Putin Speech at Davos 2021 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

What Putin said:

At Davos 2021, Vladimir Putin spoke, and stenographers wrote:
...We are seeing a crisis of the previous models and instruments of economic development. Social stratification is growing stronger both globally and in individual countries. We have spoken about this before as well. But this, in turn, is causing today a sharp polarisation of public views, provoking the growth of populism, right- and left-wing radicalism and other extremes, and the exacerbation of domestic political processes including in the leading countries.

All this is inevitably affecting the nature of international relations and is not making them more stable or predictable. International institutions are becoming weaker, regional conflicts are emerging one after another, and the system of global security is deteriorating.

It may sound ironic, but stratification in the developed countries is even deeper. According to the World Bank, 3.6 million people subsisted on incomes of under $5.50 per day in the United States in 2000, but in 2016 this number grew to 5.6 million people.

Modern technological giants, especially digital companies, have started playing an increasing role in the life of society. Much is being said about this now, especially regarding the events that took place during the election campaign in the US. They are not just some economic giants. In some areas, they are de facto competing with states.

First, everyone must have comfortable living conditions, including housing and affordable transport, energy and public utility infrastructure. Plus environmental welfare, something that must not be overlooked.

Second, everyone must be sure that they will have a job that can ensure sustainable growth of income and, hence, decent standards of living. Everyone must have access to an effective system of lifelong education, which is absolutely indispensable now and which will allow people to develop, make a career and receive a decent pension and social benefits upon retirement.

Third, people must be confident that they will receive high-quality and effective medical care whenever necessary, and that the national healthcare system will guarantee access to modern medical services.

Fourth, regardless of the family income, children must be able to receive a decent education and realise their potential. Every child has potential.

And what has happened in the lives of other people? In the past 30 years, in a number of developed countries, the real incomes of over half of the citizens have been stagnating, not growing. Meanwhile, the cost of education and healthcare services has gone up. Do you know by how much? Three times.

But then again, in terms of corporate profits, who got hold of the revenue? The answer is clear: one percent of the population....

As of this posting, the entire transcript is available at the link to this quote.

Putin goes on to describe how the 1% took all the economic gains of the last few decades, in the West. That while China and Russia have taken millions of their own citizens OUT OF poverty lately, the West has pushed millions of its own citizens into poverty, and millions of foreigners into poverty as well through war and sanctions.

It's a great read to see Putin's actual words.

Contrast his words with the Western-MSM spin on what he said:

TIME (Warnermedia) says: "Trump, storming the capital, Navalny"

Business Insider (Microsoft) says: "civil unrest in Russia, walls closing in on Putin"

The Washington Post (Amazon) says: "Navalny, Navalny, Navalny"

So virtually all of our fine legacy media has gone with Ad hom attacks on the speaker since none of them is able to address the content of his speech. This is something that young, inexperienced and less educated posters do here at pofo. Legacy media has decended to being a troll who has no ideas to contribute.

Interesting that our media can't address the West's biggest problems. Why is this? And is it a big problem?
Why pay attention to his speech when his action speaks much, much louder? The MSM are right this time.
QatzelOk wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLInUgoDgaQ&feature=emb_logo

What Putin said:

As of this posting, the entire transcript is available at the link to this quote.

Putin goes on to describe how the 1% took all the economic gains of the last few decades, in the West. That while China and Russia have taken millions of their own citizens OUT OF poverty lately, the West has pushed millions of its own citizens into poverty, and millions of foreigners into poverty as well through war and sanctions.

It's a great read to see Putin's actual words.

Contrast his words with the Western-MSM spin on what he said:

TIME (Warnermedia) says: "Trump, storming the capital, Navalny"

Business Insider (Microsoft) says: "civil unrest in Russia, walls closing in on Putin"

The Washington Post (Amazon) says: "Navalny, Navalny, Navalny"

So virtually all of our fine legacy media has gone with Ad hom attacks on the speaker since none of them is able to address the content of his speech. This is something that young, inexperienced and less educated posters do here at pofo. Legacy media has decended to being a troll who has no ideas to contribute.

Interesting that our media can't address the West's biggest problems. Why is this? And is it a big problem?

You really will trust a person who basically has government sponsored kill squads poisoning his opponents with chemicals weapons while at the same time he and his buddies are stealing billions every month and building useless disney princess castles? :eh:
About the content of Vladimir Putin's speech, JohnRawls wrote:...kill squads poisoning his opponents with chemicals weapons ...

So you are *going with* Navalny, Navalny, Navalny. Like Amazon did.

A bit like putting your fingers in your ear and singing, "La-la-la-la!"

Are any of his criticisms of "the WestTM" inaccurate in your humble opinion?

(Please limit your use of the debunked la-la-la-la strategy in your reply)
QatzelOk wrote:So you are *going with* Navalny, Navalny, Navalny. Like Amazon did.

A bit like putting your fingers in your ear and singing, "La-la-la-la!"

Are any of his criticisms of "the WestTM" inaccurate in your humble opinion?

(Please limit your use of the debunked la-la-la-la strategy in your reply)

Right. What about the 100+ billion ruble house? Is that a lie also or? Where did the president get around 1.5 billion dollars to build it?
JohnRawls wrote:Right. What about the 100+ billion ruble house?

I'm not sure why you seem to feel that DAVOS should include real estate discussions, or that this thread should include descriptions of the houses that all the participants live in.

Are you making a comment about Putin's class adhesion?

Are you saying he's *too much of an oligarch to really care about the common man?*

(Or was your post just more of the la-la-la-la strategy that you were politely asked not to deploy?)
QatzelOk wrote:Are you saying he's *too much of an oligarch to really care about the common man?*

Yes.
Putin might have some true points, but nothing that hasn't been said a thousand times.

He shouldn't be lecturing anyone about the 1%, Russia has it's own corrupt oligarchs, including Putin himself, who steals money from his people to build himself a giant mansion estate and who knows what other money and luxuries.

The guy is still an a-hole and can go eff off. In 2020 he had the Russian constitution amended again so he can basically serve until he dies. I guess he didn't give Trump enough tips on how to do that successfully like he has.

The only people who defend Putin are frothing anti-westerners and/or tyrant nutjobs like him.
Unthinking Majority wrote:The only people who defend Putin are frothing anti-westerners and/or tyrant nutjobs like him.

There's also a strong correlation between the dumbasses that support Putin, and the dumbasses that support the CCP. I wonder which side these morons pick once China doesn't need Russia and turns on them.
Unthinking Majority wrote:The only people who defend Putin are frothing anti-westerners and/or tyrant nutjobs like him.

Well, I was defending his words here, and not him.

But thanks for the heads-up about what icky types of people admire or defend Vladimir Putin. Sounds like you have a lot of weight at the cool-girl table in the high school cafeteria. I know I wouldn't want to choke on my chocolate milk by "liking" one of the geeks you say to shy away from. :lol:

But do you disagree with any of his words (even though you are way cooler than he is)?
Rancid wrote:There's also a strong correlation between the dumbasses that support Putin, and the dumbasses that support the CCP. I wonder which side these morons pick once China doesn't need Russia and turns on them.

Don't underestimate Putin. It can fully be the other way round.

Russia has been jailing technicians for allegedly leaking technologies to China. If they are with CCP why aren't these people accused of helping the West?
QatzelOk wrote:Well, I was defending his words here, and not him.

As I said, they are hollow and possibly lies. Why defend meaningless words or even lies?
Patrickov wrote:As I said, they are hollow and possibly lies. Why defend meaningless words or even lies?

Well, he says that while incomes have stagnated for most Western serfs, the cost of higher education is three times higher than it was a few decades ago (when I started my BA.)

This would suggest that USA citizens are getting less and less higher education, and that it is being doled out more and more to the rich only. Is this true? Or it is a lie? Or is it hollow?

And if it is true (despite all the odds against this, according to you), what does it mean in terms of having a smart base of citizens from which to build a culture? A new system that is fairer?
QatzelOk wrote:Well, he says that while incomes have stagnated for most Western serfs, the cost of higher education is three times higher than it was a few decades ago (when I started my BA.)

This would suggest that USA citizens are getting less and less higher education, and that it is being doled out more and more to the rich only. Is this true? Or it is a lie? Or is it hollow?

I am afraid it's a lie.

The problem is too many people are "qualified" to have higher education.

Bring back more fierce examination system and filter people out of the race, and in turn provide more decent job opportunities for those who don't make it.

Education is basic rights, but it's a waste of resources when those incapable of higher education receive it and learn nothing.

But the real deal is that, why should we pay attention to Putin's words if he doesn't actually care about it himself? Quoting the person in this case undermines the words' credibility.
Patrickov wrote:I am afraid it's a lie.

The problem is too many people are "qualified" to have higher education.
Education is basic rights, but it's a waste of resources when those incapable of higher education receive it and learn nothing.
But the real deal is that, why should we pay attention to Putin's words if he doesn't actually care about it himself? Quoting the person in this case undermines the words' credibility.

So you are not in favor of maximum education of the people of your country, and you are expressing an opinion regarding a foreign leader - without any higher education or background in general political theory. I see.

The problem with a trade-school-only population is that they will be too ignorant to understand politics, sociology, or anything else that is too absract. Ignorant populations might do well for themselves personally, but their society will never be sustainable, and will collapse when one of the "ignorances" turns into a collapse.

Example: There is very little public conversation in the USA about how Rentierism has strangled the economy and lead to grotesque inequality. This is the most important feature of USA society right now.

And while Putin and other world leaders have the eduation level to understand and describe this, the average USA victim of this scam... hasn't a clue because he has the minimum required education to do a single job.

Without a broad, general education, any society is just the hired thugs of smarter people then itself.
QatzelOk wrote:But thanks for the heads-up about what icky types of people admire or defend Vladimir Putin. Sounds like you have a lot of weight at the cool-girl table in the high school cafeteria. I know I wouldn't want to choke on my chocolate milk by "liking" one of the geeks you say to shy away from. :lol:

But do you disagree with any of his words (even though you are way cooler than he is)?

Hit a nerve?
The west is mad with Putin because he is effective and good for Russia.

Ditto for Xi.

They want a weak, corrupt guy that will destroy their perceived nemesis from the inside. No can do kiddo.

Which one is more likely;

Europeans are just in it for the ride, I should use Us instead of the west from now on.

1) Putin is a genuine threat to the US global system

2) Americans loves Russians so much they wants Putin gone so Russians can be rich, free and live happily ever after

Yeah, nein. not quite. It's 1 Sherlock.
But this, in turn, is causing today a sharp polarisation of public views, provoking the growth of populism, right- and left-wing radicalism and other extremes, and the exacerbation of domestic political processes including in the leading countries.

Putin talks as if he fights and not supports populism, radicalism, extremism and "the exacerbation of domestic political processes" in the West. He's actually been catalysing all that and could be found behind every single Western populist movement, so he really must know what he's talking about. It would actually support his argument if he honestly admitted to having undermined Western societies by exploiting their corruption, weaknesses and vulnerabilities. His speech is like a confession anyway.
QatzelOk wrote:Putin goes on to describe how the 1% took all the economic gains of the last few decades, in the West.

Putin knows what he's talking about :lol::

Oh, and before you say Putin improved on the situation, here's the change from 2000:

Igor Antunov wrote:The west is mad with Putin because he is effective and good for Russia.

Ditto for Xi.

You are mad for thinking both are good for their countries.

You keep making me laugh. You don't know how to[…]

I'm going to pitch a tent on your lawn and harass[…]

@Deutschmania , @wat0n The definition of auth[…]

@QatzelOk calling another person a liar is not a[…]