Meghan Markle abused & bullied Buckingham Palace staff to tears - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
I can't say much about British bigotry or racism, but I was part of a Facebook stir involving lots of Brits once and I had to conclude there were many morons among them. I mean it was shocking, so many white morons with traditional British names, it was hard to believe. And then came Brexit, and now this. How could someone still be Anglophile?

Racism in Britain is very subtle or nuanced and you won't see too many racists in public because of the race law. But someone in the royal family raised a concern about the baby's skin color. Oprah eliminated the Queen and her husband from the list of potential culprits and it could be Camilla or Kate.

Seeing as this is only mildly interesting, here are my brief thoughts.

Harry stuck his dick in crazy. She sounds like a really spoiled piece of work. Too high and mighty for royals of all people; and harry is very clearly a drop kick.

Not that it matters they're all filthy rich and loving it. Muh elitist drama is not what it used to be. Where are the beheadings, the poisonings, the stabbings in the middle of the night, the fun stuff? Where dat at?
Beren wrote:Bigotry in the UK was also raised as an issue in the interview, although Harry believes it's only the UK press that is bigoted.

To new fair to Harry, how can you conclude Bigotry in the UK considering Meghan was extremely accepted into the Royal Family by the British Public? I don't know what shit you stirred up on Facebook but one interview isn't society Beren and trolls are a large part of social media. They might not even had been British. Never trust anything anyone tells you on the internet. You can catch a lie if you concentrate long enough.

Also it shouldn't surprise anyone that bigotry was found in the Windsor household considering everytime Prince Phillip went on a diplomatic mission, he insulted the natives. My money would have been him. But Harry rules him out.
B0ycey wrote:To be honest, we aren't anything you describe. In fact I would say we are exactly like Americans in terms of acceptance in cultures. We have our bigots. We have our libertarians. We have our protests and we have our movements. But we also have our multicultural society. Besides, Meghan didn't attack the British, she attacked the Firm.

There is no firm. That's a jokey name started by the Duke of Edinburgh for the family, to distinguish their private lives from their public lives.

Meghan's admitted she's nuts. After all that fuss yesterday, that's all it is.

And, of course, making money.

Nobody helped her learn the National anthem.

Poor, poor Meghan

And poor Harry. Daddy's stopped his pocket money.

I'm sure they'll be happy in America. After all, there's no racism over there.
snapdragon wrote:There is no firm. That's a jokey name started by the Duke of Edinburgh for the family, to distinguish their private lives from their public lives.

Clearly you don't know how the Royal Family operates. The firm is perhaps the best way to explain it. It had never been a family but a PR business. All organised meetings, nothing organic. And traditions and secretaries and spokesmen and Kensington Palace puppet masters. It shouldn't surprise anyone that if someone married for love and nothing else, the baggage might be overwhelming.

Meghan's admitted she's nuts. After all that fuss yesterday, that's all it is.

And, of course, making money.

Nobody helped her learn the National anthem.

Poor, poor Meghan

And poor Harry. Daddy's stopped his pocket money.

I'm sure they'll be happy in America. After all, there's no racism over there.

Since when has saying how it was been the poor side? I have no doubt that this was to promote their brand, but had Kensington Palace protected them when concerns were raised, then perhaps they wouldn't have broken away.
So I’m trying very hard not to watch this blasted interview but there’s clips everywhere and it’s becoming difficult.

I just caught one segment on Shapiro where Harry says his father and brother are trapped in the Establishment :eek:

It’s hard to disagree with that. But I would go one step further and say that all Royals are trapped within the Establishment.
Beren wrote:It wasn't political.

Sure, but what I meant to say is I am British and we get along and social media is a hive of trolls. I am not saying that Bigotry isn't found in the UK but it isn't nowhere near as common as in the US where the Sussex's now reside. Also what would you say if I said Hungary is bigoted considering they elected Obran? Would that be true completely or selectively? Why is the UK a special case for you? Not that I am here to convince you. I am just pointing out I live here and I am explaining that Harry was right and we on the whole are not bigoted.
ness31 wrote:It’s hard to disagree with that. But I would go one step further and say that all Royals are trapped within the Establishment.

They are not trapped in the establishment though. They could leave and perhaps the only two people that could end the monarchy in its entirety being they are the next two in line. They choose to stay in the establishment due to heritage, lineage and this false sense of duty.
B0ycey wrote:They are not trapped in the establishment though. They could leave and perhaps the only two people that could end the monarchy in its entirety being they are the next two in line. They choose to stay in the establishment due to heritage, lineage and this false sense of duty.

Choice? Charles wasn’t able to choose something as basic as his life partner and William seems caught between his role as future sovereign and his brother.

Royals are groomed for the exact reason so that they won’t be able to leave :hmm:

Sadly, they, as individuals aren’t as important as the Institution itself.
ness31 wrote:Choice? Charles wasn’t able to choose something as basic as his life partner and William seems caught between his role as future sovereign and his brother.

I suspect he had a choice but obviously the marriage was arranged and perhaps rushed meaning it ultimately failed in regards to Charles. And William was able to marry a 'commoner' so I don't know how much you think they are being controlled but it isn't entirely as Kate isn't royal enough for Kensington Palace initially. And I doubt William is split between his lineage or his brother, if he wanted to leave, he would have left by now.

Sadly, they, as individuals aren’t as important as the Institution itself.

True, although I would say the individuals have made it that way.
ness31 wrote:Lolz at gorgeous Kate being a ‘commoner’? :lol:

Indeed. It gives you an insight of the mentality of Kensington Palace that a daughter of a millionaire was questioned to be unsuitable for William. But they waited and the public accepted her, William chose her and they allowed it despite their misgivings.

They have control, but not entirely and as such anyone, as Harry, and his mother before him, have proven they can leave the 'Firm' if they want to. Anyone who remains choses to stay.
Last edited by B0ycey on 09 Mar 2021 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
Beren wrote:Neither Camilla nor Kate is a Windsor, so it wouldn't be a big deal, and they're both smarter than that perhaps. It was Charles, I guess.

I doubt that. I can remember back in the 1980s, when Prince Charles publicly raised the issue of the lack of recruitment of black people into the elite regiments of the armed forces. He complained that he didn't see enough black faces among his bodyguards or in the Trooping of the Colour. After that, the recruitment of ethnic minorities was stepped up, and promotion became easier (or even possible at all) for ethnic minorities in the armed forces. I would be very surprised if this comment had come from Charles.
B0ycey wrote:Indeed. It gives you an insight of the mentality of Kensington Palace that a daughter of a millionaire was questioned to be unsuitable for William. But they waited and the public accepted her, William chose her and they allowed it despite their misgivings.

They have control, but not entirely and as such anyone, as Harry, and his mother before him, have proven they can leave the 'Firm' if they want to. Anyone who remains choses to stay.

They shared the same social and educational circles. If she’s common, so is he :)

I dunno man, look at at all the folk who’ve left, they don’t end up doing so well. The Royals, the *actual* Royals are like a domesticated breed. So domesticated that they die if left in the wild :hmm:

Sure, the advocates of fascism (or wholism as I p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]