Alexey Navalny detained on return to Moscow - Page 19 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15160598
skinster wrote:Please stop with the excuses for your inability to prove what you say, it is most boring.


Says a person that posts blatant lies about the whole situation. This is getting comical. :roll:
#15165260
Rancid wrote:Looks like Navalny is gonna die soon. :eek:


He is on an hunger strike right now because he is not getting any medical treatment. So there is a chance that he will die but very small one.

Forced feeding is not a crime against humanity in Russia although the rest of the world considers it that. (Inhumane treatment or something like that)
So i guess they will force feed him and break his medical health till he is a disabled person.

@skinster @Heisenberg So uhh, how is the West to blame for Navalnies current torture with sleep deprivation, not getting medical treatment and probably soon to be either becoming disabled due to that or forced feeding etc?
#15165262
JohnRawls wrote:So uhh, how is the West to blame for Navalnies current torture

You don't really seem to read what either of us say about anything, do you?

Navalny's treatment in prison is obviously cruel and inhumane. I don't see how it follows that I should be obliged to change my view of Navalny, or realign my entire geopolitical worldview, as a result. Any more than I would expect you to reassess your deluded love of the US as a result of Julian Assange's prolonged detention. ;)
#15165265
Heisenberg wrote:You don't really seem to read what either of us say about anything, do you?

Navalny's treatment in prison is obviously cruel and inhumane. I don't see how it follows that I should be obliged to change my view of Navalny, or realign my entire geopolitical worldview, as a result. Any more than I would expect you to reassess your deluded love of the US as a result of Julian Assange's prolonged detention. ;)


I was always against Assanges detention and it is one of the few topics that me and skinster agree on which is weird but whatever.

So basically Navalny is a "Western Spy" but it is not okay to treat him like this as i understand is your position?

Also can you clarify Why the Russian regime is torturing him? Is it because he is a "Western Spy"?
#15165267
JohnRawls wrote:So basically Navalny is a "Western Spy" but it is not okay to treat him like this as i understand is your position?

Unsurprisingly, you don't understand my position. I have never called Navalny a "western spy". In fact, I have explicitly said otherwise in this very thread.

My objection to Navalny is that he is a far-right nationalist, who could very well end up being much worse than Putin if he ever got into power. He is not the cuddly liberal that the Guardian and BBC try to portray him as. This doesn't excuse his treatment, but at the same time, he is actively seeking martyrdom, so my sympathy is somewhat limited.
#15165268
JohnRawls wrote:I was always against Assanges detention and it is one of the few topics that me and skinster agree on which is weird but whatever.

So basically Navalny is a "Western Spy" but it is not okay to treat him like this as i understand is your position?

Also can you clarify Why the Russian regime is torturing him? Is it because he is a "Western Spy"?


@skinster and you agree? :lol:

Where is she by the way? She has disappeared? I think she is busy.

Putin is a strongman. And he ain't playin' with Far-Right rivals.
#15165269
Heisenberg wrote:You don't really seem to read what either of us say about anything, do you?

Navalny's treatment in prison is obviously cruel and inhumane. I don't see how it follows that I should be obliged to change my view of Navalny, or realign my entire geopolitical worldview, as a result. Any more than I would expect you to reassess your deluded love of the US as a result of Julian Assange's prolonged detention. ;)


So you noticed JohnRawls love affair with Yanquilandia too? :D

Alexey wants to be the man in charge of something he ain't supposed to be in charge of....
#15165273
@Tainari88 @Heisenberg

He is not a far-right nationalist. The reason why people blame him for that is an old video from 20 years ago when his first attempts at politics were some semi-nationalist party that he recorded a youtube video for. He was in that party for like 3 months and then left. That was around 20 years ago :|

Funny how even POFO eats up propaganda without checking anything.
#15165275
JohnRawls wrote:@Tainari88 @Heisenberg

He is not a far-right nationalist. The reason why people blame him for that is an old video from 20 years ago when his first attempts at politics were some semi-nationalist party that he recorded a youtube video for. He was in that party for like 3 months and then left. That was around 20 years ago :|

Funny how even POFO eats up propaganda without checking anything.


I have been a consistent international socialist since 1984 (the year I could legally cast a vote), all the reading for understanding what that meant in terms of? Capitalism vs Socialism, Fascism vs Communism, Liberal vs Conservatism, Imperialism vs Colonialism I did BEFORE I voted.

If you know what you are about by doing some work first? You should not be in the position of having old videos of you spouting some far-Right bullshit and then now you are not into far-Right stuff. It means someone is experimenting with what works. I don't trust politicians who are inconsistent. Once a right-wing pendejo always a right-wing pendejo. If they switch back and forth all the time? Opportunist faker comes to mind.

That is just me.
#15165276
Tainari88 wrote:I have been a consistent international socialist since 1984 (the year I could legally cast a vote), all the reading for understanding what that meant in terms of? Capitalism vs Socialism, Fascism vs Communism, Liberal vs Conservatism, Imperialism vs Colonialism I did BEFORE I voted.

If you know what you are about by doing some work first? You should not be in the position of having old videos of you spouting some far-Right bullshit and then now you are not into far-Right stuff. It means someone is experimenting with what works. I don't trust politicians who are inconsistent. Once a right-wing pendejo always a right-wing pendejo. If they switch back and forth all the time? Opportunist faker comes to mind.

That is just me.


What if most if not all of the opposition in Russia agrees that Navalny is not far right. This includes the far left Natbols and other Russian hardcore communist varieties. Actually he is hated by both the far right in your understanding and the the other alternative far right that exists in Russia who are hardcore Monarchists.
#15165289
JohnRawls wrote:What if most if not all of the opposition in Russia agrees that Navalny is not far right. This includes the far left Natbols and other Russian hardcore communist varieties. Actually he is hated by both the far right in your understanding and the the other alternative far right that exists in Russia who are hardcore Monarchists.


The current state does feel threatened by him. So?

@Heisenberg thinks he is not a leftist for sure. Neither do I.

What is he? In your opinion?
#15165291
Tainari88 wrote:The current state does feel threatened by him. So?

@Heisenberg thinks he is not a leftist for sure. Neither do I.

What is he? In your opinion?


He is not a classical leftist also. I guess he is centre-left which kinda puts him where AOC is but not perhaps as far as Bernie Sanders is actually. Although I am unclear how far to the left Sanders is so I would say Navalny is Russian AOC policy wise. He was against increase in retirement age and wants to have education at least free. Healthcare free if possible but he is kinda not sure. He has similar views on Green energy as AOC has also. He is also pro-immigration. I guess AOC was a good example.
#15165293
Saying Alexei Navalny is Russia's AOC is an insult both to AOC and to Navalny. What a fucking ridiculous comparison. :lol:

Tainari88 wrote:@Heisenberg thinks he is not a leftist for sure. Neither do I.

The fact that JohnRawls thinks the National Bolsheviks - a fascist party - are "far left", tells you all you need to know. It's nothing more than trolling.

The fact is, Navalny has long been associated with some pretty horrible people in Russian nationalist circles, and until fairly recently was very open about this. Hence the videos calling Muslims "cockroaches", comparing migrant workers to tooth decay, and the like. More recently, he has wisely toned down his nationalist rhetoric to make himself more appealing to gullible western liberals, but he has never disavowed or spoken against his former skinhead mates as far as I can tell.
#15165298
JohnRawls wrote:He is not a classical leftist also. I guess he is centre-left which kinda puts him where AOC is but not perhaps as far as Bernie Sanders is actually. Although I am unclear how far to the left Sanders is so I would say Navalny is Russian AOC policy wise. He was against increase in retirement age and wants to have education at least free. Healthcare free if possible but he is kinda not sure. He has similar views on Green energy as AOC has also. He is also pro-immigration. I guess AOC was a good example.


AOC? You mean the Puerto Rican one from the Bronx? She identified herself as a Democratic Socialist the same as Bernie Sanders. She never said a damn thing against immigrant people and in fact advocates for abolishing ICE from her district 14 NYC neighborhood. She is pro independence for Puerto Rico, and she raised her own money for her campaign through grassroots and pounding the pavement. She won against a liberal sellout Democrat asshole like Crowley, she takes on banking interests and Zuckerberg, she is hounded by Fox and so on reporting, she believes in the New Green Deal, and wants to tax billionaires and millionaires and Wall Street, and she got verbally assaulted by that Yahoo Yoho....etc etc. She is young and being the decent Economics major that she is? Made up her mind for socialism early. Like I did. She is unlikely to be found screaming about nationalist bullshit videos from far in her short life past.

She was the target of those racist pro Trump violent freaks and thought about taking her high heels and making a run for it to survive that attack in Katie Porter's office.

No, she has nothing in common with Alexey a liberal guy (who says he is a liberal), yet Heisenberg sees some contradiction there. I feel sorry for his physical torture and his isolation and the Russian state poisoning him. But he is not AOC John Rawls.

My Puerto Rican socialist women have zero in common with an Alexey dude with issues in the Russian Federation.
#15165341
Navalny as we saw during the course of this thread is to the left of Putin in nationalism, racism and everything else that matters as well.

Compared to Putin he is definitely a Leftist. And certainly the kind of leftist that Russia is able to produce under the current totalitarian dictatorship.
#15165346
Rugoz wrote:Even the left-wingers can't tell themselves apart from fascists.

JohnRawls, a right wing liberal: the NazBols are far left
Me, a socialist: the NazBols are fascists
Rugoz: lol leftists so dumb u dunno who's who

A very intelligent contribution, as usual. :up:
  • 1
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 23

@Pants-of-dog you can read both yourself, I don'[…]

I agree that American culture glorifies work a bit[…]

What about the fish? Will nobody speak for the fi[…]

For once I agree with @Istanbuller . Mitch McCo[…]