It was just MIGA with Trump, and now its MIGA again. Biden has his cabinet loaded with chosen people. Over 30% I believe, a new record. That would be like if around 7-8 of the 25 politburo seats in China were being held by Europeans. Suspicious indeed.


Man, I usually do not salt wounds but your tears are really, really enjoyable. You claim to be disappointed but Democrats did not whine and shout and cry as much as your side or your favourites. So reading this comment is like a cherry on top for an unbiased observer at how badly the Democrats have won and how much it hurts.
Last edited by JohnRawls on 21 Jan 2021 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
  • 1
  • 551
  • 552
  • 553
  • 554
  • 555
  • 595

Actually, the cost of extreme weather events keep[…]

Logic is still self-referential. And still nece[…]

Boxing

I have wanted to get a punching bag at home for ye[…]

Re-read the text. I didn't call anyone Barbaric[…]