Has Anti-Racism Become as Harmful as Racism in the USA? - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
noemon wrote:This is an admission of defeat. The OP is about the USA, not about Zimbabwe.

Both the racism and the anti-racism of the OP is about their use within the American context.

Also, it is a Rule 2 Violation to misuse people's usernames.

Unless a serious argument sourcing from the OP's debate video(which is actually very interesting) is posted in this necro-resurrected thread, it will be locked.

As to Rule 2, I do not address human beings as "God". I did not misuse his username, I refuse to call him "God".

Secondly, If it is a forum for American discussions then it should be so clearly advised. I have read some excellent posts of yours on Greek history; and I have a thread on Israeli politics. It will seem to me clearly that the forum does not limit itself to the borders of the United States.
Juin wrote:As to Rule 2, I do not address human beings as "God". I did not misuse his username, I refuse to call him "God".

Secondly, If it is a forum for American discussions then it should be so clearly advised. I have read some excellent posts of yours on Greek history; and I have a thread on Israeli politics. It will seem to me clearly that the forum does not limit itself to the borders of the United States.

He refers to this thread only.

Now, as to whether it is possible to be racist against Whites in the US, I don't see why not. I find it hard to see stuff like the Smithsonian's infamous Whiteness chart in a different light, particularly since it's a Federal institution. A similar chart on Blackness would unquestionably lead to accusations of institutional racism against it, and it's because of similar criticism that they removed it (without removing anything else though).

But does this mean that anti-racism is as harmful as racism? No, it just means their little Robespierres may be, and ironically they may be harmful practicing racism themselves or leading to a racist counterreaction. This doesn't mean that the general idea is as bad at racism itself, at worst, it may mean that when someone claims to be anti-racist he may actually mean that he's racist, just not against BIPOC - and without admitting he's racist, which also happens to be a common accusation among these types.

This is also American racial identity politics in a nutshell, really.
Juin wrote:As to Rule 2, I do not address human beings as "God". I did not misuse his username, I refuse to call him "God".

Misusing a person's username is the same as insulting them here and it applies to all our poster's equally. If you have personal or religious issues with using his entire username, then you can find creative ways of referring to that poster(for example) without butchering their username.

Juin wrote:Secondly, If it is a forum for American discussions then it should be so clearly advised. I have read some excellent posts of yours on Greek history; and I have a thread on Israeli politics. It will seem to me clearly that the forum does not limit itself to the borders of the United States.

This is not a forum for American discussions only. The topic of this thread however is about racism and anti-racism in the USA. I recommend that you take the time to watch the OP video.

Lastly, title thread amended to refer to the USA for the avoidance of any doubt.
wat0n wrote:He refers to this thread only.

Now, as to whether it is possible to be racist against Whites in the US, I don't see why not. I find it hard to see stuff like the Smithsonian's infamous Whiteness chart in a different light, particularly since it's a Federal institution. A similar chart on Blackness would unquestionably lead to accusations of institutional racism against it, and it's because of similar criticism that they removed it (without removing anything else though).

But does this mean that anti-racism is as harmful as racism? No, it just means their little Robespierres may be, and ironically they may be harmful practicing racism themselves or leading to a racist counterreaction. This doesn't mean that the general idea is as bad at racism itself, at worst, it may mean that when someone claims to be anti-racist he may actually mean that he's racist, just not against BIPOC - and without admitting he's racist, which also happens to be a common accusation among these types.

This is also American racial identity politics in a nutshell, really.

I agree. I believe I pointed out in earlier posts that racism is evil, and it behooves all to fight racism. But caution has to be exercised. A well intentioned Anti Racism cause, pursued with zeal, overzeal, with a the end justifies all means, can easily morph into the very thing it is fighting.
noemon wrote:Misusing a person's username is the same as insulting them here and it applies to all our poster's equally. If you have personal or religious issues with using his entire username, then you can find creative ways of referring to that poster(for example) without butchering their username.

I was only pointing out that there was no intent to insult the gentleman. It is understandable that another may not want to be referring to his fellow human as "God". I will refer to him henceforth in creative ways as you suggest.
@Juin If a person's name was Godwin, Godbolt, Godspeed, etc. Just because it has "God" in it, doesn't mean it's referring to your particular "god".

Godstud
= Creator of Gods! I made it up as a fun over-the-top name, long ago, for gaming. There is absolutely NO Christian religious connotation. If you call me Godstud, you aren't calling me a god... :roll: Don't pretend there's more to the name than there actually is.

Should I take offense that your name was that of a French Army General who became Marshal of France, and refuse to use it based on that? :?:

I will allow you to call me 'Odinspear', if you can't manage to use a name with "god" in it. (Note: Dog is just reverse god, so what do you do about that?)
I am beginning to think that the reaction to anti-racism, the act of seeing “identity politics” and censorship where there is none, is getting to be another form of racism.

I think we need to ask if BIPOC voices are being censored by a conservative media that flings unfounded accusations of “cancel culture” whenever these BIPOC voices bring up racism.
Godstud wrote:@Juin If a person's name was Godwin, Godbolt, Godspeed, etc. Just because it has "God" in it, doesn't mean it's referring to your particular "god".

Godstud
= Creator of Gods! I made it up as a fun over-the-top name, long ago, for gaming. There is absolutely NO Christian religious connotation. If you call me Godstud, you aren't calling me a god... :roll: Don't pretend there's more to the name than there actually is.

Should I take offense that your name was that of a French Army General who became Marshal of France, and refuse to use it based on that? :?:

I will allow you to call me 'Odinspear', if you can't manage to use a name with "god" in it. (Note: Dog is just reverse god, so what do you do about that?)

I will call you "Godstud".
Godstud wrote:@Juin If a person's name was Godwin, Godbolt, Godspeed, etc. Just because it has "God" in it, doesn't mean it's referring to your particular "god".

Godstud

#woke #cancel #what
Btw ThorHammerTime is cooler

A new film has been released destroying the offic[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]