If liberals care about the environment, why do they mostly live in cities? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Torus34 wrote:A far more interesting question is why we find a preponderance of liberals in large cities.
The thinkers and the well educated live in cities. Being capable of critical thinking makes Liberals.
Godstud wrote:The thinkers and the well educated live in cities. Being capable of critical thinking makes Liberals.

Hi, Godstud,

That may be a major reason, but it is open to question. Thinkers and well-educated people also live in college towns, but those towns may not necessarily be libral in the majority. Cities also contain a large percent of folks who are poorly educated, though I have no index of whether they would come under the rubric of 'thinkers'.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.
Igor Antunov wrote: ..geared to feed urban liberals and provide them with consumer good

Now you're just being silly. People live where they live. It has nothing to do with being liberal. Liberal is a meaningless political concept anyway in 2021, existing mainly as a signifier in cultural wars.

You could legit argue that people need to scale back consumption in the West, but it's ridiculous to think the big polluting cities in that list are hotbeds of liberalism. They are dirt poor, and their pollution comes from inadequate infrastructure to treat sewage and collect garbage.
Godstud wrote:The thinkers and the well educated live in cities. Being capable of critical thinking makes Liberals.

The wiser and less naive move, or at least have properties, in the country. There they can have a few nice big properties and pick which one they want to live in or use as a holiday home, especially in retirement age.

All my mum's friends have country properties, and most of my extended family have some.

Financial wisdom is more important.
Last edited by colliric on 24 Sep 2021 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, @colliric, you are lucky enough to own a farm or wealthy enough to able to buy property in the countryside it's great, but that only indicates wealth through either inheritance(as most farms are) or accumulation.

Puffer Fish, as a senior (and olde) member of this[…]

1 The great settlement withdrawal that Israelis […]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]