Racism definition & use - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15152127
Unthinking Majority wrote:I think there's a ton of identity politics everywhere by seemingly everyone. On the left you have intersectionalism and anti-patriarchy feminism and microagressions and gender/race quotas everywhere and #OscarsSoWhite/#MeToo/#WhitePrivilege and all that stuff (a lot of which was started by white people too), then on the right it's a lot of anti-immigrant and white nationalist stuff and people just generally being dicks.

It's really just a power struggle. Some people are like "take down those racist Confederate statues" and then racists are like "no" so then they pull them down themselves, and then the neo-nazis are like "eff you, let's march in Charlottesville" and then some people on left say "no, eff you racists we're going to form Antifa" and then it all goes to hell lol.


The resurgence of White Nationalism is a reaction to rabid Identity Politics on the left. This tribalism often ends in violence and civil war. And yet the left persists in defining everyone according to skin color. In France the latter has been abolished with great results.
#15152129
Pants-of-dog wrote:I do not think identity politics is increasing except among white people and those groups whose identity is only being accepted now, like trans people.

Most minorities are not increasing their participation in identity politics as far as I can tell. This seems to be a myth. It may be true, but the evidence seems weak at best. It is often brought up by conservatives as a whataboutism or as some sort of leftist version of bigotry.

What minorities are increasingly doing is participating equally in society, helping to frame the debate, and filling positions of power. This challenges white supremacy and hegemony, which in turn threatens white people. Those white people without marketable skills probably feel even more threatened. And this in turn creates more identity politics like the racism that Trump surfed to power on.


It has been aid that a white CIS gender male is the culprit of all evils in the world. What did you expect?
#15152154
At a certain point, you have to ask your self why so many conservatives think identity politics is this big huge monster.

Or more correctly, why many conservatives think IP from marginalised communities is a problem but these same conservatives ignore the IP on their side.

As far as I can tell, the only threat to society from identity politics is in the form of violent racist post-factual right wingers who see themselves as victims. Ironically, they see themselves as victims of identity politics.
#15152170
Pants-of-dog wrote:At a certain point, you have to ask your self why so many conservatives think identity politics is this big huge monster.

Or more correctly, why many conservatives think IP from marginalised communities is a problem but these same conservatives ignore the IP on their side.

As far as I can tell, the only threat to society from identity politics is in the form of violent racist post-factual right wingers who see themselves as victims. Ironically, they see themselves as victims of identity politics.


POD, use common sense. IF ID politics is evil on the right then it must also be evil on the left. Furthermore, this can lead to civil war. Why do you think the French did away with the system of classifying people according to skin color?
ID politics on either side fuels ID politics on the other end of the spectrum.

The question that begs answer is: Are you even aware of your tribalism?
#15152176
It has been aid that a white CIS gender male is the culprit of all evils in the world. What did you expect?


This has been said by CIS gender white males usually as a prelude to launching into a racist tirade about how their "values" are under attack.

The fact is that white males are not under attack. At the end of the day, people who appear to be opposing white males do not want them to have what they have, they want to have what white males have. No more than that and willing to settle for less.
#15152184
Drlee wrote:This has been said by CIS gender white males usually as a prelude to launching into a racist tirade about how their "values" are under attack.

The fact is that white males are not under attack. At the end of the day, people who appear to be opposing white males do not want them to have what they have, they want to have what white males have. No more than that and willing to settle for less.

I said that to POD as a tongue in cheek comment.
The issue is that tribalism and race ID politics leads to civil war or another French Revolution.
The only way to avoid violence is to copy the French and adopt a single unifying culture.

Straight Cis White Male
People who often can't take their own medicine or accept that they're not oppressed.
Mike: "Lmao if only white people could season their food!"
John: "IF THE ROLES WERE REVERSED, YOU'D CALL ME A RACIST! STUPID racial slur!"
Mike: "They already are, stfu man. Straight cis white males really are the biggest snowflakes."

Urban dictionary.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15152186
The issue is that tribalism and race ID politics leads to civil war or another French Revolution.
The only way to avoid violence is to copy the French and adopt a single unifying culture.


There is a difference between Tribalism and what YOU call "race ID politics". I have another term for "race ID politics". I call it "representative democracy".
#15152187
Drlee wrote:There is a difference between Tribalism and what YOU call "race ID politics". I have another term for "race ID politics". I call it "representative democracy".

OK, you and POD seem to favor ID politics. The number of different groups can be quite large and I rather not go there. The intersectionality list could be endless. I would follow the French approach------It is much healthier.
Last edited by Julian658 on 22 Jan 2021 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
#15152190
Julian658 wrote:POD, use common sense.


No, thank you. I prefer to use the more uncommon but better sense that we call logic and science. It is not nearly as widespread as common sense, but it works far better.

IF ID politics is evil on the right then it must also be evil on the left. Furthermore, this can lead to civil war.


No, not necessarily.

This is like arguing that gun violence is equally evil when rapists use gun violence and people who are defending themselves from rape use gun violence.

Why do you think the French did away with the system of classifying people according to skin color?


This is untrue. The French are just as racist as anyone else. Do you know what they call depanneurs, or as you may know them, convenience stores?

ID politics on either side fuels ID politics on the other end of the spectrum.


No. This is not true. People went and actually researched this. They found that identity politics on the side of BIPOC people is not responsible for white nationalism. Instead, the loss of white supremacy and demographic majority is what spurs id politics on the side of the racists.

The question that begs answer is: Are you even aware of your tribalism?


This is a stupid and irrelevant question.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15152192
OK, you and POD seen to favor ID politics.


If by that you mean representative democracy then I do.

The number of different groups can be quite large and I rather not go there.


I don't understand what you are on about. What is the problem with people banding together to forward their political goals. That is sort of the whole point of democracy.

The intersectionality list could be endless.


No idea what you mean. Did you learn a new word and are just dying to use it?



I would follow the French approach------It is much healthier.


No idea what you mean. Do you have some idea in your head that the country of strikes is somehow homogeneous? Do please explain.
#15152193
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is untrue. The French are just as racist as anyone else. Do you know what they call depanneurs, or as you may know them, convenience stores?



I did not say there was no racism in France. However, BIPOPOC people are happier over there because they are always labeled as French and nothing else.
#15152196
Julian658 wrote:I did not say there was no racism in France. However, BIPOPOC people are happier over there because they are always labeled as French and nothing else.


No, you are wrong.

I assume you do not speak French and have never been to France.

French people regularly refer to people’s religions, race, and places of origins.

I have no idea who told you this lie or why you believe it.
#15152197
Drlee wrote:If by that you mean representative democracy then I do.



I don't understand what you are on about. What is the problem with people banding together to forward their political goals. That is sort of the whole point of democracy.



No idea what you mean. Did you learn a new word and are just dying to use it?





No idea what you mean. Do you have some idea in your head that the country of strikes is somehow homogeneous? Do please explain.


For the longest times American blacks have loved Paris. They feel more welcomed over there than in their own nation. That does not mean there is no racism in France.

Group identity can be split into endless groups.
Groups can band together in a democracy and petition without an attempt to classify people according top phenotype. The latter is the very definition of racism.
#15152198
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, you are wrong.

I assume you do not speak French and have never been to France.

French people regularly refer to people’s religions, race, and places of origins.

I have no idea who told you this lie or why you believe it.


You need to google some more POD! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You show ignorance on this one.
#15152200
Groups can band together in a democracy and petition without an attempt to classify people according top phenotype. The latter is the very definition of racism


Seriously guy. How many times do you have to be told that people banding together to fight racism is not racism? :roll:
#15152214
Julian658 wrote:You need to google some more POD! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You show ignorance on this one.


No. You need to Google and do research.

Again, I speak French and have been to France and discussed racism with French people and have witnessed it firsthand.

This is how I know you are wrong.

Your attempt to insult me instead of doing research is noted. It is a cheap shot and a bad argument.
#15152222
Pants-of-dog wrote:At a certain point, you have to ask your self why so many conservatives think identity politics is this big huge monster.

Or more correctly, why many conservatives think IP from marginalised communities is a problem but these same conservatives ignore the IP on their side.

As far as I can tell, the only threat to society from identity politics is in the form of violent racist post-factual right wingers who see themselves as victims. Ironically, they see themselves as victims of identity politics.

If someone like Ben Shapiro says trans people have a mental illness then trans people and their leftwing allies feel threatened, so they protest Shapiro and people try to stop him from speaking on campuses, which makes the right feel threatened because they're shutting down free speech, and the cycle just continues. It's the same with the whole controversy with The Odyssey book.

Politics is what happens when people's rights and/or interests come into conflict with each other. It's a zero sum game. Everyone wants to control the narrative. Everyone feels threatened by the other side for one reason or another.
#15152224
Pants-of-dog wrote:No. You need to Google and do research.

Again, I speak French and have been to France and discussed racism with French people and have witnessed it firsthand.

This is how I know you are wrong.

Your attempt to insult me instead of doing research is noted. It is a cheap shot and a bad argument.

Once again: I did not say there was no racism in France. I just said they do not categorized and classify people according to phenotype. I do not speak French, but I have been many times. My daughter lived in Paris for three years.

Arguing for race ID is racist POD. MLK did not want that.
#15152227
Unthinking Majority wrote:If someone like Ben Shapiro says trans people have a mental illness then trans people and their leftwing allies feel threatened, so they protest Shapiro and people try to stop him from speaking on campuses, which makes the right feel threatened because they're shutting down free speech, and the cycle just continues. It's the same with the whole controversy with The Odyssey book.

Politics is what happens when people's rights and/or interests come into conflict with each other. It's a zero sum game. Everyone wants to control the narrative. Everyone feels threatened by the other side for one reason or another.


Shapiro has no issues with Trans. However, he does not want Trans people to advertise that a boy can be a girl or a girl a boy because of a social construct. He wants them to acknowledge the role of biology and chromosomes..
#15152228
Drlee wrote:Seriously guy. How many times do you have to be told that people banding together to fight racism is not racism? :roll:


Do it as MLK did it. No problem!
You need to listen to the "I have a dream" speech again.
  • 1
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 44

@Oxymoron Can you provide an example of a vacc[…]

Everything is fragile

I watched the first 2 episodes last night. It's[…]

So my girlfriend got the disease and I'm waiting f[…]