Shooting of Adam Toledo - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Videos about news and current events.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Suchard

It looks to me that the 7th grader did have a gun seconds before the policeman shot him dead. Without question, the child was unarmed when he complied with Officer Eric Stillman's command to show his hands. It seems to me that far too many policemen are incapable of handling a firearm safely because they lack the temperament and ability to assess the situations they face in American cities awash with guns.
Suchard wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDbqX-3kHlc

It looks to me that the 7th grader did have a gun seconds before the policeman shot him dead. Without question, the child was unarmed when he complied with Officer Eric Stillman's command to show his hands. It seems to me that far too many policemen are incapable of handling a firearm safely because they lack the temperament and ability to assess the situations they face in American cities awash with guns.

12 year olds were running around with guns in American cities even in the 1970s. The police should be used to that by now. And this officer clearly panicked. He probably didn't see the kid ditch the gun, and expected an armed confrontation to occur when he reached the kid. Of course, it didn't; the kid had given up. This looks like a mix of poor training, poor judgement, and panic leading to loss of self-control on the part of the police officer.
American police are one of the most cowardly organizations in the world, they are always escalating the situation, always in fear of their life. I also recently saw that video where the police pepper-sprayed and tasered an army lieutenant and the fucked up thing was that the lieutenant didn't pull over when told to because he wanted to stop at a well-lit area, so he stopped at a gas station rather than stopping in dark. Imagine being this scared in a country whose population loves to scream FREEDOM from the top of their lungs.

Why the police are so scared all the time is somewhat understandable for Americans are indeed one of the most heavily armed population but it doesn't excuse this shitty behavior. Frankly without going full Stalinist mode I don't see any solution to the US police problem, purge the shit out of the police then rebuild it from scratch with better training.
By ness31
Jesus Christ, a seventh grader running around with a gun :knife:
ness31 wrote:Jesus Christ, a seventh grader running around with a gun :knife:

USA! USA! USA!! :excited:
By ness31
It’s fucking madness. How cheap is life for some in the US? The land of extremes :hmm:
Last edited by ness31 on 17 Apr 2021 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
I won't say it's normal for a 13-year-old running around with a gun even in the US, it must be very rare and can happen anywhere but the fucked up thing is a police shooting the said 13-year-old.
By ness31
Sure it’s fucked. But he was carrying a gun...not too bright. :hmm:
ness31 wrote:Sure it’s fucked. But he was carrying a gun...not too bright. :hmm:

It would be wrong to shoot an unarmed middle school boy because seconds earlier he had been carrying a gun. This policeman was not fit to be armed and therefore unfit to be a policeman in Chicago. Vetting police officers should test their ability to make the right decisions under pressure. Most police officers in England who apply for armed duty fail the vetting and still there are questionable uses of police firearms there too. It requires the ability to keep one's cool no matter what.
By ness31
Look mate, I don’t defend cops. But I don’t defend stupid either :|
By Rancid
fuser wrote:I won't say it's normal for a 13-year-old running around with a gun even in the US, it must be very rare and can happen anywhere but the fucked up thing is a police shooting the said 13-year-old.

In certain neighborhoods, it's normal. I grew up in such a neighborhood. I knew kids that would take guns to school. This was typically kids that would spend a lot of time with older cousins who were in gangs. They all thought they were tough guys and what not. Yea, a little git of a 5th, 6th, 7th grader thinking he's hard as fuck. This was normal to me, it wasn't until I was much older and left for college did I realize how fucking crazy that all is.

Anyway, I've witnessed more than one stabbing in school. Hell, in 5th grade I remember some kids showing up high as fuck. Oh, and I went to one of the better ghetto schools. Other neighborhoods were much worse than what I saw.

One of my classmates was killed (shot) during lunch hours just off campus (we had open lunch, meaning you can the school campus at lunch time). They ended open lunch after that. Though my class was grand fathered through it, so I was the last generation of high school that could leave school at lunch.

As for the army guy that got peppered sprayed. That's why I always immediately pull over, even if it's in a dangerous location. I let the cop tell me to move somewhere else. DUnno, cops fuckign suck dick. Nothing you do satisfies them.
I didn't like the way the mainstream media handled this. For starters, they cropped the video to not show the kid with a gun in his hand. Second, the hand was coming up, and from behind him - meaning that the cop didn't exactly have the greatest vantage point about the hand being empty.

Also, they show a lot of slow-mos and still frames. Truth is that the difference between the kid dropping his pistol and the cop firing his service revolver was EIGHT-TENTHS OF A SECOND. You could have the reflexes of a jungle cat. There is NO way you can make an accurate threat assessment in that short of time, played out live with no hindsight knowledge.

If a jury knows all this, the cop walks. Probably keeps his job.
Rancid wrote:In certain neighborhoods, it's normal. I grew up in such a neighborhood. I knew kids that would take guns to school. This was typically kids that would spend a lot of time with older cousins who were in gangs. They all thought they were tough guys and what not. Yea, a little git of a 5th, 6th, 7th grader thinking he's hard as fuck. This was normal to me, it wasn't until I was much older and left for college did I realize how fucking crazy that all is.

Anyway, I've witnessed more than one stabbing in school. Hell, in 5th grade I remember some kids showing up high as fuck. Oh, and I went to one of the better ghetto schools. Other neighborhoods were much worse than what I saw.

One of my classmates was killed (shot) during lunch hours just off campus (we had open lunch, meaning you can the school campus at lunch time). They ended open lunch after that. Though my class was grand fathered through it, so I was the last generation of high school that could leave school at lunch.

As for the army guy that got peppered sprayed. That's why I always immediately pull over, even if it's in a dangerous location. I let the cop tell me to move somewhere else. DUnno, cops fuckign suck dick. Nothing you do satisfies them.

That the boy had been earlier carrying a gun is a distraction from the salient point of the policeman's action in killing an unarmed child who had complied with his demand to show his hands which were empty.
Goranhammer wrote:I didn't like the way the mainstream media handled this. For starters, they cropped the video to not show the kid with a gun in his hand. Second, the hand was coming up, and from behind him - meaning that the cop didn't exactly have the greatest vantage point about the hand being empty.

Also, they show a lot of slow-mos and still frames. Truth is that the difference between the kid dropping his pistol and the cop firing his service revolver was EIGHT-TENTHS OF A SECOND. You could have the reflexes of a jungle cat. There is NO way you can make an accurate threat assessment in that short of time, played out live with no hindsight knowledge.

If a jury knows all this, the cop walks. Probably keeps his job.

It was the mainstream media, namely PBS, which showed the gun in the child's hand seconds earlier. I do wonder what channel you were watching which did not mention nor show what appeared to be a gun being thrown by Adam behind the fence before he was shot dead.
By Rancid
Suchard wrote:That the boy had been earlier carrying a gun is a distraction from the salient point of the policeman's action in killing an unarmed child who had complied with his demand to show his hands which were empty.

Of course.
Suchard wrote:It was the mainstream media, namely PBS, which showed the gun in the child's hand seconds earlier. I do wonder what channel you were watching which did not mention nor show what appeared to be a gun being thrown by Adam behind the fence before he was shot dead.

Let's put it this way. I had heard about the story for quite a while. The first time I actually saw a photo with pistol in hand was when I watched Fox News.
Goranhammer wrote:Let's put it this way. I had heard about the story for quite a while. The first time I actually saw a photo with pistol in hand was when I watched Fox News.

You live a sheltered life. Fox News indeed.
Suchard wrote:You live a sheltered life. Fox News indeed.

This is why I mock certain people. You only get "your" news. Their narrative is yours.

I watch many outlets for an all-encompassing truth. You're stuck in Plato's cave, afraid to go out to see what all is out there.
Goranhammer wrote:This is why I mock certain people. You only get "your" news. Their narrative is yours.

I watch many outlets for an all-encompassing truth. You're stuck in Plato's cave, afraid to go out to see what all is out there.

But you made the false claim that showing the child with a gun was not shown on any main news station except for the TrumpRepublican Fox News propaganda network.
Suchard wrote:But you made the false claim that showing the child with a gun was not shown on any main news station except for the TrumpRepublican Fox News propaganda network.

I wrote:The first time I actually saw a photo with pistol in hand was when I watched Fox News.

Not the same at all. I saw the story on ABC, CBS, and CNN and at the point that I watched them, no mention was made about a gun recently held/dropped. This is not the equivalent of "they never said it". In fact, I did hear about it on another network. It just so happens to be after I first watched it on Fox.

So it sounds to me that either the "propaganda" is actual truth, or it was coincidence on my time of viewership. Of course, I'm sure I know which way you're leaning. You haven't shown yourself to be unbiased in the least.

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]