Let's Examine the Claims of Atheists - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
late wrote:Thanks for the laugh.

Says the godless Leftist who put the three biggest crooks in the nation into office, Biden, Harris and Pelosi.

We can thank liberals such as you for:
1. $5 gasoline
2. Rampant inflation
3. Mumbling, bumbling Slow Joe who can't utter a coherent paragraph
4. Democrats abandoning this circus, and they are not laughing.

Trump is now the odds on favorite in Vegas odds to win in 2024.
Nobody has any clue how the universe began or who or what or how it was created and anyone who claims they do is full of it. At best it's subjective wishful thinking. If you want to believe that a God created it, or 5 Gods did, go ahead but don't pass it off as truth or fact or tell others that don't believe in it that they're wrong. If you want to make truth claims bring the receipts. If Einstein believed in God I don't care, let's see the receipts. Science means a hypothesis needs evidence to support a conclusion.
Rich wrote:problems

I assume the problem you are referring to is morphogenesis.

Problem solved.

A [url=https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1674987114000681United theory of biological evolution: Disaster-forced evolution through Supernova, radioactive ash fall-outs, genome instability, and mass extinctions

Toshikazu Ebisuzaki & Shigenori Maruyama[/url]

:)
@MrWonderful Biden's not an Atheist and your "arguments"(I use that term VERY lightly), are poorly conceived and simply a right-wingnut slander on perceived things that don't actually exist. You're pretending to be a victim. Pathetic.

The price of gas has nothing to do with Atheism. It's so stupid to even write that down.

The biggest crook was Trump, and thankfully that criminal is gone, gone, gone.

You're just trying to blame everything on Atheism. That's just dumb. :knife:

Your attempt to "examine the claims of Atheists" is nonsense. You have done nothing of the kind.
MrWonderful wrote:Says the godless Leftist who put the three biggest crooks in the nation into office, Biden, Harris and Pelosi.

We can thank liberals such as you for:
1. $5 gasoline
2. Rampant inflation
3. Mumbling, bumbling Slow Joe who can't utter a coherent paragraph
4. Democrats abandoning this circus, and they are not laughing.

Trump is now the odds on favorite in Vegas odds to win in 2024.

Reality and facts are very offensive to godless Leftists, but I repeat myself.

The opposite of "The Religious Right," which is so universally condemned by Democrats would be of course "The Atheist Left." But to make this obvious point makes the godless Left sputter and curse and lie. "You're generalizing" say those who call us "Right Wing Religious Nuts" who are "anti-science" and ignorant Neanderthals.

The godless Left, liberals, voted for demented Joe and Kamala Whore, not to mention Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters and the rest of the circus. "Too many Marines on the island might make it tip over and capsize." - Democrat Congressman at a hearing

That's Democrat science.

Scientists far more learned than any atheist here recognize the profound design and insuperable statistics which attach thereto. I give you the original synthesis of titin, one of many thousands of proteins not one of which humans can synthesize, given the formula.
@MrWonderful Your zealotry is impressive, but impotent. You are peddling lies and simply flinging poo with your attempts to engage in a debate. In the end, all you're doing is spewing hate and misinformation. Good day, anyways.
MrWonderful wrote:The godless Left, liberals, voted for demented Joe and Kamala Whore,

Do you have any evidence that Kamala Harris is engaging or has engaged in prostitution? And even if she is engaging in the odd hour of prostitution, I don't really see what the problem would be as long as she's not doing so many hours that it interferes with her vice presidential duties.
NEW CHRISTIANS

Well I was going to let this go being, first among everything a Christian. I believe in God. And I am a scientist. I am not speaking to atheists in this post. I am speaking to Christians.

What I know of science comes from scientific method. It is the fruit of a particular set of behaviors that leads to conclusions generally called Science. Science calls for proof. There is room in it for theory and conjecture. There is also a little bit of faith every now and then. But its goal is to inexorably lead to proof and so settled science.

New Christians engage with non Christians in discussions trying to make God somehow science. He is not. He did not intend to be. He went to great pains (IMO) to keep his existence a matter of faith. So an old and mellow Christian (and I am sure other faiths as well) is quite comfortable with not even trying to "prove for God". We are not only not told to do this we are told not to.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.

or

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Now pay attention to this:
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God".
Right? Do you believe this? Because if it is true your trying to challenge atheists is doing Gods job, not yours. If He wants them into the fold he will bring them into the fold. But whether he does or does not is not yours to judge. Nor for that matter is their fate.

1 Corinthians 13:2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

How is engaging an atheist in a scientific debate in any way "loving" them? Does it bring them to understanding Jesus' life and message or does our own contentious approach drive them away? Is it possible that the best case scenario you are setting up is to win an argument and lose a soul? Jesus did not argue with people. His miracles showed his love not his ability to suspend the rules of physics. Right? Jesus did not bring us a science lesson.

Romans 14:1
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.

Are you doing that? Attempting to quarrel over opinions? Don't do that. It is not loving. We are first and foremost, in the words of Jesus Himself told this:

And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

How is engaging in an argument loving your neighbor as yourself? It is not. It is attempting to prevail. I get you say, for their own good, but be very careful about this. Is there a better way to do it than calling someone names?

But you are supposed to witness and save souls. Right?

Right. You are supposed to do that. But God is not on trial and you are not his attorney. Moreover, your words do not lead people to God. Just the opposite. Your challenge just gives them the opportunity to reconfirm and practice the arguments that they use to justify their atheism. You are just another shill on which to practice.

There are several things that can bring people to be receptive of the message of Jesus. Very frequently it is adversity in their lives. Illness, death of a friend or loved one, financial problems, marital problems, old age...you name it. There is your opportunity to help. You offer love and the comfort of your faith. But faith without works is empty we are told. So you give them your faith but the best way to do this is to show your faith. Comfort them in their loss. Help with their financial problems. Share your hope (faith) for the future. Feed the hungry, clothe those who need clothing. In other words do what Jesus told you to do. This is how you share the Gospel. Because the Good news (Gospel) is love for God which is manifested in love for your neighbors.

Go to the store and buy some food. Give it to a hungry person with a kind "God bless you".

A story that actually happened today.

I work at a feeding project for homeless people. I work in the clinic but I am one of the de facto leaders. A lady showed up who is a sex worker. Probably a meth head. Who knows what other things. She wanted a covid shot. This was a breakthrough for her. We did not have vaccine on site today so the Nurse Practitioner used her Uber to send the lady to another clinic to get it. When the lady came back to get her shopping cart I was just closing up. She very sheepishly asked me if we had any ladies underwear because she had lost her bag. Do you have any idea how hard that was for her. I got her a couple of pair. It was nothing. As she was leaving she said this: "I wish I could have your job. But I do not have the training or the Holiness". I have never in my life spoken to her about God or religion. She knew I was a Christian because of the organization but no apologetic, no sermons, no Bible reading no challenging her at all. Yet she knew.

Though I am not a Catholic I feel especially drawn to St Francis: He has some words for you my argumentative Christian friends. He said this: "Preach the Gospel everyday & only if you have to, use words."

I have personally stolen one of his sayings as it applies to me I am afraid:

“I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, He can work through anyone.”
@Rich

Edward Conklin:

The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop.

We have just in the year 2022 fully sequenced entirely the Human DNA...

I doubt such an complicated and huge code could evolve from alone.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Both sides are just bad faith actors in the sen[…]

There is no evidence whatsoever that the IDF and I[…]

Voting for this guy again would be a very banan[…]

The US government does not care about the ongoing […]