Racism definition & use - Page 21 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Julian658 wrote:https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/red-alert-politics/evergreen-state-college-students-host-no-whites-allowed-event-for-second-year-in-a-row-but-at-what-cost

An article from a website with a very large bias to the right that has failed multiple fact checks.

This is not a good source. It is right wing echo chamber stuff.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/no-whites ... e-college/

That does not even support your claim despite the misleading headline. The actual text of the article contradicts your claim.

I assume you did not read the article; only the headline.

What does the actual school website say?

Everyone is welcome on campus
    No students, faculty, or staff have ever been asked to leave campus based on race or background.
    Since the 1970s, some members of the Evergreen community have annually participated in two optional activities, Day of Absence and Day of Presence. Designed to address current issues surrounding race at Evergreen and beyond, these activities are inspired by the 1965 play “Day of Absence” by African-American playwright Douglas Turner Ward.
    Participation in Day of Absence and Day of Presence always has been, and always will be, entirely optional.

https://www.evergreen.edu/news/ensuring ... -evergreen

So, when all your evidence is from questionable news sources that all come from your echo chamber, and all the other evidence contradicts you (including the actual policy of the school you are accusing of racism), you understand why things need to be verified.
Pants-of-dog wrote:An article from a website with a very large bias to the right that has failed multiple fact checks.

That does not even support your claim despite the misleading headline. The actual text of the article contradicts your claim.

What does the actual school website say?

Everyone is welcome on campus
    No students, faculty, or staff have ever been asked to leave campus based on race or background.
    Since the 1970s, some members of the Evergreen community have annually participated in two optional activities, Day of Absence and Day of Presence. Designed to address current issues surrounding race at Evergreen and beyond, these activities are inspired by the 1965 play “Day of Absence” by African-American playwright Douglas Turner Ward.
    Participation in Day of Absence and Day of Presence always has been, and always will be, entirely optional.

https://www.evergreen.edu/news/ensuring ... -evergreen

So, when all your evidence is from questionable news sources that all come from your echo chamber, and all the other evidence contradicts you (including the actual policy of the school you are accusing of racism), you understand why things need to be verified.
POD

You remind me of another poster that thinks Cuba is a paradise.
I get it. Your perception is your reality.
Here is video footage:
@Julian658

Does the video show university staff forcing white people off campus? Or anyone white being forced off campus?

No, so you still have failed to support your claim with anything other than biased and lying sources.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@Julian658

Does the video show university staff forcing white people off campus? Or anyone white being forced off campus?

No, so you still have failed to support your claim with anything other than biased and lying sources.

POD, the racist ones were the students. The university did nothing because of fear of retaliation.
Here is another case of racism against white and Asians in Berkeley. By the way this one comes form a liberal website.

POID

This is silly.
I actually agree with you in that racism towards whites is rare and when it happens feelings are seldom hurt. For racism to work there must be an implicit perceived superiority of one group over another.

In any event, the point is simple. Fighting racism with racism is not a sound idea.
@Julian658

I am not going to address your moralising.

Now that we have seen that you were wrong with your claim that Evergreen excluded white people, should we move on the next claim you made about Evergreen?

I am not going to address your moralising.

Now that we have seen that you were wrong with your claim that Evergreen excluded white people, should we move on the next claim you made about Evergreen?

POD

What do you think of the Evergreen protesters?
Julian658 wrote:POD

What do you think of the Evergreen protesters?

No, you are done asking questions.

Let us look at your second wrong claim: that Weinstein was fired.

This is wrong. I am not going to bother asking you for evidence, because all reputable sources say that he resigned with a $500,000 dollar goodbye package.

This is not the same as being fired.

Should we go on to the third incorrect claim?

Or should we talk about how the professor lied about Evergreen and caused racists to threaten students?
Pants-of-dog wrote:An article from a website with a very large bias to the right that has failed multiple fact checks.

This is a well-known story and yes organizers employed by university wanted to have a "day of absence" where whites were to stay off campus and attend anti-racism/anti-bias workshops. The white-looking Jewish prof Brett Weinstein objected and so lots of students flipped out, calling him and other white faculty racist etc. This is from the left-leaning New York Times:

The conflict stems from the college’s Day of Absence, a tradition in which black people leave the campus to show what the place would be like without them. This year, organizers suggested the reverse: that white people who wanted to participate would leave while nonwhites stayed, and both groups would attend workshops to, as the email announcement put it, “explore issues of race, equity, allyship, inclusion and privilege.”

In an email to his colleagues, Professor Weinstein, who is white, said that when black people decided to leave, it made sense as “a forceful call to consciousness.” But to ask white people to leave, he wrote, “is a show of force, and an act of oppression in and of itself.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/us/e ... tests.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergreen ... 7_protests

Weinstein's email everyone freaked over:

https://app.leg.wa.gov/committeeschedul ... ent/170557

The insane students (typical of the Pacific North-west) going bonkers:

Unthinking Majority wrote:This is a well-known story and yes organizers employed by university wanted to have a "day of absence" where whites were to stay off campus and attend anti-racism/anti-bias workshops. The white-looking Jewish prof Brett Weinstein objected and so lots of students flipped out, calling him and other white faculty racist etc. This is from the left-leaning New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/16/us/e ... tests.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergreen ... 7_protests

Yes, and your own source states that whites were not forced off campus or excluded, as @Julian658 claimed.

Yes, some some white professor though it was fine to ask students of colour to leave but thought asking white kids to do the same thing was oppressive. This is a clear example of a double standard and does not make any sense or supoort any argument.

Weinstein's email everyone freaked over:

https://app.leg.wa.gov/committeeschedul ... ent/170557

The email is not that important, as far as I can tell. He did a lot of other things beyond writing an email.

Like suing the university for millions, spreading false allegations, and probably inspiring the death threats that closed the campus for a couple days.

[[/quote]
The insane students (typical of the Pacific North-west) going bonkers:

[/quote]

“insane” “going bonkers”

What exactly are you trying to argue with this video?
Pants-of-dog wrote:Yes, and your own source states that whites were not forced off campus or excluded, as @Julian658 claimed.

Yes, some some white professor though it was fine to ask students of colour to leave but thought asking white kids to do the same thing was oppressive. This is a clear example of a double standard and does not make any sense or supoort any argument.

Can you post quotes for any of these claims?

The email is not that important, as far as I can tell. He did a lot of other things beyond writing an email.

Like suing the university for millions, spreading false allegations, and probably inspiring the death threats that closed the campus for a couple days.

He sued the school because they refused to protect him from the angry mob and told police to stand down, and they settled for 500k.

Do you have any links/quotes for the other claims?

What exactly are you trying to argue with this video?

That they're filled with bullies who yell at and intimidate white faculty, and are mentally deranged spoiled little brats.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, you are done asking questions.

Let us look at your second wrong claim: that Weinstein was fired.

This is wrong. I am not going to bother asking you for evidence, because all reputable sources say that he resigned with a $500,000 dollar goodbye package.

This is not the same as being fired.

Should we go on to the third incorrect claim?

Or should we talk about how the professor lied about Evergreen and caused racists to threaten students?

POD

It would be nice if you stopped being a contrarian and actually have a conversation where you do not deny reality. The Evergreen story is well known and I feel you are asking me to prove that the sun is shining. Why can't you accept that anyone can be racist?

Does the mob in this college looks like nice reasonable people? BTW, you lose no honor by admitting that some non-whites are racists. It is not really a big deal POD. I do not see this as an argument I want to win. There is nothing to win here POD.
Last edited by Julian658 on 28 Jan 2021 01:30, edited 1 time in total.
By Drlee
Hey Julian. Stop asking questions and answer mine.

You won't and can't. They are too hard for you.

The Evergreen thing is simple bullshit. Typical of racists to bring it up though. They are always casting around for some justification via moral equivalency for their racist beliefs and actions. That you Julian?

Of course it is. And we know you are doing it just as we know you are a racist.
Drlee wrote:Hey Julian. Stop asking questions and answer mine.

The Evergreen thing is simple bullshit. Typical of racists to bring it up though. They are always casting around for some justification via moral equivalency for their racist beliefs and actions. That you Julian?

Please go ahead and ask.
I always welcome a gotcha question. :lol: :lol:
Drlee wrote:Hey Julian. Stop asking questions and answer mine.

Unthinking Majority wrote:Can you post quotes for any of these claims?

Your own source.

And I have already posted a link and quoted text from the actual university website showing that whites were never excluded nor did anyone force or demand they leave.

And even the txt you quoted from the article supports both the claims I made.

He sued the school because they refused to protect him from the angry mob and told police to stand down, and they settled for 500k.

Do you have any links/quotes for the other claims?

Yes, he sued the university for millions. The university settled and never admitted any guilt.

And we already saw that his claim that whites were forced off campus to be wrong, so when he claimed that, he was spreading false allegations.

And the terror threats that shut down the school happened one week after the teacher appeared on right wing media making his false claims, so it is a logical assumption to say the terrorist probably saw the show.

That they're filled with bullies who yell at and intimidate white faculty, and are mentally deranged spoiled little brats.

If your sole purpose is name calling, then I will ignore this part of the post.

——————-

@Julian658

I see that you are refusing to engage in the discussion. I will assume you concede this debate entirely.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Your own source.

And I have already posted a link and quoted text from the actual university website showing that whites were never excluded nor did anyone force or demand they leave.

Please quote and highlight the specific text.

Every year there's a walk-out by black students and staff called the "Day of Absense". I've never seen any evidence that a white prof told black students/staff to walk out, as per your claim. Please provide a link for this claim.

In 2017 a black staff member (Rashida Love, Director First Peoples Multicultural Advising Services) who was the organizer said they were "reversing the pattern of previous years" for the Day of Absence, so POC were to stay on campus and white people were to stay off campus and do "anti-racism work". I don't see how white people were welcome on campus during something called a "Day of Absence".

There's a big difference in black people voluntarily walking off/staying off campus in protest vs black people telling white people they should stay off campus and go to anti-racism seminars, and then demanding resignations & going apeshit when a person objects.

Similar thing happened here. "White people go to the back of the bus": https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/li ... -explosion

And we already saw that his claim that whites were forced off campus to be wrong, so when he claimed that, he was spreading false allegations.

What was the message to white students/staff on the Day of Absence then?

Here's footage of students showing up to Weinstein's class shortly after his email and demanding he resign. He's acting professionally, a bunch of the students are just telling him to shut up and yelling "racism":

Pants-of-dog wrote:Your own source.

Yes, he sued the university for millions. The university settled and never admitted any guilt.

And the terror threats that shut down the school happened one week after the teacher appeared on right wing media making his false claims, so it is a logical assumption to say the terrorist probably saw the show.

If your sole purpose is name calling, then I will ignore this part of the post.

——————-

@Julian658

I see that you are refusing to engage in the discussion. I will assume you concede this debate entirely.

Seriously POD
This is comical.
God bless you!
Unthinking Majority wrote:Please quote and highlight the specific text.

No, that information has been presented more than once and I do not want t9 be accused of spamming the thread by repeating this information.

Every year there's a walk-out by black students and staff called the "Day of Absense". I've never seen any evidence that a white prof told black students/staff to walk out, as per your claim. Please provide a link for this claim.

I never made this claim.

In 2017 a black staff member (Rashida Love, Director First Peoples Multicultural Advising Services) who was the organizer said they were "reversing the pattern of previous years" for the Day of Absence, so POC were to stay on campus and white people were to stay off campus and do "anti-racism work". I don't see how white people were welcome on campus during something called a "Day of Absence".

People of all races are welcome on campus on all days. White students, faculty and staff who chose to be off campus for the new Day of Absence were still welcome on campus, and white people were never [b]told to stay off campus.[/b]

There's a big difference in black people voluntarily walking off/staying off campus in protest vs black people telling white people they should stay off campus and go to anti-racism seminars, and then demanding resignations & going apeshit when a person objects.

Since in both cases, people were invited to not be on campus, and in both cases people were allowed to refuse said invitation, there is no difference between the two actions.

What was the message to white students/staff on the Day of Absence then?

That BIPOC people matter and if they were out of he lives of white people, the lives of white people would be poorer for it.

Here's footage of students showing up to Weinstein's class shortly after his email and demanding he resign. He's acting professionally, a bunch of the students are just telling him to shut up and yelling "racism":

So? What is the point of this? That he should be allowed to express whatever racist misinformation he wants and should not have to deal with any consequences including having people saying rude things?

If rudeness was banned, your criticsms of these students would also be forbidden.

According to @Julian658, this teacher was the victim. How was he the victim? He was not fired. He did not receive any punishment for spreading false stories. He was not even censured for (almost certainly) causing a terror threat.

He also distributed photos of what he said were black students roaming the campus with baseball bats looking for white people. The students in the photo now have to deal with racism and threats because of this, even though the photo was taken a long time before that day. One student can no longer attend.

So, how is this guy the victim?
Pants-of-dog wrote:No, that information has been presented more than once and I do not want t9 be accused of spamming the thread by repeating this information.

I never made this claim.

People of all races are welcome on campus on all days. White students, faculty and staff who chose to be off campus for the new Day of Absence were still welcome on campus, and white people were never [b]told to stay off campus.[/b]

Since in both cases, people were invited to not be on campus, and in both cases people were allowed to refuse said invitation, there is no difference between the two actions.

That BIPOC people matter and if they were out of he lives of white people, the lives of white people would be poorer for it.

So? What is the point of this? That he should be allowed to express whatever racist misinformation he wants and should not have to deal with any consequences including having people saying rude things?

If rudeness was banned, your criticsms of these students would also be forbidden.

According to @Julian658, this teacher was the victim. How was he the victim? He was not fired. He did not receive any punishment for spreading false stories. He was not even censured for (almost certainly) causing a terror threat.

He also distributed photos of what he said were black students roaming the campus with baseball bats looking for white people. The students in the photo now have to deal with racism and threats because of this, even though the photo was taken a long time before that day. One student can no longer attend.

So, how is this guy the victim?

Let me ask you a question POD:

Do you believe BIPOC people can be racist to non-BIPOC people? BTW, does BI means bipedal or bisexual? I get confused with so many new categories of people.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhTHsvuKa4s

I already said its origins are in Iran. So unsur[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O