Racism definition & use - Page 14 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15152339
It doesn't matter if you have trouble seeing the obvious. Your poor perception isn't the topic.
#15152369
Godstud wrote:It doesn't matter if you have trouble seeing the obvious. Your poor perception isn't the topic.

I believe you have trouble describing what you are preaching. You call it obvious but can never come up with good examples. Many people talk about oppression and racism in general terms but have difficulties delineating and listing the specific causes. In other words you guys simply talk in platitudes with no specifics. Racism is real make no question about it. Humans evolved in tribes and tribalism is the mother of racism. Let me help you with the one that is often mentioned:

Police brutality:
Yes, blacks get a rougher treatment from cops than other groups. However, the rate of killing by cops is no different when compared to whites. Roland Fryer studied this when he was at Harvard:
https://scholar.harvard.edu/fryer/publi ... -use-force

There are more blacks in jail: Most people assume that is racism and that may be a part of the story. Blacks do more crime per capita, but have much less access to a good solicitor for defense hence they go to prison more often.

Ignorant whites often call the police on blacks.

Can you describe other forms of racism?
#15152381
Racism is throughout the system (from longer sentences, more charges laid, etc.) and you're a good example of a racist. You always seek to make it seem as if it's their fault. :knife:

I am simply tired of repeating myself to racists who are looking for someone or something else to blame for their idiocy, ignorance and bigotry.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15152396
Here we are whining away about "identity politics". It has become yet another special snowflake meme on the right. So Julian. Tell me why it is wrong for a group of people, let's take for example, a group of gun owners to band together and vote their special interest. Use that group and tell me why it is wrong.

(Please do not try to weasel out by saying gun owner is not an identity. It most certainly is.)
By wat0n
#15152405
Godstud wrote:Racism is throughout the system (from longer sentences, more charges laid, etc.) and you're a good example of a racist. You always seek to make it seem as if it's their fault. :knife:

I am simply tired of repeating myself to racists who are looking for someone or something else to blame for their idiocy, ignorance and bigotry.


All the things you mentioned apply to male defendants getting worse outcomes than female ones as well, would you say males face systemic discrimination in the US?
User avatar
By Drlee
#15152408
All the things you mentioned apply to male defendants getting worse outcomes than female ones as well, would you say males face systemic discrimination in the US?


Absolutely. But then I would say that the US has absurdly long prison sentences period. And no real concept of rehabilitation.
By wat0n
#15152411
Drlee wrote:Absolutely. But then I would say that the US has absurdly long prison sentences period. And no real concept of rehabilitation.


Why would you say males face systemic discrimination in the US (compared to females)?
User avatar
By Drlee
#15152413
Why would you say males face systemic discrimination in the US (compared to females)?


Tradition. Conservative views about "the weaker sex". No more.
#15152441
Julian658 wrote:ID politics on the left is bad. ID politics on the right also bad. Use common sense POD.


I already disproved this.

This is like saying violence is always bad. So a person shooting into a crowd, and the person who tackles this indiscriminate shooter and stops them from killing anyone else is equally bad.

Good argument!

Fighting racism with racism does not work. Two wrongs do not make a right.

BTW, your love for race ID politics was the order of the day in apartheid South Africa. You are playing with fire.


You have this habit of accusing people of racism when you have no argument.

The South African Identity Number of the 1970s and 80s enshrined the Apartheid era ideal of racial registration. It was brought in to effect by the 1950 Population Registration Act which identified four different racial groups: White, Coloured, Bantu (Black) and others. Over the next two decades, the racial classification of both the Coloured and 'other' groups were extended until by the early 80s there was a total of nine different racial groups being identified.
https://www.thoughtco.com/south-african ... rs-4070233

They had up to nine ID racial groups in South Africa.

The left wing Americans came up with this in the USA:
Image

Yes! Believe it or not! America has more racial classifications than the Old South Africa and NAZI Germany.


Well, the US is also racist.

————————

By the way, sexism can be negative for both men and women. There is no rule saying it only disadvantages women.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15152459
Well, those are also argued to (negatively) discriminate against females, don't they?


Sure. And, in some situations give them an advantage.
#15152467
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Well, the US is also racist.


POD! All humans are racists including you.
IN any event I agree with you. The USA is racist by having more racial classifications than the old South Africa. So why do you still cling to ID politics?
#15152468
wat0n wrote:Can racism be applied against whites? There is no rule arguing it only disadvantages nonwhites, either.

There are people on the extreme left that claim minorities cannot be racist. Obviously, not true.
#15152470
Godstud wrote:Racism is throughout the system (from longer sentences, more charges laid, etc.) and you're a good example of a racist. You always seek to make it seem as if it's their fault. :knife:

I am simply tired of repeating myself to racists who are looking for someone or something else to blame for their idiocy, ignorance and bigotry.

I listed several examples of racism. And you are unable to list ONE example of racism other than calling me racist for demonstrating that you are severely constipated due to coprophagia. I give you another chance. List al the systems and institutions that are racist. I mentioned the police force. Can you come up with anything else?
Last edited by Julian658 on 23 Jan 2021 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
By late
#15152473
Julian658 wrote:
There are people on the extreme left that claim minorities cannot be racist. Obviously, not true.



Do you ever stop spewing bullshit?
#15152475
late wrote:Do you ever stop spewing bullshit?

OK, what did I say that was bullshit. How is is it bullshit? Please provide some analysis.
The problem with you is that you have no ammunition to form an argument to my point of view.
#15152476
Julian658 wrote:There are people on the extreme left that claim minorities cannot be racist. Obviously, not true.


No, this is a strawman.

One of the corrupt murdering cops that helped kill George Floyd was Asian. The fact that this murderous cop was Asian does not change the fact that racism was one of the factors in George Floyd’s murder.

Note that the claim that minorities cannot be racist is not the same as the claim as that it is impossible or difficult to be racist against white people.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15152481
How about this @Julian658

How about giving me an example of the people on the "extreme left" who say that minorities cannot be racist.

Of course, even if you do, it is easy to reject their opinions as not much more credible than the flat-earthers.

I think it is possible to find someone on any political spectrum who holds an absurdly extreme view. I would like to know what your point is. You mentioned these people, what are we to learn from your point?

BTW... And this is a key point. Some people named Julian are women. Some women are feminist. Just keep that in mind. I think we all know what I am saying.
Last edited by Drlee on 23 Jan 2021 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
#15152482
Julian658 wrote:

The problem with you is that you have no ammunition to form an argument



No, that's you projecting again.

That is an old and remarkably dumb line. Racism is a continuum, most everyone is racist, to one degree or another.

But if you had even a vague understanding, you would know that there is a huge difference between what happens to Whites and Blacks. That what all the recent insanity is about is Whites trying to hold onto that White power, at the expense of Blacks.
  • 1
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 44

Creating a guide for doctors to better diagnose sk[…]

How to deal with Trump?

2)International law doesn't work like that, esp.[…]

Which civilization didn't thought of themselves as[…]

US bombs Syria

Covid relief payments since election: $0 Missiles […]