For the first time in 4 years, we have a president that is a president - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rancid wrote:
No. The problem is even more fundamental than that. The problem is our understanding of what capitalism actually is. This misunderstanding makes it impossible to actually address the issues that come along with capitalism.

Personally, I like free enterprise and the innovation it brings. However, the natural effect of capitalism is to, as I said above, take all wages down to zero (i.e. eliminate all jobs). Capitalism seeks to maximize profits and minimize overhead. Jobs are overhead.

I'm generally moderate/centrist, so I am not calling for the elimination of capitalism. However, I am calling for managing capitalism. In particular, manage the fact that capitalism seeks to eliminate jobs. Because, well, we should be prioritizing the wellbeing of people over profit. Thus, we need to check capitalism somehow. Once we all understand this about capitalism, then we can have real discussions around potential solutions to how to manage this unfortunate side effect of capitalism.

Also, fuck the commies.

A fully capitalist economy, from the beginning, has always been a cooperative effort between government and business. As competition increased between countries, competition in education, infrastructure efficiency, R&D, etc has also increased.

This is hardly a new idea, Adam Smith talked about society needing to work to counter the destructive effects of capitalism. Which was ignored at the time, but can't be ignored any longer with so many competitors willing and able to eat your lunch.
late wrote:Which was ignored at the time

I understand and agree with your point. That said, I would argue the destructive effects of capitalism have always been ignored. At least in the US. It is what has given rise to the "get government out of my way" attitude. An attitude that works counter to the well being and interests of working people.
A president that is a president.

A rentier class that is "the economy."

An oligarch class... that hates normal Americans.

So much debt... that you own nothing already. The rentier class (oligarchy) has de-capitalized every aspect of the 99%'s lives and infrastructure.

If you like, you can call Rentier Parasitism "the American Way" and celebrate Joe Biden's triumphant victory as its prime enabler. "A predatory prick who is a predatory prick."

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of t[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]