Where's Ted? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Pants-of-dog
Rancid wrote:My understanding is that the Texas grid can trade power with the other grids. In that sense, it is already connected to the other grids. The separateness of the grid is more of an administration thing than anything technical. It's basically not subject to federal regulations and what not because it is contained within the state.

It seems that Texas has ties to other grids but chooses not to use them to avoid federal regulations.

Now I think I need to look up if they used or are using these ties.

Also, I think I need to set myself up for an extreme heatwave overwhelming the Alberta power grid.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:With all the shit Cruz has done will he get re-elected when the time comes?

Dunno, we have a of morons in this state.
By Rancid
Pants-of-dog wrote:It seems that Texas has ties to other grids but chooses not to use them to avoid federal regulations.

Aaah, perhaps that is the case.
By Pants-of-dog
These ties to these other grids also seem to have certain limits. There are only six. They do not allow for wholesale electrical transfers or synchronous transfer of electricity. I am not entirely clear on what that means.
By Beren
The crown prince bearing the king's own precious name, so not some pinworm from the king's bullshit TV, declared on Twitter, so it must be official, that calling Ted "Cancun Cruz" is not only legitimate but funny and Trumpish (kingish), too. After such a high-profile support and rescue operation, I'm sure Senator Cruz has nothing to worry about in the future.

By XogGyux
blackjack21 wrote:Beto thinks he was born to be president of the United States. He's definitely not a billion times better than anyone.

The thing is, in this country, you don't have to be "a billion times better than anyone". For the most part you are competing about other shitty people, and at the end of the road, you just have to be less shitty. In fact, they don't even have to be less shitty, they just have to appear less shitty to a portion of the country, there is no way in hell that trump is less shitty than clinton, yet he got elected.
By blackjack21
XogGyux wrote:The thing is, in this country, you don't have to be "a billion times better than anyone". For the most part you are competing about other shitty people, and at the end of the road, you just have to be less shitty. In fact, they don't even have to be less shitty, they just have to appear less shitty to a portion of the country, there is no way in hell that trump is less shitty than clinton, yet he got elected.

Trump was definitely less shitty than Clinton. Let's not mistake that as saying that Trump was virtuous. Quite the contrary. People voted for Trump in spite of his personal failings, not because of them. However, people were well aware of Hillary Clinton's long history in politics from the Whitewater matter and the Rose Law Firm billing records, to trashing women sexually harassed or assaulted by her husband, to her participation in the overthrow of numerous governments in the Middle East and North Africa and the refugee crisis created in the wake of those actions. It's one thing to say "Trump is an asshole," but it's another thing to say that 10s of thousands of people died as a result of his actions and millions were displaced from their homes before he became president. That actually happened as a result of a foreign policy Hillary Clinton had a big hand in. Hillary Clinton is not a nice person. I'm not saying you should like Donald Trump, but you should not delude yourself about the alternatives simply because you dislike Trump.

Similarly, you don't need to come to like Ted Cruz to understand that the reason they are attacking him is that political support for Cuomo and Newsom is collapsing and that Cruz has been a vocal critic of them. That fact is that trouble for Cuomo and Newsom is probably coming from inside the White House too--not from Biden, but from Kamala Harris. She needs to knock down her strongest competitors to succeed Joe Biden. As a US Senator, Cruz can't do a thing about the Texas power grid. He has no authority.
By XogGyux
blackjack21 wrote:Trump was definitely less shitty than Clinton.

Please. It is over, get out of your hiding place inside his rectum. See the light of the sun.
By QatzelOk
Quoting the Son of the last Prez, Beren wrote:The crown prince tweet: 'The silence of the left about their own terrible governors is telling"

This "you are silent about other nations except Israel" is a worn-out old propaganda tactic now.

I imagine the police questionning Jeffrey Dahmer about all the dead bodies lying around his apartment, and him saying: 'Oh the hypocrisy. All those dead bodies lying on the floors of other cannibal mass-murderers, and you have to pick on poor wittle me."

By jimjam
Only a couple of weeks ago the Texas legislature talked about seceding from the United States. Now they want federal money. Who will they hit up for money if they secede? Will they ask for foreign aid?

That is what capitalists call ‘privatizing the gains and socializing the losses.’ In Texas they get to forego all the costs of prudent preparation, and when disaster hits, they get the federal government — largely funded by the blue states that pay more tax than they receive in benefits — to bail them out. Then they have the chutzpah to complain about government regulation. How long will we continue to fall for this?

I don’t think we have much of a chance to save ourselves or the planet. The Gov. Greg Abbotts of America will always find a way to spin the facts to prop up whatever is politically necessary for themselves, and the GOP base will swallow the misinformation without a second thought.

The other night when I saw AOC on the news flying to Texas to work on the front lines while at the same time raising millions of dollars for those in need, I told my wife that Fox was going to have a field day with the story. Sure enough, yesterday all they can do is criticize her. She has more integrity than everyone at that network put together. It's just disgusting the amount of hate right-wing media continues to spew.
By Rancid
jimjam wrote:all they can do is criticize her

What did they say about her? How dare she help people?
By Wellsy
Looks like there is stuff going around social media saying the biden administration blocked helping Texas department of power which requested more power. But the sssociated press stated that Texas’ request was supported on the condition they tried to exhaust other means of producing power before receiving more.
Because of the stated condition the rhetoric is that Biden admin block it due to issues with green energy and omission concerns.
By QatzelOk
jimjam wrote:I don’t think we have much of a chance to save ourselves or the planet. The Gov. Greg Abbotts of America will always find a way to spin the facts to prop up whatever is politically necessary for themselves, and the GOP base will swallow the misinformation without a second thought.

The "misinformation" you describe is the *water in which most Americans swim.*

You can't blame the governor of Texas for regurgitating this, nor for the nasty results of following the bad advice that is American capitalist media propaganda.

If any governor tells the truth, he can be smeared in media, impeached, and stripped of his right to collect 60,000 dollar speaking fees from corporations after his term in office.
By BlutoSays
Rancid wrote:Cruz = scum

What he should have been doing is pulling every string he has to get help to Texas.

Piece of shit.

Meanwhile AOC and Beto (not that I'm a fan or anything) is reminding everyone that Texas can be flipped, as Georgia was.

Texas Republicans need to stop assuming they have Texas in the bag. They need to do more.

Further the Texas legislature is at fault for this whole thing. This is 30+ years of the conservative vision on energy management, and it clearly failed miserably. These assholes are deflecting by pointing fingers at AOC, at ERCOT, at renewables, anything they can to gaslight voters. The good news is, few are falling for it. Few will forget, and many of these assholes will be voted out. I'd like to see some more moderate conservatives (or a few moderate democrats) that have an eye towards energy security and robustness voted in. Trumpists are too fucking stupid to handle a problem that only adults can solve.

So Texas legislature, are you going to put grid winterization in the budget?

"ERCOT emphasizes that the call for conservation is limited to the hours of 2-8 p.m.

Factors driving the need for this important action by customers:

Record high electric demand. The heat wave that has settled on Texas and much of the central United States is driving increased electric use. Other grid operators are operating under similar conservative operations programs as ERCOT due to the heatwave.

Low wind. While solar power is generally reaching near full generation capacity, wind generation is currently generating significantly less than what it historically generated in this time period. Current projections show wind generation coming in less than 10 percent of its capacity. "

https://www.ercot.com/news/release?id=9 ... fe2bd0128f

By late
blackjack21 wrote:
Trump was definitely less shitty than Clinton.

Another 'vote' for a dictator.

Trump could go down in history as the worst (already is, using current rankings).

Clinton is 42, which is pretty bad, but using just that number diminishes the breadth and depth of the nightmare that was the Trump presidency.
By BlutoSays
Oh, the irony. :lol:

Tesla Asks Texans To Limit Charging Cars During Heat Wave As Wind Power Slows

Tesla is asking all Texas-based customers to avoid charging their electric vehicles during certain times of the day as the Lone Star State is currently experiencing a massive heatwave that is straining its electrical power grid.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/tesla-as ... ower-slows
By late
BlutoSays wrote:
Oh, the irony.

Tesla Asks Texans To Limit Charging Cars During Heat Wave As Wind Power Slows

Tesla is asking all Texas-based customers to avoid charging their electric vehicles during certain times of the day as the Lone Star State is currently experiencing a massive heatwave that is straining its electrical power grid.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/tesla-as ... ower-slows

The irony is that Texas is almost as incompetent as you are.
By Rancid
late wrote:The irony is that Texas is almost as incompetent as you are.

Basically yes.

This guy is ridiculously stupid, and single handily makes the case for not defunding public education.
By BlutoSays
Rancid wrote:Basically yes.

This guy is ridiculously stupid, and single handily makes the case for not defunding public education.

Low wind. While solar power is generally reaching near full generation capacity, wind generation is currently generating significantly less than what it historically generated in this time period. Current projections show wind generation coming in less than 10 percent of its capacity. "

https://youtu.be/zKwZH8MvPj8?si=pR50awzGXEk26OHX […]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]