Cuba has proven that capitalism and technology are failures - Page 111 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15132410
Pants-of-dog wrote:@XogGyux

Every time I have been in a Cuban hospital, it has never looked like those photos.

So, according to your preferred methodology, I have shown myself that these photos are inaccurate.


I'll bite. Which hospitals did you visit, for what reasons? you dont have to be specific, I don't want to inquire about your personal health. I mean where you there for some sort of scheduled visit as part of a delegation? Anything that could be part of media coverage :lol: or did you have some sort of unexpected accident/health scare that prompted you an unscheduuled visit to the nearest hospital? Did you go to a tourist hospital such as Cira Garcia? You do realize those places are off-limits to regular cubas do you? :lol:
#15132809
Pants-of-dog wrote:Anyone who has walked through poor barrios in Santiago de Chile, the DF, and other Latin American cities can literally smell the difference. Cuban neighborhoods do not smell like that.

It's too bad you can't post the smell of those neighborhoods via a site like ScentJpeg.com.
#15152383
Fidel Castro wanted Sports to be something that you do, and not something that you watch. So, he eliminated Professional Sports in Cuba, and put the energy into community sports and physical participation in them.

Here is an article that explains "why" professional sports are a sign of social illness:

Peter Bolton wrote:In 1961, two years after the triumph of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro declared an end to professional sport on the island. But banning professional sport was not a move against sport. In fact, it was the opposite. Castro wanted to make sport not something that people simply watched as passive spectators, but something that people participated in themselves. Rather than existing as a spectacle, sport would be participatory and community based. A few years after the abolition of professional sport, Castro commented, ““Anybody who truly loves sport, and feels sport, has to prefer this sport to professional sport by a thousand times.”

On this basis, the government promoted access to participatory sport for all. As a result, sport has provided an important means of physical education and, in turn, helped to promote public health. People in the United States should take note. Whereas the US has the highest rate of obesity in the world, Cuba has much lower levels and even exceeds the US in life expectancy – despite being a much poorer country that has furthermore suffered for decades under a brutal economic blockade.

Professional sport, meanwhile, has arguably harmed public health and communities here in the US. People waste huge amounts of time and money on the mind-numbing spectacle that is modern spectator sports. On weekends across North America, millions crowd into stadiums to sit passively watching the “action” unfold while gorging on all manner of junk food. One can only image the sums that are made from by the companies that sell this along with the tickets, the merchandise, and the other vulgar accompaniments of pro sport “culture.” Meanwhile, these same corporations get a captive audience of millions, both in the stadiums and watching from home, to advertise the latest wares in their vast apparatus of unnecessary consumerist junk.

Image"Go, Cubs, Go!"

Tied to this is the equally destructive personality cults that surround sports stars. In 21st Century America, these overpaid manchilds have come to take on the stature of Greek demigods in their cultural and social cachet. And this casts an ominous cloud over how US society will evolve into the future. As Arnold Toynbee pointed out, societies often rise or fall based on the kinds of people that they revere. Societies that look up to better people as role models thrive, while those that look down to inferior role models decline.


I have always believed that community sports are important, while professional sports are a sign of decadence. What I didn't know is that Fidel Castro made this public policy in Cuba before I was even born. :D
#15152392
noemon wrote:Cuba does not have obesity because they don't have enough food to eat.

Sport is non-existent in Cuba at any level.

Many, many Cubans are chubby. But not alarmingly obese, or shockingly skinny. Chubby.

And sport is on every street in Cuba. Lots of fields become ballfields, and many streets become rollerblading tracks.

Dogs can sleep on the streets, and children can play on them.

Backyards is what rich Western countries have to offer their own children (along with video entertainment), and then the obese adults in rich countries attack "backyards" (meaning: resource colonies) in order to keep the fuel in their tanks nice and cheap so that their children would be killed trying to play on the streets of death.

Image
American suburbs offer "streets of death" to children
#15152401
XogGyux wrote:Is that right?
You are the guy that drove a toyota corolla twice and come write about how insufficient is the downforce and drag coefficient of the left carbon fiber wing on the F1 racing car and then get annoyed when people point out not only that you are wrong, but that you really have very little qualifications to be doing the assessment to begin with.
How many times have you given birth in a Cuban maternity hospital? How many times did you call an ambulance? How many nights you spent in a hospital, how many nights have you spent in a Cuban ICU? How many MRIs of your brain did you need while visiting Cuba? What school in Cuba taught you or your children? How many hours without electricity did you spend? How many without water?
You see... anyone can enjoy 2 weeks on a safari in Africa without a nice warm water shower, drinking from muddy waters, being eaten alive by mosquitoes and other insects, and having 2 weeks of dysentery. They might still enjoy that crappy trip just because they get to take a picture with the elephants and be a "god" to the local tourist's guides. But the moment that the reality of living in the middle of the savannah or jungle for the rest of your live in such a jungle, you would go mad quicker than Robbie Williams in Jumanji.
The same thing applies to Cuba. It is not that people cannot learn to be happy. People can be happy with far less than Cuba people have... after all it would be much hubris to think that happiness was invented in modern times by us. I promise you they have been plenty of poor people living in the most primitive and horrendous conditions that in one way or another they have learned to be happy. But don't confuse human resilience with system success. The Cuban system is an utter failure and if the picture of 10people in a tiny improvised raft in the middle of the fucking ocean is not proof enough... then you are simply broken.


You've got to be kidding me. This didn't seem to bother you much when you were calling me a greedy motherfucker...
I agree with you, motives shouldn't be part of the discussion. Just facts... something that you seem to have a rather flimsy relationship with.
And yes... discussing this nonsense is almost a big waste of time. But if I can help to educate anyone that might come across this thread in the future, I am glad to do my service.
For instance, let Cuba's cult of personality towards Fidel be a warning short of those dummies falling asleep to the tune of the Donald. :knife:


Great post!

The lefties in the West glorify Cuba as a massive success of socialism. Cuba does a lot with the little they have so they are not 100% wrong. However, they believe the propaganda in the same manner Trumpers believe Donald Trump's propaganda.

Admin Edit: OFF-Topic Trolling Removed

Hopefully one day we will have a centrist majority.
#15152434
QatzelOk wrote:Many, many Cubans are chubby. But not alarmingly obese, or shockingly skinny. Chubby.

And sport is on every street in Cuba. Lots of fields become ballfields, and many streets become rollerblading tracks.

Dogs can sleep on the streets, and children can play on them.

Backyards is what rich Western countries have to offer their own children (along with video entertainment), and then the obese adults in rich countries attack "backyards" (meaning: resource colonies) in order to keep the fuel in their tanks nice and cheap so that their children would be killed trying to play on the streets of death.

Image
American suburbs offer "streets of death" to children


This is hilarious. The way that you can just excuse everything :lol: .

Many, many Cubans are chubby. But not alarmingly obese, or shockingly skinny. Chubby.

Yeah, food scarcity/uncertainty would do that. There are many countries in Africa, asia and south America with skinny people, not thanks to Fidel :lol: .

Dogs can sleep on the streets, and children can play on them.

Bullshit. They are stray animals, not some sort of "communal pet". Stray animals are treated the same way that most other countries, they are avoided due to diseases, they are often abused. In some cases they are eaten :lol: . I lived 2 blocks from a restaurant called "El conejito" ("the rabbit") across Focsa building. In the mid 1990's there used to be clowder next to that restaurant that would feed from the trash outside the restaurant, disappeared quite quickly after rumors of the restaurant cooking them and serving them as rabbits, as reportedly they taste similar :lol: .
Anyhow... this idea that you present as if they were just sharing pets is fucking ridiculous. Thats like saying that homeless people are better off because they share everyone's family and get money from everyone that would give them a few coins. Do you come up with your own ideas or are you going to some sort of "dark web" that spews all this crap for you to later repeat? I am genuinely interested in knowing this. Thanks

Backyards is what rich Western countries have to offer their own children (along with video entertainment), and then the obese adults in rich countries attack "backyards" (meaning: resource colonies) in order to keep the fuel in their tanks nice and cheap so that their children would be killed trying to play on the streets of death.

LOL @ street of deaths. You don't think cuba's traffic also kill dumb people and children that waltz into their street?
Image
Tell me... does that appear safe to you? :lol:
#15152463
Pants-of-dog wrote:The fact that Cuba often earns many medals at each summer Olympics disproves the claim that sport is non-existent in Cuba at any level.

POD

It is well known that communists countries always tried to go all out in summer olympics to promote the idea socialism was great. The East German female swimmers were the best in the world in the summer olympics. The women looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger because the communist government gave men massive doses of anabolic steroids.

The communist government of the German Democratic Republic (GDR) conducted a decades long program of coercive administration and distribution of performance-enhancing drugs, initially testosterone, later mainly anabolic drugs to its elite athletes. The aim of this program was to bolster the state image and prestige by winning medals in international competition such as the Olympic games. The East German doping system started in the 1960s. The system was extremely formalised and heavily based on a notion of secrecy. On a performance level the system could be qualified as being successful. East German athletes were part of the elite and the country achieved successes. However, the doping system gradually affected the health of numerous people. WIKI

The negative side effects on the women were devastating, but the commies wanted to show the world they were good in athletics. And you buy into this crap? It is well known all commie countries had doping programs. They forcefully obligated the athletes to take toxic drugs. Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation :knife: :knife:
#15152477
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Julian658

Calling me names is not an argument, but whatever. Par for the course.

Anyway, the topic is Cuba, not your feelings about Admin Edit: Rule 5 Violation communism.


His post does not contain any name-calling against you and his term of "naive" has been removed as per forum rules and that only because he used the term "you 're", had he phrased it differently, it would not have been removed.

His post contains an argument that is not based on "feelings".

Your post is based on feelings("you called me names 'naive' so I'm ignoring your argument").

I asked you to prove your claim about Cuban sport and the Olympics.

Still waiting and very much looking forward to dissecting that.

Elaborate your point if you can and we shall see where and how successful Cuba is.
#15152655
XogGyux wrote:There are many countries in Africa, asia and south America with skinny people...

Cuba has gone through periods of starvation in its history, but most of them were when it was under the mafia capitalism system. For example, in the 30s, after the USA's capitalism violently crashed the Western Economy, Cuba went through massive starvation and labor strikes.

Since the USA will be entering another Capitalist Depression soon, it might be a good idea to see what might be in store for USA citizens by examining what the Cuban government did to its people during that episode (shot them, repressed them, made alliances with mafia members).

Nothing actually improved for average Cubans until after Fidel Castro overthrew the mafia-capitalism.

They are stray animals, not some sort of "communal pet".

The animals are all safely in the yard of a home after dark. You are just projecting your own lack of knowledge of Cuba and trying to write hate literature.

LOL @ street of deaths.


(unfunny reality 1)
663 Children died in car accidents in 2015 (children 12 years and younger)
121,350 were injured in car accidents

(unfunny reality 2)
There are 160 non-traffic car deaths of children to add to this

Image
Most children's play areas (playground, backyard, schoolyard) in rich, car-addicted countries, are surrounded by chain-link fencing, and this is to ensure that fewer children get crushed by motor vehicles. Of course, prisons use much higher walls than this, but the psychological effect is similar.

And the ubiquitous presence of these "private property and road engineering" fences, makes it difficult to walk anywhere because your path is always blocked. This is one reason why most Americans have given up on using their feet to go anywhere, thus ensuring an alienating landscape of machines... for children to live in fear.

In Cuba, kids play in the street, on the road, on fields... like American children used to do before cars came along and started killing children.
#15152712
QatzelOk wrote:Cuba has gone through periods of starvation in its history, but most of them were when it was under the mafia capitalism system. For example, in the 30s, after the USA's capitalism violently crashed the Western Economy, Cuba went through massive starvation and labor strikes.

Since the USA will be entering another Capitalist Depression soon, it might be a good idea to see what might be in store for USA citizens by examining what the Cuban government did to its people during that episode (shot them, repressed them, made alliances with mafia members).

Nothing actually improved for average Cubans until after Fidel Castro overthrew the mafia-capitalism.


The animals are all safely in the yard of a home after dark. You are just projecting your own lack of knowledge of Cuba and trying to write hate literature.



(unfunny reality 1)
663 Children died in car accidents in 2015 (children 12 years and younger)
121,350 were injured in car accidents

(unfunny reality 2)
There are 160 non-traffic car deaths of children to add to this

Image
Most children's play areas (playground, backyard, schoolyard) in rich, car-addicted countries, are surrounded by chain-link fencing, and this is to ensure that fewer children get crushed by motor vehicles. Of course, prisons use much higher walls than this, but the psychological effect is similar.

And the ubiquitous presence of these "private property and road engineering" fences, makes it difficult to walk anywhere because your path is always blocked. This is one reason why most Americans have given up on using their feet to go anywhere, thus ensuring an alienating landscape of machines... for children to live in fear.

In Cuba, kids play in the street, on the road, on fields... like American children used to do before cars came along and started killing children.


WOW. This is a fucking retarded post. Ever heard of the special period? It must of happen pre-Fidel right? Think again!

That is what you want? Kids playing on the fucking street? Streets are not for kids to play, they are designed for cars to drive on, before cars existed it was designed for horses which were just as dangerous for kids. What you might see as harmless mischiefs is completely inappropriate.
If you see kids in the streets, is because there are no other places for them. Cuba's parks have slowly disappeared, the slide who used to have a smooth metal surface in 1940's now have scraps of oxidated metal ready to shred the tender legs of your child, perhaps give him/her some tetanus for good measure. You know what I used to play baseball with when I was in primary school, perhaps 8-10 years old? a metal can which we would squish into a ball, and that would be our ball, then we would grab whatever long wood stick and that would be our bat. Our ball was a ball of metal with sharp edges, what could possibly go wrong? :?: :knife:
Your defenses are as pathetic as they are nonsensical.
#15152837
XogGyux wrote:Ever heard of the special period?

It's been mentionned many times by me and others in this thread. Did you read any of the other posts?

Streets are not for kids to play, they are designed for cars to drive on,

And it has been this way since the mid-20th Century in rich countries. We swept our kids off our streets so that adults could tear around on them in auto-mo-beels! Yee-haw, what a bunch of child-harming imbeciles rich North Americans are.

And we care so little of our children that we cage them in chainlink fences so that we can drive heavy machinery everwhere.

Before cars took over, life happened on the street

Before cars became a thing, the street was mainly for walking, playing, and spontaneous socializing.

Most of these three things, have been pretty well eliminated in rich, machine-addicted societies. And these types of things make life worth living, and are an important part of "education" in the sense of "upbringing." It takes a community, means that you need the street to socialize with the community.

Which is why Cuba is such a breath of fresh air (literally and figuratively). Far fewer cars means more concern for children.

So you can add adultism to the many lucrative prejudices of rich Western capitalism. By not considering the needs of children and our communities, we are able to plow around in cars and trucks.
#15152879
QatzelOk wrote:It's been mentionned many times by me and others in this thread. Did you read any of the other posts?

Do you realize that in this case, "special" does not mean something good. In this case, "special" is bad, just like "special kids". After alienating every foreign company out of investing in Cuba (that is if they did not get their assets sieged through nationalization) and mismanaging every possible aspect of the economy, the Cuban economy could only stay afloat due to the non-stop pumping of resources from the USSR nations. That is, of course until its collapse at which point the real states of the Cuban economy became obvious almost overnight. Cuba has not recovered since. Scarcity of various goods are still quite common including food items. Cooking oil? Sometimes it would disapear from the shelves of all stores for months. Next month it might be cheese... no cheese for weeks and months, and maybe afterward it would be frozen ground meat and so forth. That only adds further chaos to an already precarious situation.

And it has been this way since the mid-20th Century in rich countries. We swept our kids off our streets so that adults could tear around on them in auto-mo-beels! Yee-haw, what a bunch of child-harming imbeciles rich North Americans are.

And we care so little of our children that we cage them in chainlink fences so that we can drive heavy machinery everwhere.


Before cars took over, life happened on the street

Before cars became a thing, the street was mainly for walking, playing, and spontaneous socializing.

Most of these three things, have been pretty well eliminated in rich, machine-addicted societies. And these types of things make life worth living, and are an important part of "education" in the sense of "upbringing." It takes a community, means that you need the street to socialize with the community.

Which is why Cuba is such a breath of fresh air (literally and figuratively). Far fewer cars means more concern for children.

So you can add adultism to the many lucrative prejudices of rich Western capitalism. By not considering the needs of children and our communities, we are able to plow around in cars and trucks.

You are a really "special" person to be posting such bizarre posts. And in this case special is not a good thing. Streets were NEVER EVER EVER for "walking, playing, and spontaneous socializing".
NEVER EVER NEVER EVER. THIS IS COMPLETE UTTER NONSENSE.
Furthermore, it is boldly ironic for you to claim "not considering the needs of children" and/or this ridiculous "adultism" when it is modern times in western countries where parents often go ahead and beyond to attend to the needs and wants of their children, often times possibly going too far. Can you honestly tell me you never seen a child pulling off a tantrum for some sort of nonsense and the parent being the one apologizing to the kid? Ridiculous! 100 years back, if you were the kid of a rich family they would mail you to a boarding school and let others educate you and if you were a child of a poor family they would put you to work as a sort of cheap labor as soon as you were old enough to follow some basic instructions.
What is up with you? Coming with ridiculous points that are neither pertinent, nor support your main argument and in many (maybe all) cases they are embarrassingly idiotic? It takes a special kind of person to do that.
#15152942
XogGyux wrote:Do you realize that in this case, "special" does not mean something good. In this case, "special" is bad, just like "special kids". After alienating every foreign company out of investing in Cuba (that is if they did not get their assets sieged through nationalization) and mismanaging every possible aspect of the economy, the Cuban economy could only stay afloat due to the non-stop pumping of resources from the USSR nations. That is, of course until its collapse at which point the real states of the Cuban economy became obvious almost overnight. Cuba has not recovered since. Scarcity of various goods are still quite common including food items. Cooking oil? Sometimes it would disapear from the shelves of all stores for months. Next month it might be cheese... no cheese for weeks and months, and maybe afterward it would be frozen ground meat and so forth. That only adds further chaos to an already precarious situation.


You are a really "special" person to be posting such bizarre posts. And in this case special is not a good thing. Streets were NEVER EVER EVER for "walking, playing, and spontaneous socializing".
NEVER EVER NEVER EVER. THIS IS COMPLETE UTTER NONSENSE.
Furthermore, it is boldly ironic for you to claim "not considering the needs of children" and/or this ridiculous "adultism" when it is modern times in western countries where parents often go ahead and beyond to attend to the needs and wants of their children, often times possibly going too far. Can you honestly tell me you never seen a child pulling off a tantrum for some sort of nonsense and the parent being the one apologizing to the kid? Ridiculous! 100 years back, if you were the kid of a rich family they would mail you to a boarding school and let others educate you and if you were a child of a poor family they would put you to work as a sort of cheap labor as soon as you were old enough to follow some basic instructions.
What is up with you? Coming with ridiculous points that are neither pertinent, nor support your main argument and in many (maybe all) cases they are embarrassingly idiotic? It takes a special kind of person to do that.


I had two uncles that used to glorify Fidel and el Che. They were both anti-Americans. I have an SJW niece, those that die the hair purple, green, of Pink-----------a commie wannabe antifa type. She had a huge poster of El Che in her bedroom.

The story is these tow is unique. I suspect El Che was much more authentic than Fidel.
  • 1
  • 108
  • 109
  • 110
  • 111
  • 112
Atheism is Evil

St. Augustine seems to be wrong. How so? Anyw[…]

Everything I needed to know about life, I learned[…]

A lot of evidence has been presented by myself an[…]

It's been awhile since I lasted posted on this one[…]