The Wuhan virus—how are we doing? - Page 93 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@Doug64 would likely point to what I'm going to say next and exclaim "See! See!". :lol: :)

Got an email from the school principal. Basically said that all kids are encouraged to come back to school. Even though there are only 6 weeks left. It appears the in-person learners have made more progress than remote learners. Also the principal noted that all teachers and staff have been offered the vaccine (most took it), and that the positivity rate within the school system has been much lower than the rate for the city, and thus, they feel it's safe to invite all kids.

Keep in mind, my kid's school has been operating at 66% or so since the new year. Basically, they are asking the last 1/3 to come in now.

TEXAS IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS! :lol:
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/busines ... s/2485071/

So it seems this will be temporary. Let's wait and see.

Very small effects (i.e. undesirable secondary effects with very low probability of materialization) would not be detected even in a large phase 3 trial since it would probably be prohibitively expensive to have a sample large enough do so, or not worth checking since you'd have to vaccinate most of the population anyway. It's now where they could be expected to be seen, but it's interesting that in the trial the rate was larger for the control group. It remains to be seen what the rate of clotting for unvaccinated COVID infections, and of the general population in normal times, is.
I'm the last group to be vaccinated (besides children) so I still have to wait a month or so to even get an appointment :(.

wat0n wrote:https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/business/money-report/blood-clots-more-likely-from-covid-than-jj-shot-says-doctor-who-worked-on-other-vaccine-trials/2485071/

So it seems this will be temporary. Let's wait and see.

Very small effects (i.e. undesirable secondary effects with very low probability of materialization) would not be detected even in a large phase 3 trial since it would probably be prohibitively expensive to have a sample large enough do so, or not worth checking since you'd have to vaccinate most of the population anyway. It's now where they could be expected to be seen, but it's interesting that in the trial the rate was larger for the control group. It remains to be seen what the rate of clotting for unvaccinated COVID infections, and of the general population in normal times, is.

For young women the risk from the vaccine might be higher.
So as I read this, there are 6 cases, one fatal, of clotting issues out of 6 million doses. The pause will cost far more lives than that.

I am no conspiracy theorist but I think there is a rest of the story here.

Get Moderna or Pfizer if you can without delay. Vaccinated is better than not vaccinated.

Meanwhile I hope they send these J & J doses to a country that will use them. People are fucking dying in great numbers....still.

So we worked very hard at the clinic to convince SMI and reluctant and very at risk people to show up tomorrow to get the J & J vaccine. Now there is no chance in hell that they will ever take a vaccine. The people in charge of this should be fired. No. That is not true. They should have been fired long ago.
@Drlee There have been news articles that the attacks against the vaccine have been prompted by the companies pushing AZ to comply with their contract, and not really about the side-effects.

Fact check: No links found between vaccination and deaths
When this article was last updated on March 15, nearly 360 million vaccinations had been administered in more than 120 countries, according to Bloomberg's global vaccine tracker. That's about 9.25 million doses per day. Were any deaths reported in connection with the immunization drive? DW investigates.
https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-no-lin ... a-56458746

They are contributing the claims of deaths, after taking the vaccine, to the vaccine, and nothing else. :O

The chances of dying from a covid vaccine are smaller than being struck by lightning.

The J&J Vaccine Is Not a Tainted Cantaloupe
A one-in-7 million risk is about the chance of being struck by lightning in a given year. Looking only at the possible at-risk group of women under 50: Perhaps 1 million received the J&J shot and one died—that’s the chance of death from overdosing on Tylenol in a given year. Can ordinary people not make up their minds about this risk?
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ns/618593/
It's already been acknowledged that the clots are no more likely with the vaccine, as without. When I find the article that stated this, I shall post it.

1 in a 7,000,000 chance of dying is far better than 1 in 500, regardless. Perspective is what most people lack.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Here in Alberta...

With all the trillions of dollars Alberta has undoubtedly banked from its oil bonanza, your province should be first in line for recovery and re-opening.

No problems with hospital over-crowding, lots of secondary industries created with oil money, everyone has enough money to get high quality medicine... etc.

Or was all the money pissed away by kapitalist krooks ruling over numbed-by-cash dummies?
I got the Pfizer 2 hours ago. So far, I have not turned gay.

What sucks though, is that because I'm a J&J reschedule, they told me that I'm not guaranteed a second shot. I have to get lucky and find a second appt within the window. Kind of bullshit.. They told me this after giving me the shot.

That said someone else said "we will call you to schedule", so I'm really confused now. In any case, I'm going to start looking for appts for the second shot.
Rancid wrote:I got the Pfizer 2 hours ago. So far, I have not turned gay.

Maybe the implanted microchip needs to download a patch.

What sucks though, is that because I'm a J&J reschedule, they told me that I'm not guaranteed a second shot. I have to get lucky and find a second appt within the window. Kind of bullshit.. They told me this after giving me the shot.

That said someone else said "we will call you to schedule", so I'm really confused now. In any case, I'm going to start looking for appts for the second shot.

Good luck.
Rancid wrote:I got the Pfizer 2 hours ago. So far, I have not turned gay.

Yeah, you should schedule your own appointment.

My parents had a shot cancelled due to winter weather so they called soon after they got the news and rescheduled.
QatzelOk wrote:With all the trillions of dollars Alberta has undoubtedly banked from its oil bonanza, your province should be first in line for recovery and re-opening.
:lol: You really don't know fuck-all about other provinces, do you? That's OK, this is a typical attitude of Eastern Canadians, particularly Quebecers, who have less than stellar educations.

Alberta hasn't had an oil industry for 7 years, and even then sent most of its money in the form of transfer payments, out East. Do you think the West's dislike for Eastern Canada isn't based on valid concerns and policies that favour Eastern Canada?

QatzelOk wrote:Or was all the money pissed away by kapitalist krooks ruling over numbed-by-cash dummies?
It was sent out East to prop up the provinces like Quebec. You do know it's part of a Canada, right? :moron:

@Rancid I envy your new vaccine/chip implant. I hear you get free Wifi and Bluetooth. They only have vaccines for medical personnel in Thailand, so far. Too few.

We are back to lockdown after a recent surge in cases. We had1,500 in a day, making it the second worst surge in cases, since January, in Thailand(when it peaked at 1,750). Still, 2 Weeks will see it bottom out, again. Their reaction to the outbreak was slow and half-hearted. Still... Only 97 have died out of a population of 70 Million, so that's a win.
So far in the US, 5800 fully vaccinated people have come down with COVID-19. Was it 22 who have been hospitalized? People are not paying attention! The vaccine cannot fully protect against the virus. Health workers and the news outlets have been repeating that for months! :roll:

Though I have had both shots, I will still keep wearing masks and still social distance. I want to get some masks with adjustable ear loops. I will still not go into restaurants or hang around public areas.
I got the Pfizer 2 hours ago. So far, I have not turned gay.

Look at your avatar. Do the eyelashes look a bit longer to you?

Just saying.
Godstud wrote::lol: You really don't know fuck-all about other provinces, do you?
Alberta hasn't had an oil industry for 7 years, and even then sent most of its money in the form of transfer payments, out East.

Alberta received among the lowest royalties on its oil in the world, giving all its money to multinational oil companies.

And then, its oil-company-funded media blamed 'transfer payments' for the lack of any Hertiage Fund savings, since no one in Alberta even knows how they work. So you got ripped off by Big Oil, and your racism against French Canadians was used as a scapegoat. This happens to redneck cultures all over the world.

We are back to lockdown after a recent surge in cases.

You were bragging about having Covid completely eliminated a few months ago, and you said it was because Thais were so passive. Did *the scary Québecois* have anything to do with the return to sanitary measures in Thailand? :lol:
QatzelOk wrote:So you got ripped off by Big Oil, and your racism against French Canadians was used as a scapegoat. This happens to redneck cultures all over the world.
:eek: Wow. I was talking about region(I never mentioned French, and I have no biases on that basis). I guess you just opened your big mouth and removed all doubt about your own very biased and nasty feelings towards people not in your culture.

Quebec has as redneck a culture as anywhere else in the world, and your pomposity is supremely amusing! :lol:

Thailand is locking down for a few weeks to control Covid-19. The Songkran festival was cancelled. There hasn't been enough vaccines imported, which is one major issue.

@QatzelOk
Thailand with twice(That's 2 times) the population of Canada. Covid cases peaked at around 1,500 cases in one day. Canada, at 11,000, as they are having the same surge in cases.

Deaths from Covid-19 in Canada over the last year: 23,588. Thailand: 97.

Thailand's still a safer place to be, during this pandemic.

Peace, @QatzelOk
SpecialOlympian wrote:I also think like an economist, in that I reject empiricism and argue from first principles (this is called praxeology).

It's also called "making up bullshit which has no connection with reality". Lol.

The photo in the article showing tunnels supposed[…]

Warnings for civilians to evacuate, including drop[…]

What interests are those? He is an honorary US […]

The tail has been wagging the dog.. Israel is a[…]