Biden changes Trump law for transgender toilets & sport - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:At the same time, trans people on the other side of this debate can rightfully accuse me of transphobia if I unilaterally support trans exclusionary feminists.

And there are trans people who are radical feminists who agree with me too. Not all transwomen and transmen are liberal feminists.

Stop calling us trans exclusionary feminists, we're just feminists who have only ever centered women (and children) in our politics. It's about as absurd as calling us male exclusionary feminists.

And no matter who I support, I would rightfully be accused of using my privilege to butt into a conversation that should also be only for (cis and trans) women.

Yet you've been the only one debating me while defending trans rights only and entirely ignoring women's rights. Still. After I posted all of the above (which there is plenty more of). You know you can defend trans rights (that are not being violated as far as I'm aware) while also opposing the violation of women's rights and spaces. You do know that, don't you?

Again, stop calling women cis. Those in my camp reject that label. It's hilarious that your camp goes on about demanding whatever pronouns and then labels people whatever you like without asking if it applies. Stop doing that.

He debate itself seems like a women’s only space. The debate about spaces is not one I think I should participate in.

Agreed, yet you have done ITT and before with me on this topic and defending the TRA position, ignoring entirely women's grievances about it.

If you want to discuss sexual assault, then I am willing to discuss that again. That is definitely within my mandate.

That is just one aspect of transwomen violating women and their rights. I've posted plenty more that you continue to ignore.

If you wish to believe I claimed that, feel free. I am not interested in clarifying strawmen.

You are continuing your theme of ignoring women's grievances at trans ideology, grievances that came about after stuff like what I mentioned in the last post that you pretty much dismissed once more.
Drlee wrote:Gender dysphoria is a serious condition.

Agreed. But I don't think treating it via the affirmation model is the smartest, nor is lying to children about the ability to change sex. There are loud minority of detransitioners who have complained about being lied to by GIDs. The recent case that Keira Bell won in the High Court here should wake more people up about this too.

The suicide rate among people so afflicted is very high.

Do you have any evidence for this?

Rape is a crime of violence and not sexuality.

:eh:

Traditional gender roles serve a very important purpose.

Traditional gender roles are in large part a cause of gender dysphoria.
skinster wrote:And there are trans people who are radical feminists who agree with me too. Not all transwomen and transmen are liberal feminists.

Stop calling us trans exclusionary feminists, we're just feminists who have only ever centered women (and children) in our politics. It's about as absurd as calling us male exclusionary feminists.

If you have another way of describing women who want to prevent trans women from having the same access and rights that cis women do, feel free to tell me.

..... You know you can defend trans rights (that are not being violated as far as I'm aware) while also opposing the violation of women's rights and spaces. You do know that, don't you?

Can you provide an example of you doing so?

Again, stop calling women cis. Those in my camp reject that label. It's hilarious that your camp goes on about demanding whatever pronouns and then labels people whatever you like without asking if it applies. Stop doing that.

Cisgender is the term for people who have a gender identity that conforms with the sex that they are born into. What is there to reject about this word?

Agreed, yet you have done ITT and before with me on this topic and defending the TRA position, ignoring entirely women's grievances about it.

If that is what you wish to believe, feel free. I am not interested in clarifying past posts if the only issue is how others perceive me.

That is just one aspect of transwomen violating women and their rights. I've posted plenty more that you continue to ignore.

I do not believe I have an obligation to address everything posted on this forum that people may believe I disagree with.

You are continuing your theme of ignoring women's grievances at trans ideology, grievances that came about after stuff like what I mentioned in the last post that you pretty much dismissed once more.

What exactly am I ignoring?

Your demand to exclude trans women from spaces that you consider to be exclusively for cis women?
Agreed. But I don't think treating it via the affirmation model is the smartest, nor is lying to children about the ability to change sex. There are loud minority of detransitioners who have complained about being lied to by GIDs. The recent case that Keira Bell won in the High Court here should wake more people up about this too.

I do not favor transitioning anyone under 18 at all.

I said: The suicide rate among people so afflicted is very high.

Doubting my omniscience Skinster asked for proof.

NIH Said: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30009750/

Why do I have to man-splain everything to you Skinster?
Pants-of-dog wrote:If you have another way of describing women who want to prevent trans women from having the same access and rights that cis women do, feel free to tell me.

Stop calling women cis when they do not identify with that label.

Which women are violating trans rights?

To answer your question, you can call us women since that's what we are. Politically, 'radical feminists' works too. Or gender critical feminists.

Can you provide an example of you doing so?

I don't recall attacking trans rights ITT by demanding women's rights are not trampled on (which includes their spaces that were long fought for).

You seem to be all about rights for some groups while ignoring the same for women.

Cisgender is the term for people who have a gender identity that conforms with the sex that they are born into. What is there to reject about this word?

It is offensive to gender-critical feminists since we don't believe in gender (and wish for it and the stereotypes that come with it to be abolished).

If that is what you wish to believe, feel free. I am not interested in clarifying past posts if the only issue is how others perceive me.

Just saying you only defend the TRA position, ignoring entirely women's grievances regarding these issues. Who cares how you're perceived? I'm going by what you post and if you thinks it's incorrect you are of course welcome to.

I do not believe I have an obligation to address everything posted on this forum that people may believe I disagree with.

As I said, you ignore women's grievances. Thanks for the reminder again.

What exactly am I ignoring?

Women's grievances with opening up their spaces and sports to men. Oh, did I say men? Shit. Well, since you call women what you like (cis) I'll do the same.

Your demand to exclude trans women from spaces that you consider to be exclusively for cis women?

It's not a demand to exclude men from female spaces. It's a violation of women's rights that were fought for and are currently being trampled on by the misogynistic and homophobic trans ideology that you (only) defend. I showed you above that it went beyond equal rights for trans people and an attack on women in various spaces like beuatician cliinics, rape shelters etc. You know, all that stuff you ignored because you only care about men's rights, specifically those that trample all over women.
Last edited by skinster on 23 Feb 2021 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
Drlee wrote:I do not favor transitioning anyone under 18 at all.

And that's what the courts ruled. That kind of thing happened, in the case of Keira Bell, after 3 appointments at the gender clinic. She claimed she should've been offered therapy instead, rather than the affirmation model, since she learned the hard way that you can't change your sex despite what the adults in the room say to gender dysphoric children.

A lot of de-transitioning children talk about stuff like that.

Doubting my omniscience Skinster asked for proof.

I was asking because people say anything and accepting anything is helpful with evidence. There is also the case of trans kids in gender clinics being told to threaten suicidal ideation to speed up their attempts at transition. And stuff like this. and this.
Interesting. I had not seen that before.

You may have concluded by now that I am no fan of easy gender reassignment. I think it is way overused. I disagreed with the decision to change GID from a disorder to a dysphoria. That is a cop out. A condition with such pronounced disability to its victims should be treated seriously which is to say, treated.

I a long ago thread I posted the story of a child whose parents began transitioning him to female at the age of five. His parents as well as the so-called doctor who approved the process should have been jailed. At the end of the day (and I am not going to look for the study now as I posted it long ago) something like 80% of explored gender identity dysphoria resolve to the birth sex by age 18 with and without treatment.

As I said. This should only be done, when it is done, after the age of 18 and with two practitioners signing off on the procedure and including a waiting period before any surgical interventions are allowed.
skinster wrote:Stop calling women cis when they do not identify with that label.

Which women are violating trans rights?

To answer your question, you can call us women since that's what we are. Politically, 'radical feminists' works too. Or gender critical feminists.

I don't recall attacking trans rights ITT by demanding women's rights are not trampled on (which includes their spaces that were long fought for).

You seem to be all about rights for some groups while ignoring the same for women.

It is offensive to gender-critical feminists since we don't believe in gender (and wish for it and the stereotypes that come with it to be abolished).

Just saying you only defend the TRA position, ignoring entirely women's grievances regarding these issues. Who cares how you're perceived? I'm going by what you post and if you thinks it's incorrect you are of course welcome to.

As I said, you ignore women's grievances. Thanks for the reminder again.

Women's grievances with opening up their spaces and sports to men. Oh, did I say men? Shit. Well, since you call women what you like (cis) I'll do the same.

It's not a demand to exclude men from female spaces. It's a violation of women's rights that were fought for and are currently being trampled on by the misogynistic and homophobic trans ideology that you (only) defend. I showed you above that it went beyond equal rights for trans people and an attack on women in various spaces like beuatician cliinics, rape shelters etc. You know, all that stuff you ignored because you only care about men's rights, specifically those that trample all over women.

Tyis seems like an angry diatribe about me as a person.

Please write your argument, if any, in one or two short and clear sentences. Please do not mention me or my opinions, as they are not the topic.

At that point, I will be happy to address your argument(s).

Thank you.
Why this obsession about trans gender rights? What about the sickening bigotry suffered by Trans-racial individuals? Take the case of Elizabeth Warren, so intense was the hate directed at her from the race essentialists of both left and right that she had to renounce her "indigenous" identity.
XogGyux wrote:The only sick deviant is you.

I wonder, are you more comfortable the transgender male teacher (biologically female), phenotypically (looks like) male, has a beard, chest hair from all the hormones, masculine voice (again from the hormones), behaves like a man, is attracted to women, waltzing over that same girl's bathroom? Do you find this to be more acceptable? :lol:

I don't know what you think it is going inside bathrooms. But in my 32 years of going to public bathrooms, I have never seen the genital of a single adult, from time to time a child starts to pee with their pants down their knees and decides halfway to start running around the bathroom peeing everywhere showing is bare buttocks and tiny Weiner to everyone around until the father finally catches him before urine mayham but even those events are rare and few in between.

Then there is the issue of how do you enforce something retarded like this. Are you going to have police people hiding in bathrooms ready to open the door right as the person is about to do their business and check wether they have a penis or vagina? :lol: ROFL!
Perhaps you need to show your ID before going into the bathroom? Let's hope you don't have explosive diarrhea while the bathroom security is checking your credentials :lol:
These are all retarded ideas. Yet another way to rile up a base of emotionally immature deplorable people to go out and vote out of anger and fear.

This is really one of the best posts on this topic I have seen.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Tyis seems like an angry diatribe about me as a person.

Please write your argument, if any, in one or two short and clear sentences. Please do not mention me or my opinions, as they are not the topic.

At that point, I will be happy to address your argument(s).

Thank you.

...which trans rights are being hurt in the process where women are defending their own rights? How is asking to keep those spaces women fought for an attack to what you're selling? Do you believe women should give up their spaces for the feelings of others?

EDIT: shout-out to the men, the leftist "comrades" who are ignoring women entirely here, not defending us and our rights despite the onslaught of liberal media, politic and medicine etc. that is selling all of this ideology.
Last edited by skinster on 02 Mar 2021 04:07, edited 1 time in total.
skinster wrote:which trans rights are being hurt in the process where women are defending their own rights? How is asking to keep those spaces women fought for an attack to what you're selling? Do you believe women should give up their spaces for the feelings of others?

I find it difficult to parse an argument out of these questions.

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong???[…]

Sure, but they are too stupid to understand, Trum[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

This is the issue. It is not changing. https://y[…]

@annatar1914 do not despair. Again, el amor pu[…]